It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela's Chavez 'Anxious' For Better U.S. Ties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Venezuela's Chavez 'Anxious' For Better U.S. Ties

www.rawstory.com

"Whoever the next president is and whatever party they are from, we aspire, we are anxious, that 2009 start with a new level of relations," Chavez said from an oilfield close to the Orinoco River.

In the past, Chavez has said a victory for Republican presidential candidate John McCain in the November election could worsen relations between the two countries.

All candidates are wary of the outspoken critic of U.S foreign policy, although Democrat Barack Obama has said he could meet with him.

"We are not a danger to the United States, for the love of God, completely the opposite," Chavez said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Heh-Hugo better pray that Bomb-Bomb Iran McSame doesn't get the seat...If he thought the Decider was bad, McInsane will REALLY go after him. I know he already referred to McCain as "war-like". lol

In recent weeks, Chavez has accused the United States of fomenting separatist movements from Tibet to Bolivia.

Some U.S. lawmakers are lobbying to have Venezuela placed on a list of countries that support terrorism because of good relations with Iran and accused links to Colombian guerrillas.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
South America has been the playground of numerous governments and will remain puppeted until corruption is dealt with properly. Even in countries that have improved all things economic, there lies the very real issue of nepotism. Having lived in rural Mexico, I can tell you that some people have been neighbors for 100 years, and would find it very difficult to fire, discipline or even promote one over the other. That being said, nothing brings people together like a common enemy...so be very careful going into someone else's neighborhood. Yeah, I'm talking to you McCain!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Chavez and the FARC terrorists want Obama.
Read here
This is no secret. The information has been out for a long time.
The Obamabots just don't want to believe it. (and dont' want ya'll to know about it)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I feel that a great amount of ill will towards the US stems from our centuries long projection of seperiority as a nation. Nobody really likes the well intended neighbor who tells you how to do a better job in your own home, even if they are offerring to help.

It would be nice to think we could learn to get along with the neighbore on the same block.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Hmm...

So a country "with good relations to Iran" is now being lobbied for the terror list.

My my, it would seem that every country that has a revolutionary sentiment seems to be on that list.

I mean, in Venezuela you have the "Bolivarian Revolution" and in Iran you have the "Islamic Revolution".

Does the American establishment have some sort of problem with people choosing to take power from the hands of corrupt regimes?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Chavez is a punk dictator idiot who has attempted (though anemically) to undermine US interests with regard to Isreal.

This guy has nothing constructive to offer the US or any other country for that matter.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I find it very difficult to judge Chavez, in the sense that I only understand how he "affects" US and Canadian interests. I would like to hear more from Venezuelan people, but if that is not possible he might be a danger to his own people. Ofcourse you see the speaches, with the huge public turn-out, but those could easily be rigged.
I should do some research regarding his domestic policies, and quality of life for his own people. Infact, I believe that is how any leader should be judged. Your own house can't be burning down if you want to help your neighbor put his fire out!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
So a country "with good relations to Iran" is now being lobbied for the terror list.?

The leadership of Iran has called for our destruction many times.
The leadership of Venezuela has also called for our destruction many times.

This is a duh moment. When a regime calls for our destruction OF COURSE we are going to put them in the 'enemy' category.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Well, if Hugo called for the destruction of America, don't you think that would be valid reason to stomp on him?

Or do you think perhaps Bush is actually intimidated by these foreign powers?

top topics

join