It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get to close and you`ll get burned!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Very interesting ufo encounter by Stefan Michalak:

Canadian Stephen Michalak of Winnipeg, a mechanic by trade, decided to do some prospecting in the Whiteshell Provincial Park .Michalak was an amateur geologist and had been prospecting in the area many times. Others had found several quartz veins near Falcon Lake that were associated with silver deposits, and Michalak had himself found a few promising sites.

That morning The date was 20 May, 1967, Michalak had left his motel and arrived at the park around 9 o’clock. He was on the hunt for silver; several other geologists had discovered veins of quartz which promised a good haul of the precious metal. Michalak found a vein of quartz in a marshy area near a stream, ate lunch, and had gone back to inspecting the minerals when he was startled by the sound of geese flying overhead. Looking up to watch them fly, he was even more startled to see two large, “red, cigar-shaped” spacecraft with “bumps on them” descending out of the clear blue sky at a roughly 45 degree angle.

As he watched, one of the objects stopped and hovered, while the other one descended and landed on a large, flat rock about 160 feet away from him. After a few moments the object still in the air departed, changing from red to orange to grey as it flew into the west and disappeared behind the clouds.

The object on the ground also turned from red to grey and finally to the color of "hot stainless steel" surrounded by a golden-hued glow. He had been wearing welding goggles while chipping at the quartz to protect his eyes from flying rock fragments, and now they served the additional purpose of protecting his eyes from a brilliant purple light that was shining through openings in the object's exterior. The object was making a hissing sound and a whirring noise, and it gave off a sulphurous smell.

For several minutes, Michalak stayed where he was and sketched the object. After about half an hour, a door opened in the side of the object, revealing a lighted interior. Michalak decided to move closer, and when he was approximately sixty feet away from the object, he began to hear two voices over the other sounds coming from the object.

Believing that the object was a secret experimental American craft of some sort, Michalak called out in English. There was no response, so he tried Russian, German, Italian, French, Ukrainian, and then English again. There was still no response.

Summoning his nerve, Michalak approached the open door and stuck his head inside. There he saw a maze of lights on what appeared to be a panel, and beams of light in horizontal and diagonal patterns. There was also a cluster of lights flashing in a random sequence "like on a computer." Not seeing anyone, he pulled back and waited.

Suddenly, three panels slid together, closing the opening completely. Michalak then examined the outer surface of the object, noting that it was like highly polished colored glass with no breaks or seams in its surface. He touched it, and it melted his glove.

The door, much to his surprise, suddenly snapped shut. Three pieces folded down “like a camera shutter” to seal it, and the flying saucer took a sort of funny little hop. Instead of the door, Michalak was now looking at some sort of rectangular grate, with evenly spaced round holes. A blast of hot gas came out of the vent, setting his shirt and hat on fire and burning him badly, and so he stamped it out.

The spot where the object had landed looked as if it had been swept clean, but piled up in a 15 foot circle was a collection of pine needles, dirt and leaves. As he looked around, he developed a severe headache, became nauseous, and broke out in a cold sweat.

His nausea became worse, and he soon vomited. He decided to head back to the motel, and on the way back he had to stop several times because of vomiting.Finally, after asking for help from a passing RCMP officer and being refused, he reached the motel. At 4:00 p.m., he entered the coffee shop and asked where he could find a doctor. He was told that the nearest doctor was in Kenora, Ontario, 45 miles east of Falcon Lake.

Michalak decided to return to Winnipeg rather than go into Ontario. The next bus to Winnipeg didn't come through until around 8:45 p.m., so he went to his room and called his wife. He told her not to worry, but that he had had an accident and to send their son to meet him at the bus terminal.

He got to Winnipeg at around 10:15 p.m., and his son immediately took him to the Misericordia Hospital, where his headache and nausea were treated and the curious burn marks on his chest in the shape of a grid were noted.

A report completed by the Royal Canadian mounted police.

Now here is a very interesting pictures i recieved:

Tavernes, France, 1974. A classic French UFO picture. Photographed by a French medical doctor that remained anonymous on March 23, 1974 in Tavernes in the department in Var, during a major UFO flap over France

Any comments or other info please, you are welcome!

REFERENCES:
www.ufocasebook.com...
www.ufoevidence.org...
www.theironskeptic.com...
www.youtube.com...
ufologie.net...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Hiyah GUNS!!!

Wow...this looks like an interesting as heck case you dug up here! I don't have time to read it now so I am starring and flagging, so I can read it when I get home from work!!

I had never seen that Nashville photo, but the other one that looks like it I had seen, the one from France! Great job digging up what looks like a great case! Will weigh in after I read it this afternoon, good job

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Thanks LateApezer313!!!always nice to hear from you
!hope you enjoy this thread!
If there is any thing you can add feel free,there is alot of ATS members that dont know about this case....

Thanks for your reply !

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Wow, this is rather amazingly awesome. I shall have to study this some before I start into anything. Star and flagged from me as well ^_^

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hi Guns,

This does seem to be one of the classic cases that offer physical evidence other than just anecdotal.

Of course another witness or two would have been better and a consistent story about the aftermath but there does seem to be a couple of inconsistencies that take the edge off a little.

Stefan says, "Finally, after asking for help from a passing RCMP officer and being refused".

And yet in the RCMP report made by the officer :

"I offered to drive him to Falcon Beach and arrange for someone to treat him but he kept saying he was alright"

The officer also observes that although Stefans hat and glove looked burnt his hand and head did not.

The story recounts how Stefan took time out at the encounter to draw a sketch of the craft and in the report the officer asks Stefan to draw a sketch which he does, but why do this if he already had a sketch he had done earlier.

I have also read that he called a newspaper, and asked them for a "ride home, but no publicity", how can you expect to get a favour from a newspaper and say "no publicity", they must have declined however as he had to take a bus home, but the newspaper did now have his story.

The burns to his stomach are an enigma though, I would hate to think they were self inflicted, clearly they were real and caused by something physical.

I would like to think this happened the way he said it did but I hate the little discrepencies.

Unfortunately Stefan Michalak is no longer with us as he passed away in October 1999 aged 83.

Forgot to add, have a flag waving star

[edit on 15-5-2008 by sherpa]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Hi sherpa! Always good to hear from you
!

I agree that more witnesses would of made the case mucth more stronger!

I hate the discrepencies too! Thanks for your great input Sherpa!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The part in the report where the officer says it looked like he took ash and rubbed it on his chest after being told he couldn't examine him closer sounds fishy. It doesn't help that it said he looked as if he had been "indulging".

I'd bet the wife didn't want the guy to drinking when he was out prospecting and this was his cover story.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GUNSINWAR
Very interesting ufo encounter by Stefan Michalak:

Hi Gunsinwar,

This was Case 50 in the "Top 100" cases I prepared, which listed the UFO cases most frequently discussed in a sample of about 960 UFO books.

In case it is of interest, I'll reproduce the relevant extract (which contained a few relevant links) below:

50. 54 references : Steven Michalak encounter (1950)

Steven Michalak claims to see, and be injured by, a UFO near Falcon Lake, Canada on 20 May 1950.

This was Project Blue Book Case Number 11768.

This incident featured in a document (“the Rockefeller Briefing Document”) endorsed by Dr Mark Rodeghier (President of CUFOS), Richard Hall (Chairman of FUFOR) and Walter Andrus (President of MUFON) as containing “the best available evidence for the existence of UFOs”.

This incident is discussed on the ATS.com forums in Thread 138361.

(For references to relevant discussions in various UFO books see Koi Chronology 1967.0520)

By the way, this incident is discussed in the Condon Report (i.e. the “Scientific Study of Unidentified Flying Objects” edited by Edward U Condon (Director) and Daniel S Gillmor (1969) in 1969 as Condon Case Number 22

The relevant discussion can be found at pages 484-493 (in Section 4 “Case Studies”), available free online at the following link:
www.project1947.com...

The Condon Report reached the following conclusion at the end of its relatively lengthy discussion of this incident:

If Mr. A's reported experience were physically real, it would show the existence of alien flying vehicles in our environment. Attempts to establish the reality of the event revealed many inconsistencies and incongruities in the case, a number of which are described in this report. Developments subsequent to the field investigation have not altered the initial conclusion that this case does not offer probative information regarding inconventional craft.

One of the Condon investigators (Roy Craig) subsequently devoted about 16 pages of a book to this incident - see Roy Craig's “UFOs – An Insider’s View” (1995) at pages 14-27 (in Chapter 2), 209-210 (in Chapter 12) of the UNT softback edition.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Excellent thread as usual Guns, Star and Flag.

I agree with Sherpa, that the trace evidence apparent in this case is key.
I've had some experience in prospecting, believe it or not
Mostly Gold Prospecting, and I never really took it seriously, but in my days as a professional actor, I played a stage role in a show titled, 'Paint Your Wagon', made famous in an altered format of the story made into a movie, that starred Clint Eastwood (in what I believe was his only singing role).

In researching this role, I spent well over a month out in Gold Country with prospecting tools and period clothing. I lived the character, in order to properly understand the conditions the character faced.

I know of no prospecting gear that could have caused the damage seen to this man's gloves, shirt, and chest.

It is of interest to me as well the way he described the burns, as coming from vented gas that escaped through the 'hatchway' after the hatch had sealed. This sounds like a form of mildly explosive decompression, something expected when sealing and equalizing pressure in a docking module. It could well have been superheated air that burned him, air that had entered into the pressurization chamber (the hatchway of the craft) that was then vented out of the craft when the pilots restored cabin pressure (their own preferred atmosphere and pressure) to the craft before take off.

At any rate fantastic report. Isaac you were right to list this in the top 100 cases. The trace evidence here is quite astounding.

I also found it fascinating how many languages he tried to communicate in. This guy kept his head in the face of an amazing encounter. What a great report!

-WFA

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Great post! The last pic with the starship is truly one of the best I have ever seen. Well done.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hi all this is LateApexer313
I am at work, and for some reason I can't log on at work, so I thought I'd try this new Anonymous poster thing and voila... it let me post, must be something about the firewall at work, and not letting you log into things on the net or something who knows...

Anyway I am on lunch break and reading this thread and I can't believe I have never heard of this...anyway kudos again GUNS! I love when someone drags a UFO incident out of the past and one that I haven't heard too...k anyway well going back to reading...

I just can't get over that picture of the UFO from Nashville, that's pretty awesome, I have relatives in Nashville and I am going to call them up and see if they remember anything about that picture!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GUNSINWAR

That Nashville photo is a disco tech set- I saw somewhere on the net I'll look for it...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Here it is. Sorry for the second post:

forgetomori.com...

[edit on 15-5-2008 by coastlinekid]

[edit on 15-5-2008 by coastlinekid]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by coastlinekid

Wait, are you telling me that something mundane and explainable is being misconstrued by ignorant believers in the absurd, as proof of their dreams, desires and wishes?

Surely you jest

As to this case, unfortunately, it suffers from the same thing that other "well documented cases with trace evidence" suffers from. Nothing else needs to be said, and there is nothing here that can be followed up on and investigated. This case is hereby relegated to the realm of entertainment for those that are interested in the [often ridiculed] hobby of Ufology.

I say "often ridiculed" for obvious reasons.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
reply to post by coastlinekid

Wait, are you telling me that something mundane and explainable is being misconstrued by ignorant believers in the absurd, as proof of their dreams, desires and wishes?

Ignorant Believer eh? That sounds like a direct insult to me, and a clearly undeserved one. I believe you've been called out for such by this site's owners before Ignore the Facts. Let's stick to attacking the post, and not the poster. As has been said before, you should know better.

I see nothing mundane and explanable about this man's injuries, and having personal experience with prospecting equipment, I'm pretty sure I'd know if something able to cause this kind of damage was used in the field.

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
As to this case, unfortunately, it suffers from the same thing that other "well documented cases with trace evidence" suffers from. Nothing else needs to be said, and there is nothing here that can be followed up on and investigated. This case is hereby relegated to the realm of entertainment for those that are interested in the [often ridiculed] hobby of Ufology.

I think you are relegating a bit early there ITF. And no offense, but don't attempt to relegate for anyone besides yourself, it's an offensive practice that I'm doing my best not to flame, and to address politely.

What in fact there IS, here (and in other cases with trace evidence) is Trace Evidence. You know, the stuff that CAN be tested.

What there also is in this case, is information on the equipment this man would have had onhand. If you can find a piece of equipment used for prospecting that could have caused this damage, perhaps then the words mundane and explanable can enter into this case.

Frankly, you've not done so. So, no offense, but an actual skeptic would save his/her relegating until they've gathered evidence that suggests a hypothesis.

-WFA

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply original post by IgnoreTheFacts

Well you have used the operative word "hobby" and surely it doesn't take much common sense, reason and logic to understand that as a hobby it has and always will be open to ridicule.

The word "Ufology" is a modern and misleading word and I would never call myself a ufologist because it suggests credence, unfortunately there is very little.

Hobbies are not a discipline nor a professional field so people have the freedom to pursue them as they see fit, if that way is not your way then I am afraid your tipping at windmills you are not going to change that.

Clearly you have aligned yourself with this hobby and feel agrieved that others do not share your view of how it should be treated, perhaps you yourself have been "burned" for believing or being part of it and feel the need to chastise others the same way you have.

Perhaps it is frustration that no apparent progress is evident and the actions of others is the reason for this, maybe but I doubt it, you see there have been many people who have dedicated years if not lifetimes to the hobby some of which have had credible scientific backgrounds such as Auguste Meesen, James E Mcdonald, Jacques Vallee, J Allen Hynek, Peter A Sturrock and yet there has been very little change.

Whatever, personally, other than giving yourself a momentary high, I cannot see the point of your abusive posts they don't change anything other than causing bad feeling towards you.

I have been here long enough to know this will not change you but at least this post makes me feel better and by the way I look forward to any thread you may post that treats ufology in the way you would approve.

edit to add bold to reply line

[edit on 15-5-2008 by sherpa]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

That is very well said!
But I think I understand where ITF is coming from. The problem is that among all the cuckoo tales some genuine evidence is easily lost.

Regardless, though, ITF needs to rein-in his words.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I can think of a mundane way to get that burn.

Possible scenario:

Drunk man trips, landing face down, tummy across the campfire grill.

I'm not saying this happened, there's no proof. It's just a POSSIBLE explanation.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Just a note, same pattern on his chest as the guy in Scotland that
had a 'probe' approach him and touch him with it's many
rods that protuded from it. I think it was in the 70's.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronMan
Just a note, same pattern on his chest as the guy in Scotland that
had a 'probe' approach him and touch him with it's many
rods that protuded from it. I think it was in the 70's.

You may be talking about the 1979-Dechmont Woods-Abduction of Robert Taylor if so than the injuries were not the same.

However I know what you mean though the two cases have a similiar ring to them.

Dr. Gordon Adams would examine Taylor for his injuries. He found two scrapped places on Taylor, one on his left leg, and the other under his chin. Taylor had no apparent head injuries, and his body temperature, blood pressure, and other body signs were all within normal limits. Dr. Adams insisted on Taylor getting a head X-ray to rule out a concussion, and talk to a counselor, but Taylor put off the hospital visit until later.

www.ufocasebook.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join