It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican says God May have created aliens too

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Vatican says God May have created aliens too

news.bbc.co.uk

The Pope's chief astronomer says that life on Mars cannot be ruled out.

Writing in the Vatican newspaper, the astronomer, Father Gabriel Funes, said intelligent beings created by God could exist in outer space.

Father Funes, director of the Vatican Observatory near Rome, is a respected scientist who collaborates with universities around the world.

The search for forms of extraterrestrial life, he says, does not contradict belief in God.
'Free from sin'

Just as there are multiple forms of lif
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The church is starting to release info, precursor of a bigger event to come perhaps? Comments?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I was watching the History Channel some time ago a there was Father that was a believer in the possibility of extraterrestial life. When he was ask how would he feel if someday we find out that there was another type of intelligent beings he answer strock a nerve with me because im also a believer of both.

To paraphrase his answer he said something along the lines of : " Would you imagine if we meet not one but many many civilizations and we are the only one that thats still debate the existance of a God when all the civilizations known are completely convinced by faith of have first hand knowledge of his existance".

Now on the other side their is the issue of what if we meet other civilizations and WE are the only one that believes in a supreme being. They would look at us the same way we look at other cultures that had many gods.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
IMO, it wouldn't take any leap of Faith to believe in the existence of ET's across the universe...It only takes a leap of logic. If God, as the Creator, made the universe with so many billions of star systems in each of numerous galaxies, and if Earth itself developed life (even as minniscule of a change though it may be) based upon the Natural Laws in an ecological biosphere, then why would there not be life anywhere else?

Of course, I would also contend that the pride of humanity might reason that we're the first intelligent life anywhere, but when it's considered just how old the universe is, I would also reason that there have probably been other intelligent life rise & fall throughout the course of time...Which would also mean that, if there is other life capable of traveling the void of space, it would have to also occupy the same frame of time as humanity in order for us to have any chance of encountering it.

All of what I've said has no basis in Faith, but logical reasoning...I've merely tried to explain myself without "humanity's pride" getting in the way.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Existing thread on the subject:

UFOs, Vatican

Please contribute to the ongoing discussion.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join