It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father of the Year: Man buckles up beer, not child!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Father of the Year: Man buckles up beer, not child!

www.msnbc.msn.com

An Australian man has been fined after buckling in a case of beer with a seat belt but leaving a 5-year-old child to sit on the car’s floor, police said Tuesday.

Constable Wayne Burnett said he was “shocked and appalled” when he pulled over the unregistered car Friday in the central Australian town of Alice Springs.

The 30-can beer case was strapped in between two adults sitting in the back seat of the car. The child was also in back, but on the car’s floor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Something tells me this guy is going to catch hell when he gets home. Other sources claim that the driver was going to be let off with just a warning, but then the Constable noticed that the beer was Fosters and threw the book at him.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I won't try to justify the man's actions, but it has always seemed ironic to me that you can't drive around in your car with your kid unrestrained, but you can put an ill-fitting helmet on that kid, put him on the back of a motorcycle to hang on for dear life and ride around all creation without anyone batting an eye.

Aside from that the man really is a fine piece of work, driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle with his kid riding the hump and the beer buckled in.

In the US, I feel confident that Child Protective Services would be involved and father would be attending parenting classes until the court determined that he is a fit father.

[edit on 2008/5/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Ha!

Everybody knows that beer is far more important than a child.

I just love drinkers

new topics

top topics

join