It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumsfeld On 2006 Election: "The Correction For That...Is An Attack"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Rumsfeld On 2006 Election: "The Correction For That...Is An Attack"

www.huffingtonpost.com

An ongoing exploration of the documents related to the Pentagon's "message force multipliers" program has unearthed a clip of former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld suggesting that America, having voted the Democrats back into Congressional power, could benefit from suffering another terrorist attack, and doing so in the presence of the very same military analysts who went on to provide commentary and analysis of the Iraq War.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Am I reading this right?

In order to stay in power, he is advocating that another attack like 911 could help them stay in power?

And this in front of a room full of people who were to go on and become talking heads in the iraq war?

The more I find out about these people, the more nauseated I get, especially when he talks about installing a benign dictator.

Is there now any doubt about the reason for the war that has claimed thousands upon thousands of lives on both sides - electoral ambitions.

shrub&co should be tried for their crimes.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Heh, I almost posted this, then thought, "Do I want to hear the usual bunch of gov guys screaming you're a bush-admin and America-hater DD!"

I think it's pretty obvious what he's implying:

What many of us are expecting--False Flag # 2, to keep these lunatics at the helm.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Well, my response is that disliking bush doesn't equate to disliking america or americans.

Then again, shrub is a pretty easy bloke to dislike.

This needs to be posted - it shows them for the insensitive, hypocritical warmongers they are.

False flag indeed - Look out iran.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It's not the first time those neo-cons are saying that 911 was good and they need another. This is really another proof that they were behind the first one, they are DISGUSTING.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Heh, I almost posted this, then thought, "Do I want to hear the usual bunch of gov guys screaming you're a bush-admin and America-hater DD!"

I think it's pretty obvious what he's implying:

What many of us are expecting--False Flag # 2, to keep these lunatics at the helm.

Oh, I'm sure Centurion, GELeo and Jsobecky will be here in moments to raise Holy Hell. Don't confuse them with facts, it hurts their brains and makes them angry.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It seems Rumsfeld and Jay Rockefeller are singing from the same hymn sheet. Remember this:

I really worry that the American people don’t worry. I really worry that, because there’s been no attacks since 9/11, that the American people have let down their guard. I really worry that the Department of Homeland Security is treated as a stepchild, um, in government, and is funded often as a stepchild in government. And that all of this bodes for our not being able to protect ourselves and to have these sort of day to day vigilance which is required psychologically and actually to be on a strong state of alert as we are in other parts of the world.

That extract comes from a dialogue Rockefeller was having with intelligence chiefs at a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing (timestamp: 2:54:41).

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
These people have created this scenario - of course they want to perpetuate it.

The gravy train has to keep on running after all...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

I'm not Centurion, GELeo or Jsobecky, but hey, I'll jump in what the hell.

I have a hard time thinking of the Huffington Post as being anything more than a National Inquirer for people with college degrees.

Just because they use big words, doesn't make them anymore credible. Oh I'm getting aheadache now...got to stop thinking about "facts"

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Rumsfelds chip went bad long ago.

I'm sure he thinks he said something diplomatic.

Where do people like these go when they die? Not normal hell.
And ever notice they seem to live forever? I suppose a good cleaning of the "C" drive, and they're good to go for another 20 years.

*Dont forget Semperfortis along with Jsobecky and the rest

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I can't get cooperativeresearch.org website tonight - but - it's well worth your time to try to bring it up yourself, try later on perhaps.

The reason I suggest this is they have a great 911 timeline and the only very detailed description of Rummy's words and actions, minute by minute as the 911 went down.

From what I remember - he was in the Pentagon giving a speech and made a prediction and BOOM! The WTC was hit - then he made another prediction about the Pentagon being hit and within minutes - BOOM!

I hope you can get the article up, it's long, detailed and a real ZINGER!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The thing that ticks me off is, these power hungry slobs are clearly trying to cause the US to be attacked again... and there's nothing we can do to stop them!

It's not THEM who are going to lose loved ones, it's people like you and I who have to suffer... meanwhile, these slobs get to send countless more people off to get killed, trying to kill another countless number of people who had nothing to do with the attack... just so these slobs can line their pockets again.

If this keeps up, the solution to the problem is going to be a very drastic one. Nobody wants to have to fight a war in their own country... but it's getting pretty darn close to that.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Rumsfeld is not advocating for another 9/11 attack.

Rumsfeld clearly said that the lack of a successful attack against the US or Europe has lulled the public into complacency that would be eliminated by another attack that would energize the public again against terrorism. He's talking about the same kind of complacency that enveloped the US in the years following the first WTC attack.

There is no other rational way to interpret his remark.

It appears that rationality is not a prerequisite for a journalist job at The Huffington Post.

Jason Linkins is either an idiot or a liar. A high school freshman could have interpreted Rumsfeld's remarks better than Linkins, therefore I could conclude that Linkins might actually be both an idiot and a liar.

This President's pretty much a victim of success. We haven't had an attack in five years. The perception of the threat is so low in this society that it's not surprising that the behavior pattern reflects a low threat assessment. The same thing's in Europe, there's a low threat perception. The correction for that, I suppose, is an attack. And when that happens, then everyone gets energized for another [inaudible] and it's a shame we don't have the maturity to recognize the seriousness of the threats...the lethality, the carnage, that can be imposed on our society is so real and so present and so serious that you'd think we'd be able to understand it, but as a society, the longer you get away from 9/11, the less...the less...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well atleast this time I will be watching very closely anything that happens. Definitley not like last time where I believed what they told me about 911 for 5 years.

People will most certainly be watching. Their story for the next attack will have to be nearly bullet proof if they want to fool everyone.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This is Rumsfeld's bedside manner at it's best.

Rumsfeld offers that the American people lack "the maturity to recognize the seriousness of the threats."

Is this the same maturity this administration lacked prior to the attack when Richard Clark and others were warning them of the impending attack with PDB's like the on of Aug. 6th, 2001 titled "Bin Laden determined to strike in the US"?

I guess Rumsfeld thinks that just because they lost an election, it is due to the ignorance of the public, but the truth is that the opposite is true, and they lost because we were the ones that did not take the threat seriously.

new topics

top topics

join