It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Video):Olberman Rant on Bush's 'Golf Sacrifice' to dead troops

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

[edit on 15-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is a MUST-SEE. Olberman has his finger on the pulse of an ever-increasing outraged populace, who grows tired of our 'Decider' continuing to play us all for absolute fools.

THANK YOU KEITH OLBERMAN for being one of the last MSM reporters to speak out against these criminals!!!

PART 2:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Thank you, DD!!

I saw this last night....was wishing/hoping someone would put this up.

Unfortunately, I don't have a clue how, glad you're on the case!!

S&F

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It too bad this will never reach the eyes or ears of the decider. His faithful staff of yes-men will ensure that no criticism ever reaches him to bruise his oh-so-delicate little ego.

How the F*** else can he be so oblivious to the complaints of Americans, and the current plight of our nation, which he and his neoconservative cronies are directly responsible for?

S&F
Thanks for posting!

[edit on 15-5-2008 by keeb333]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
yeah i saw it last night too...i thought keith was going to blow out a neck vein...but he's right. i have a feeling keith might be taken off the air...too much harsh criticism of republicans...and you know, WE CAN'T HAVE THAT!!! look what happened to phil donohue, too much critical thinking and discussion and... BAM...dismissed!!!! we should just all resort to name calling and fake news like the republicans do.

republican motto: F'EM, I GOT MINE!!!!

[edit on 15-5-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What chance is there that someone could copy this to a DVD and mail one to every member of Congress?

Just a thought...not sure if copyright laws would be an issue...of course, the expense would be...

WW

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
That's some powerful stuff from Keith. Thank you for linking that up DD and a huge thanks to Olberman for the rant. I truly hope this is finally speaking for the majority of this country. That's one to send to everyone on your mailing list...

Now... always the alter-thought... is this just another well placed shill... and allowed this rant... the 'create an angry American' thing... keep creating more... plays right into 'someones' hands, when the time is right. Hey... always gotta kick it out there, right?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well, I do know that at least CHENEY is aware of Olberman's rants.

In a recent stand-up comic speech he gave (which as much as I absolutely HATE to admit was quite funny) he said something of the like:

"I remember the show '10 things I hate about you'..."I think they renamed it The Countdown with Keith Olberman".

LOL

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
That's why I LOOOOOOOOVE Keith Olbermann!!!

Great thread. Olbermann seems to be the last, honest, good guy in media nowadays.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

i have a feeling keith might be taken off the air...

I had that thought as well... so couple that with my prior comments and let's see what happens to him... shill or not... this could determine. I'm already convinced that Glenn Beck is a shill.

Awesome rant, anyway about it

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

i don't like GW too much. But good God, how much more dishonesty do we need?

GW's reference to an ideological struggle is true, regardless of what Keith says.

GW's reference to the democrats and it bringing another attack was not flippantly thrown out there. He was asked directly about a "doomsday" scenario.

Al Qaeda was moving into Iraq before we ever attacked. It was (one) of the places they ran to from Afghanistan.

Terrorism in Iraq is provably not Bush's creation. Abu Nidal was given asylum and died in Baghdad.

GW is not responsible for the intelligence. He is barely intelligent. But most nations agreed with us, and didn't want to make the Europeans upset, so held back.

GW's main mistake is dealing more with his lame execution of the war. All this other stuff is blame laying done poorly.

I mean, how the hell does the Louisianna governor get off scott free for not having adequate plans in place, while Bush gets roasted for assuming that she had done her job, and he didn't NEED to step in.

The same way that people still believe Obama is muslim (what a bunch of morons), people ignore truthful yet inconvenient facts.

I mean, come on...'they had to pull you off the golf course." Olberman says that he didn't think of it? How does he come to that conclusion? How loose and fast does he play with interpretation to get that wild one? "Pull me off the golf course" means "i was playing a round of golf, and someone summoned me with an emergency message." Olberman really doesn't know that? Or did his mismanagement of comprehension just conveniently net him an additional 120 seconds to fill the 24 hour news cycle on a VERY slumping rating report for MSNBC?

I am just amazed at how ignorant Bush bashing has become. There is plenty to bash him over...stick with the true and honest screw ups and quit trying to make up or embellish additional ones.

I remember Olbermans early days with ESPN. I liked him better with Dan Patrick, doing SportCenter. At least he didn't look so bitter.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I watched That Interview, And Heard That Smug Little Retards Remarks, And Thought To Myself WTF ?? . How could anybody Support This Idiot in the first place,and Then ReElect him to a second term ?? This Moron Should Have Never Been Allowed The Presidency to begin with . He Stands In "SOLIDARITY" with the families of slain American Soldiers By Giving Up GOLF !?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SHADOW WALKER

It just shows how out of touch with reality and humanity this silver-spoon fed brat is.

He gave up golf, while tens of thousands of troops are being maimed and killed to serve out his twisted agendas, which have all been found to be propegated on nothing but lies after lies.

Beyond disgusting.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

Well, you at least entertain the idea, so that puts you miles ahead of the pack. Hell, it puts you on another planet.

Until any of these idealogical mouthpieces start delving into "free fall speed" and "where's the wreckage?" and "look at that tiny hole, that doesn't seem right", all they ever will be are divisive shills.

Peace

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

DD, well said.

Ya know, I was thinking....it has been traditional in the USA to put our ex-presidents up on a pedestal....or, if not that, at least they always get a "pass"....maybe it's time, now that we're starting a new century, to stop coddling them.

I'm reminded of Harry S. Truman's famous phrase 'The Buck Stops Here'

Just as the Captain of a ship, or an airplane, is ultimately responsible, so should the highest political leader in a nation...or as we call them, the 'Commander-in-Chief' They must remain culpable, both while in office, and after leaving. Nixon went scot-free...and his crimes pale in comparison to Shrub's!!

While I'm not directly suggesting a prision term, I feel it should at least be a public airing of all the shenanigans, lies and crimes committed since 20 January, 2001.

Of course, the first crime was committed in November, 2000. That's the tragedy of where we find ourelves today. The election was hi-jacked....and the beginning of the shredding of the Constitution began.

Greedy robber-barons of the 1920s are back in vogue, it would seem.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Good points Rabbitchaser & Dr. Love!

Although I am certainly cheering on Olberman in this rant, solely because nobody else in the MSM has the balls to say these things on camera, I agree that there are HUGE stories out there that could change the stance of this nation over night if any of these reporters grew the balls to go after them.

The Pentagon Pundit Program TOTAL black-out by ALL of these MSM outlets shows how truly corrupted all of these networks are, including MSNBC.

I guess it just feels like a pleasant suprise to hear ANYONE saying ANYTHING about how truly F-ed we are under these tyrants, than to hear nothing at all--Which seems to be the status quo from our Corpomedia outlets.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Thats quite a rant.

I won't congratulate or applaud Olbermann for saying it because I'm not convinced its his words and I'm not convinced its not staged.

But I will congratulate and applaud the words, no matter who's they are. I think they're well put and I agree with them.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

NOM.....interesting take on it....hadn't considered whether Olberman's 'rants' as you call them are written by him alone or not.

It is billed as a 'Special Comment'. He does these occasionally. He did NOT take personal credit for the content. I realize there are always other writers who contribute, staffers to do research, etc. But, even though he did not claim to have written it, it ultimately must pass muster in his eyes before he will sit there and speak it on air...(live, BTW). AND, I would assume, the news division editors at MSNBC would also say...Yeah!! Go for it!!!

I'd guess it has his hand all over it firstmost, with polishing and embellishments along the way....but I could be completely mistaken!!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I come in to work at a very early hour, often groggy from a lack of sleep the night before. I heard Bush's golf comment and thought I had dreamed it up. I didn't think it could possibly be true.

And part of me still can't accept it's reality. Not that I don't believe he said it. Rather, I can't help but to think he just does not care anymore, and is just saying these things to screw with us at this point, especially when you take into consideration his comments that "talking is appeasement." I can just see him laughing his fool head off when the cameras aren't around.

That being said, Olbermann, however right he may be in his outrage, is no hero. It's easy to rail against a President with one of the lowest approval ratings ever. I will gladly eat my words if he still manages to find his outage when Obama is in the Oval Office.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Olberman rocks. And I figured Bush even was lying about giving up Golf, which it was nice to see Keith had the pics & date to offer too. I always thought most people in US realized politicians where bold-faced liars but apparently not fully, everyone just got comfortable with the idea and let the politicians go wild. This of course instead of that "boring" or "stupid" alternative of actually paying attention, reading, and doing your own research into the little subject like the state of your nation...

I mean seriously, everyone says "How could anyone have voted for him?!" How about we start saying "Why was the election so damn close and how do we not repeat that?" Think about if just 1million more voters turned out for Gore or Kerry, we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now. Divide that into 50 states (not counting the commonwealths even) that's about 20,000 more voters in each state. About the same amount of people that go to a major sporting event...so now what was the good excuse for not voting at all(let alone for someone other then Bush)?

We hear this excuse all the time as well; "what is my one vote going to matter?" Well obviously a non-cast vote spoke loud and clear as to what direction we wanted to go as a nation in 2000 & 2004 didn't it? So all 1 million plus of you out there who think like that, we could have used you 8 & 4 years ago and we really need you now...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join