It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Ready For The End Of The World ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
here's a good site to help you get prepared:
www.millennium-ark.net...

just don't over react though...when it happens it happens...we can never be fully prepared.

~~++~~

Thanks

May i suggest most of the posts weren't
about Preparing for an End Of World scenario...
those posts mostly talked about REACTING to
some possible/eventual Dooms=Day?!?

scavanging their own little piece of a Mad Max world

theres an old time movement that revolved around
self-reliance & self-sufficiency...a back-to-earth lifestyle

rather than the Bunker/ Thunder Dome mentality

for enduring & thriving, you might want to begin now
by getting off-the-GRID, for example...

see:
www.readymaderesources.com...

got milk?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer
I heard somewhere they don't predict the Earth to end for another billion years.

well 5 billion...time left till the sun blows up or runs out of helium

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Faisca, just put me on your buddylist so you can see when I get on... no probs with IM's

Personally (from experience with lots of hunting, camping, and boyscouts) I'd stick more to medium earthtones. If you are REALLY worried about fashion, go blow some bucks on Eddie Baur (sp?). They make designer clothing that is actually functional. Black is ok, but if you are in an area where it can get hot, black is not good. Basically, think "on the move"... I really doubt a person would want to stay right where they were if any of the many scenarios happened... unless you have your own chunk of land away from civilization, that is.

Earthquakes=broken gas lines, fire, falling debri

Volcano=get the hell away, as fast as you can

attack=why would a civilian without massive armorments stick around for that?

God=no running... maybe you can play 'possum', but if he's that almighty he'd see ya, so I'd say you are screwed if he says so, no matter what.

Mormans=hey, you never know... I've been attacked my mormans before. (just kidding
)

I'd say a handgun would be nice to have concealed. If nothing else, it's easier to shoot a rabbit than chase it down with a knife (this I DO know from experience!)

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If the world was going to end, then doesn't that mean that NOTHING (including us) would exist so, how can you prepare? Now if you're talking about a nuke taking out half the planet, would you really want to survive? During the 80's and all the talk about nukes really freaked me out as a kid. I kinda made peace with it. I live less than 100 miles from a major port. I think if a nuke was coming and most of the world was dead, I'd haul butt TOWARDS the mushroom cloud.

Anyone remember the movie "The Day After"? Gave me the willies!

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Well... The end times could be many things... Revelation prophecy, a New World Order, Nuclear War, etc, etc. I don't think we're talking about the eradication of the human race, but something close to it.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Am I ready for the end of the world?

About as ready as anybody I live back in the woods, am self-relient and the Army taught me how to kill real well. I am surounded by family who feel the same as me and togather we are a fairly formidable force while at the same time low key.

Its better to not be seen by the tiger than to have to fight it to begain with

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Family is something I worry about when it all goes down. I don't know what to do about my family. I know that I could survive on my own in the wilderness (well a couple of friends and I all have the same mindset, so itll be us) but what to do about my family? I can't say stuff to them about it now cuz they'll think I've lost my mind, but I have so much family (close relatives) that it'll be hard for us to move around together and such.

Has anyone else given thought to this? Oh yeah, and what if it happens after I get married. That's double the worry.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by T-B0
Im not moving ill fight them if anything happens thats why ill start makin homemade weapons if sumthin starts happening.

LOL

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
my apologies for rattling off with distorted emotions.

tattoo,piercing and hip hop folks are cool I do admit. Probably one of the few people that would stand up for you if a jack booted police thug was beating on you.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Heres my view: whats the worst that could happen..you die? #, then you get to spend the rest of your life with God (hopefully, if you believe in him that is) and your family in Heaven (again, if you believe in it which I do). You know what I mean? That's all life is about, death is inevitable. It's hard to understand or take grasp on but.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm ready, I'm ready for the earth to purged of human scum. We destroyed the earth already, it will not be able to support human life forever now anyways. Dieing would be interesting. I also don't think that the end of the world is coming I just think you are paranoid, and I am ignorant.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
I know you guys might not want to talk about this, but what about weapons? I'm not talking assault rifles and bombs, I'm talking small handguns, swords even. I'm a collector of martial arts weapons, and know how to use most of them. I think if the end does start to come, with a police state and all, I'm gonna rely on being ninja-like stealthy and stuff (which is what everyone should probably do).

On another note, what about money? Tradeable stuff? There's another post discussing having gold and precious stones, but I'm really in no position to buy stuff like that right now. What do you plan on doing with regards to buying and selling, or trading, after the "sh*t hits the fan"?
Uhh if the world "ended" then no one would be alive so we wouldn't really need to be ninjas or prepared right?

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by Yessum]

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
are we talking about the end of the world or civilization? those are two diff things. if its the end of the world, well then theres not much to discuss. it will just be over. i wouldnt worry to much because everyone else would be gone to. so death in that sense wouldnt make anybody that special and nobody would have to worry about what happens.

the end of civilization is another story. you better be able to survive for yourself. that means actually working. then i would say i hope you have at least one skill so you can barter or something. maybe being a theif would be good. but based on most people in the world today who cant live without their cell phones, or ooo survivor on t.v. they would certainly not last that long. but dont feel bad for those people they will probably do it to themselfs.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ihatethisplace

the end of civilization is another story. you better be able to survive for yourself. that means actually working. then i would say i hope you have at least one skill so you can barter or something. maybe being a theif would be good. but based on most people in the world today who cant live without their cell phones, or ooo survivor on t.v. they would certainly not last that long. but dont feel bad for those people they will probably do it to themselfs.

~~++~~
'?maybe a theif would be good'?

no, being a theif would be risky, the rewards being
some easily carried/transported/traded trinket...the
negative side of this is: When caught, the penalty
would likely be Execution!!
**not a good Risk--Reward result**

The theivery trait also would not work because
when society is reduced to family, clan, or tribe units...
and the survival of the members is the paramount thing,
theft would be a capital? offense.

If you mean, stealing from other tribes, groups...
then your bringing the worst aspects of this corrupted
world into the aftermath world..
What about Negotiation? Trade? to attain or secure
the things you would steal for??

If you mean, you wouldn't actually steal, theive from others, but be cleaver enough to devise plots that
would gain a reward at anothers' expense, dismay....
then you have malfeasence in your core (soul-mind)
and would not be a 'trustworthy' person--->
therefore shunned, and only allowed to live on the
fringes, the perihiphery of the family/clan/tribe unit.

the theif is only a survivable lifestyle in groups larger
than villages or perhaps hamlets, but surely towns!

happy sunday morning to you.....

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by T-B0

How will any of you manage to survive under bad circumstances. Most of you have not even learned how to spell or punctuate correctly under ideal situations. Ignorance and stupidity will seal your doom, long before the more intelligent fall. Illiteracy is not cool, it's moronic, particularly when you're actually stupid enough to flaunt it publicly. This is the real world, not second life.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well, the way i see it is, if the world as we know it ends (and i say "as we know it" because i dont meen the world itself, i meen the world we know such as civilization) then you better be a survivalist.
Know how to live off the land, fish & hunt.

Set traps. Traps to catch animals, thieves and eventually to kill people (cause they are definately going to kill you).

Build shelters and other things such as rain catchers (for water), wind mills (for a small percent of electricity for many different uses),

Know how to make all sorts of weapons and have the material already in your possession (it wont be easy getting the stuff once it all goes down). Bombs, guns, RPG's, trip wires, mines, napalm ,, all these things would be a GREAT thing to know how to make because you are going to have to defend yourself, loved ones & your possessions from desperate people. Homemade weapons are very effective in times like these.

It wouldn't hurt to have a VERY TRUSTWORTHY group of friends, eventually even those friends will get desperate and betray you because it will get to a point that u won't be able to find food anymore, thats when cannibalism will kick in and you would have to protect yourself from desperate people wanting to eat you, even your friends will get hungry enough and come after you (in the end NOBODY is your friend no matter how much you trust them right now, even your own family could betray you during this time, desperation will always win).

Living in the woods would be the best place to be. But if and when this happens, EVERYONE will be running for the woods because the cities will become hell on earth, people killing, raping, gang wars, wars against the police and army, the police and army will become your enemies to protect the cowardly/scared politicians who are only trying to protect themselves for bringing this apon us all. The cities will basically be war zones, and the woods will become over crowded with refugees, all the animals will eventually be hunted down to till there is no more. So you better have a damn good fortification set up and ready for the desperately hungry people coming to take what you have and possibly eat you.

Having things to trade wouldn't hurt neither, it could help in keeping a social order amongst you and your neighbors. Money wouldn't do you any good, its worthless paper, might aswell use it for toilet paper. Things such as tools and water and food will be GREAT trading things (but you don't want to trade your weapons). But this trading wouldn't last very long, people will run out of things to trade, food will be gone (eventually from all the hunting in one area and all moving to a new area, eventually there will be no area to go to from all the refugees running into the woods).

All in all, we will all eventually kill ourselves off in desperation, all civilization will come down to trading, then to "hunting and gathering" as our ancestors did, then to desperate cannibalism (which is where all hell breaks lose and everyone kills each other off). You may live for awhile, but your going to suffer to the end.

This may all seem crazy, but its how it will go, you can't survive, thats why its called THE END. As much as you don't like to hear it, this could happen over night or in a short sentence I DECLARE WAR. As you all know, the American economy is collapsing, but what you all probably don't know, is THE ENTIRE WORLDS ECONOMY IS COLLAPSING. THIS is the first stage of the end of civilization people. When the economy collapses, money is worthless, its just paper, GOLD will be the only valuable thing, but do any of you have that much gold? NO !!, that was taken from us and put in the BANKS and the Federal Reserve. Right before the economy collapses (and you won't be warned) the government will call for ALL gold and precious metals to be handed over. Go ahead & give it to them, it won't help you when the economy collapses anyways. Who would want it? The End is here, BLAME OUR GOVERNMENT !!!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
There is no end only change. I am all in favor for change. We are on the wrong road right now.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
When i think about The End times i hope i die fast. I am to old for this shiiit. The once who survive will just populate the world for more wars and human disasters any way.

God has already given us a second chance and see what we have done with it.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Faisca

Originally posted by Faisca
Family is something I worry about when it all goes down. I don't know what to do about my family. I know that I could survive on my own in the wilderness (well a couple of friends and I all have the same mindset, so itll be us) but what to do about my family? I can't say stuff to them about it now cuz they'll think I've lost my mind, but I have so much family (close relatives) that it'll be hard for us to move around together and such.

Has anyone else given thought to this? Oh yeah, and what if it happens after I get married. That's double the worry.

I hear ya man. My family thinks I'm nuts. That includes my girlfriend, parents, step parents, 4/6 siblings, grandparents and I'm sure any others that I decide to try and persuade. Not to mention I have a baby, and that opens a whole new can of worms. It may sound cold, but when it all comes down, my only concern is my child. Let the naysayers (family or not) have their NWO. My dad always says things like "The only good part about banging your head against the wall, is it feels so good when you stop" and "you can lead a horse..." blah blah blah. Well, I tried, and am going to try more to enlighten them, but this is one time that I'm going to take his advice. My advice to you, as petty as it may be, is DO NOT HAVE A BABY. At least not until this whole mess blows over (if it does).

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Nerds]

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Nerds]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join