It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Poverty Act S.2433

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This is a link to the purposes and founding documents of the goals and enforcement on UN charters and treaties. (PDF format) Read the first 10 pages and notice,if you can, through the legalese that all treaties, directives and resolutions and acords are to be considered as one or a whole, enforcable as such.

\untreaty.un.org...=none

Our present congress tells us that if adopted,(S.2433), we will be bound by this and our sovernty will be superceded.According to Constitutional scholars though, this is not the case.Link below

www.unwatch.com...

Since our government is hell bent on ignoring this, Disarmament as well as world courts will under a Democratic rule be seen as the rule of law no matter what others think or do to try to convince us otherwise. We will be forced to adhere to the Kioto accords and the carbon tax to the UN. The UN small arms agreement, as well as UN courts. Our own government will do they're bidding. If the law is not passed, we will have some foothold to stop the rest of the UN's agenda.

So what I am saying and have been saying in this whole thread, is that every UN resolution, act, or accord is enforcible as a whole and are connected by that fact.We as a people, have to fight this in what ever manner available. Knowledge passed on here at ATS goes towards that goal.

Zindo

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wytworm

I totally agree, it has been class vs class forever. I was actually referring to something along the lines of the French Revolution though. Where it gets ugly and we put the middle class in the town square (on TV now or the net) and torture them or worse kill them.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
There are plenty of people of all backgrounds that need help right here in the United States. I don't have a problem with helping the people of the world in cases like the Chinese earthquake or the Myanmar cyclone, but when it comes to every day types of things I want to know that the bridge my wife drives over on the way to work isn't going to collapse, that the family down the street with the autistic son isn't going to go hungry so that he can get therapy and medication, and that the homeless sleeping under the bridge my wife drives on might actually get the help they need to rejoin society and start their life anew. The fact is that we are never going to win the hearts and minds of the majority of the Islamic population of the world. If it were possible, helping them overthrow the Soviets in Afghanistan would've done the trick. Or maybe all the times we helped after natural disasters. Or how about the fact that they can come here and worship as they choose, bad mouth us all they want, and never fear for their lives or their family's lives. Or maybe, just maybe they would stop holding back on oil production while openly admitting they have a target price of $200 per barrel. Whether the liberals want to admit it or not, that part of the world is stuck with an 8th Century mentality and shows no signs of moving beyond it (or even wanting to do so). On the other other hand, whether the neo-cons want to admit it or not, we are not going to be able to militarily dominate a people who are willing to die for their beliefs. The best way to neutralize Iran, Osama, et. al. is to develop replacements for oil and render that part of the world economically irrelevant. As soon as the money drys up and they need us more than we need them, I'm sure the transformation in their attitudes and behaviors towards us will be amazing. In the mean time, we need to support Israel so that we have a buffer against any rogue elements in the area. And before anyone brings up the Palestinians, I'll just go ahead and say this, "I don't care." You thought you could destroy Israel with war and it didn't work. You thought you could destroy Israel with mass murder bombings and other fatal mayhem and it didn't work. The Palestinians made their bed and now they have to lie in it. I think the most telling fact about the "plight" of the Palestinians is that not one other Arab country has offered any territory or even encouraged Palestinians to assimilate into their society. Even the Arabs keep the Palestinians at arms length in refugee camps on their borders.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by passenger

Originally posted by wytworm
I would have thought it would be easy to materialize concrete evidence that the UN has a Constitution overturning agenda given the plethora of apparently unsubstantiatable claims for the same made on this thread and others. I suppose I was hoping for too much.

Do you really think the U.N. is just going to put out a flier in bold-face print that says:"We intend to take guns away from everyone on Earth and tax the bejeezus out of the U.S. and other industrialized nations - effective immediately"? C'mon.

Of course the information is hard to find. It's intentionally made confusing and obtuse. Everything is buried in piles of verbiage and cross-referenced so that it's almost impossible to find a smoking gun. The U.N. may be crazy but they're not dumb ( al least not that dumb).Conspiracies of any sort generally require a bit of secrecy and they surely know how the game is played.

Thats not really convincing. I don't disbelieve you but you certainly aren't offering anything believable either.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by wytworm]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
There are plenty of people of all backgrounds that need help right here in the United States. I don't have a problem with helping the people of the world in cases like the Chinese earthquake or the Myanmar cyclone, but when it comes to every day types of things I want to know that the bridge my wife drives over on the way to work isn't going to collapse, that the family down the street with the autistic son isn't going to go hungry so that he can get therapy and medication, and that the homeless sleeping under the bridge my wife drives on might actually get the help they need to rejoin society and start their life anew. The fact is that we are never going to win the hearts and minds of the majority of the Islamic population of the world. If it were possible, helping them overthrow the Soviets in Afghanistan would've done the trick. Or maybe all the times we helped after natural disasters. Or how about the fact that they can come here and worship as they choose, bad mouth us all they want, and never fear for their lives or their family's lives. Or maybe, just maybe they would stop holding back on oil production while openly admitting they have a target price of $200 per barrel. Whether the liberals want to admit it or not, that part of the world is stuck with an 8th Century mentality and shows no signs of moving beyond it (or even wanting to do so). On the other other hand, whether the neo-cons want to admit it or not, we are not going to be able to militarily dominate a people who are willing to die for their beliefs. The best way to neutralize Iran, Osama, et. al. is to develop replacements for oil and render that part of the world economically irrelevant. As soon as the money drys up and they need us more than we need them, I'm sure the transformation in their attitudes and behaviors towards us will be amazing. In the mean time, we need to support Israel so that we have a buffer against any rogue elements in the area. And before anyone brings up the Palestinians, I'll just go ahead and say this, "I don't care." You thought you could destroy Israel with war and it didn't work. You thought you could destroy Israel with mass murder bombings and other fatal mayhem and it didn't work. The Palestinians made their bed and now they have to lie in it. I think the most telling fact about the "plight" of the Palestinians is that not one other Arab country has offered any territory or even encouraged Palestinians to assimilate into their society. Even the Arabs keep the Palestinians at arms length in refugee camps on their borders.

I am with you, but I think that they should raise it as high as they want per barrel. What the hell should they care what it does to us? That is our problem to solve.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The way things are going in the U.S. we will be a third world nation by the time any of this legislation comes to pass. I have tried to tell others that Obama is no better than any of the other canidates. They talk about how exciting this election is turning out to be, but really it is the biggest waste of time in U.S. history.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Anonymous- The Palestinians are refugees. They were moved out of their homes and have nowhere to go. The other Arab countries should't have to take them in. They should get their homes back. I think your "I don't care" comment says alot about you.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yourrolemodel

The palestinians never existed as a nation of people till the '60's. They where Nomadic. BBC and the Dutch news agency named them 'The Palistinians' in a series of articles about they're plight and being shunned by the rest of the Arab world. They NEVER had a homeland. For the most part they roamed Syria and Lebonon. You can't be refugees if your a nomadic tribe. The only place they are refugees from are the other Arab nations. They are and where a conglomeration, not a nation!

Zindo

[edit on 5/22/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

The palestinians never existed as a nation of people till the '60's. They where Nomadic. BBC and the Dutch news agency named them 'The Palistinians' in a series of articles about they're plight and being shunned by the rest of the Arab world. They NEVER had a homeland. For the most part they roamed Syria and Lebonon. You can't be refugees if your a nomadic tribe. The only place they are refugees from are the other Arab nations. They are and where a conglomeration, not a nation!

Zindo[edit on 5/22/2008 by ZindoDoone]

This is just outright wrong. You can do your own historical research, I am not interested in that part since I already, know. I just wanted to point out that even if you adopt the premise that the area now called Israel was inhabited by a group of people who were nomadic, it is not correct or accurate to suggest that nomadic people have no homeland and therefore somehow have less rights to it by virtue of the fact that they are nomadic.

Given the history of how the US was settled, it is easy to understand how such mis-conflations occur and why they are so comfortable, if absolutely incorrect.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by wytworm]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The cost in money of Obama’s Global Poverty Act is not the only problem. The bill requires the President: "acting through the Secretary of State, and in consultation with the heads of other appropriate departments and agencies of the United States Government, international organizations, international financial institutions, the governments of developing and developed countries, United States and international nongovernmental organizations, civil society organizations, and other appropriate entities, shall develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to further... the reduction of global poverty, the elimination of extreme global poverty, and the achievement of the Millennium Development Goal".

The "international organizations" and "international nongovernmental organizations" and "other appropriate entities" are of course the United Nations; the same institution that has a record of corruption, bad judgment and anti-Americanism.

In 2000 the United Nations established a “Millennium Development Goal” (referred to in the Global Poverty Act) having among its provisions: a "currency transfer tax," (a tax imposed on companies and individuals who must exchange dollars for foreign currency); a "tax on the rental value of land and natural resources"; "royalty on worldwide fossil energy projection -- oil, natural gas, coal"; "fees for the commercial use of the oceans and fees for airplane use of the skies", fees for use of the electromagnetic spectrum", "fees on foreign exchange transactions", and a "tax on the carbon content of fuels".

The Millennium Development Goal also includes: a "standing peace force," (that is, a United Nations army); a "UN arms register of all small arms and light weapons," (which would enable guns to be regulated or confiscated in contradiction to the 2nd Amendment of our Constitution); "peace education," to be offered "at all levels from preschool through university"; and "political control of the global economy." All this would be done by the UN General Assembly because in addition to all else, the Goal includes "strengthening the United Nations for the 21st century" by "eliminating" the veto and permanent membership in the Security Council. (Note: the third world holds a majority in the UN General Assembly.)

The Millennium Development Goal also proposes: "eradication of poverty" by the "redistribution [of] wealth and land," cancellation of "the debts of developing countries, and "fair distribution of the earth's resources."

The United Nations Millennium Development Goal resembles the goals developed and implemented by the totalitarian Nazi regime in Germany under Adolph Hitler.
This is the part that really scares me besides the oppressive taxation by the UN

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

yes and vote republican and get conscripted, go chase oil and invade other countries for oil.....fake terrorist acts, loose more rights (patriot act 2.0? maybe?).....time for a change!!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

What fake terrorist act are you referring to?

Is the government using conscription?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

think about it. the u.n. passed 17 resolutions. they obviously wanted something done. and very conviently when someone stepped up to the plate they all yelled foul. there was a cease fire signed by hussien's representitives. this cease fire agreement was broken by him everytime a coalition aircraft was fired upon. one such act should have brought the wrath of god down on him but was not for reasons unknown. this went on for what, 15-17 years? come on get over with the bs that it was fake. there were valid reasons to do it..Saddam was stupid to tell everyone he was developing nukes and what not. now for me, once we had the bugger in custody the job should have completed. hell yes mistake were made, but once you break the egg the only option is fried or scrambled. it is a pisser to be sure. thanks folks. If drafted I will not run, If elected I will not serve.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drapan
There's nothing wrong with this. It's time for you (americans) to take your responsibility, I'm not saying you aren't helping people, but it's far from enough.

It's not like you would be the first to do it, even small countries like Sweden, does it and we have 9 million citizens and we're a welfare state (one of the top).

Also, Don't only think of yourselves, If you haven't noticed there's other people on this planet as well.

Is there a way to put a negative star on a post? If there were, this post would deserve it.

I could go into a specific, point-by-point refutation of this idiocy, but it's not worth my time. Let's just say the idea that America hasn't done enough for other countries is a questionable conclusion.

By the way, at which university are you enrolled?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball

yes and vote republican and get conscripted, go chase oil and invade other countries for oil.....fake terrorist acts, loose more rights (patriot act 2.0? maybe?).....time for a change!!

Do you see anything in my profile that says Republican???? If you think for one minute that the Democrats are any differant..wait and see. Your rights will disapear 'in the name of safety and the children' much faster. I would love to see your profound plan for our protection and how it would work. Please, enlighten us with your wisdom!!!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Excellent post, Anonymous ATS.

I encourage you to become a full-fledged member of ATS.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball

Conscription? Really? And just where did you hear that quote from any Republican??? Seems like the only ones that like to put that forward are Democrats.

Obama makes a buttload of promises giving away stacks of cash to every Swinging Richard. I just wonder where the money will come from? Oh yeah, the raising of the middle classes taxes, that's where!

I've always believed that charity begins at home. That money Obama wants to give away can help out here. He complains about the US being the "Global Police" but has no problem with the US being the "Global ATM".

[edit on 4-6-2008 by jerico65]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Actually, I am surprised at some people thinking this is a partisan thing, or that this is a reason to decide where to cast your presidential vote.

The damage is done. It doesn't matter who sponsored it, its in the hands of the CFR delegates now. This was NOT some spur of the moment thing. It has been on the agenda for a very long time.

Whether or not you feel that the US should subsidize UN initiatives in third world countries (and all that entails for those corporations who will be the paid executors of those initiatives!) I suggest you READ the proposed legislation.

You may find language that surprises you. Perhaps not.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wytworm

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

Zindo[edit on 5/22/2008 by ZindoDoone]

This is just outright wrong. You can do your own historical research, I am not interested in that part since I already, know. I just wanted to point out that even if you adopt the premise that the area now called Israel was inhabited by a group of people who were nomadic, it is not correct or accurate to suggest that nomadic people have no homeland and therefore somehow have less rights to it by virtue of the fact that they are nomadic.

Given the history of how the US was settled, it is easy to understand how such mis-conflations occur and why they are so comfortable, if absolutely incorrect.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by wytworm]

wytworm
Heres two links to the true history of the 'So Called Palestinian People'. If you wish to refute it please link to your proof.

Zindo
www.worldnetdaily.com...
www.peacefaq.com...

[edit on 6/5/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

No thanks. As I stated I am not your professor. I don't have a stake in your understanding of history. Not interesting.

What is your response to my post? Let me help:

even if you adopt the premise that the area now called Israel was inhabited by a group of people who were nomadic, it is not correct or accurate to suggest that nomadic people have no homeland and therefore somehow have less rights to it by virtue of the fact that they are nomadic.

Respond.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join