It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before the sure worst possible death by sit X...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
...will you take your life with honor so that you can die not by what worst sit x has in store or coming for you? If so, how will you? If not, then are you saying you're the kind that thinks it's cowardly not to take what ever is in store or coming for you, even if whatever it is will bring you great agony that could last for who know how long as you try to survive till your last breath?

[edit on 14-5-2008 by Mabus]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

Mabus,
There's nothing noble or honorable about taking your own life. That's a long term solution to a short term problem. Whether we realize it or not, there's probably someone out there who need us for support, love, or friendship.

We're all unique in some way and contribute to the collective whole of humanity. We may not be able to divine it, but we were all put here for a reason.

Pain and agony are just parts of the condition we know as life. Sometimes life is neither fair or easy, but then sometimes it can be glorious. We should cherish every breath we take, be it our first or our last.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
cant and wont speak for the rest. The way I see it survivors survive at all cost. that means fighting for life til it is ripped from you. survivors don't lay down and die

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well said Angry!

That's exactly my thoughts.

A suicide is murdering yourself and the cowards way out.

A painful death isn't nice but I think in the long run it's better.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

I agree with Lloyd the warrior

My view: dont take your own life under any circumstances. There is always a more noble path to walk.

If the cause of the sitX is natural disaster, stick around and help rebuild.

If the cause of the sitX is tyranny and war, stick around and help fight. Die in battle if you need to; die a man's death.

As Jefferson said, make sure that you nourish the tree of freedom with the blood of tyrants and the blood of patriots (your own blood) should the need arise.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
Well said Angry!

That's exactly my thoughts.

A suicide is murdering yourself and the cowards way out.

A painful death isn't nice but I think in the long run it's better.

Though if you're going to physically die anyway, what's the difference?

One way can be so there is no agony. A person would be just stupid to choose agony even if not being stupid gets you labeled a coward. Why try so hard not to be considered a coward in a the worst case scenerio sit X when those other ppl there in facing agony shouldn't even care to pass a judgement when they are facing death themselves? Everyone's life is lived alone. And everyone dies alone.

And how is doing what you choose to with your own physical body murder?

[edit on 14-5-2008 by Mabus]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
A very simple thought seems to elude you my friend:

There are some things worth dying for.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I see what you're saying but its wild speculation to make a rash suicide just because you expect to die.
I think what you've said is defeatist and a bit lame.
SitX could be that you've got a chance to get the fck out of dodge and survive, not take the cowards way out.
On the other hand.
If a wall of water is coming towards you at XXX mph and is miles high I really think taking your own life by your own hand is still suicide, whether or not the impending doom.
Face the music and dance is what I say

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I think I know what your getting at.

Your saying that if you basically are totally screwed with some sort of mortal wound would you take your life?

Propably not because I agree with most of the people here about suicide being dishonorable, and anyways you could probably do some good before you die.

Like....
-If your in some sort of battle you could fight to the death

-Any other type of sitx you could write down all your klowldege about surviaval or any other thing

-You could try to comfort other dieing people or relatives

and there are also many other things you could do

top topics

join