It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long has 2012 been known about

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by welsh alien
I would of thought that 2012 was known about when the mayans made their calender

Well, considering that they didn't use the Christian era calendar - not to mention their disappearance from the, ehm, "public arena", many centuries ago - I am glad you did NOT.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Am so going to get flamed for this reply.. (i think most avoid replying altogether
)

Anyway i known about 2012 since i was 14 i think. At the time obviously i didn't think much of it. It was my over active imagination as i thought (well dream actually). As far as i remember it, it started around october 2012. But the funny thing is, ive never forgotten it and this was 8 years ago. The only other dream i remember that far back is my own fantasy lol

I don't expect anyone to believe it but only posting cause i really don't want to revise lol. This topic is far too open to conclude anything.

PS: im 22 now, older but more wiser i think or maybe more insane lol

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by coldhand

So, let's recapitulate: you've known about "2012" since the year 2000 (eight years ago).
And at that time you had a dream involving something that started happening in October 2012... But you did not tell WHAT was that started happening.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
From my perspective time happens in cycles or waves. So 2012 already happened, and it's about to happen again which makes it not so hard for me to believe that an ancient civilization knew about it.

Generally at the beginning of the new cycles there's peace on earth and everyone is happy... then things start to go all wrong which isn't anyone's fault, it's just how it works. Going out of balance and then back into balance again.

Time overlaps constantly, it's the perceptions which change. That part is up to us.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Hi Vanitas, i can't really tell you much (doesn't help my position right now does it?). All i do remember is that it was more of a feeling that it was october (there was no direct communication of the month). I woke up with a small panic attack (dunno if you guys call breathing extremely heavily all of a sudden when you wake up called a panic attack?) cause it was that vivid to me back then. From what i do remember now is that few people were left standing (including me - no other family members and i vaguely remember another maybe 9-10 year old kid) looking at what was pretty much as rubbles (something that looks like where the buildin collapsed). We (me an the younger kid) just looked shocked at what we were seeing. The dream was a bit odd, i think what actually happened in the dream we had just come out of some building that protected us or something (but this is the bit in the dream i didnt see - not sure if that made any sense). I don't know what country or where the place was either but it didn't look like anywhere i've been before even to date.

And yeah i don't know if it was some kind of major war between countries or aliens or anything alike. But i do remember the sky a maroon colour. I seen this before during summer times when the sun starts to set but the clouds (due to dispersion of light rays in the water molecules) makes this maroon colour effect. Except this time it was extremely thick in the dream.

The dream was really short - like a 15 second clip but hell it felt a lot longer then that i'm sure, i even tried going back to the dream-state (like when you wake up and want to go back to sleep to see what happened in the dream).

[edit on 20-5-2008 by coldhand]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

You are in no (compromised, if that's what you mean) »position« as far as I am concerned.

It's an interesting dream.
And – I may be wrong, of course – considering the fact that the year you dreamt about it was 2000, another »pivotal« year, it is possible that there was an unusual lot of talk around you about »2012«. (In fact, you said yourself that was the time when you learned about it.)

It is quite possible that you associated the year 2012 with a sense of foreboding on a more personal basis. In other words: it is possible that it came to symbolise a (personal or global) future to be afraid of.

Has October – not 2012, ANY year - any special meaning for you?
(Gawd, I hear myself turning into a John Edward – or Sylvia...!
)

Think about it.

And, of course, there always is the possibility that you had a genuine glimpse into what we call the future.

I just don't want you to discard any other, more mundane (but no less »special«!) explanations as yet.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by survivor

"Modernday culture" has known of the 2012 date more fully since the advent of the computer. However all you have to do is research classic jewelery styles of the 60/70s to know that the mayan calander was big even back then. There are also statements about 2012 in media projects as far back as that however by the nature of media they need to stick to curent topics.

The 2012 date has been know far longer then the false "Y2K" scare and longer then the 1999 misunderstood nostradamus quartrain or Prince song.

However it's only reciently that other parts of the fuller picture of 2012 have been coming into view of lately. The World political climate is taking on a shockingly exact inturpetation of the Nostradamus's quatrains as seen in "The Man who saw tomorrow" documentary from the mid 80s, but in that documentary they based the time frame around the 1999 date. However in persprspective we're not that far off the turn of the century.

Also it was only last year or so that there was an exchange of Popes introducing the last Pope of the Pope Prophecy by Saint M. Strangely enough this Prophecy took place so long ago that the number of popes 111 numbered associated with and UNKNOWN avrage life spand of the popes was like a random number generator, but strangely enough it has aligned with 2012.

There are many other aspects also.

So the quick answer to your question is the date of 2012 has been known for hundreds of years clearly and thousands argumentitivly, but only reciently has it been made more clear with the association of several other aspects on a global level.

Have a happy end of the world.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

There was a reason why i didn't think much of it at the time. It was simply cause it was 2012! For me at that age (even now actually) is still a very far away. As far as i was concerned, over active imagination and that was it. 2000, as we know it now; yes a pivotal point but at that age? i really don't remember thinking much, i was 14. At 14, in my own opinion, i didn't really care what happened to the world (damn that sounds bad doesn't it lol).

The october itself as a month, doesn't mean a single thing to me. Theres nobody i know with any birthdays, anniversaries of such or anything.

- will reply tomorrow eve, need some shut eye an get more revision done :/

[edit on 20-5-2008 by coldhand]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Oh, I didn't mean "pivotal" for you (in fact, I don't consider it pivotal at all, hence the quotation marks). I meant for other people: you know, all those scaremongers who had so much to say about the "millenium bug" etc.?

Anyway, it was interesting.
And, as I said, it is quite possible that it was a genuine precognitive moment.
Or not.

I guess time will tell...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
From my perspective time happens in cycles or waves. So 2012 already happened, and it's about to happen again which makes it not so hard for me to believe that an ancient civilization knew about it.

SNIP

Time overlaps constantly, it's the perceptions which change. That part is up to us.

That's very, very interesting, Kruel.
(You get a star for that thought. Keep it up, and one day you'll have a constellation of your own...
)

And I definitely agree with your last statement.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I have been doing some research on my own bookshelves and I found the book the Mayan Prophecies from Gilbert and Cotterel was first published in 1995. In this book it is explicitly mentioned that the Mayan calender ends at 22 decmber 2012.

Further more it is mentioned that some French investigator (Brasseur) in 1838 was able to translate the Mayan codices for the first time so he could understand how the Mayan calender worked. (they compare his work to that of Champolion, who was the first to decipher egytian hieroglyphs whe Rosetta's stone was found.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
ok this has me a little worried now that something big may happen, but my intuition keeps telling me not to worry, life will still go on.

I suppose the only sensible thing to do is go with flow and wait and see.

thanks for the post leapoffaith

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by welsh alien
I would of thought that 2012 was known about when the mayans made their calender

hmm theres always one isn't there

*slaps welsh alien across the chops with a wet mackerel*

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join