It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

which came first the chicken or the egg?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 11:17 PM
link   
No one knows the answer, so then how did life begin in the universe. It had to have come from somewhere. So where did life on earth come from.

If we evolved from basic life forms then the basic life forms had to have come from somewhere. They dont just appear one day. Does any one know an answer.

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Life came from organic compounds being struck by lightning. Where lightning would strike some 4 billion years ago, the area that was hit all the organic compounds would "spring" to life and interact, they've replicated this in a lab, basically lightning super-charged the already normal interactions between organic compounds and such, and one thing led to another.

Reminds me of analogous robots, built simply and have no "brain" no cpu or programing, and yet after a while they exhibit more life like qualities then the best of programed machines.

Give them an empty hard drive and cpu, and who knows what they'll become

Finally, I think why it seems that science proves there is no god, is because we are focusing on stuff that is all "natural". God isn't natural, god is what created nature, what science fails to explain is where did that nature come from?

What came first? The chicken, because it was some mutated freak of some other form of bird, and it faired better than that bird so won out sexually and over time the chicken is all that was left, laying its eggs instead of the eggs of its ancestors

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 12:13 PM
link   
actually, evolutionary speaking, the egg came first

the first hard eggs were laid by reptilians, the predecessors to birds

so the egg came first

posted on Jan, 1 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Exactly! The egg came first. The chicken grew in the egg, hatched, and today there over fifty thousands jokes about them crossing roads. Like minimum coverage?(car insurance commercial, guy talks about declaration of Ind being signed, and now you can find a starbucks on every corner, so I modified it)

top topics

join