It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

seeking analysis from our newest CM regarding UFO photo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hey Internos,

While I dabble in photoshop from time to time I'm hardly an expert in digital image analysis. So this is probably a no brainer but I'll post it anyways..

Click here for full story and original pic

Upon noticing the object in the picture, I enlarged that portion of the picture as much as I could. If you notice, the object does not cast a shadow on the hill below leading me to think it is behind the hill not on top of it. If you look closely, the object appears to be reflecting the sun.

Something just looks fake about this whole scene. I'm inclined to say it is a deliberate hoax and in fact is a kite of some sort (with the operator behind the hill). Otherwise I suppose it could be a bird?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Scramjet76, thank you for sharing this one here

HERE you can find the full res from MUFON, and HERE its exif data.

At first glance, what i can say is that whatever is it, it looks to be winged and to have a tail, so i tend to agree with your second take:

or better, i'd vote bird or even some bug: many plumages are/look reflective.
When the photographer doesn't notice anything strange while taking the photo, in the majority of cases it's something of natural in the environment, and /or something very small and close to the camera:
i can't see any shadow, though: that would have putted it to rest.
And anyway, it's really odd shaped, i wonder what bird may look like that: it looks like if it had eaten a tennis ball

I'd like to hear someone else's take on this one.

Thanks again

[edit on 15/5/2008 by internos]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

This picture looks pretty good.

Nice find I think it looks a lot like the Brazilian one, where the guy has a long video about it and then two supposed beings appear in the mid section............let me see If I can find the link.............But this is not a snap from that video it just looks like that vehicle. Very similar to that.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Yes this bird or bug has definitely been spending some time at the tavern because it has quite the beer belly.

Above is a picture of a bee, dung beetle, and a couple shots of a tree swallow. The person who took this picture might not have noticed a swallow/sparrow or smaller bird. Certainly if a hawk would have flown that close it probably would have gotten their attention.. Here is a fantastic bird photo website with many pictures of birds in midflight.

The bee really doesn't fit the profile so I also included a "chubbier" insect (the dung beetle). Neither of them are close at all. Dung Beetle original

Hmmm... beats me.
Alien probe anyone?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

..and have another star from me

Your last post gave me an idea:
it would be GREAT to start a thread about misinterpreted flying/jumping animals: some of them look really odd, and besides many people (me included) don't know the local fauna of many countries

I remember that one time i took some photos during a grassophers flight:

well, i remember that some of them had a very, very strange appearance in the photos, easily mistakeable with something artificial and complex in flight

[edit on 15/5/2008 by internos]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Something else to consider about this photograph, and indeed about ANY photograph along these lines is the other content.

OK...hill, person, shadows etc....but the 2 trees are the first thing I really noticed.

2 points from which to attach a line to, thus providing elevation for a fake UFO/model etc, not just a "tossed" disc!.

This is one of the methods (I'm sure) that is used by magicians to levitate in open spaces....

Note the guy on the ground moving at the same speed as Mr Angel....pulling him perhaps?

Or it could just be a bird

[edit on 15/5/2008 by nerbot]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

OK...hill, person, shadows etc....but the 2 trees are the first thing I really noticed.

2 points from which to attach a line to,

A good point nerbot.

I also was thinking about the two trees. At first, I thought that perhaps a small bird like a Swallow was flying from one tree to the other. But judging by the size of the man on the hill, I feel the object is too big to be a small bird..

Thus perhaps a hoax operating by some string or device utilizing the trees.. However, still strange that it doesn't seem to leave a shadow..

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

it would be GREAT to start a thread about misinterpreted flying/jumping animals: some of them look really odd, and besides many people (me included) don't know the local fauna of many countries

Right on!

Yes, and the local fauna of regions within countries. I.E. the cicada bug is familiar to those in the eastern portion of the USA, however out west we don't have them.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
This is one of the methods (I'm sure) that is used by magicians to levitate in open spaces....

What do you say to the people that actually think he is levitating? Are you saying magic is fake?
I understand the point you're trying to make. It just sounds kinda silly using some magic stunt to disprove or prove, for that matter, anything.
Think of it this way. What if you used that picture Scramjet posted over on some Criss Angel website to disprove he actually levitated. People would say you're crazy. There's no such thing as UFOs, by the way, magic is real.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
However, still strange that it doesn't seem to leave a shadow..

Not if it's small and nearer the camera than it may appear.

Either way, nothing can be concluded from this I don't think....another one for the archives.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Not too sure if this going to help, but using the same scale of 'man by tree'
and shifting him along bit:

Be interesting if the dog noticed (or heard) anything!
But I'm going with fat pidgeon!

H

[edit on 15-5-2008 by Havalon]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmanq
What do you say to the people that actually think he is levitating?

"Don't watch HIM, watch everything else, thats where the illusion is controlled.

Are you saying magic is fake?

Chris Angel....Absolutely.
But there are many types of magic aren't there?

I understand the point you're trying to make. It just sounds kinda silly using some magic stunt to disprove or prove, for that matter, anything.

All I am doing is saying that there's more than the "obvious" to consider. UFO, bird etc.
Think bigger! Think more. Think outside the box.

Think of it this way. What if you used that picture Scramjet posted over on some Criss Angel website to disprove he actually levitated. People would say you're crazy. There's no such thing as UFOs, by the way, magic is real.

If I really wanted to prove Chris Angel is merely performing an illusion, I would wait until he's off the ground and then wave a long stick with a knife on it!

Great post, thanks for the input..

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Originally posted by nerbot
But there are many types of magic aren't there?

Obvious, huh? ok whatever.

By the way, it's Criss. If you're going to reference the guy, at least get his name right.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmanq
Obvious, huh? ok whatever.

By the way, it's Criss. If you're going to reference the guy, at least get his name right.

This still doesn't change the fact that what he does is just "tricks" to entertain and provide a good income. I used the reference to point out that there are ways to fool people into believing something is real, when in fact it is a "fake".

Sorry, but you have come to the wrong place if you are that gullible! Maybe we can help you "deny ignorance".

ATS provides a useful "search" facility and should offer you with interesting reading if you enter "Criss Angel".

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The more I look at this photo, the more I am convinced it is a bird.
I suppose in the true definition it IS "unidentified", it's "flying" and most definately an "object" of some sort.

I've had it in photoshop and I don't think the picture has been "doctored". I notice that the outlines of the object and the trees and other parts of the scene all have the same "blur" around them which doesn't suggest a regular cut & paste job!

The object also suggests a bird in flight similar to the last one in the set of four posted by "scramjet76"
but with wingtip feathers similar to some kind of bird of prey...very seperated. Birds can look strange when in flight if they turn their heads from a normal "straight ahead" pose too.

I once saw a flying seagull without a head!

I'll dig out my birdbooks....

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
on the image (not the inset, but the actual image), it looks like there is some artifact of a copy and paste job.

the lighting and shading appears consistent with the tree in the foreground.

I would expect a shadow to be cast from this object....but perhaps it would be located just over the hill/at the crest of the hill.

The question that pops out at me, however, is what this is a picture of. The guy standing next to the tree trips my spidey senses. The resolution is poor enough that you cannot make it out, so we don't have a record of a momentus occasion or anything. What exactly was the purpose of this picture? To show how tall the tree was next to the guy?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
The question that pops out at me, however, is what this is a picture of. What exactly was the purpose of this picture? To show how tall the tree was next to the guy?

If you read the original "mufon" article:

Knight's Ferry, CA-04-17-08-I was taking a picture of a man standing next to a big tree on the top of a large hill. I did not notice anything unusual in the sky until I was looking at my pictures days later. While I was at Knight's Ferry Park in Knight's Ferry, CA, I did not see this object with my naked eye, nor did I hear anything unusual. My main interest for taking the photo was the perspective of the man standing next to the tree.

I would expect a shadow to be cast from this object....but perhaps it would be located just over the hill/at the crest of the hill.

Or just below the bottom frame of the picture if it was a really close object!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Is this the shadow:

plus, I wonder what the two object are on the horizon?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Oops I shouda read, nerbot already said that..

Anyways..

That was another one of my original thoughts... a kite of some sort operated just over the hill.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by Scramjet76]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

just a random picture?

that just seems odd.

but it appears that someone may have found the missing shadow.

i am not much of a skeptic. but when i am skeptical, things like that stand out to me. is the situation logical?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join