It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thanks, JustMike. I'll try to keep ya'll posted on the critter behavior, weather and any shaking that goes on here on the central coast. It sure has felt like EQ weather lately, but luckily so far, so good.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Magnitude 2.4 - CENTRAL CALIFORNIA
2009 January 14 17:57:34 UTC
Pinnacles

Geothermal areas still very active. So still expecting that 4.0 in California before the 15th. My guesses as to location would be around San Simeon to Coalinga (I'm still on that area), or the CA/NV Sierras around Bridgeport, Long Valley and Ridgecrest areas, and lastly, in the Big Bear/Yucca Valley/Mojave region.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I wanted to add, to the fact that clouds can be precursors to EQs also, there seems to be information of that on various websites.

Here are some links about clouds and what they do, due to water vaporization etc. as precursors.

This one is a long explaination:
www.earthquakesignals.com...
from the above website:

I have been predicting earthquakes since June 20, 1990, when I observed a long line-shaped cloud with a tail pointing in the northwest direction. 18 hours later, a magnitude 7.7 earthquake struck Iran, and killed or injured 370,000 people. Because the earthquake was the only one bigger than 7 to the northwest of my hometown Hangzhou (30.3 N, 120 E), China, for 333 days from May 31, 1990 to April 28, 1991, I believed that there must be a strong relationship between the cloud and the earthquake. As long as the epicenter was not located by Kagida's law, but on where the cloud's tail pointed toward, I believed that the method of earthquake clouds should not have been abandoned. Since I heard no report of a successful prediction, I felt my duty to develop the method.

According to more than 100 cases of my reliable records and predictions, earthquakes always follow within 49 days of the appearance of the cloud. The other 9 predictions were incorrect due to my inexperience and inability to determine the precise origin of an earthquake cloud. For example, the 6.2 Mexico earthquake on January 30, 1995 * had been predicted in Southern California just by my estimate, but the probability including the missed place is only 5.6 %.

When you read the above site, you will find - the fact of seeing clouds (from my understanding - as I posted on the previous page from a sat pic - from Monday) there is a 30 day time period of a large earthquake.

good site here with pic (the pic on the right is like the ones that happened around the U.S on Monday) :
www.meteoquake.org...

this site, has almost exactly the clouds I got on video - Monday:
www.terraresearch.net...

another informative site: www.ntsomz.ru...

yet another in researching temps and clouds etc:
www.gisdevelopment.net...

These are some links to photos of EQ clouds
pinewooddesign.co.uk...
www.uisoftware.com...

I am inserting the pictures from the website above right now. I will then put my videos on youtube and then put them in here in a later post. But also see the infared clouds from Monday of this week, that I got from weather.com. I found the clouds all had the same look as the earthquake clouds in these pics. You can see the look from the satellite even.

Now look at the satellite from Monday 1/12/09 - now the scientist who have studied earthquakes has said within 30 days of seeing these clouds quakes happen.

underground water percolates into the crevices. Its expansion, contraction, friction and chemistry further reduce the cohesion. Friction heats the water and eventually generates vapor at high temperature and high pressure. The vapor erupts from an impending hypocenter to the surface through the crevices, and rises up. It forms an “Earthquake Cloud” on encountering cold air, or dissipates part of a cloud to form a cloudless space, denoted Geothermal Eruption or “Geoeruption”. The both have two basic properties: sudden appearance with heat and pressure, and a fixed vapor source in the ground, by which they can be distinguished from weather phenomena. Afterward, the yield strength of the rock drops sharply. Once it drops sufficiently, the rock yields or an earthquake occurs.

An earthquake can be predicted by three reasons. First, the tail of a vapor precursor points toward an impending epicenter, so the epicenter can be predicted. Second, the bigger the mass of the vapor, the larger the magnitude, so the magnitude can be predicted by comparing the mass with formers, whose magnitudes are in an earthquake catalog. Third, a statistic among over 500 events shows 112 days as the longest duration from vapor eruptions to relevant subsequences and 30 days as the average, so the time can be predicted.

above from site: en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 14-1-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ok, I thought these clouds were very interesting and different on Monday.
I took the videos, as I had been reading about clouds and earthquakes and volcanos. Clouds from what one expert says - can show up 30 days in advance of an earthquake that shows the earth emitting gases etc. I have then thought maybe Yellowstone is emitting gases, vaporization that could cause the clouds to look as they did on Monday. Look at that weather.com pic, I provided in another post earlier. The clouds even in the thick of the snow/rain still showed separation even in the satellite.

Here are 2 videos I took.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by soma_pills

Also, just saw this 2.6 in NV near Lovelock. Screen shot in case it gets deleted.

And it's gone.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Hey Questioningall,

Thanks for the info on the earthquake clouds... but it's been discussed to death in here.. we know about them and see them from time to time.

Might I suggest taking some time to familiarize your self with the thread.. just so we don't get a bunch of duplicate info on here.

we know about the clouds.
we know about the water.
we know about animals.

thanks!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by soma_pills

you know, I have noticed this more now than ever... our EQ data is becoming kinda un-reliable.

they are removing or simply not posting eq's in larger numbers.

like that 4.whatever that happened here in bc the other day... not listed ANYWHERE aside from the Canadian seismology page.

one thing I will say is clear is that the pac plate is moving under Northamerica, which is why we are seeing such shallow quakes in the mountain ranges. they are getting taller no doubt.

anyways, keep up the good work.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pynner

Hey Questioningall,

Thanks for the info on the earthquake clouds... but it's been discussed to death in here.. we know about them and see them from time to time.

Might I suggest taking some time to familiarize your self with the thread.. just so we don't get a bunch of duplicate info on here.

we know about the clouds.
we know about the water.
we know about animals.

thanks!

Sorry, I was trying to show the clouds compared to the videos I took.

I was not trying to imply that you didn't know something. It seems that you are trying to tell me, that you would just rather not have any imput from me.

I won't bother you guys again.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I for one would like to thank you for posting the info and pics. I have heard of these clouds but have never seen a photo of them! I think your posts are always very informative and I say keep up to good work!! Some of us appreciate it!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pynner

I like to think that some of the deletes are for valid reasons. P-wave from a distant quake triggering a false reading for example. But the fact that certain areas seem to be hotbeds for deletes just seems odd. Why Nevada so darn much?

Having not gone through the entire thread, has anyone ever emailed the USGS? I'm 0 for 1 with emails to them but would be happy to see what the official word is if no one has asked before.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

what? why would you leave? I didn't say that..

I just don't want the thread to backtrack with stuff discussed already..

wanna stay focused on the topic.

but you dont have to go anywhere.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by soma_pills
reply to post by pynner

I like to think that some of the deletes are for valid reasons. P-wave from a distant quake triggering a false reading for example. But the fact that certain areas seem to be hotbeds for deletes just seems odd. Why Nevada so darn much?

Having not gone through the entire thread, has anyone ever emailed the USGS? I'm 0 for 1 with emails to them but would be happy to see what the official word is if no one has asked before.

for sure.. I do agree some are legit deletes...

but

Nevada/Utah are interesting ones..
the one off the west coast is an odd one, it still doesn't show up anywhere.

general side note:

and I have to say, being "ill" as I am has really messed up some of the precursor abilities..
I can't tell what is what

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
was wondering if someone can post these images:

earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca...

earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca...

I noticed on the southern bc one that the fault line between victoria and seattle is on the move.

oh.... and these didn't show up anywhere else but the canadian site:

2009/01/13 21:54:03 48.83N 128.09W 10.0* 3.1Mw 163 km W of Tofino,BC
2009/01/13 18:38:43 48.86N 129.10W 10.0* 3.0Mw 234 km W of Tofino,BC

also found this site interesting:
www.antipodemap.com...

[edit on 15-1-2009 by pynner]

[edit on 15-1-2009 by pynner]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Nice sized 7.3 East of the Kuril Islands

Some big ones lately, they said it was first listed as 7.7 then 7.5 now 7.3 and no Tsunami warning was issued.

With Yellowstone they say there have been over 900 quakes and they are observing it and expect it to continue.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by observe50]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Nice sized 7.3 East of the Kuril Islands

Some big ones lately I think they are needed so nothing life shattering would happen here on Earth.

I gotta say, I don't agree with that statement at all... (well, the last part anyways)

I do not think these quakes are taking any stress off plates or faults, but are a sign of movement and bigger things to come. I think these will lead to bigger and bigger quakes till something finally gives in a few places.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
LMAO.. O50, you changed your note..

now I just look crazy..

I did notice that one in Russia did change a few times... and it's pretty shallow too.

this is usually about the time after a "supermoon" we get the bigger quakes. (we had a super moon last weekend.. saturday I think)

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Doesn't make you look silly, I changed it becauseI thought it wasn't right to make this prediction if you want to call it that.

To be honest with you I look at things like this and try to connect anything to my experiences and as you say.... things bigger to come, I do agree with that.

I feel as something bigger is coming myself but even with a bigger thing happening and creating a major disaster (which I believe is likely at some point) but it will still be better then what would/could have been.

I know that doesn't make a whole lot of sense but when we see disaster with much lose of life it is bad enough but to think that it actually is better then so bad it means close to extinction then bad is better then then losing existance for a race.

I know I gave myself a headache also with that. I should take a writing course.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Very strange earthquake just happened tonight..on the border of Colorado and Montana

It show as a 3.2

what is also interesting, is look at how a line is forming from California through Utah now Colorado.

Magnitude 3.2
Date-Time Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 19:10:02 UTC
Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 12:10:02 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 40.948°N, 106.922°W
Depth 5 km (3.1 miles) set by location program
Region COLORADO
Distances 31 km (19 miles) SSW (201°) from Grand Encampment, WY
32 km (20 miles) SSW (201°) from Riverside, WY
52 km (33 miles) E (100°) from Dixon, WY
53 km (33 miles) N (351°) from Steamboat Springs, CO
161 km (100 miles) WNW (286°) from Fort Collins, CO
214 km (133 miles) NW (310°) from Denver, CO

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 9.7 km (6.0 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters NST= 13, Nph= 13, Dmin=85.8 km, Rmss=1.45 sec, Gp= 65°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=R
Source USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

This area is not even part of a major seismic hazard area.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

And now...more.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hello all sorry I haven't been on in a few days now, I want to report that the heart palps I have been having are worse today, really pounding now, I have a headache in both temples, upper abdominal pain and lower pelvic pains. Clumsiness, I am dropping everything, and I also am having visual disturbances, slightly slurred speach ( a new one for me).

I am not suprised to get to work and see the activity that has taken place between 10-1130pm, est, the way I am feeling, however I expect to see more tonight, and going out on a limb I would say it will be significant.

new topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join