It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
oh.. wanted to add.. there are small eq's on st helens and mt hood... 1 - 1.5... but they are there..

www.fs.fed.us...

for the mt st helens cam.

AND

you see the earthquakes popping up around vegas/hoover dam? a 3.0 almost right under the dam..

we are being lied to.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I daily take alook at that area via this page

earthquake.usgs.gov...

looks like we've had one small quake outside of portland today, but tahts it...just doesn't smell right..

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pynner

we are being lied to.

what do you think is happening?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pynner
oh.. wanted to add.. there are small eq's on st helens and mt hood... 1 - 1.5... but they are there..

www.fs.fed.us...

for the mt st helens cam.

AND

you see the earthquakes popping up around vegas/hoover dam? a 3.0 almost right under the dam..

we are being lied to.

There was one 3.0 with 0 KM depth that was located on the west side at the base of the dam itself. This was a few weeks ago.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
There are places that don't report quakes unless they are over a 4 like IRIS

I try to make connections and from things I have read NASA has sat.'s up there that are able to map quake fault lines and they are finding there are tens of thousands of volcano's underwater they didn't know about and that fault lines were larger or connected or were close to one another that they didn't know before. I have no doubt Nasa and our government are keeping most of the information under there belts.

I wrote to KATT a bit ago and to sum it up I wouldn't be a bit surprised if when Telsa passed and they took his work that they haven't developed his earthquake equipment that made New York shake long ago. Wouldn't it be a kicker if they were creating a lot of this and might have something in the makings so Georgie issues that Executive order to stay in office. I think the timing of the market crashing and his banking buddies helping him he can forfill daddies dreams with the likes of Cheney, Rummsie and old man Ashcroft and of course don't forget the Rockerfellers yes I think they are cont. Hitler's dream and if this is in the makes God help mankind I know I'm not clicking my heels and saluting.

The above are only thoughts and in all rights probably have nothing at all to do with this I just look at everything in my way kind of like web bot but instead of computers I use Aliens.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pynner

There was a swarm there a couple months back and I discovered an old volcano smack in the center-- the Hamblin-Cleopatra complex. Actually, it's a volcano split in two because it was situated on a moving fault, so one half of the volcano went north and the other half went south. At any rate, as you have also pointed out, so many of these swarms are where dormant or extinct volcanos were/are.

There are also a couple more smaller EQ's in central Nevada that popped up just this hour. 2.7 Battle Mt., 2.5, Duckwater. For those of you getting those sharp pains yesterday, Nevada is why.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This one just popped onto the USGS U.S. map in yellow.

Magnitude 2.5 - ARKANSAS
2008 December 03 19:21:51 UTC

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Today at my acupuncture appointment I told my acupuncturist about the large twin quakes that have been predicted by the web bot in the next 7 - 10 days and that she might possibly see some strong and similar precursor symptoms from her patients next week. She told me it's common to have patients complain about the same thing in the course of a week - one week it might be a whole lot of patients complaining about headaches, another week it might be shoulder pain, another week back pain, etc. etc. I was hoping to get an appointment next week so I could ask what the majority of her patients symptoms are but she's fully booked... I've been put on the waiting list and if I'm lucky enough to get an appointment, I'll report back with further information.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by mountaindog]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kattraxx
This one just popped onto the USGS U.S. map in yellow.

Magnitude 2.5 - ARKANSAS
2008 December 03 19:21:51 UTC

Hi Katt,

I can confirm your observation because I've started taking screen shots of the entire Nth America map each day. That quake should have appeared on the USGS Nth America map in red (for one hour), then in orange until 24 hours had passed. (Info for anyone who doesn't know the system... On the Nth America maps, the color coding is a red square for the first hour, then orange until 24 hours have passed, then yellow for one week. For some reason the "USA" maps use blue in place of orange.) However, as the screen shot below shows, that Arkansas 2.5 quake was not on the map (in any color) 13 hours after the event:

Then (as you point out), it popped up on the map in yellow:

(The above images are reproduced for informational and educational purposes.)

Mike
Edited for typos.

[edit on 5/12/08 by JustMike]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

I guess this is the final magnitude of the offshore California EQ.

Magnitude 5.9 OFF COAST OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
Friday, November 28, 2008 at 13:42:18 UTC

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Magnitude 5.5 - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
2008 December 06 04:18:42 UTC

external image

[edit on 12/5/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Magnitude 4.4 - GULF OF CALIFORNIA
2008 December 06 12:52:21 UTC

Magnitude 3.0 - CENTRAL CALIFORNIA
2008 December 06 16:07:26 UTC
10 km (6 miles) SE (127°) from Olancha, CA
Just a bit northwest of the Trona swarm, which is still going strong.

Magnitude 3.0 - NEVADA
2008 December 06 16:37:59 UTC
16 km (10 miles) NW (316°) from Tuscarora, NV
This is the region of north central Nevada where EQ's always seem to "disappear" off the maps, which reminds me, has the last one up there fallen off the maps already, because it's gone.

I'm noticing the geyser and hot spring areas in California are still very active, and as Charlotte points out, this usually means more seismic activity to come.

Adding:

Magnitude 2.6 - NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
2008 December 06 05:39:56 UTC
19 km (12 miles) NE (48°) from Red Bluff, CA
In the area of Mt. Lassen, a volcano.

[edit on 12/6/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Hey people take a look at this post : www.abovetopsecret.com... amazing pictures of strange clouds.
Not with the lights effect like other quakes.
But the predited quakes this month must be something huge, so i thought maybe that's why this clouds are different?

[edit on 6-12-2008 by coolvibe]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by coolvibe

Thanks, coolvibe, those are amazing cloud shots, but they are not earthquake clouds as they've been previously defined.

Those are lenticular clouds, I believe, something we see often up here in the mountains over Lake Tahoe. They are something to see, aren't they?

Photos of lenticular cloud formations

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Business as usual at USGS.Two recent deletions.

Preliminary Earthquake Report Magnitude 3.0 Ml
Date-Time

* 28 Nov 2008 09:09:05 UTC
* 28 Nov 2008 01:09:05 near epicenter
* 28 Nov 2008 01:09:05 standard time in your timezone

Location 40.482N 115.687W
Depth 16 km
Distances

* 12 km (7 miles) SW (215 degrees) of Lee, NV
* 24 km (15 miles) NW (304 degrees) of Ruby Valley, NV
* 30 km (19 miles) SSW (195 degrees) of Spring Creek, NV
* 40 km (25 miles) S (170 degrees) of Elko, NV
* 322 km (200 miles) W (266 degrees) of Salt Lake City, UT
== EVENT DELETED NOTIFICATION ==

***This event has been deleted after review by a seismologist.***

Preliminary Earthquake Report Magnitude 5.3 Ml
Date-Time

* 29 Nov 2008 07:09:07 UTC
* 28 Nov 2008 22:09:07 near epicenter
* 28 Nov 2008 23:09:07 standard time in your timezone

Location 59.881N 152.088W
Depth 35 km
Distances

* 21 km (13 miles) WNW (303 degrees) of Anchor Point, AK
* 22 km (14 miles) WSW (250 degrees) of Happy Valley, AK
* 25 km (15 miles) WNW (288 degrees) of Nikolaevsk, AK
* 193 km (120 miles) SW (222 degrees) of Anchorage, AK

== EVENT DELETED NOTIFICATION ==

***This event has been deleted after review by a seismologist.***

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hi everyone!
I don't get to come here as often as I'd like but today i saw some clouds you might find interesting. I shot them today 12-06-08 about 1:00 pm in the Central Coast area of California.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Magnitude 1.8 - OFFSHORE OREGON
2008 December 06 06:35:46 UTC

Just a little one, on the subduction zone, but in the region of the Juan de Fuca ridge. It just popped onto the map in blue because the EQ was yesterday.

Saturday, December 06, 2008 at 06:35:46 UTC
Friday, December 05, 2008 at 10:35:46 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 44.339°N, 124.456°W
Depth 28.8 km (17.9 miles) set by location program
Region OFFSHORE OREGON
Distances 28 km (18 miles) W (276°) from Yachats, OR
33 km (20 miles) WSW (253°) from Waldport, OR
46 km (29 miles) SW (224°) from Newport, OR
112 km (69 miles) WNW (287°) from Eugene, OR
194 km (121 miles) SW (228°) from Portland, OR

Magnitude 2.7 - OFFSHORE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
2008 December 07 05:37:56 UTC

[edit on 12/7/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

Hi missvicky,

thanks for the post. Unfortunately your links aren't working because there's a fault in them. It's easiest if you click on the "direct link" box below the small image in your album. That saves the link and then you can post it here by clicking on the small icon above the main text-posting box, that shows a computer monitor in color with an artist's palette in front of it. This will give you a small dialogue box and you just past the link in there. Anyway to save you the effort I've reposted them for you.

(Photo credits for both images: missvicky.)

Edited for typos.

[edit on 7/12/08 by JustMike]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Hi Kat,

there's been a Mag 2.7 offhsore, Nth Cal:

Annnnd... They posted the waveform data! For offshore PNW US quakes, that's a major rarity these days. So just in case they take it down, here's a copy
:

(Both images from USGS. Reproduced for educational and informational purposes only.)

Pretty "bumpy" little quake, wouldn't you say? (I'm referring mainly to what we see from stations KJJ KSM & KCR.)

[Edited to add station details at the end there.]

[edit on 7/12/08 by JustMike]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
First I have to say Mike you quack me up saying links don't work because there is a """FAULT""" with them.

Katt,

I was a little surprised when I checked IRIS and saw that Greece had a 4.5 quake today since I mentioned Greece in my e-mail.

I am not all that great at checking things out but from what I got Greece isn't all that far from the 32-36 degree actually if I had to guess I would say those coordinates 32E. - 36N. are probably in the Aegean Sea and isn't that Santorini Volcano in that general area.

I'll have to keep a check in that area.

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join