It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIV-positive man sentenced 35 years for spitting at officer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I can think of two people offhand who got AIDS through casual contact that was in the news. Kimberly Bergallis (not sure how to spell the last name) was one who got it from her dentist. What could a dentist do that would spread this?

Then there was an article in the Roanoke Times back when I was still a teenager talking about a girl who'd been diagnosed with it, although she had never had sex (she was a little girl about 7 or so), no drug usage, none of her relatives had it, etc. They had no idea how she contracted the disease. I checked the paper for updates, but never saw any.

Now, these are just two cases. How many other cases are there?

An online acquaintance from years ago had been diagnosed with HIV. He had it for something like 12-14 years when I met him. He decided not to take any of the HIV drugs and take vitamins instead. He got healthy instead of getting full blown AIDS. He had a website set up where he questioned whether or not HIV really caused AIDS and he got hounded by the government. At one point the government even cut off his veterans benefits. His website received numerous hits from government agencies like health administrations and others every day. He had posted medical stuff where drs had questioned the HIV causes AIDS status quo that really hasn't been explained or proven. The government said that was what it was and people accepted it as fact. The website pointed out that numerous people had all of the symptoms of AIDS with the exception of testing positive for HIV via medical records of some drs who didn't believe HIV causes AIDS but were attacked by the government for their beliefs. Their theory was that HIV was just a virus like other viruses out there that someone with AIDS ends up catching because their immune system is weak. They also speculated that the government knew the real reason for AIDS, but that to tell the public would mess up the status quo of receiving millions and millions of dollars in tax payer money and having to admit to the fraud. These were medical drs saying this. His website ended up being attacked and is no longer there. My acquaintance was harassed by the government last I heard from him, and he's disappeared. Haven't heard from him in years.

These drs also said something about no one being allowed to research for the real cause of AIDS since that one person said it was HIV with no evidence or proof because the government won't allow the status quo to be questioned.

I don't know if what these people said are true or not, but I was pretty suspicious. Why would the government target these people? But I haven't been interested in keeping up with that now. I haven't been able to locate him in several years now and I can't do anything about it anyway.

As for the case in this thread, this guy needs to be locked up in an isolated cell away from the other inmates and kept there to keep from endangering other inmates. Just give him food and water ever so often and leave him there.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Thank you for this post. I will remember what you have said and keep it with me.

That is scary getting HIV from the dentist. Yeah, I wonder about these kids that get it too.

I think you can get it from drinking out of water fountains. Maybe, this is where she got it from school water fountains. Since my kids started school back in the 90's I have given them their own drinks and begged them not too drink out of water fountains. I have tried to explain to them how dirty they really are.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Tbh it would be a classic government coverup to prevent panic.

Denying that HIV can be transmitted though casual contact, that is.

Knowledge that the virus could (hypothetically) be transmitted so casually would result in a witchhunt and quarantine of those infected with the virus.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Tbh it would be a classic government coverup to prevent panic.

Denying that HIV can be transmitted though casual contact, that is.

Knowledge that the virus could (hypothetically) be transmitted so casually would result in a witchhunt and quarantine of those infected with the virus.

And that is they way it should be. quarantine those infected with the virus. This should have been like this from the beginning. Just like they did the leprosy disease. (a tropical disease that mainly affects the skin and nerves, and can cause tissue change. Leprosy is transmitted following close personal contact and has a long incubation period (1–30 years). It can now be cured if treated with a combination of drugs.) Back over 2000 years ago. I know we are well past 2000 years. But, HIV and AIDS is a serious disease and if it can be contacted through casual contact than they need to be quarantine.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
There's definitely a coverup of the HIV in this country and in the world in general. I remember last year reading about some new "Super HIV" that several people had come down with in a relatively short period of time which had progressed from HIV infection to full blown AIDS (Somewhere Dug Out Doug cracks a smile for the free advertisement) in a metter of several months rather than the standard 8-10+ year incubation cycle seen in "normal" HIV. Then, as quickly as this was reported on, it disappeared and I've seen nothing about it since. I'd be interested in knowing what they found because the doctors interviewed in the articles I read indicated that this was a very serious development and indicated the virus had mutated significantly. What they never tell the public is how many generations of mutation they believe the virus could be from being able to survive outside the human body's temperature range and, in the process, potentially becoming an airborne virus. If it ever made that mutation, I'd have to think the officials would keep completely quiet on it until people started dying right and left or until they had developed a vaccine.

As for the criminal in this story, he should be locked up for the rest of his life. If the story is true and he actually spat at the cop and then proclaimed he had AIDS, then I commend the officer for not beating the man to death. That crap isn't even on the same level as shooting someone because, in essence, you're not just trying to issue your death to the officer, but also to his wife, or his girlfriend, or anyone else he happens to have relations with... not to mention the problems it raises if he ever gets injured while on duty and his partner or other responder needs to give emergency field treatment to him. Honestly if someone spit on me and then said they had AIDS and were trying to give it to me, I'm not sure I could keep from simply pulling my ppd and shooting them.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

I agree in principle.

But in practice it would be unworkable since it requires people to self identify as infected, which they would be unwilling to do if they lost their lives and had to be quarantined.

I suppose some massive blood testing program could take place- but at significant cost.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
AIDS was made in laboratories. So it's possible that a new strain was created because the first one wasn't bad enough. I mean, people got to be killed faster than that! Sarcasm of course.

And yes, I'm sure AIDS as known can't be contracted by saliva.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
AIDS was made in laboratories.

Some source more credible than rense for this, please.

And yes, I'm sure AIDS as known can't be contracted by saliva.

Based on what special knowledge? You're medical degree is from where? You're an AIDS researcher at what institution?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

you are SO wrong, AIDS can be contracted from ANY bodily fluid, its basic knowledge, learn your facts.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
44soulslayer

But in practice it would be unworkable since it requires people to self identify as infected, which they would be unwilling to do if they lost their lives and had to be quarantined.

Maybe as you know a lot of these people goes to doctors during this time is when they should be quarantined. I think they could have their own island where they can work, play, live etc… if their family members wants to go at their own risk then they should be allowed. But to leave them with the general population to spread it among everyone is wrong.

Vitchilo

AIDS was made in laboratories.

I agree with this completely. I believe they did this intentually to decrease our population. Or to just make more money for their pockets from all the drugs that people constantly have to take just to not feel pain on a scale of 10.

outrider

AIDS can be contracted from ANY bodily fluid, its basic knowledge, learn your facts.

See this is what I am talking about. You and some others say it can be contracted through ANY BODILY FLUID. The government is telling us, “No it cannot” so this is scary. Especially, since I have teenagers and they are now dating and I’m sure kissing. So would this mean if the little boy or girl has it then if my kids kiss them they could get it. This is scary!!!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
from the CDC:

You cannot get HIV:

* From sweat, spit, tears, clothes, drinking fountains, phones,
toilet seats, or through everyday things like sharing a meal.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I guess no one has the right answers on this.

Just as confusing as always. We have some saying you can catch through spit and others saying you cant.

I say if you can catch it through spit then that also means through kissing and taking a drink after some one including the water fountains out there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join