It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla Car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Hi
With gas prices near$4.00per gal. it's driving (pun intended) me insane.I drive 30,000miles per year,which put me at $5000per year.
The Tesla car www.teslamotors.com costs 2cents per mile to drive.This car is awsome www.jaylenosgarage.com...
Why can't someone make a cheap version of this car and put an end to all this big oil B.S.
sorry for the rant.
P.S.
Tesla is the MAN!!!!

[edit on 15-5-2008 by teraform]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Very simple, because Bush and his buddies are all tied in with the oil industry and that's where they make their money. Why would they allow such a car be made that would jeopardize their profit?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
One of the podcasts to which I listen discussed this car a few weeks ago. It was mentioned that they are supposed to have a $50,000 version in 2 years and a $30,000 version in 4 years. The current sportscar version is VERY expensive, but those that are buying it are funding the research for the cheaper cars that are due out soon.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
You would think with such a high demand for a car like this that Toyota or Kia could make this car for alot less with huge money to be made.

Iam tired of Bush and all these oil games.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
To me it seems all the candidates are always fishy. Why can't we get a president that isn't selfish? I guess it's a good thing cause even though i'm only 18, our past presidential failures have inspired me to think about Presidency. I'm not a big money hound, i take things as they are and i'm an honest guy (but if i wasn't who'd know, right?!) anyways, i hate it when someone with the proper authority has the ability to make human life possibly easier and completely disregard it for $$$. Like this for example, i'm positive, if things weren't so corrupt in our gov't that the tesla car would be here now as well as cures for tons of stuff (and the fact that some of these diseases that plague the earth wouldn't be here). Oh well, at least a fairly near projected date is set for some cheap car that's safe for everyone's wallets.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
man your moaning about $4 a gallon thats around about £2. At the moment we are paying about £5.60 a gallon which converted into dollars is over 10!! you got it easy man!! by the way i live in the UK, tesla car looks awesome mind

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I belive that the president is the front man,the man to be seen.Sure he wants things to go his way and he will make his money,It's the men pulling the puppet strings that need to change. Not untill they get every cent of course,I can only hope that a company or man like Tesla to come in change the way we drive and or live for that matter in a flick of a switch.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
There is an electric car made here in Canada, called the Zenn (www.zenncars.com), which is ironically only sold in the US, likely because our current CONservative government is heavily indebted to big corporations like GM, etc.

The current electric car can only go 25mph, but they plan to have a car that would be equivalent to a normal car by the end of next year. It will interesting to see if it will be allowed on the road.

And unlike the Tesla Car, the Zenn is actually affordable and available (well, available to the Yanks anyway).

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This one is cheap.

Did someone kill the electric car? You wouldn't know it on this bright May morning in Scandinavia, where the idea of a mass-produced battery-powered vehicle is being resurrected and actual cars are scheduled to begin rolling off the production line by year's end.

money.cnn.com...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Short answer? THEY CAN.

THEY DID!!!!

But they crushed all those vehicles and put a tight lid on it.

See the documentary called "Who Killed The Electric Car"

I can convert a car to electric for about $10k. If you're serious, send me a U2U.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by ianr5741]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I believe that the government will never change when it comes to making profit. Gas is what moves our economy and world. We as a nation are all addicted to gas. Large oil companies and automotive makers are the drug dealers. The only way things will change for small EV companies like Tesla is for us to change our own gas depending habbits. We as consumers must stop buying SUVs and truck that burns excessive gasoline, and start considering alternative means of living our lives without gas. If this means moving closer to our work place or driving a small ugly economical car, then make it happen. We must blame our way of life before we blame others. If we change what we buy as a nation, then companies will adjust to our needs or die trying. If we stop buying gas at the pump, then oil companies would go out of business. When did riding a bike to work went out of fassion ? It should be what we all need to do. Besides, its better for our health.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
We have the technology but "they" can't let it go.

Since joining the parade of Tesla technology followers about two years ago,
I now see how the obvious response to hearing one could plug into the earth
for power and communications, and with encoding, was toppling the Tesla
towers, now a long island nuclear power plant.

And that is not all they toppled.
Tesla's greatest achievement may now be the Free Energy UFO and
thus the Tesla Free Energy UFO Conspiracy of technology suppression set
up by the Illuminati.
An atomic electric ship generator is also thought possible by Tesla
researchers that has no radiation danger.

Tracing Tesla beyond the story tellers, that have so far been
suppressed to mundane activities but with generous helping of
overstated beam technology, there is quite a coincidence between
Tesla and atomic nuclear plants.
I just can't figure it out unless the Illuminati think
they will get smart as Tesla by osmosis of some sort.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
just awesome!!!!!!

Tesla Motors will be someone to keep an eye on...........can't wait to keep watching what they do....

I wonder ..... why can't a car battery self charge itself???

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Here is a link for an electric car a guy built in his garage.He drag races this car and it's fast.

www.opb.org/programs/ofg/videos/view/56-Electric-Drag-Racing

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by prjct

They forgot a permanent magnet motor generator (PMMG) which might do
the over unity trick.
Some video on youtube has a very impressive PMMG built by
Aussies that are seeking patents.
A trick the Illuminati and Tesla haters will not like.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
A frank Tesla road test:

Personally, Electric and hybrid cars are a total waste of time and money.

Future of cars?

The Honda FCX Clarity:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Tesla Motors has nothing to do with the descendants of Nikola Tesla.

Daimler, Ag of Mercedes and Maybach fame recently bought a 10% stake in Tesla worth at least $30 Mill. Daimler will construct a factory to build the upcoming 2011 Model S Sedan, a $60,000 sedan using the same electric system as the Roadster. Daimler to also offer it's 123 yrs of auto knowhow into perfecting the body. Tesla to provide smart with the battery so it can be applied to the bodies of the 2008-present smart fortwo. As more get sold the Roadster will definately come down in price.

The big three along with the petrol industry killed the electric car in 1997. The former GM EV1 was to be the launchpad. If they would've kept it GM right now it is beleived would've been miles ahead of everyone, instead of trying to play catch up. The 2011 Chevrolet Volt would've been the 3rd gen of the EV1 and not the first gen.

In 2003 a long rumoured conspiracy was confirmed and uncovered, 1933 John D. Rockerfeller of Standard Oil, (the firm that became Esso and who we know now as ExxonMobil) and Henry Ford, Sr. (CEO, Charman, Founder, Pres Ford Motor Company) got together and worked to keep the world on oil hence why the original electrics from between 1889 - 1933 went away shortly afterwards.

In 2002 Texaco was discovered to be putting additives in their gas so that it would maliciously and intentionally destroy and damage car engines so that people would be forced to pay money to get thier car fixed unessicarily.

Big Oil was told in 2006 that it was "to either get with the program or get left behind".

Tesla Motors was founded in order to begin the push away from gasoline powered transit.

The following companies are working on implementation if non petrol powered transit :

Sportscars-Supercars - Ferrari, Aston-Martin, Porsche, Lamborghini
Passenger cars - Honda, Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, Toyota
Tractor trailers - Peterbilt, Kenworth, International, Pierce, DAF
Commercial buses - Iveco, MCI, International
Commercial planes - Boeing, McDonnell-Douglas, Lockheed Martin, Airbus
Battery companies for electric vehicle applications - Duracell, AC Delco, Die Hard, Sears, Energizer, Eveready,

In short there will be no new gas powered transit produced effective 2030.

Also you should expect to se a reduction in petrol filling stations by at least 75% during this same time span. Battery replacement houses to replace half of the current gas stations. Go there, they remove your old battery, take the old one place into the charger, take a fully charged one out and install in your car. Expect the first stations to launch by 2011.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by teraform

I'm not big on the oil conspiracies, I don't buy into the bush making millions from the war bs, that theory doesn't make sense to me, but I do believe the oil companies like the tire companies want to destroy any upgrades that would make their entire business obsolete, they need to change with the times eventually but they are stubborn, due to this they will either die eventually or be forced into modernizing their industry, it probably won't happen first in the U.S.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
One of the main disadvantages of a EV is the battery life. As you see on their web page the expected battery life is only 5 years 100,000 miles. Then your buying a new battery and they are not cheap at all... not by a long shot. Some almost cost as much as a new (cheap) car that is also good on gas.

Considering a typical new vehicle can go 400,000 miles or more without a overhaul, or even a lot more if you take good care of it, the EV's really can't deliver in the long run. Diesel is the near future.. The new VW TDI gets 50 MPG listed.. but people have been claiming 60+ mpg. And its a quick lil car to boot.. EV's have to many con's and not enough pro's for the average consumer.

Take the OP for instance.. 30k miles a year. In a little over 3 years you will be buying a new battery, which would cost you a lot more than the gas you saved. Not to mention the car's are already more expensive than "normal" gas or diesel cars. I'm not saying I like it.. but that's just how it is. Look at the new diesel cars if you really wish to save money.

top topics

join