Why books were left out of the bible?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle
I am talking about truly earth-shaking, powerful knowledge. Knowledge that would make a difference to the masses.

Oooh, sounds juicy! Do tell

It's a wonder the earth had not been shaken already because of it...or are you claiming responsibility for global disasters?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle
Btw,
The secrets that I refer to, (that were once held by the Knight's Templar's) are not in reference to whether Jesus married Mary Magdalene and had a child, or about the Spear, or the Chalice or any of that rhetoric.

I am talking about truly earth-shaking, powerful knowledge. Knowledge that would make a difference to the masses.

Please share, I am wondering what you are referring to here. Where could we find this knowledge?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
One such subject that the chruch admits to removing from the bible was one of your study subjects (demons & angels). They said it was because those subjects seemed to grab peoples attention more than the things people should focus on in the bible.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenflt

Yea, that seems to make the most sense, since alot of the other bible talks about that. I just have not studied them in depth, just found out recently about these books. Is there anything that would stand out, in which the church says we should keep hush hush?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

Spear of Destiny - IS it real? The only thing i know about that is from the movie Constantine.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenflt
One such subject that the chruch admits to removing from the bible was one of your study subjects (demons & angels). They said it was because those subjects seemed to grab peoples attention more than the things people should focus on in the bible.

Other than this being a study subject, this seems to be a correct statement. Angels were never intended to be a focal point for study. There was a cropping up of angel cults that seemed to believe they were of greater importance. People were praying to them, appealing to them, perhaps worshipping them? That's not a good thing when the rest of the book says God should be receiving these things. A lot of detail turned into obsession in the human mind for some reason. This is pretty much true with anything. The more information there is on a topic, the more people want to delve deep. There's nothing wrong with knowledge, but everything wrong with missing the point.

Personally I think there's such a thing as TMI (too much information) about demons as well with great consequences. I know I've shared information on the topic in the past only for it to be used against me. I don't mind what was done to me, but I do very much mind what was done to the person using it.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
Is there anything that would stand out, in which the church says we should keep hush hush?

Nothing that needs 'hush hush'. As mentioned before, the books didn't get torched nor are buried in the ground. There are details of hierarchy (of sorts) and specific names. Some accounts of possession and how they were dealt with Old Testament-style. Big problem is that many people don't know how to "read but do not use" like handing someone a sword and telling them never to swing it. Curiousity takes hold of course and someone cuts themself. The New Testament makes dealing with demons a lot easier with Christ.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Spear of Destiny - IS it real? The only thing i know about that is from the movie Constantine.

Ah movies, the infinite source of knowledge and wisdom...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Yes, the Book of Enoch is a truely great book, there are other books inside that book that I don't see any need for them to be there (like the Book of Noah, where he basicly repeats a lot of what Enoch says, but he refers to people as cows :lol
. I've read the Book of Enoch and I can assure you that the Holy Bible validates it and it validates the Bible. When Enoch went to Heaven he saw the Trinity, also it shows how time is so completely different in Heaven, Enoch saw the past present and future when he went to Heaven and he saw things that were in the Book of Revelation!
I think Enoch is a great read, you may want to find a good version of it with some inferences by pastors though, it may help you in understanding it. My dad was a pastor, so I understand the language used in many of the ancient text, plus I studied it in school, I rad many, many ancient text and have found the Bible to be the most amazing of them all.

sizzle
The Illuminati aren't the only ones who have this hidden knowledge, I'm pretty sure that I do and some of my comrads as well do. In fact I understand some things that are going to happen and are happening, like wht there is the mass destruction of some precolumbian archaeoligical site here in the U.S..

Peace,

-Jimmy

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Ah movies, the infinite source of knowledge and wisdom...

Actually I was referring to sizzle post:

The secrets that I refer to, (that were once held by the Knight's Templar's) are not in reference to whether Jesus married Mary Magdalene and had a child, or about the Spear, or the Chalice or any of that rhetoric.

I am asking is the spear real as this is the second time I have heard of it. Nothing to do with the movie, but again, most movies are based off something. I am pretty sure when they made Constantine they got advisement from a church and maybe even a satanist.

Like when they make military movies, they usually have a military adviser so the movie will have some realism to it.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Intriguing. Makes me want to read it even more. I must ask, how did you come to learn of this book? Since you really don't hear of it today?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Marshall Ormus

I see what you are saying to a point, but what about the book of enoch, that answers about everyones question on the afterlife. Why would such a monumental book like that be left out. But thanks to everyone for posting on the subject.

maybe you answered your own question.

the bible is very clear about the dead being non-existant (ezkl 18:4, eccl 9:5,10)

so if these books dont agree with what god is trying to teach, it would make sense that they are not included.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Like when they make military movies, they usually have a military adviser so the movie will have some realism to it.

This and the rest of your response was certainly fair enough, didn't mean to jump on the media so quickly. The issue I have with them is you see whatever the director wants you to see with integral political and religious agendas. I love movies, but when someone presents something as entertainment then turn it into a protest rally, it makes me want to walk and resent supporting the film by buying a ticket. It's a popular movement these days that's getting more and more annoying.

On Constantine, I was actually intrigued by the first trailer, but after seeing later ones and reading on it, they took a somewhat interesting concept and took an egocentric humanist turn that gives the watcher the outrageous idea that evil can be assimilated/consumed and changed/used against itself. Throw in some real life religion symbols and references ( www.gamerevolution.com... ) and voila! Total jacking up of reality. Hopefully no one takes any of this to heart.

On to your question:

The Spear of Destiny, also known as the Spear of Longinus and the Heilige Lance — Holy Lance — is one of the most important Christian relics of the Passion of Jesus Christ. As first described in John 19:31-37, the Spear was used by a Roman soldier (Gaius Cassius, later called Longinus) to pierce the side of Christ as he hung on the cross. The Spear, bathed in the blood of the Lamb and playing a significant role in the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy, is believed to have acquired tremendous mystical power. The first sign of that power was the purported healing of Gaius Cassius’s failing eyesight by blood from the wound. The centurion later become an early convert to Christianity.

There are a number of problems with this idea.

If we were to say it was an ancient, mystical druid staff, that would make perfect sense in Celtic history. The problem with an object life ths being a valid, magic-embued item is the following:

• God wants no objects to be worship (no idols) from beginning to end in the Bible.
  • Psalm 23 tells us to separate ourselves from want of material things. (Tomb Raiding, Greed, Wealth Lust)
  • The Bible speaks against the use of any magick from witchcraft to divination to sorcery.
  • Christianity has no 'imbueing' of objects. The closest one could get is the Ark of the Covenent which was merely a place that God rested upon. The object itself did not have special powers, only protected by God.

I'm sure there's more, but that's a good start. IF there is a 'Spear of Destiny' THEN it's either A.) Not magical nor holds any special powers or B.) Not Christian

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

This and the rest of your response was certainly fair enough, didn't mean to jump on the media so quickly. The issue I have with them is you see whatever the director wants you to see with integral political and religious agendas. I love movies, but when someone presents something as entertainment then turns it into a protest rally, it makes me want to walk and I resent supporting the film by buying a ticket. It's a popular movement these days that's getting more and more annoying.

On Constantine, I was actually intrigued by the first trailer, but after seeing later ones and reading on it, they took a somewhat interesting concept and took an egocentric humanist turn that gives the watcher the outrageous idea that evil can be assimilated/consumed and changed/used against itself. Throw in some real life religious symbols and references ( www.gamerevolution.com... ) and voila! A "strange brew" total jacking up of reality. Hopefully no one takes any of its contents to heart.

On to your question:

The Spear of Destiny, also known as the Spear of Longinus and the Heilige Lance — Holy Lance — is one of the most important Christian relics of the Passion of Jesus Christ.

*snip* No it's not.

As first described in John 19:31-37, the Spear was used by a Roman soldier (Gaius Cassius, later called Longinus) to pierce the side of Christ as he hung on the cross. The Spear, bathed in the blood of the Lamb and playing a significant role in the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy, is believed to have acquired tremendous mystical power. The first sign of that power was the purported healing of Gaius Cassius’s failing eyesight by blood from the wound. The centurion later become an early convert to Christianity.

More found here if interested: ourworld.cs.com...

There are a number of problems with this idea.

If we were to say it was an ancient, mystical druid staff, that would make perfect sense in Celtic history. The problem with an object like this being a valid, magic-embued item is the following:

• God wants no objects to be worshiped (no idols) from beginning to end in the Bible.
  • Psalm 23 tells us to separate ourselves from want of material things. (Tomb Raiding, Greed, Wealth Lust)
  • The Bible speaks against the use of any magick from witchcraft to divination to sorcery.
  • Christianity has no 'imbueing' of objects. The closest one could get is the Ark of the Covenent which was merely a place that God rested upon. The object itself did not have special powers, only protected by God for a short while.

I'm sure there's more, but that's a good start. IF there is a 'Spear of Destiny' THEN it's either A.) Not magical nor holds any special powers or B.) Not Christian

[edit on 16-5-2008 by saint4God]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Sorry to get back to you so late.
Well when I was 14 I had an experience that lead me to research ufo's and aliens, It made me question a lot of things concerning God and the Bible. In my studies I found Genesis 6 sorta puzzling and researched it a bit, I felt something was being left out, and it was, the Book of Enoch was the thing that was left out, I finally found this out and much later on read the Book of Enoch and found how the Bible supported it and it supported the Bible, books from the Bible even quote Enoch and things that happen in the Book of Revelation happen in the Book of Enoch, it's part of the Bible as far as I'm concerned.

-Jimmy

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
This History Channel had a couple shows that dealt with this topic. I think it was called Banned From the Bible if I remember correctly. According to the scholars interviewed there were a few different reasons given for why particular books were left out. As it's been awhile since I watched it I can't give a detailed lineup for you, but I'll pass on what I remember.

Some books were left out because they didn't really fit in the order that was being established. They wanted to story to make sense to the reader and didn't want to jump around. Books concerning the Virgin Mary were left out because they came before the books about Jesus and would lead the reader into thinking she was more important. They wanted the story to be about him so they removed some of those.

Some books were duplicates so they chose either one or the other. Usually they chose the one that fit with their idea of what the religion should be about.

The last type were books that were just too dangerous to include. These were books that delivered a message that the priests did not want out in the public. One book (can't remember which one), basically said that everyone would be saved in the end regardless of what they had done. This type of message could not be out in the public since they would have no control over people's actions. If there truly was no punishment for doing something wrong, then what's to stop people from doing whatever they wanted. Way to dangerous so it was out of there.

If you get a chance to watch it, check it out.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Just for the record. It is quite exhilarating and yet so exasperating to see a wisp of air breathed into such a harried and abused subject.

There are so many texts, several of which have been cited here, that can bring an individual to much understanding. But the issue here is the need of a person of scholar to reflect on the theological, historical, and ambient writings associated with this period and the very many before. And, even more prevalent, a person who can understand the various ideologies and “religious” beliefs of this time as well as before. Given even that criteria, we are hard pressed to find a person of integrity that will not allow personal bias to jade an otherwise sterile approach.

One cannot just study the bible and books left out, of which I have found “Jasher” and “Mary” circumvent, without studying the Hebrew texts, ancient Sumerian texts, Greek, Norse, Visigoth, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc to come to a learned understanding. Even given this great task, one still has to have an understanding of civilization and education of the masses within each of these factions and time periods. What a very daunting task.

I will suggest one book that opened my path to a much broader understanding of political and monetary need for persons of power to implement certain sanctions. It is “Raptor” by Gary Jennings. While this book is considered “heretical” and fictitious, it is based on written “memoirs” of one individual who was court to a king during the early Roman-Catholic era and the demise of the Roman rule. You have to remember that at this time the church was trying to establish itself at the same time Rome was falling. Humanity seems to constantly replace one religion with another, ever seeking some truth that seems to ever elude. Or is it that it is replaced for us when we lose favor when the truth is never seen. There is so much I could elaborate on, but some journeys best served present.

You will be reluctant to admit that truth is not always found where you were told it would be. Often it is simply inside waiting to be heard. Believing is Seeing, Quite the opposite what has been brandished age after age.

[edit on 5/17/08 by rezial666]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
In my studies I found Genesis 6 sorta puzzling and researched it a bit, I felt something was being left out, and it was, the Book of Enoch was the thing that was left out, I finally found this out and much later on read the Book of Enoch and found how the Bible supported it and it supported the Bible, books from the Bible even quote Enoch and things that happen in the Book of Revelation happen in the Book of Enoch, it's part of the Bible as far as I'm concerned.

I'm good with that and think there's nothing wrong with it. I think the issue is when these books are used instead of the Bible or used as a tool to try to contradict/invalidate the Bible. As you've attested, it doesn't contradict nor invalidate the Bible, rather suppliments it.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by saint4God]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evil Genius
This History Channel had a couple shows that dealt with this topic. I think it was called Banned From the Bible if I remember correctly.

This is the reason why I don't watch The History Channel. The "shocking revelation" of a title is a misnomer. There's a big difference between banned and not included. If you bought a tv, and the remote control didn't come with batteries, are batteries banned from it?

Some books were left out because they didn't really fit in the order that was being established. They wanted to story to make sense to the reader and didn't want to jump around.

Some books were duplicates so they chose either one or the other.

These two are very solid reasons according to the canon.

Usually they chose the one that fit with their idea of what the religion should be about.

The slant on this is suggesting that people were deciding what the Christianity is or isn't. In actuality, the text itself tells us what Christianity is and isn't both in the included texts and excluded texts.

The last type were books that were just too dangerous to include. These were books that delivered a message that the priests did not want out in the public. One book (can't remember which one), basically said that everyone would be saved in the end regardless of what they had done. This type of message could not be out in the public since they would have no control over people's actions. If there truly was no punishment for doing something wrong, then what's to stop people from doing whatever they wanted. Way to dangerous so it was out of there.

I believe I know what sentence (because there was only one if I recall correctly) that commonly gets misread in this way. It'd be a big help if you could quote or refer to the one you're talking about so we can look at it objectively.

Here's an example of a similar verse that is in the Bible that commonly gets misread:

"This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth." -
1 Timothy 2:3-4

Now, one can jump to the assumption that since God wants all men to be saved that God will save all men. The problem with this thinking is that we rationalize that God always gets what He wants. If anyone has been paying attention to what's been happening from Genesis chapter 3 to present, we know this isn't the case. In Genesis chapter 1 and 2, God got all He wanted, but not since then. There's a reason for this and would gladly go into detail if anyone is interested.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I thought Id add somthing to this.

Maby they left the books out, because they inteded the Bible to both educate, and to make then better people.
Maby they didnt have some big bit of information in them thats going to destroy Christianity, but like, the information will draw away from the acutal purpose of the Bible.
Also, they may not have wanted you to learn about the afterlife, because if you know whats going to happen when you die, you may be a good person, only to get into heaven, not because you want to be a good person, and help people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join