It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Bioshock' movie announced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Gamers are all too used to seeing favorite and well-loved titles turned into disappointing movies. Remember Doom, Final Fantasy, and BloodRayne? Yeah, so do we, unfortunately. Which is why we're dancing with metaphorical joy at Variety's news that Gore Verbinski has signed to direct an upcoming movie based on last year's superb Bioshock. Verbinski's name - previously attached to the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy - should make sure the Bioshock movie project gets just as much attention as it deserves.

Oscar nominee John Logan (The Aviator, The Last Samurai) is already in the frame to provide the script, which (although no details are available yet) will, we hope, give us more insight into Bioshock's fascinating backstory. If you missed out on the game, which was released late last year on Xbox 360 and PC, it took place in a 1950s underwater city named Rapture, home at one time to a colony of idealistic capitalists, but which subsequently became overrun with bizarre genetic mutants.
Source

One of the best games of last year, but i have my doubts about the movie.

Every game - to - movie adaption i have seen have all murdered the games' lore, such as Doom and Alone in the Dark. Bioshock's story is very much key to the game's success, so a lot of work sticking to detail would need to be done in any plot to make the movie live up to expectations.

Thoughts?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Hey, at least Uwe Boll's not directing it! Another game I'm waiting to hit the $20 price tag.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
ooooh I got SO excited reading the title to your thread fooffstarr!
Alas, I feel as you do in regards to getting 'it' right.

I sincerely hope they do with this one, the game's story was awesome, I was so swept up in it.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
hrm.... I have my worries about this move as the games was soo darn good... lets hope they dont kill it.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toromos
Hey, at least Uwe Boll's not directing it! Another game I'm waiting to hit the $20 price tag.

Hahahahah... You know, as I clicked this post, I kept saying to myself, over and over "please, merciful God, don't let it be Uwe Boll!!!"

Of course, Hollywood will probably turn this into another "Doom" FPS movie... that'd really suck. What'd I'd love to see is a movie about Rapture leading up to about a year BEFORE the game's protagonist shows up. Maybe with the voiceover of Andrew Ryan, recording into his journal a recount of the history, rise, and fall of Rapture.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well, Bioshock as a game, felt like a well produced movie... in that respect alone, it makes it better suited then most video games to be a movie.

I think this movie could have some teeth...

What ever happen to the Halo Movie... there was so much news for a while, then it just died...

new topics

top topics

join