It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Video):Olberman Rant on Bush's 'Golf Sacrifice' to dead troops

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I was in love with Keith Olbamann before, and wanted to have his babies.........now I may have to become his stalker! I love this man, and what he said, wether he wrote it or not was right on the money! As far as someones comment about him losing his job for this........nope, they just renewed his contract for five more years. Rant on Keith!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Great post Tex.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well as an european observer i have to admit that i was surprised to hear someone on a TV channel talking about the president...it shows that the people are fed up of this nazi-president...but somehow i regret the fact that 9/11 and the truth behind it...the fact that the WTC tower felt in nearly 10 seconds which is impossible without weapons of mass destruction. The fact that those wars claimed by the Bilderberg Group was not mentionned either...that Hillary Clinton is a member too and had serious accusations in the past in a scandal with Peter Paul: www.youtube.com...
Well i guess that whoever the next president of the US will be...he or she has the choise...u walk with the Bilderbergers or u die...just like former President Kennedy was hit by a bullet ordered by Bush senior...they will continue till someone will stop them...that's why i discovered an ex-journalist and his name is Benjamin Fulord and see the results in youtube after typing his name.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Olbermann is the only person in mainstream media who gets it. He unabashedly goes for the jugular on an administration that needs to be taken to task on a daily basis.

Olbermann ROCKS!

Thanks for posting this.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Al Qaeda was moving into Iraq before we ever attacked. It was (one) of the places they ran to from Afghanistan.

There is no proof of this. It's purely speculative. It's likely that some may have retreated to Iraq, but there was certainly no campaigns from Al Qaeda taking place there. No attacks. Nothing. Bush brought the bulk of Al Qaeda there by aggressively invading Iraq ... might I remind you: the same reason for which they fight us.

I could say that some of Al Qaeda may have retreated to Belize and be just as correct in my statement as you were in yours. Though, yours may be more realistic, it's based on nothing but assumption.

About the OP's video post:
HELL YEAH!
Right on, Keith Olberman!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I mean, come on...'they had to pull you off the golf course." Olberman says that he didn't think of it? How does he come to that conclusion? How loose and fast does he play with interpretation to get that wild one? "Pull me off the golf course" means "i was playing a round of golf, and someone summoned me with an emergency message." Olberman really doesn't know that? Or did his mismanagement of comprehension just conveniently net him an additional 120 seconds to fill the 24 hour news cycle on a VERY slumping rating report for MSNBC?

I don't think Olberman did much interpreting ... he took it from Bush's own words:

Interview Transcript

Bush: No, I remember when de Mello, who was at the U.N., got killed in Baghdad as a result of these murderers taking this good man's life. And I was playing golf — I think I was in central Texas — and they pulled me off the golf course and I said, it's just not worth it anymore to do.

An emergency message that someone had been killed in a bombing? Don't think for a second that the secret service or any adviser is going to interrupt Bush's game of golf to inform him of yet another causality.

Also, he may want to check his itinerary for references of when he actually thought "...it's just not worth it anymore to do.":
Washington Post Article

The problem is that Sergio Vieira de Mello, the top U.N. envoy in Iraq at the time, was killed Aug. 19, 2003. Bush, according to news reports, was still playing two days later, when he teed off at the Crosswater Golf Course in Sunriver, Ore., during a two-day visit to the Pacific Northwest.

He also played Sept. 28 with friends at Andrews Air Force Base course and again there on Oct. 13, in honor of Columbus Day. It appears that he didn't golf after that -- at least judging from a review of media coverage since then.

So, was that when Bush "thought" of it? Or, do you think maybe he was advised (probably by his doctor) he shouldn't be playing golf (or running). It may have been his idea to offer it up as a "sacrifice" after that.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Keith Olberman is a punk paid-shill mouthpiece for the far left fringe element who thinks he is brave by trash-talking Bush. He is so "brave", of course, because there are no consequences for his actions - he is protected by the first amendment.

Let's see him go to Iran and speak out against the regime there, where he would face prison time or worse. Then we would see how "brave and courageous" he really is.

reply to post by SHADOW WALKER

reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Originally posted by SHADOW WALKER
I watched That Interview, And Heard That Smug Little Retards Remarks, And Thought To Myself WTF ?? . How could anybody Support This Idiot in the first place,and Then ReElect him to a second term ?? This Moron Should Have Never Been Allowed The Presidency to begin with . He Stands In "SOLIDARITY" with the families of slain American Soldiers By Giving Up GOLF !?

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by SHADOW WALKER

It just shows how out of touch with reality and humanity this silver-spoon fed brat is.

He gave up golf, while tens of thousands of troops are being maimed and killed to serve out his twisted agendas, which have all been found to be propegated on nothing but lies after lies.

Beyond disgusting.

The above two posts are typical of twisting words and text out of context so far as to disregard belief.

The question was not

"Mr. President, what sacrifices have you made...."

The question was (more or less)

"Mr. President, has the war affected your golf game?"

What were his choices?

a) Not at all

b) No comment

c) It has improved it

d) I tend to slice the ball more

e) What he said.

Some people here have absolutely no intellectual integrity. The above two posters are prime examples of that. They twist words and deliberately misquote and misinterpret words to satisfy their ignorant bias.

Not saying you have to agree with the administration. Just sayin, be a little more honest. At least try.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

jso, don't you think Sean Hannity is a punk paid-shill mouthpiece for the far right fringe elements?

Or Rush Limbaugh? Bill O'Reilly? Glenn Beck?

Coultergeist?!? (well, she's just crazy...)

The media is dominated by Bush apologists, good to see someone at least speaking up about the 'Emporor's new clothes'.

Bush's latest gaffe was his speech in Israel, before the Knesset. This, from the same lying sack of ...er....rocks....who said he wouldn't 'inject' himself into the 2008 election debates! Yeah, right. He's an idiot, and a tool, being manipulated and given a cookie and glass of milk just before bedtime at 8 o'clock for being a good boy.

And to think, he wasn't even legitimately elected in the first place, it is a crying shame we have been sold down the river.......

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Does anyone have another link to this video? The youtube link is not working, and I'd love see what he said :-)

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Are you sure it's not your PC? I just clicked on it and it worked fine for me.

I wonder if Olberman is going to go after DUMBYA for his "Nazi appeasists" remark next?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Tortoise, have you tried going right to Youtube? Just type 'Olbermann' in the search box, it'll show up.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
i never watch this news channel but i'll be sure to tune in to olberman now.
great find and post. i stared this one for sure. this is about how pissed i get every time i hear that idiot open his dumb @$$ mouth.
they are making another Dumb and Dumber sequel staring George Bush and John McCain . see the trailers to it every time they get on stage.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I remember seeing "Bush gives up GOLF since Iraq war began" on Yahoo's page a few days ago...and I remember thinking...Wow...This country must really be as dumb as I thought. 1) It's not news...Nor is anything concerning what sports Bush does or does not. 2) He "sacrificied" playing golf because of Iraq?!? Give me a break...Over 4000 troops are dead and this idiots telling people about why he doesn't play golf anymore. 3) It was a headline...right between the Myanmar death toll and the Chinese earthquake...HOW UTTERLY RIDICULOUS.

I originally thought it was a joke- but then I just realized that we're being led by the dumbest man on the face of the planet.

What's next..."Bush no longer has time for cross-word puzzles"

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PimpyMcgibbins

Pimpy!
Crossword puzzles?!? Him??

I don't think he could finish one designed for a five-year old, intellectual giant that he is....

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

This is the best, most eloquent, passionate summation of TRUE AMERICANS heartfelt statements that they feel but cannot or cannot state.
WEll Done Obermann !!!!
ALL AMERICANS should watch this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pointed and Sharp, but Blessed is the Truth!!

Be Well,

Maat

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by scarletm

What about Lou Dobbs?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I cannot believe this speech was not on at the top of every news channel in the country. Stuff like that is what makes me know that the media is not telling us the truth, and not reporting on the real news out there. I will email this to everyone on my list though, so that the news will at least get out there to my own little circle.

It's all just too much. What can the average person do to change any of this? I am so frustrated by my own lack of ability to do anything. I have written a half dozen letters to the editors of my own local papers, and none published yet, even if I try to soft pedal my message to get it past the editors.

There is just no platform for people to voice their outrage. The media will not even acknowlege it exists. However if you want to read about Brittney Spears or Brad and Angelina it sure isn't hard to find news. It's a sad reflection on us that we are being led by the nose like we are.

I fear that the days of real change and revolution are gone forever, and that the military industrial machine may be in an unbreakable position of control. We have become a nation of people who sit and watch it happen and grumble to one another in our living rooms.

Where are the million man marches to end this war? If we could get people out there in the streets like that then maybe we could change the status quo, even a litle bit. But it will never happen, because most people are not even truly aware. They are happy reading about Brad and Angelina and ingesting the BS that the media feeds us about the progress we are making in the war on Terror.

I fear we are in a downhill slide that is not going to end until they have milked this country dry and we are living like a third world nation right here in the USA. I pray I am wrong, but my gut tells me it ain't good.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Finally a bit of sanity shows its face on the main-stream. Oh how the truth of ages will look back on these sorrow filled 8 years. It all started in Florida and none of us can guess when it will end. I know one thing, for the first time in my life I'm not proud to be part of "this" america. No my 50 United States are gone, like my freedom. If it ever comes back, it won't come easy.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ikema

Yes, Ikema. Sad, isn't it?

We saw how Florida was interferred with, when it came to the 2000 election.

In 2004, in Ohio, these usurpers went hi-tech....using the electronic voting machines (from a company based in Texas....surprised?) to swing that state, illegally.

There is a documentary, been around for some years, called 'Hacking Democracy'. See it, and you will never trust an electronic voting machine again.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PimpyMcgibbins
I remember seeing "Bush gives up GOLF since Iraq war began" on Yahoo's page a few days ago...and I remember thinking...Wow...This country must really be as dumb as I thought.

Or, maybe YaHoo! is as dumb as you thought.

1) It's not news...Nor is anything concerning what sports Bush does or does not.

I wholeheartedly agree.

2) He "sacrificied" playing golf because of Iraq?!? Give me a break...Over 4000 troops are dead and this idiots telling people about why he doesn't play golf anymore.

He was asked why he doesn't play golf anymore. He answered the question. It's the media in general, and Keith Olbermann specifically in overblown fashion, that decided to make something of it.

What would Olbermann have done if Bush had NOT given up golf? Had a stroke, I'm guessing.

3) It was a headline...right between the Myanmar death toll and the Chinese earthquake...HOW UTTERLY RIDICULOUS.

I wholeheartedly agree.

I originally thought it was a joke- but then I just realized that we're being led by the dumbest man on the face of the planet.

So he shouldn't have given up golf, afterall? If taking the job's responsibilties seriously and the loss of life personally is a sign of idiocy, what would a genius do? Compete on Dancing With The Stars?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join