It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I noticed on the USGS page, the Alaska EQ swarm in the subduction zone (Rat Islands) is listed in red, even though the EQ's are in the 4.5+ range. If I remember correctly, EQ's 6.0+ were listed in red. At any rate, this is a very dangerous area. Further back in this thread, we posted a lot of information on a major quake off Adak that caused deadly tsunamis in Hawaii, etc.

AK EQ Swarm

Near Bishop, CA:

Magnitude 3.0 - CENTRAL CALIFORNIA
2009 January 18 15:10:16 UTC
37.285°N, 118.360°W
Depth 12.8 km (8.0 miles)
Region CENTRAL CALIFORNIA
Distances 3 km (2 miles) ENE (64°) from Wilkerson, CA
9 km (6 miles) SSE (161°) from Bishop, CA
12 km (7 miles) SE (138°) from West Bishop, CA
67 km (42 miles) SE (125°) from Mammoth Lakes, CA

I notice this EQ isn't on the CA/NV page, but on the USA page.

QA, I had the same right ear pains yesterday, probably 4 on a scale of 1 to 5. Log everything in a notebook, then every morning, go through the USGS lists of EQs and write them down. Eventually, you'll be able to make connections. It sounds like you are EQ sensitive. The Sierras, as in the Bishop EQ above, tend to cause a lot of pain for smaller mag EQ's.

[edit on 1/18/09 by kattraxx]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

kattraxx:

Question...did you always have sensitivity to EQ's throughout your life, or did it come on when you were older?

I would like to know...

due to the fact, that people that are sensitive - how in the world do you live with it?

How do you live with the pain and discomfort? My case may just be a lasting ear infection or something that comes and goes.

I will go ahead and post this next, though I am going to for now on, just email myself symptoms (as you suggested writing them down) - so that way there will be an undisputed time and date stamp on anything I am feeling.

The right ear pain, is more intense going into a major head throb on the right side to middle, but also I wanted you to know, I am starting to feel sick also with dizziness. I began gagging a few minutes ago.

I will say, if I am sensitive, I really don't want this...it is hurting too much.

One note (sorry mods - off topic) ..which is cool...2 deer came running through my yard this morning, never have seen them in my yard before, I have red foxes that I feed and see them often...but also even though it is cold out, one my ground hogs came out from hybrination too this morning and is out in the yard. My yard has been full of wild life this morning running around.

Okay, I will stop with all these posts, I will email myself for now on.

But I really would love to know the answer to my question Kattraxx. It would help me out a lot.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hi questioningall,

I think writing this down is good for us so we can compare. Maybe the ups and downs in pain right now are due to the ups and downs of what is going on underground.

It's funny as I am sitting here and writing and I look up to the top of this page area there are four numbers showing 2012, I know this is for the 2012 thread but maybe all this is something in the makings bringing us toward that date, I don't know but I do know I like to try and think out of the box and have an open mind toward just about everything.

Well, we all know it is time that will tell us what is what. Now or later we can only wait and observe.

I'm still waiting for what I had flashes of and there isn't EQ's known for those areas as far as I have seen, time will tell us.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

kattraxx:

Question...did you always have sensitivity to EQ's throughout your life, or did it come on when you were older?

I would like to know...

due to the fact, that people that are sensitive - how in the world do you live with it?

Well, I'm not Kat but why let that stop me from answering.

I think it's a little nature and a little nurture. My opinion is that everyone is sensitive to some degree (nature) but you have to sort of quiet down and tune in to become aware of it (nurture). For whatever reason, some people don't really have to do much quieting or tuning and nature pretty much whacks them over the head with symptoms for one reason or another.

Additionally, The more you focus on something in your life and/or the quieter you become, the more you can likely tune into things. Perhaps you didn't get symptoms this bad before because you weren't as interested in EQs and weren't focusing on them in general. Or maybe you have had a change in your life (illness, moved to a new location, etc) that has and triggered your abilities or amplified them.

My personal example goes something like this. I have always had ear tones. I have had them since childhood. Problem is, I had no idea what they were and just thought they were normal. Then I found out my Grandmother was EQ sensitive. Then I read an article on ear tones and EQs. This got me interested and I started paying closer attention to my tones but was still sort of distracted by 'life' and didn't really delve any deeper.

Then I got sick. Whole world flipped upside down. Had to leave my high stress corporate job and hectic lifestyle behind. Made massive changes on all fronts really. I re prioritized and looked inward and just sort of quieted down...and an amazing thing happened. My intuition sharpened up dramatically. My overall sensitivity to both the ear tones and the other little body symptoms increased. I started to follow eqs more closely as a sort of hobby (you know it's bad when the USGS map is your home page) and that allowed me to really tie it all together.

I've actually read similar stories of people getting new abilities or sharpening ones they already had due to illness or a concentrated effort of self focus via meditation or even just a change to a calmer lifestyle/job. You might want to look at what has changed in your life as these symptoms got worse.

As for how to live with them, I can't really answer as mine are not that annoying or uncomfortable except in short bursts. I will say this, I believe you can lessen them through various methods but that it is probably quite individualistic. I use a hybrid method of two techniques to address pains when I get them (neck and back of head are my trouble spots...U2U me if you are interested in the methods as it would make this long post waaay too long to describe).

As for your dreams, I have seen similar dreams on various other EQ/vision/prophecy sites over the years. Big red squares over SoCal are a popular theme. I don't doubt that you had it or that it has significance mind you. However, I think some people get dreams for events that are years away from happening, and some get dreams for events that 'could' happen but don't due to factors that would require a whole separate thread to discuss.
A very few get dreams that are for soon to happen events, but those seem to be few and far between.

My dreams tend to be highly symbolic, and in many cases are (IMO) just my subconscious and conscious minds re-hashing things that don't have any significance to the wider world. An ex girlfriend of mine however gets dreams for events that are about to happen all the time. Car accidents, wars, you name it. It's kind of freaky!

Post limit..what a windbag I am!

[edit on 18-1-2009 by soma_pills]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall
It's actually quite significant that your ear pain lessened around the time that 2.8 quake happened in your own state. While a mag 2.8 is nothing major in normal terms, there are not a lot of quakes in your region so it's worth noting. Also, if you notice pain lessening, note the time: for some people, it decreases before a quake hits,rather than exactly when it does.

About your dream... again, it's worth noting. It could be purely symbolic, or related to your focus on all things seismic, or it might have some premonitory basis. The other possibility (and one that some scientists are quite interested in these days) is the "parallel universe" or "multiple universe" concept. Dreams are sometimes odd things and perhaps we get glimpses of a "different" reality from the one we normally perceive.

In any case, better to note it down than have to say later "Oh, I wish I'd said something about that before it happened!" (I have one or two such cases logged in this thread...
)

Are we always sensitive, or does it come to us suddenly? Well, my own response is very similar to Soma's. If we all have some degree of sensitivity to begin with, the nature versus nurture factors are quite significant. For example, when I was a young boy I often had terrible pain in my ears. Mum told me that I used to scream with it, but most of the time the doctors couldn't find any cause. As I got older it just cleared up by itself. But in some other ways, my sensitivity has strengthened over time, especially since my "rebirth" following a serious car crash back in 1988. It was as if my perceptions changed a great deal after that but perhaps it was just because I had a greater appreciation of life and took more notice of things. Hard to say.

However, I can tell you that many people I know who have "discovered" some forms of sensitivity have had this happen after a major, traumatic event of some kind -- a serious illness or accident, loss of a loved one, or perhaps losing their home in a disaster of some kind -- something that really shook their life to its foundations. This is not always the case, but it seems to me that it's not an uncommon part of the story.

I understand what you say about not wanting it. I think a lot of us have felt the same way and perhaps still do. However, it's possible to learn to cope. That in itself can be a challenge but there are ways to deal with it.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by soma_pills

My personal example goes something like this. I have always had ear tones. I have had them since childhood. Problem is, I had no idea what they were and just thought they were normal. Then I found out my Grandmother was EQ sensitive. Then I read an article on ear tones and EQs. This got me interested and I started paying closer attention to my tones but was still sort of distracted by 'life' and didn't really delve any deeper.

Hey, thanks for your wonderful post.

I do want to say, aren't ear tones normal?

I have had ear tones all my life since I was a little kid, I have never said anything to anyone, as I have always thought everyone hears low frequency radio waves or something.

Are you telling me - that not everyone has those low radio tones?

I can't think of a time I didn't have those.

They are like those - emergency broadcast system tones and then like a silent kind of tone that come and last a few secs - sometimes a little longer.

I know I was given an email address to a woman on this site, but I still don't want to contact someone, before I am convinced myself about what is going on.
But is there a site about learning about tones and meanings?
I have never paid attention to the tones, they have just come and gone and I don't think about them afterwards, nor have I ever looked to see if they had meaning, due to getting them very often.

I have had times, that a noise/vibration has come to me that is so loud that my ear drums have hurt when at the same time there has been a vibration thing happen at the same time (that experience - both have always come together, never had one without the other). The vibration thing - is hard to explain it is as if I am next to a huge ringing bell that vibrates your inside completely. I have always been in a half wake/ half sleep state - but awake and feeling as if my ear drums are being pulled out of my ears. My ears will always hurt after those experiences.

I want to thank all here, for letting me talk out things that are happening, as I really feel that is what I need to do to understand what is going on - so I appreciate the responses, help, encouragement.

just small update- pain in right ear will not go away - it is bad and there is popping pressure. not nausa like earlier.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

I do want to say, aren't ear tones normal?

I have had ear tones all my life since I was a little kid, I have never said anything to anyone, as I have always thought everyone hears low frequency radio waves or something.

Are you telling me - that not everyone has those low radio tones?

As far as I know, not everyone gets them. Again, it may be a sensitivity thing. Maybe everyone can get them and some just aren't 'still' enough to hear them. Maybe some people get them but they just don't register as something to pay attention to, so they don't. I have described them to people before and had them look at me like I was N.V.T.S. nuts (a little History of the Wold humor there...) so I assume they didn't get them. I can remember asking my Mom and she doesn't seem to get them.

The most interesting theory I've seen relates to the tones originating from quartz being crushed at depth as plates shift, but I can't for the life of me find the link right now.
If you Google ear tones earthquake you'll see plenty of discussion and opinions.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by soma_pills

Thank you - I really appreciate all your info. I might just ask a few people - friends if they get those low frequency type ear tones. Great experiment and investigation for me.

I just asked my daughter - 9 years old, she said she gets them all the time, used to get them more often, now, not as often, but she does gets them.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by soma_pills

I'm going to hazard a guess and say SF Bay Area to off shore NorCal (Eureka area) sometime in the next 48 hours. Not sure on magnitude. I would think off shore would be 5+, on land maybe 3.8+. Still learning to read the tea leaves but this is my best guess for a prediction.

Hmmmm, I think this may be the quake I was picking up on. Something larger could still happen in my window and I don't consider this one a hit due to the mag and the fact I thought it would be offshore if this close to Eureka.

The weird thing is, my Firefox EQ widget shook my screen and said 3.4 Northern California. Then it shook again and said 3.0, then it shook AGAIN and said 3.0 again. I was posting something and by the time I looked at the USGS map all I saw was this single 3.0?

Magnitude 3.0
Date-Time

* Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 22:27:55 UTC
* Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 02:27:55 PM at epicenter

Location 40.962°N, 123.543°W
Depth 25.3 km (15.7 miles)
Region NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
Distances

* 14 km (9 miles) ENE (62°) from Willow Creek, CA
* 29 km (18 miles) SSE (151°) from Weitchpec, CA
* 39 km (24 miles) ENE (76°) from Blue Lake, CA
* 55 km (34 miles) NW (323°) from Hayfork, CA
* 56 km (34 miles) ENE (70°) from Eureka, CA
* 321 km (200 miles) NNW (327°) from Sacramento, CA

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hello from Eastern Pa, Berks County.
My dog is acting really weird 1/18/09 and this morning too 1/19/09. He is an inside dog and is 1/2 St. Bernard 1/2 pit bull.

Last 12 - 18 hours will not come back into the house unless lead in (almost dragged in) . Clearly does not want to be inside at all. Its been too cold here to leave him outside for more than half an hour or so . This is strange for him as he always wants in to check his food dish.

Maybe he is just sick or something, but I thought it would be better to post rather than wait till later.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lunchmanstan
Thanks for your post. Have you heard of anyone else in your area whose animals are also acting strangely? Neighbors, friends, relatives, etc? Something else worth checking is any increase in reports of lost dogs/cats. I've read that sometimes animal shelters get an increase in calls from people looking for lost pets for no "obvious" reason, then sometimes there's a quake shortly afterward. Doesn't have to mean there'll be a quake of course but there are some correlations.

Regards,

Mike

[edit on 19/1/09 by JustMike]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Bingo.

Magnitude 5.1 - OFF THE COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA SUR
2009 January 19 23:50:47 UTC

22.712°N, 111.077°W
Depth 10 km (6.2 miles) set by location program
Region OFF THE COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA SUR
Distances 122 km (76 miles) W (261°) from Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico
125 km (78 miles) W (264°) from Cabo San Lucas, Baja Calif. Sur, Mexico
148 km (92 miles) WSW (256°) from San Jose del Cabo, Baja California Sur, Mexico

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
More rumblings near Tres Pinos.

Magnitude 3.8
Date-Time

* Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 06:06:00 UTC
* Monday, January 19, 2009 at 10:06:00 PM at epicenter
* Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 36.695°N, 121.327°W
Depth 6.3 km (3.9 miles)
Region CENTRAL CALIFORNIA
Distances

* 11 km (7 miles) S (184°) from Tres Pinos, CA
* 18 km (11 miles) SSE (159°) from Hollister, CA
* 22 km (14 miles) NE (50°) from Chualar, CA
* 88 km (54 miles) SE (145°) from San Jose City Hall, CA

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Hey, I want to say, first Sunday, my right ear pain was tremendous all day - in fact I was not able to do much of anything - as the pain was overwhelming and went into my neck and head..my poor daughter - had no fun that day. It had gone away yesterday morning - did not wake up with it.

Today..I just wanted to say, my left ear has had pressure - not painful...but it just not popped for some reason and keeps popping from pressure...I feel like I am ascending in a plane and having to yawn etc. to keep my ears clear. My right ear is popping with pressure too.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
So what's up with this...if you go to RSOE right now and zoom in on Greece and Turkey, there are more than a dozen quakes shown for the last 2 days. Not to mention a 4.9 in Spain. Now go to the USGS page and see how many are shown.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Magnitude 3.1 - GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIFORNIA
2009 January 22 20:46:58 UTC

34.206°N, 118.556°W
Depth 6 km (3.7 miles)
Region GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIFORNIA
Distances 2 km (1 miles) WNW (282°) from Reseda, CA
4 km (2 miles) N (356°) from Tarzana, CA
4 km (2 miles) SSW (213°) from Northridge, CA
18 km (11 miles) ESE (113°) from Simi Valley, CA

Near Northridge.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Don't be too surprised by this.
There are often discrepancies between what is shown on the USGS world map and what we can find on other sites. Spain is a good example, actually. Quakes in that region rarely seem find their way on to USGS maps, even when they meet or exceed the mag 4.5-plus level that exists for non-US quakes on the world map. Some way back in the thread I hinted that there might be political influences at work vis-a-vis what is shown for Spain, but on the other hand it might be a matter of how good the reporting is from there.

As we know, what USGS shows for Canada is also less than what can be found on other sites. I used to find it odd that quakes seemed to more-or-less stop at the Canadian border (while the fault lines don't
), but on the upside it gives us another reason to hunt for our data from various sources.

To be honest, I still use USGS as my main data source most of the time. Even though I've sometimes been quite critical of this organization (and doubtless will be again in the future where it's warranted), they do supply a lot of data -- just not as consistently as we might like. Put it this way, it would be a lot harder to do our research if they shut down. RSOE has its good points but it also is not very reliable in stating locations of events, so I wouldn't use them as a definitive source in any case.

We can always hope that now there is a new Administration in place in the US, it might lead to some changes in the way various organizations are run.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I did temporarily forget about that 4.5 limit on the world map for the USGS...d'oh!

That said, the Spain quake was a 4.9 when I saw it, but now it's gone from the RSOE site as well. Maybe it was just a P-wave artifact.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yes, that 4.5 limit for non-US quakes has caught me out a few times as well.

As for the no-longer-available Spanish quake, it might have been a teleseismic effect. We'd have to have the precise time for that 4.9 in order to check and see if there was a biggish quake somewhere in the world within about 15 minutes prior. Did you happen to get a screen shot of any data?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hmmm... Decent sized Alaska quake:

Seeing as scientists say that larger quakes in Alaska can produce quakes in the Yellowstone region it might be worth keeping an eye on things. Also, I believe this new Alaska quake would be located on or near that subduction boundary, so it's also of some concern in that regard.

Mike

Edit. Yep, it is near the subduction boundary:

(All images from USGS. Extra data added to map by the author of this post. Images reproduced for informational purposes only.)

[edit on 24/1/09 by JustMike]

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join