It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New "Ants ate my homework!!" excuse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Ecosystem strikes back or simply out blown issue?

They have ruined pumps at sewage pumping stations, fouled computers and at least one homeowner's gas meter, and caused fire alarms to malfunction. They have been spotted at NASA's Johnson Space Center and close to Hobby Airport, though they haven't caused any major problems there yet

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I do not know how "yellow" the source is, but i am glad that my PC is not in Houston.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Lol, when I lived in south Texas ants killed our air conditioner twice. Basicly water will somtimes bead up on some components and the ants go to harvest the water condensation. However the ants will cause an electrical arc because they are all over the electrical components and it fries the equipment. Outside of making the stuff air tight or encasing the electrical circuts in wax it will happen every so often.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yeah but i have ants infestation in my house. Since it is a result of my extensive fight with roaches - who are no longer there
- i prefer those guys. And they never mess with electric stuff - kitchen is enough for them. So when i saw this i kind of "stalled".

join