It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A word of warning... fill your tanks tonight!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I got word today from a friend about a friend, who knew a guy who had a second cousin that married this guy who said...
OK, let's just say I can't give out the source of this info. If that bothers you, just go to the next thread.

I have info from an inside source that there will be a pretty big spike in the price of diesel fuel tomorrow, Thursday, 5-15-08. It will be a short-lived spike and there will be a drop in price a day or so afterward. I am assuming this will also apply to gasoline, so if you can, fill your tanks tonight.

Sorry for the short notice, but I just got back in, and only found out this afternoon about it.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Here's a website i found that tells you all prices everywhere.

SOU RCE

It doesnt forecast what tomorrow will bring, but it will tell you if you put your zipcode in where to find the cheapest.

I swear, this is grim. :shk:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Thanks for the info. I really don't care where you got it from, the fact that you let us know about it is good enough for me. Even if you happen to be wrong what's it hurt to run to the gas station real quick. Thanks for looking out for us.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Diesel here now $4.49.9 with reg gas $3.75.9. This getting totally ridiculous and corrupt from those people calling fro government investigation. Some one is not afraid of government investigation so maybe its the government who is the cause.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
you know something? I have had something bugging me to top off the tank today...some inner voice.....but I didn't.

NOW..................reading this thread I am putting on my shoes and getting my purse. I am ONLY down a quarter tank but money is money and gas is turning to gold...........today I donated plasma for cash and I can't take another gas hike.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
k I am back.

I paid 3.59 per gallon with a minus 3 cents because I use a MAVERICK GAS CLUB CARD.......
If you have MAVERICK station in your area ask for the FREE gas club card it takes 3 cents of every gallon you buy for using it FYI .......and every cent helps now days.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Here is a more generalized starting point for the site DG linked. From there, click a state or province on the map to view any region.

The temperature maps (prices by color) there are really interesting as well (interactive too). For those interested in updating or adding price info in their own area, the site makes it very easy to do so. I've been loving this site for years now.

Gas Buddy

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hi all.

If you think you are hard done by in the US - here in the UK we are paying
the equivalent of $9.21 for a US gallon (3.78 litres) of diesel and $8.47 per US gallon of regular gas.

For diesel for pay 69.9% tax and for regular unleaded 67.3% tax.

Regards.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

Thanks a ton for the link to gas buddy.
Those maps are so cool. Now I don’t have to drive around town to find the cheaper gas.
Found my town in about 16 seconds. $3.91 today for reg.
Peace

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Here where I'm at in Canada, the government 'Regulated' the gas prices last year, so ours will be going up tomorrow (Friday).

But I am sure it will still go up. We ususally pay attention to the 'trends' from the other Provinces so we generally know if the gas will go up or stay the same (as of late... always up)

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hmmm, checking Gas Buddy today I found no major price increase for my area.

Now I'm a bit concerned. This tip came from a very reliable source, and quite probably resulted in that source wasting a few hundred grand if it was untrue. I'd still advise everyone to keep your tanks topped off for the next few days. Something was (is) up at the higher levels in the fuel producers' circles.

Sorry if this caused anyone any major problems...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Redneck,

Dont worry, it will come true soon enough, unfortunatly.

Isnt that a great website?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe
Yes, it is a good site, but it also seems to be a bit lagging in real time. Gasoline has been going for $3.599 regular at the closest large station to me. I just got back in from town and apparently it did come true. Regular gasoline was $3.799, a 20 cent increase overnight.

I feel bad for those who have to buy the stuff today, but in some way I am a bit relieved. At least my sources are still accurate.

Also, according to the same source, there is some measure of relief in the near future, an expected drop in price that will exceed this rise. I think the target was Monday (May 19, 2008) for the prices to drop, but I am not 100% sure of that. I was a bit shocked by the info and didn't memorize all of it very well. I do remember it was only a few days that this spike was to last.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Peepers used precious fuel today to scout gas stations for increases. Peepers is proud to report no increases have been noted in my area.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
what never quite understood is why is the midwest always low and the coastal areas always high ?? I've used this site for a year now and it's always been that way.

Wouldn't the prices be higher in the Midwest being that you have to ship it further from the coastal areas?? I'm not a expert at all in the area of fuel production just a common sense question .. (edited) forgot the mention the taxes in the Midwest might be lower.. but.. that much lower ?? *shrug*

to add one more thing....I've heard alot of congressmen/senators try to get to the bottom of this price gouge for the last 2 +years..by listening to the MSM and local newspaper... and waiting for SOME kind of explanation from them...

nada...

Anyone else have their congressman/woman have the same results??

[edit on 04/02/2008 by Komodo]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I just filled up one of my cars with 87 regular and price was actually down a few cent's,must be my lucky day

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
$4.01 for reg in NY for me today. First time in my life I've seen reg go past $4

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

from one redneck to another thanks for the heads up brudda!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
perhaps your source meant in the financial markets??

Oil did spike today... but I've seen no difference in my gas prices between yesterday and today.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
No, I'm sure it was concerning refined fuels, due to the source itself.

I did see a 20 cent spike here in Alabama, and a similar spike in GHA and SC (a bit less in SC though). Diesel (which was what was supposed to rise, actually) did indeed increase about 15 cents yesterday, and a few more cents today in the same area.

I'm glad to hear the spike didn't cover everywhere, but beware that it doesn't catch up to you...

TheRedneck

top topics

<<   2 >>

join