It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hadron Particle Accelerator - Today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I heard that the Hadron Particle Accelerator was due to be switched on today - Am I correct?

Large Hadron Collider

If this is true, i'm suprised that no-ones talking about it.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Not quite yet, but soon. Here you go....

/6en5gw
preview.tinyurl.com...

They've started the cooling process.... or something like that. The LHC itself hasn't started doing anything with beams or particles yet.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrayFox
Not quite yet, but soon. Here you go....

/6en5gw
preview.tinyurl.com...

They've started the cooling process.... or something like that. The LHC itself hasn't started doing anything with beams or particles yet.

Thanks

Incase anyone is interested: the countdown until it is switched on is on the following link

www.lhcountdown.com...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

Incase anyone is interested: the countdown until it is switched on is on the following link

www.lhcountdown.com...

Great Link Thanks

I for one am really excited about this though it will probably be years before they publish any results

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apocalypse69

www.lhcountdown.com...

Great Link Thanks

I for one am really excited about this though it will probably be years before they publish any results

riiiight... that or we get personally informed when Cthulu comes barging through and his Dagon swarms consume our entire civilization.

don't say I didn't warn you.

-

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I read an article last night that said they tested it last week, and one of the large sections of magnet jumped clean out of it's place. They are having to modify the magnets now so that doesn't happen again.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrayFox
They've started the cooling process.... or something like that.

so is it safe to assume that this thing is extremely powerful beyond comprehension if they have already started cooling it 44 days before they even turn it on. maybe im just stupid but that is hard to comprehend for me..

top topics

join