It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Park - Best Episodes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
After a quick skim thru, i notied there was no South Park Thread... so here it is...

I am assuming that everyone had heard of South Park by now, ive watched it forever, since the first season when i was still in middle school, i used to sneak of my room at 11 PM to watch it... without my parents knowing...

Here is a website that lets you watch SP episodes for Free.

Jut info i thought you should know.

Heres my list of some of the best episodes...

Scott Tenermon Must Die: Season 5, episode 1
Rainforest Shmainforest: Season 3 Epsisode 1
Major Boobage: Season 12 Espisode 3
Osama Bin Laden has Farty Pants: Season 5 Espisode 9
Cartman Gets and Annal Probe: Season 1 episode 1

I could watch any of these 5 an infinate Number of times.

Though, over the past few seasons i have thought that SP has started to get a little bit Lame, and overdone, but Major Boobage has reafirmed my beleif in the series.

Just wanted to get some South Park Episodes... they are the best thing on TV... a deep and thoughtful TV series... SP is realy a gem on TV...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Good question...

I've never watched SP religiously... however I catch it from time to time.

One of my favs was, the "Tom Cruise wont come out of the closet".

Absolutely hilarious....

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Yes, the show has taken many shots at Scientology.

I belive that 'Come out of the Closet' episode, is what drove Issic 'Cheif' Hayes away from the show.

Issic Hayes is a Scientologist, and warned them not to keep making fun of scientology, they did, so he quit, becuase he quit, SP then made an entire episode making fun of Issic Hayes... Seaosn 10, episode 1, the bring Cheif back using his old lines, and make him say some of the nastiest things... pure guenis.

I honestly over the Years have seen every single episode...

They fall into several distinct catagories:

1. personal Attack on a single perosn. This is where they take the entire episode just to burn one person... Jenifer Lopez, Britney Spears, Rosie O'donald, or Bill Beilicheck, an episode that just burns on a single person

2. Attack on a 'belif'. This is an attack on Morons, or Scientology, or what not...

3. Homage episodes... An episode that pays homage to something, like Major Boobage is a Homage to 'Hevay Metal'

4. Current Satire. Sometmes SP takes a revelent issue, like an election, and puts a satirical spin on it, like in the 'Turd sandwhich vs a Gaint Duche'

5 Celebration episodes. These are ussaly Christmas episodes, halloween, or sometime easter speacials.

6. Just funny episode, these episodes dont have a great underlineing meaning, but are never the less still hilarious, episodes like ' Scott Tenerman Must Die!'

South Park is funny, and in the recent years, it has lost some luster, but every time i think SP is done, and they cant do anything else, they coime out with a Gem.

The last 2 seasons have been mostly bad, but there have been some HUGE gems, Major Boobage, and Imagnination Land have saved the last couple seasons.

I suggest watching Major Boobage... its an homage to the 1981 animated film, Heavy Metal... its great.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
OH, and I think Cartman singing is the best thing ever...

I've downloaded his version of "Sail AwaY"... I laugh every single time.

At a loca bar, there's a guy who does Karoke, can sing that song just like Cartman...... its great.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
the aforementioned Tom Cruise episode is hysterical as is the snuke episode. Another is the one where Cartman winds up with Sally Strouthers in Africa somewhere.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I love SP, mainly because each epi has atleast one real good laugh in it, if not, more.
One of my top epi's has to be saeson 8 epi 1, "Good times with weapons"
But thats only one, so many more favs too, it's a rare thing nowadays to get such a good series thats constantly original.

Thanks for the link, much appreciated.

Watching "Major boobage" for the first time now, and yeah it's hilarious...

[edit on 15-5-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yes, good times with weapons is TOP SHELF.

Anytime i watch that episode, i get that song stuck in my head for Days... the strange enghlish lyrics... ' Protect my Balls..... Lets fighting Love...'

Crakeur, the episode with Sally Struthers is 'Starvin Marvin in Space'

Your thinking of the one with the Marklars, and the Cristain Broadcasting Comany right, yes that episode is great too...

So many episodes are Great...

I hope you enjoy Major Boobage, chukkles, that episode is great... "Damm your Rockin' tits!"

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
south park sucks baulls and as cartman would say

Cartman: Kyle's mom is the one that started that damn club all because she's a big fat stupid bitch!

Kyle: Don't say it Cartman!

Cartman: WEEEEELLLLL

Kyle: Don't do it Cartman!

cartman: WEEELLLLLL

Kyle: I'm warning you!

Cartman: Ok ok

Kyle: I'm getting pretty sick of him calling my mom a bitch!

Cartman: WEEELL Kyle mom's a bitch she's a big fat bitch, she's the biggest bitch in the whole wide world she's a stupid bitch if there ever was a bitch, she's a bitch to all the boys and girls

Kyle: SHUT YOUR #ING MOUTH CARTMAN!

Cartman: On Monday she's a bitch, on Tuesday she's a bitch, on Wensday though Saturday she's a bitch, then on Sunday just to be different she's a super king kong mega-mega bitch!

Cartman: Have you ever met my friend Kyle's mom she's the biggest bitch in the whole wide world she's a mean old bitch and she has stupid hair she's a bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch she's a stupid bitch! Kyle's mom's a bitch and she's just a dirty bitch!

Cartman: Talk to kids around the world and it might go a little bit somethin' like this

(chinese kids)
(french kids)
(dutch kids)
(african kids)

Cartman: Have you ever met my friend Kyle's mom she's the biggest bitch in the whole wide world she's a mean old bitch and she has stupid hair, she's a bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch

(crowd:gasp)

Cartman: bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch she's stupid bitch

Stan: Uhh Cartman

Cartman: Kyle's mom's a bitch and she's just a dirty bitch!
I really mean it Kyle's mom
She's a big fat #ing bitch!
Big old fat #ing bitch!
Kyle's mom, yeah! chaaa!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Cartman gets an anal probe is definitely my favorite.... "The visitors!"

I also like the one where Grandpa tries to get "Billy" to kill him.."Hey Billy, wanna earn a dollar?"..."I'm not gonna kill you Grandpa..."

Scott Tennerman (just dark and twisted, what is up with the creators and cannibalism?) and Major Boobage are right up there...(you can tell they just watched Heavy Metal again...)

As a zombie afficianado, I love the zombie episode too...(I always knew Worchestershire sauce was evil)

The one where they dissed Chef was absolutely hysterical...(c'mon, how can you not poke fun at some of those beliefs...it's funny, you could tell they actually did their research on it...)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Here are four of my favs....
too hard to name my absolute favs.....but these are some funny episodes

Imagination land Pt 1,2 and 3.

Make love not warcraft

Go God, Go!

Night of the living homeless

[edit on 24/2/09 by blupblup]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The Ungroundable

I have been there. Oh god. The memories.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Casa Bonita

Scott Tennaman (of course)

South Park is gay

Imagination Land

really anything from seasons were 5-8.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
FYI, you can watch all SP episodes legally in high quality and with pretty fast loading time at southparkstudios.com . Its the official site and they even put the new episodes up pretty quickly. The only downside is that you have to sit through ads sometimes (I'm not sure of this but it seems to me some of the older episodes have no ads) - I just turn the sound down and read some ATS during the commercials !

Not being a shill here but I find that easier than digging through the 'illicit' sites, which are often really slow and have lots of dead links.

That being said, I love the show. Scott Tenorman must die is probably one of my favs; it has a great plot twist of sorts and it is just so sick and evil. Cartman Gets an Anal Probe is also a great one, along with the later episode that starts out the same. I can't remember the name but it turns out that Earth is just a reality show for aliens. There are definitely lots of crazy plots that would fit on ATS in the show. Like in The Snuke where the terrorists turn out to be "America's oldest enemy..." - the British!

And of course how could I forget Imaginationland? That was brilliant. I liked the Stargate reference and the political satire. The Pandemic two-part was also pretty good, but I didn't really get the Peruvian Flute thing. As for political episodes, the recent About Last Night, aired the very day after Obama's election, explicitly highlighted the way all politicians are just thieves , vying against each other public while working together behind the scenes to deceive the people.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by shipovfools]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I do think the take-offs on religions were among the best episodes with Scientology being the best, followed by the Mormon and Catholic spoofs. It is interesting the Mormon and Catholic episodes were done and aired with no problem, but the Scientology one had Tom Cruise upset and Isaak Hayes quit because he thought making fun of religion went to far for the show. He apparently did not care when the show made fun of the other ones.

The best recent episode was the Jonas Brothers one. I haven't been watching the show, but turned it on and saw that episode with Mickey Mouse as the president of Disney. Nobody f###s with the mouse!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I love south park, it's a kind of show that would never run out of ideas and quality. Because a lot of it is from overactive imagination, parodies based on real life daily events we see every day.

Loved seeing mickey mouse getting violent haha. When he walked in the room the first time I was expecting a man, but when I saw mickey, I could not stop laughing. Classic.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

That is actually based on stories of Walt Disney from the original workers. They said he had a violent temper, and several got fired when they were overheard cussing using Mickey's voice. That is where the saying "No body effs with the Mouse" got started.

I will try to find the show I saw the interview on as I can't remember it. I would bet South Park's creators saw it.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I will try to find the show I saw the interview on as I can't remember it. I would bet South Park's creators saw it.

Yeah I bet they did. I'm pretty sure from the episodes I've seen that they know about a lot of the stuff that's talked about on this site too.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

It is interesting the Mormon and Catholic episodes were done and aired with no problem, but the Scientology one had Tom Cruise upset and Isaak Hayes quit because he thought making fun of religion went to far for the show. He apparently did not care when the show made fun of the other ones.

the funny part is, the producers are former Mormons....(rent Orgazmo or Cannibal: The Musical, for some pretty interesting examples of their early work)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
My favourite is the Dog whisperer episode.

And also the Oprah Winfrey one. "Mingey!"

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I just saw the Dog whisperer episode a couple of days ago. Loved it!
One of my favorites.

I was also surprised at how quickly they assembled "About Last Night".
The election episode..Wasn't it out just a day or two after the election?
HERE COMES THE CHANGE!!!

You KNOW we're due for a Swine Flu episode soon.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by spacedoubt]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join