It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a Mystic be Deceived?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Have you ever heard the one about the colour-blind mystic?..

From what I gather, those who seek to ascend to a higher plane achieve this by looking down on everyone else. I presume the path to nirvana is pretty steep.

It's funny how the voices they hear always tell the truth. They seem to have a lot to say about Christ and the Bible. Funny that, isn't it...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I don't believe they "look" down on people. The"voices" that they hear are not their own. It is the word of GOD. You can't go wrong there.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Um paused.
I really must say this is a really rather offensive thread.
It should be noted that your doing the same thing certain atheists do to your own belief system.

I'm sorry and I hate to sound harsh, but WAY bad form man, you let me down here.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
From what I gather, those who seek to ascend to a higher plane achieve this by looking down on everyone else. I presume the path to nirvana is pretty steep.

Actually, the typical path to nirvana is paved by a person's love and therefore pity for the rest of humanity. I can see how this may sound egotistical, but no more than any other religion.

Its good to challenge thought, but your presumptions can be your end.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Bah, i was hoping you were going to post something about false visions.

I assume you're talking about the Orthodox Christian Mystics, so i have a lone question to ask of you;

Do you not think that if God exists, then God possesses the 'signature' to his messages that allows his followers to recognise his 'words'?

It is said the Devil's words lead one to degredation and immorality, whereas God's is always a message of guidance.

Of course, i wouldn't know too much about that - i'm not a mystic.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

I am not here to seek popularity. When I read how mystics claim to be in contact with spirits who decry the Christian faith I would rather call a spade a spade. Especially when they use phrases like 'Christian' mystic.

I posed the question 'Can a mystic be deceived?' I am speaking of the inherent dangers, not writing people off. Wraoth, I'm a bit disappointed you didn't pick up the difference.

reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Do you not think that if God exists, then God possesses the 'signature' to his messages that allows his followers to recognise his 'words'?

Yes, precisely. God told Moses that a true prophet would foretell the future and it would always come to pass exactly as said/written. Any 'prophet' whose pronouncement proved false was to be put to death, so God's true path would always be crystal clear. The pronouncements always had to be consistent with what had previously been written as well. That is why we have the Bible.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I wasn't implying that you were here for a popularity contest. I was merely expressing my dismay at that you would make such an attack as this. There is are those that say your own belief system is being decieved and how well do you enjoy such conversations?

Yet you say this paused:

It's funny how the voices they hear always tell the truth. They seem to have a lot to say about Christ and the Bible. Funny that, isn't it...

Which is chock FULL of blanket generalizations.
Which while not the same blanket generalizations your own faith gets attacked with so often, they ARE blanket generalizations. And are meant in a nasty spirit.

Mysticism (from the Greek μυστικός – mystikos- 'seeing with the eyes closed, an initiate of the Eleusinian Mysteries; μυστήρια – mysteria meaning "initiation"[1]) is the pursuit of achieving communion, identity with, or conscious awareness of ultimate reality, the Other, divinity, spiritual truth, or God through direct experience, intuition, or insight.

Source: Mysticism @ wikipedia.com
And I really recommend you read the above link.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

...Which is chock FULL of blanket generalizations.

You are right. I concede this point and admit my mistake. I should have been far more specific both in the title and in the OP.

I have been in conversation with mystics on this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
All the quotes below come from their contributions there.

At first the only identifiers were 'mystic' or 'ancient mystic'. They have now identified themselves as 'Solist Mystics and spiritual mediums'.

This is the kind of thing they are promoting:

...Spiritual growth and the lack of it can be determined by the Dominant Aura Color (DAC) of the individual. The reason for this is because, as with the physical spectrum of color, the closest color to white (being the highest) is not violet or yellow, but sky blue

Going up in vibration from the first plane to the seventh plane, the DAC's are as follows: Brown, Red, Orange, Yellow, Violet, Sky Blue, and White.

...The energies of Christianity which continue to weaken, and which you [note from P4T: i.e. me] and others channel and cling to, are generally in the yellow category of discarnate energies. The Mid Realms.

...The energies of discarnate Saints are of the sky blue and white energies. The Higher Realms.

...if their energies were sky blue or white, then I could state with a reasonable degree of certainty that Jesus must be at least a lesser god.

But that is not what the discarnate Saints on the sixth and seventh planes espouse at all

...Next time you think you are in contact with your "god," close your eyes and try to see or sense the color of the energies you are channeling.

Followed by various other statements relating to hearing voices:

The discarnate Saints, where I came from, say I am doing an outstanding job.

and evidence of... well I'm not going to say it - people can come to their own conclusions:

We have developed a high degree of spiritual purity, beyond even that of the Saints on the seventh plane that we channel.

They are adamant they are communicating with spiritual entities, and I'm not questioning their integrity on this matter. I'm just posing the questions: What entities? Are they trustworthy? How come the spirits in question denigrate the Bible?

reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

i was hoping you were going to post something about false visions.

Sorry. That would be on topic, though. Feel free. Whether or not you wish to add something you have personally come across, I'll look into this as well.

The keynote is deception.

reply to post by SantaClaus

Actually, the typical path to nirvana is paved by a person's love and therefore pity for the rest of humanity. I can see how this may sound egotistical, but no more than any other religion.

Are you perhaps speaking of something that differs from the approach I have been encountering? I'll be doing some research myself, but perhaps you have some first-hand knowledge - would you care to expand?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Being a mystic I find the OP both intollerant, quite offensive and rather naive. Mystics deals with the secret teachings of the holy books, the very foundation behind them. It has nothing to do with Nirvana, that's a different religion. The mystic teachings of Judaism is Kabbalism. It defines language and wisdom, explains creation and God's nature. The tradition of Kabbalah is probably older than the Torah and reach back to Adam and even God some say, connecting it with the ever mysterious Spark of Heaven, the book that brought the light to the eyes of Adam and Eve so they could see. It's the fruit of our path to salvation.

join