It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain predicts Iraq War over by 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

McCain predicts Iraq War over by 2013

www.cnn.com

COLUMBUS, Ohio (CNN) -- Sen. John McCain envisions that by 2013, the Iraq War will be won but the threat from the Taliban in Afghanistan won't yet be eliminated, even though Osama bin Laden will have been captured or killed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This is absolutely ridiculous! On what pretense does this fruit-cake draw from when making such a bold statement? A statement that is so absurd, considering all the other failed promises on Iraq.

What peeves me off the most is that his projection falls into a re-election year, just in case he needs to use the same story-line to get re-elected. Are there people out that that will take stock in this erroneous statement? Sadly, yes.

"By January 2013, America has welcomed home most of the servicemen and women who have sacrificed terribly so that America might be secure in her freedom.

"The Iraq War has been won. Iraq is a functioning democracy, although still suffering from the lingering effects of decades of tyranny and centuries of sectarian tension," McCain said.

Is this guy a prognosticator?

He also believes that in 2013, there still will not have been a "major terrorist attack in the United States since September 11, 2001."

I tell you what, I'll hold him to this one.

Seriously, McCain, all I ask is on what basis do you draw these conclusions?

AAC

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
On what pretense does this fruit-cake draw from when making such a bold statement?

From the same pretense that Obama and Clinton draw from when they claim that they will immediately start bringing the troops home and the war will end within weeks/months of them taking over as POTUS.

Everyone running for office says what they think they need to in order to get elected.

Hillary. Obama. McCain. It's all the same.

BTW .. I heard the speech. I wasn't impressed at all.
It almost felt like (to me anyways) that McCain didn't believe his own speech.
It sounded tired. He sounded tired and distracted.

[edit on 5/15/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Oh .... and I almost forgot ... the world is slated to end in 2012 anyways, so his speech that the Iraq war will be done by 2013 probably IS true!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Atleast hes not lieing like most politicians

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That's true. I guess this is the last election that really *counts*.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Hey at least is "sounds" good. Perhaps 2013 is when McCain predicts either the American people won't have enough money to pay their full share of taxes, or China will sell it's remaining dollars to collapse the economy, or the world runs out of oil.

I'm sure he's telling the truth. By 2013 someone will have figured out how to build a nuke without raising the eyebrows of the "world powers." Or maybe by that time, the US will have to withdraw and bring the troops home to combat the ever larger food riots. Since it's an arbitrary number, my logic is that we can use arbitrary guesses to satisfy the statement.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This sort of statement coming from McCain is no surprise, to me at least.

I can't see electing somebody for president who "sees" the war in Iraq lasting until 2013 when it's only 2008! Why does he think the "war" will take 5 more years! Obviously he has NO "exit plans", JUST LIKE BUSH!

I also can't see electing him president, especially when he makes comments like these, knowing he is heavily invested in the military industry!

I can't see voting for a president who is heavily invested in the military industry period! Makes me feel AWFULLY uneasy.

More "confrontations" would = more money for the president. (if McCain becomes president)

That doesn't sit right with me!

[edit on 5/15/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well at the rate of killing over 1.2 millions Iraqis every 5 years and displacing over 2-3 millions more, maybe, but I think it would take longer than that. And if you go ``Bomb bomb Iran`` then maybe you could leave by 2150.

But eh, the US will be bankrupt by 2013, so why not... also add that the american forces are near the collapse, so unless there's a draft or you hire mercenaries and pay them with US infrastructures or US slaves... maybe.

Or you withdraw. Hard choice isn't it?

[edit on 15-5-2008 by Vitchilo]

top topics

join