It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I Helped O.J. Get Away With Murder'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

'I Helped O.J. Get Away With Murder'

www.620wtmj.com

Mike Gilbert, O.J. Simpson's former marketing agent, says this with a matter-of-factness that is at first off-putting.

"He finally did it," Gilbert repeats, his voice not even quavering a little as he recounts his firsthand experience with one of the most notorious crimes of the past century. In his new tell-all book How I Helped O.J. Get Away With Murder, Gilbert calls June 12, 1994 the "day the world stopped."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Many might have felt this was the truth for the last fifteen years or so. I felt something like this might come out sooner or later. This is about a book written by some one close to OJ. It states that he did admit to the murders and how he helped OJ to cover it up. I don't really think this will change any thing, but if you have different ideas, please feel free to state them.

www.620wtmj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Can they come back on this guy for helping OJ hide evidence?
sounds like he is confessing of a crime.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by blimpseeker
Can they come back on this guy for helping OJ hide evidence?
sounds like he is confessing of a crime.

That's what I am thinking. Why is this legal, either he is lying and OJ should sue him or he is telling the truth and he should be thrown in jail. I hope no one buys his book.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
He confessed to a crime. He should be investigated and possibly brought up on charges. The fact that OJ got away with it and was found 'not guilty' wouldn't change this guys fate.

I don't know how he could sleep at night for all these years.
He still doesn't seem to be remorseful. He just wants to sell the book.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

"He finally did it," Gilbert repeats, his voice not even quavering a little as he recounts his firsthand experience with one of the most notorious crimes of the past century. In his new tell-all book How I Helped O.J. Get Away With Murder, Gilbert calls June 12, 1994 the "day the world stopped."

If he actively helped OJ cover up the murder, that makes him an accessory after the fact. If he lied in court about what he knew then that means he is in contempt of court. Finally, if he knew OJ was going to commit murder (his "he finally did it" seems to imply as much) then that makes him an accessory to the actual murder.

Jon

EDIT: Formatting and forgot there were two murders.

[edit on 5.15.2008 by Voxel]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If he is found guilty it would be a felony and he wouldn't get any money from selling the book right?
what an idiot!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Thanks for all your comments everyone!
This man was an agent to OJ. Would it be possible that he would be protected under attorney client privilege if he was working with the defence of OJ?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
i would have to think that the man covered all of those bases. i doubt if he could help someone get away with murder, he would be stuoid enough to get himself locked up.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I think the only way we'll get an idea if this is true or not is if OJ sues for libel. If he does, then he is rightly, as anyone would, protecting his name and innocence. If he doesn't, to me it means he's guilty. There's no way any innocent person would allow someone to go around falsely accusing them of murder.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Where's Jonnie Cochran when you need him? Oh, yeah he's gone!

Would the LA police still be looking for the killer all these years given that OJ walked?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
does california thave a statutes of limitations , pertaining to the charges he might face arising from these ` confessions ` ?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Anyone know off hand what the statute of limitations is for accessory after the fact?

Probably passed and now he's safe to speak to sell his book.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
We all know that it doesn't matter if the time has passed and he can't be charged. If the PTB want him to go down for it, he will go down for it.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
That makes two people now.

At least he didn't do it post mortem like this guy did...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The article I read said he alleged in a moment of drunken stupor, OJ supposedly blurted out something to the effect that if Nic had not come outside with the knife, then she'd still be alive.

First of all, this guy may have a motive to make this up - OJ's lawyer rips on him for that.

Since what OJ allegedly said was somewhat cryptic and open to interpretation, and the whole thing probably amounts to hearsay, (in my non-lawyerly opinion), doubt if anything can come of it legally.

I figure the guy somehow covered it to avoid legal problems or else ISTM he couldn't publish the book - a publisher wouldn't accept the liability I'd guess.

2 cents.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I agree with Dribble.

I'm sure he is smart enough to make sure he couldn't be prosecuted. Of course the greedy often are so focussed on the $$$ that they become somewhat narcissistic in attitude.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Some people are saying 'OJ should sue'. What if he's a silent partner in all this? Reap some rewards that his book didn't.

Also, I think as many do... he wouldn't being putting this book out there to indicate himself in the murders.

It probably all comes down to 'hear-say' evidence.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Never on criminal matters, only on civil. So the families couldn't sue this guy, but the state could take up charges on him if they feel he has committed a crime against the people.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Grailkeeper

I'm sure OJ's bank account is watched very closely these days due to the civil judgment against him. Of course, if he were given cash in hand to stuff in the mattress....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join