It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My PS3 is Broken!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Purchased the 80 gig $600 Playstation 3...The basic DVDs and PS2 games still work...but blu-rays and PS3 games freeze about 10 minutes into me playing them...does anyone else have this problem???

I know there is a warrenty and they will fix it blah blah blah but that means I gotta send it off and it will take 10 weeks to get it back.

ANY ADVICE??????

mod edit: removed all caps title.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by UK Wizard]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy05

How long have you had it? If you suspect that it is malfunctioning, you might try returning it to the store where you bought it for a refund or an exchange. They probably won't accept it if you've had it more than a few days, or perhaps a week or two, but otherwise, its worth a shot.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Advice, yeah, go out and have some fun instead. How many hours sat in front of the "goggle-box" can you waste before becoming a vegetable?

Sorry, had to say it!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Going outside is so 20th century. Get with the times, man. Deny sunlight.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Buy a 360! HAHAHAHA.

This is not a one line post.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
360 ain't got nothin, NOTHIN I say, on the PS3 ... when it acts right that is

My PS3 has been freezing up lately too, never used to and I have had it since they were released. I have no idea what is going on, it isn't too often but here n there and just enough to anger me during gameplay :shk:

I have a 360 too, and a Wii
but play the PS more

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Your PS3 Killed itself because it could easily tell that it was inferior to the 360' awsomness!

Altough, i'm sure PS3's don't die a month or two after purchase..

Well, this is my advice.. Go send in your worthless PS3 (haha), and go outside as someone else said up top.. Though I would never follow my own advice, i'm not afraid to give it.

Soldier up kid! Play with your Tonka truck for a few weeks, you'll be okay!

Cheers mate!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Well Im pretty sure me and my PC pwn all

Try and beat that console owners... better games, higher res textures, better control scheme... ahhhhhhh XD

ahem.... back on topic..... that happened to my mate actualy, maybe its the ps3 over heating itself.... I wouldnt be supprised if one or two didnt get the heatsinks and fans connected properly or something like that.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

Don't forget about your process lag, super glitches, and viruses..
Ohh.. Smack in the face!
GAMEBOY RULES ALL!

top topics

join