It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Speech Before Israeli Parliament, Bush Compares Democrats To 'Nazi Appeasers'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Of the roughly 2,929 terrorism-related deaths around the world since the attacks on New York and Washington, the NBC News analysis shows 58 percent of them — 1,709 — have occurred this year.

If your friend/family died in these attacks, would you be quoting these inane stats?

Would you be urging "talks" with the murderers?

Or would you be killing as many of them as possible?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

War is the only form of Diplomacy?

Wow, another Republican through and through.
Well aren't you guys just coming out of the woodwork...

Honest to god, sometimes this place seems like it's been infiltrated by the CIA.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
www.politico.com...

Sen. Joe Biden, piling on to Democratic complaints about President Bush’s speech in Israel today:

“This is bullsh@t, this is malarkey. This is outrageous, for the president of the United States to go to a foreign country, to sit in the Knesset . . . and make this kind of ridiculous statement.”

In a separate statement, Sen. John Kerry said that Bush "is still playing the disgusting and dangerous political game Karl Rove perfected, which is insulting to every American and disrespectful to our ally Israel. George Bush should be making Israel secure, not slandering Barack Obama from the Knesset."

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
lol.

Well, technically the Democrats are like Nazi Appeasers... because so far they've been appeasing Bush.

It really is sad when the president of the United States, someone who is supposed to be a role model for his country, resorts to trying to invoke fascism through name calling during his speeches.

The next President need only say "Torture will never be used in this country again." and he will be a better president within the first 10 minutes, than bush has been for any of his 8 years.

By the way... does anyone here remember what fascism is, or is it just a word that gets thrown around nowadays?

Look it up... you're living in it.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well Bush is an inside man and truly does know what is really going on. Now I hope I am not hated for saying this. But the democrats is not all innocent here. If you think really hard about it. You would realize that 9-11 was planned during the Clinton administration and in my opinion they helped with the planning. This was all due so they can put in affect the laws they have done today.

Bush is not innocent I understand this but neither was the Clintons and I fear for my country when the democrats does get back in because I feel they will finish off what they started.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

lol, I almost said that in my initial statement. Pelosi and the house are indeed nazi appeasists. So technically I am agreeing with the dictator-decider on this issue. But we know in his delusional Alice-in-Wonderland Bubble world, he believes the fairy tales he's squirting out.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This has to be the most useless thread on ATS in a while. Or at the very least, the last few hours.

So far, I've learned that:

Bush is a mindless simpleton.
Democrats are Nazi appeasers.
Democrats are terrorist appeasers.
Conservatives have no friends, because everyone just wants their stuff.
Republicans are mindless, unthinking idiots.
You're a CIA plant if you agree with some aspects of the war on terror.
The United States is a lot like Nazi Germany

I'm sure there's more goodness in here as well.

Not that any of this is ever explained, mind you, its just so self-evident that it needs no explanation.

Sigh...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The regular use of Hitler to characterize American citizens in an anniversary speech to Israel is just wrong. He just basically said that America is full of Nazi sympathizers. And if Barack Obama gets elected president, then what? He's going to call for the genocide of Israel? Kill every Jew in New York and Los Angeles?

This guy is nuts, I wouldn't be surprised if he had some sort of degenerative disease that makes him an evil, stupid bastard....But I'm afraid he's just an evil stupid bastard without the excuse.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
To watch the American people sway back and forth like wheat in a field on a breezy day sickens me. Right after 911 we decided to go into Iraq. I say we because congress and the senate voted overwhelmingly to do so. Bush made his speech about going after anyone who harbored or assisted terrorists and he had one of the highest popularity ratings in the history of the presidency. But now that the war has drug on long enough that we are not 'comfortable' with it anymore his ratings go to the lowest in history. Do you know what the word fickle means? Read my signature. What does it say? The entire population of the country; the world for that matter, are being played like a fiddle. The little black box in front of us speaks and we mindlessly listen. Do you think it’s a coincidence that WE develop a huge war in the Middle East and oil prices go through the roof? Oh, lets blame OPEC everybody hates the Middle East right now. It would be interesting to investigate our senators and congressmen back water investments right now. I bet you couldn't find one that doesn't have a large investment in oil, including your beloved Barack, the Clintons and obviously Bush and Cheney. For the rest of us that would be called insider trading and we'd go to prison for it like Martha Stewart.

What really makes me angry, however, is the way that we don't seem to be able to think for ourselves and that whatever the media says is a bad thing today seems to magically become the big number in the polls. Until we can stand up and say "NO", we deserve what we're getting.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf37

I agree right after 9 11 everyone was on board for the war. Congress even voted for it. They knew what was going on. Now because it seems poplar to go against it then that is what they are doing.

Sheep people are really sheep. I think its sad that no one thinks for themselves and sees the bigger picture all they can do is listen to the news which lies to them and keeps the truth from them.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
LOL...Oped news just put up this entry related to this...Sounds like what most of us (save for the few brainwashed) are thinking...

I agree with Bush...Stop appeasing the Terrorists!

But who is really appeasing who?

It is Congress that is trying to appease the terrorists in the White House. After the 9/11 false flag attack, and the attack on Congress with U.S. military anthrax, and the attack on liberty and privacy, and the attack on the U.S. economy, Congress has done nothing but role over and play dead.

Instead of doing something to stop the terrorists in the White House, to stop their terrorist plans, to de-fund terrorist operations, to impeach the terrorists and try them for war crimes, Congress members and senators just make long speeches, hold endless "investigations", and write letters begging for the terrorists to consider talking to them.

The real terrorists are the anti-Americans who pulled a Reichstag-fire on 9/11 and the anthrax attacks soon after, who lied us into Iraq and are trying to lie us into Iran, who instituted torture policies which fly in the face of human rights and the safety of our military personnel, who authorized spying on all Americans and have stomped on our freedoms and privacies, and who have used the old trick of whipping the populace into a state of fear by exaggerating the danger from our supposed enemies (isn't that the very definition of terrorism?)

I agree with Bush . . . stop appeasing the terrorists!

Full Article:
www.opednews.com...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by djerwulfe
Any time people refuse to take up arms against others who violate agreed upon social norms of the original pacifist group in question, they can be compared to Nazi appeasers.

Lots of people who didn't support slavery during the American Civil War were against the war. You could argue that those people were in effect pro-slavery.

And yes GW is a fool. He makes us look, well, just about as stupid as we are collectively. Just turn of the TV. Considering the target demographic of 99% of programming as any indicator of mass interest and concern, we collectively make GW look like a genius.

if you look at the nielsen ratings for T.V., 70% of the entire nation barely watch any T.V., that hardly makes a "mass" following of the people

[edit on 15-5-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Quasi concentration camp - ok. Run by Israeli - nope. And for a long time. Actually when it was run by Israeli with oppressors daily on streets and all this sad stuff - it was not sealed. People could move in or out , with restrictions and some times having to endure humiliating searches. But it was not sealed. Even when there was no Israeli control over Gaza but PLO's - no such problems. Enters Hamas......
I think that if you check in google map you will see that area from which Jewish settlements were removed - is empty. Why Palestinians do not move out from their overcrowded cities/villages? Because Hamas does not let them.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Why do you think they are supporting Bush? Could it be because they want this just as bad and even had some planning in it. Their not innocent!!!!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

ABSOLUTELY!

Check out my thread on "War Profits stain the greedy hands of 25% of the U.S. house and Senate".

This ENTIRE gov, on BOTH sides, is dirty and corrupt beyond belief. It's like a giant cesspool of profiteering off the deaths of peons.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

By the way... does anyone here remember what fascism is, or is it just a word that gets thrown around nowadays?

Look it up... you're living in it.

fascism-----dictatorial movement: any movement, tendency, or ideology that favors dictatorial government, centralized control of private enterprise, repression of all opposition, and extreme nationalism.

I been saying this since the early 90's. I know its weird but at the time in the state i lived in they made a couple of laws that was upsetting to me.

Now one law they made was no out side drinking even on your own lawn, porch, by your car talking to neighbor whatever. Now I don't drink. But I found this too be wrong and controlling. People enjoys a beer with a picnic or gathering.

Then they made it law to use a seat belt or you will get a ticket. I knew right then and there we were no longer free. I can understand your kids but when your above childhood age it should be your decision to buckle up or not. During these new laws in my state a democrat was the governor and mayor at the time.

Very controlling people is what I said. That was back in 1991. Now it’s only gotten worse. Its went from my state and little things to the country and big things.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by Shar]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I liked Biden's response, he didn't pull any punches

Obama's (who I'm voting for) was disappointingly mild, but he's in election mode and trying not to offend I guess

And again in here, we get the rightwing holdouts backing up any fool thing this man says and calling anyone who disagrees "anti-American"

Get it through your head - we're not "anti-American"...
We love America, it's you we hate.
And we hate you because of what you're doing to America.

Because we've had almost eight years of Bush/Hannity/Limbaugh/Coulter type morons running this country, and we're sick of it. We're sick of a foreign policy that would embarrass an 11yo schoolyard tough guy. We're sick of being lied to and then getting called traitors when we uncover the lies. We're sick of seeing our Republic undermined to build an Empire.

And sooner or later, we Americans who still remember what this country is supposed to stand for are going to make you SOB's pay for what you've done to this country.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
And in the ever-embarrassing Dog and Pony show, 3 ring circus atmosphere that is our gov, the "appeasers" to this admin respond, with their "fearsome" rebuttals! lol

Just one question:

The Oval office STILL HAS DIGNITY?!?

Lawmakers Respond To Bush: ‘Bullsh*t’ And ‘Malarkey’ That Is ‘Beneath The Dignity’ Of The Oval Office

In strong terms today, Sen. Joe Biden (D-DE), the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, criticized President Bush’s remarks to the Israeli parliament that Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) and Democrats favor a policy of appeasement toward terrorists. Biden said it was “bullsh*t” and “malarkey” for the president of the United States to go to a foreign country “and make this kind of ridiculous statement.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) directed sharp words towards the president as well, saying that Bush’s comments were “‘beneath the dignity of the office of the president and unworthy of our representation” at the celebration of Israel’s 60th anniversary.

Full Article:
thinkprogress.org...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

You I really don't understand the continued disgust at the use of torture on terror suspects. The traditional method of questioning used by police forces would simply not work on fanatics who that the authorities' hands are tied behind their backs by legislation. Would you not agree that if a suspect gave information whilst being tortured that prevented one of your loved ones being killed that it is a nesessary 'evil'?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

True:

Prescott Bush was a MAJOR Nazi financier. Kind of hypocritical of his grandson to make those statements while mr Prescott Bush was highly involved.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join