It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet punishing injustice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Firstly, let me say this is completely speculative and is my views and opinions. Just a thought i've had over the past few days.

Is mother nature doing what the world is afraid to do by punishing oppressive nations?

It seems that when a country's people have their rights removed or are attacked a horrible catastrophe befalls the offending nation.

My theory falls short in that it is the general people that suffer far more than the leaders making the decisions, but bare with me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Indonesian tsunami happened in 2004. Indonesia had been forcefully ruling East Timor up until around 2000.

Hurricane Katrina occurred in 2005. Iraq was invaded by the US-led coalition in 2003.

The cyclone in Burma has just happened, on the 4th of this month. Last year Burma crushed protests by force, including the suspected mass murder of hundreds of monks and civilians.

China has just been hit by a 7.8mag earthquake. Protests against China's control of Tibet have reached a climax in the past month's Olympic Torch relays.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To me, that seems like, although erratically and indiscriminately, that the natural disasters are punishment for inhumane acts. I think it is one of those coincidental chains of events that really makes you think.

Thoughts?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
If that was true, then what cataclysmic event befell the Germans?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Where was the epic tragedy that befell the Europeans when we settled America, slaughtering countless indians and decimating entire civilisations?

It's a theory i had entertained at one point myself, but i dismissed it out of the lack of credibility.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Nature didn't have to deal with the Nazis, other people did. America had it's civil war.

Who was doing something about the monks in Burma or Indonesia's persecution of the Timorese?

(I'm only playing devil's advocate)

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
What did Sri Lanka do to deserve the Tsunami?

Just one example.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well, perhaps it's not nature.

Perhaps it's the combined psychic conciousness of all of mankind that is causing those catastrophes.

*sneezes*

top topics

join