It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a Meta Tag spamming violation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
There is a thread, in Skunkworks, which has the post replaced with a T & C violation indication concerning 'Meta Tag Spamming'.

I understand the HTML meta tag concept and see that the thread description is actually placed in the meta tag 'Description' in the thread pages. The T & C mentions spamming and flooding using repetitive material but does not mention the term 'meta tag'.

Is this a way of stating that it is believed that the post is actually 'keyword stuffing' for a search engine? I did see the post before the content was replaced. Now the thread is a bit foggy without the original post. The thread title, I believe, is still worded as originally posted.

This is the Thread

What is meant by this type of violation?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
There is a thread, in Skunkworks, which has the post replaced with a T & C violation indication concerning 'Meta Tag Spamming'.

Is this a way of stating that it is believed that the post is actually 'keyword stuffing' for a search engine?

That's exactly what it means. The OP was crammed full of key words, comma delineated, ripe for the spiders...

Springer...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thanks for responding. Learned a bit more about T & C details.

join