It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS bad for you?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Hello

Before i came to ATS to read and learn, i was normal sheep. Now im detecting alarming pattern of paranoia. The problem is that so much that you read in here has strong prove for it and you start to see whole different world. In goverment tyranny, aliens and much more. Now i find my self depressed, paranoid and scared.

I watch on avarage 4 documents per day, read alot and i love to absorb information, all information not just conspiracies. I also have scored more than 150 in IQ test, so i see my self bit brighter than the avarage. Sometimes i feel like ignorance is a bliss, i would be much happier and could concentrate in normal life. Now days i sometimes question my sanity, while i read ATS.

Anyone else have the same feelings, or am i the only one? Shrink anyone?

FAX

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Mate,

To be honest, when i first started hanging out in here i started to get a little freaked out. Not i just take everything with a grain of salt. You can't possibly worry about everything on here.

My stance is, educate yourself from a wide range of sources, not just here, and keep an open mind. People have been saying that the world is doomed for centuries.

Take everything one step at a time and don't get in front of yourself.

B

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FaxMachine

Anyone else have the same feelings, or am i the only one? Shrink anyone?

FAX

You could go one better and get to grips with the key concepts of Psychology - it'll help you to come to grips with your fear.

Sooner or later, everyone questions their sanity.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I feel better already, some nice words

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I believe it is better to know what's coming down the line and be prepared

for it. The key is a slow introduction to world government, chemtrails,

depopulation, etc. If you look in to it too much it will overwhelm you

and you'll not want to know anymore. You always have to remember though

that there is a lot of lies mixed in with the truth, its called COINTELPRO, so

you have to be careful who or what you believe. The more you know about

what's going on the less scared you will be in the future when some of the

things come true. The way it is now its like everything that happens is so

boring because the powers that be write about long before it actually

happens. Anyways, don't freak out and give your self some breathing

time to take it all in

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Maybe you're paranoid...But are you paranoid enough?

Yeah, ignorance is like virginity...Once you've lost it there's no getting it back. At least, you can't go back to ignorance with anything less than Alzheimer's, brain-burn from drugs/alcohol, or a good whack upside the head with a sledgehammer.

Still, as Roy Rogers has been quoted to say, "Everybody's ignorant...Only in different subjects."
Still, when your ignorance has been lost, it will eventually raise the question, "What am I gonna do about it?" Well, then you've got to be ready for even more education...The kind that can teach you how to best do what you're going to do.

Experience may be the best teacher, but she's a harsh one...She always gives the test first & the lesson afterwards. So it's best to be educated so that you do better on the test & learn the lesson more smoothly.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
We do live in a more complicated world than in the past. Our technology not only helps our lives, but poses a threat to our lives as well (advanced techs used by militarys).

ATS is a valuable resouce for learning and hashing out ideas.

People do need to become more aware and informed as to make better descisions.

Too many people worry about their next haircut and trust those in control.

Intelligence breeds knowledge. Knowledge not put to use is as useless as not having it in the first place.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FaxMachine

It is the fault of the mainstream that we are made to fret over possible threats to our mental wellbeing, when in reality most of those "threats" are perfectly localised and are... "Glitches" in our mental development.

For someone like yourself with a "good" I.Q, it's unsurprising that you would have a few so-called "glitches".

You could infact say that the more intelligent a person is, the more likely he is to suffer from one mental "glitch" or the other.

Hench the "Mad Scientist" stereotype.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
However, one must not lose hope.

These "Glitches" can be overcome, given time.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It's amazing how this big world of the past has become a very small world thanks to the INTERNET. What people here are saying is true. You have to do your own research, not just read and believe. When I first started reading ATS I was like " What the hell is this place " and " " These people have lost their mind ", but then I got involved and researched and found out that it's just a bunch of normal guys and gals searching for answers. Some go overboard with theories, but it's still information you have to dig through and sort out. With your IQ I think you'll be fine. Just don't believe everything you see and read in here. Go investigate it yourself.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
A T S one of the biggest communities on the web, the information that passes through these doors is incredible, to some its a game of build the points, which is fair enough, but not at the expense of what the site is really here for, More and more people are finding themselves clamming up because of the bad manners of some replies, sometimes it feels personal and aimed towards the OP, i know ive been on the end of abusive replies as have many posters,

Is ATS bad for you? in a way it is, because when you first start to dig into threads, and get a chance to keep to the topic you begin to absorb and panic inside, this i found began to wear off as my brain processed the information, id go back and read again with more detail and going to links, and more fear came, but i began to understand, not all of it is true, it is peoples opinions, when on the odd occasion evidence comes along to support something, i got excited and absorbed again , along with a lot of others.

It can make you feel swamped and intimidated at first, but then you share your opinion and it begins to get a lot better, I can tell you one thing however, i know maybe 95% of the regular users on here would react a lot differently now towards conspiracy, or huge disasters, terrorist attacks ECT, and just because of ATS, it prepares you and conditions you without you even knowing it.

I long for the day when evidence comes along that proves without doubt that UFO's are real and not man made, i want that day to come so badly so the people who wont even open to flying machines without wings, that can vanish or do incredible feats, i want to see their reactions, i want to see what they do without answers, and have to accept reality, On that day i think ATS will be the place where members will come for the answers that will be needed, so in a way its both bad and good for you.

See you even get bored to death by rantings.

wow went on a bit huh

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'm on the ignorance is bliss boat.

The more you know, the more people you see who do not see things in a like manner. And it leaves you to wonder why.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It can be bad for you if you are unable to analyse what you read and be able to discern opinion from fact. It is very easy to believe these conspiracies and accept them to be true; it is human nature to accept information on a new subject to yourself as true.

I recommend a strong dose of reality and when you consider worldwide conspiracies, go and work for a government department of some kind and understand the nature of incompetent bureaucracy. The idea of these massive secret conspiracy melt away in the large part when faced with human incompetence.

Only accept information here if it has valid proof.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It's an example of 'central tendency' or of over-exposure.

Another name for it is 'Medical Student's Disease'.

People working in the Emergency Department with its 5 or 6 serious injuries and accidents per shift (or more) see the wrold as a more dangerous place than it is.

Can it be bad for you?

This was your brain before ATS - 150 I.Q.
This is your brain after ATS - 8 spelling mistakes in a 7 line post.

Proof Positive, as Amanda Tapping would say.

(just teasing)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FaxMachine

I think you should stop going to ATS altogether, or at least cut down.
Life exists outside internet, also outside ATS.

Even when judgment day comes tomorrow, what will you do, being paranoid about it? No, you should enjoy your life, you should enjoy the present.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I understand where your coming from with this paranoia, the best thing you can do – an this always helps, is not to let this stuff get into your head. What ever you read on ats won’t actually affect you physically. You can read all the BS you want, article after article but at the end of the day you still have to go to work and live your life.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I think it all depends on how seriously you want to take it and perceptionalize it. If you feel it has negatively impacted you, it is probably time for a break.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I just joined ATS few days ago
I feel enlightened and see things differently. ATS is obviously good, it saves us from being manipulated by tyranny.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I have found it is best to be wary of indulging in fear. Also I have found for myself, that conspiracy theories are best perceived as creative mind exercises. Use them as a way to keep an open mind, however be critical of every nook and cranny. A spook may find it's way in.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
As long as you can think for yourself, ATS isn't bad for you.

If you are getting paranoid, or at least distrustful, of the government then that is actually a good thing. Government all through history have deceived their populations in one way or another and it is idiotic to think that present governments aren't capable of the same.

The U.S. Constitution was made partially for the very reason that governments are not to be trusted.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join