It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any film makers out there?? Couple Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hello,

I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who could answer some questions...a couple of buddies and me are look to possibly start a production company. However, we have no film making experience what so ever. I have messed around with a little 80 dollar of mine here and there and kinda know the very basic basic skills but...here are some questions.

Our goal is to start making music videos for local bands to start...

On a low budget what do we need...

Camera advise?

Software?

Lighting?

We are all very creative and very computer skilled...we just want to look as good as possible while maintaining a low budget...we want to start small.

Any advice?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Why dont you start with some UTube spots? Even place them on all the known sites that are free? You could start getting reccognition as you build respect and a fan base. In the meantime go ahead and begin taking on the other monumentous task of building or buying a studio, getting the equiptment and setting up your connections?
Just some thoughts...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Almost all Univ. community colleges, Tech and vocational schools, Adult ed, have some sort of film/video production classes in the Communication dept. There may also be apprentice programs available thru your local TV station. One of the best learning experiences in video can be had thru Public Access of your local cable company.
Get some background in script writing/production/videography/editing etc.

There also are a lot of websites geared to the independent film maker.

such as....

www.ifilmalliance.com...

Try Barnes and Nobel in the Film section for "how to" books like "Video for Dummies" you might start there!

join