It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

While I'm posting, I'll go ahead and mention a couple precursors for the Sierras/Wasatch/New Madrid regions... and the Domino Islands.

Magnitude 6.5 - TONGA
2008 June 26 21:19:13 UTC

Domino Islands

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
You seem to be right there with predictions Kat good job.

Seems like I was way off with a big one in Beijimg, China this month, lol.

Give the pups a hug from me.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I have been following volcanic activity as well as earthquake, mainly becuase earthquake swarms are indicators that a volcano is getting ready to blow. I came across this article today, and interesting read, and unprecedented activity is taking place right now in Alaska. Must read!

Buried under thick ice and frigid water, volcanic explosions are shaking the Arctic Ocean floor at depths previously thought impossible, according to a new study.

Link: news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
The News (Fox) was talking DRY lightning in Cal. are they stretching it. I don't think 800 fires would be caused by this do you???? Maybe, maybe not!

Sadly to admit you are all doing the hard work and I am only trying to observe everything I can and throw it into the mix to see if any connections can be made.

Observe, you are giving us ideas to follow up and that's vitally important, so we're grateful for your posts.

About the fires...When I was in Australia I lived in the country most of the time, and fires were pretty common. I spent some time with the Country Fire Service (the CFS -- volunteer firefighters), and whenever there was lightning around in the drier months we would get some call-outs -- but no so many. This was partly because "dry lightning" (meaning without storm rainfall) is fairly rare in that part of Australia. I understand that although Cal has a similar climate it does get more dry lightning...

Another factor is what we call "spot fires". These are fires that start ahead of the main fire front as a result of burning material like leaves being carried on the wind. If the winds are strong then one fire can produce many spot fires, and these in turn produce more... So yes, I can well believe reports of 800 fires, especially in those vast, tinder-dry regions in California.

Yet another and very scary factor is when a fire "jumps". Back in Feb 1983 I was with a volunteer fire unit in the Adelaide hills (South Australia) and we were heading along a narrow ridge road up towards a major fire front. There were over 180 major fires reported that day...It was very windy, with gusts up to 60 mph, and the mercury was well over 100 F.

The fire we were heading for was burning along another ridge across a valley about 1/2 a mile east from us. Then there was a roaring sound like 100 Jumbo jets taking off and the flames leapt over the valley and touched down on the ridge we were driving up, only a few hundred yards in front of us: the wind had suddenly changed and now we were facing a firestorm and there was no way we could stop it...it was so intense that even the tarmac on the road up ahead erupted into flames -- something I'd never seen before and never want to see again... It was bloody terrifying... Our driver somehow got the truck turned around and we got out of there as fast as we could. Several volunteer firefighters died that day, including the crew of a truck only about 3 miles from us...They also tried to turn around but the smoke was so thick they were completely blinded and the truck got stuck in a roadside ditch. They had no chance...

I know this seems like a digression but it's another aspect of how nature can affect us... and for me, it's another reason why I'm motivated to contribute to finding ways to predict quakes. When people are lost in these tragedies it always means insufferable grief for so many others...

"If you save one life, you save the whole world."

Mike

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Hello
I have been folloing this tred from the start
I live in northern calif. just east of redding
the fires that we have a vary bad becuse of little rain this
past winter/sring and the lighting was intence last saterday
I have been watching earthquakes in calif /navada for over ten years now
and it is alot more active now then ever
we used to not get many up here
we felt the 3.4 last week it woke us up
and thier has been a mini swarm closer to redding with lots of 2. quakes
I have been tring to see if I can predicte but don't seem to
so keep up the good work and thanks for the great info

Tim

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
been totally disconnected over the past few days...going through a lot of things over here... all superficial but still part of that wonderful experience we call "life".
Anyhooo...just want to let you all know I'm still alive and kickin!
-b

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by billbryan516

Good to hear from you! Stay in touch and please let us know if you observe or hear of any unusual animal behaviour in your area.

Could you also give us your general impressions of whether you feel anything imminent (mainly for California but not limited to that area.)

Thanks,

Mike

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
A little under two hours ago there was a mag 6.7 in the Andaman Islands. This is NNW of the region of Indonesia (particularly Sumatra) I predicted in this post on June 24. However, due to its magnitude, the relationships of seismic activity in that part of the world and other indicators, I consider this event could be a precursor of a similar or larger one in the area I predicted.

I've just rechecked the maps and about 1/2 an hour ago there was a mag 6.1 in the Andamans.

Things are not looking good for this region.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Well It is friday june 27th, 6:30 AM

I haven't been getting any precursers in a while, so I have been looking at the environment around me, and researching as much as possible about all the activity going on around here, and around the west coast and world.
Today as I was leaving my house, I noticed a huge swarm of ants coming out of my sidewalk, and when i got to the driveway, there were 4 more swarms in this middle groove between the cement plates, and at the base where the driveway and sidewalk meet. I have never in my life seen this many ants in one place... all scrambling like they need to get out of the ground......and its cold, not warm yet

I took some pics on my phone, but dont know if they are good or not (pics of ants are hard to get detail and relative size of swarm)

I am expecting a quake in the reno area based on this, the last time I saw half this amount, we had the back to back 3+'s over the weekend.

I will be going home at lunch with a digital camera, to see if they are stil there.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by damntheptb

Hi damntheptb,

that does sound rather strange, all those ants swarming. It's true that this is the time of year when they tend to swarm but it sounds like you're getting a lot more than the average... Have you taken measurements of the concrete slabs to see if there has been any movement? Even a line drawn on each one with a marker pen at a specific distance would do. You could then observe of some days and see if there's any change.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Oh, about the Andaman Islands quakes...Though on the world map only the 6.1 shows that's because it's very close to the 6.7. They are definitely two different events, not just one that has been downgraded:

Note Bandah Aceh to the SSE... There is a fault line that runs along past the island of Sumatra there as I guess most would know.

I've been concerned about this region for a few days now...

Edited to correct "6." to "6.1".

[edit on 27/6/08 by JustMike]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
based on a very strong percursor...I'm making a prediction of a quake either off the coast of oregon or somewhere in the northwestern part of oregon...there has been a swarm on the other side of Mt Hood and I could see that as being the place one could happen too.

Im def. feelin oregon.

Tela

[edit on 6/27/2008 by Telafree]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I had a question about the "domino islands".... Charlotte calls them that because when one goes, usually one or some of the others will go not long after. She also refers to this area as Oceania. The islands are in the South Pacific-- Tonga, Fiji, Samoa, Marianas, Solomons, Santa Cruz, Marshalls, Vanatu. Let's keep an eye on them and see if any of the other islands will follow Tonga's lead.

So far this morning, I'm going with Mexico. I see Chile had a 4.7. I expected a higher mag, given the intensity of the precursor. It still may happen. How is it feeling to you, Space Cadet?

I feel there will be more to come in the South Pacific. And also Japan isn't finished either.

[edit on 6/27/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
In the earthquake swarm off Oregon they see new active fault lines terrain shows some peaks.

Articles and one mentions Mt. St. Helens strange drumbeat anyhow here is one link

www.pmel.noaa.gov...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Earth is definitely up to something.

It seems that underwater volcanoes are active and giving birth as I thought. The waters are warming and in areas the oxygen in the water is disappearing. Ice is melting in areas it shouldn't be and water life is moving into areas it shouldn't be.

We have been watching insects etc. on land but we need to pay attention to creatures in the waters.

Shark attacks, dolphins for example in NJ waterway and not going to Ocean, they are talking to us. That red stuff (Ihaven't been to that thread in skunk works) is probably connected to warming waters. I wonder about the fish are they dying or leaving the area.

If this doesn't stop we are in serious, serious trouble.

Our trees are burning by the fires so there goes our oxygen slowly and the CO2 taking another step forward.

Our water, soil and air are in deep shi& this isn't looking good in my eyes. We have to prey this stops.

Floods our food supply

[edit on 27-6-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

So..... right buttocks is northern South America, possibly specifically Venezuela or offshore Venezuela.... here's your EQ.

Magnitude 4.9 - OFFSHORE SUCRE, VENEZUELA
2008 June 27 05:08:12 UTC

Venezuela, offshore

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Interesting things around the world building up again i see. I feel we have embarked on our next trials from our mother earth, she sadly is not pleased at the moment. The calm before the storm, we all had feelings about, I feel has manifested itself. The storms come. this time i fear will have a greater impact. The worlds climates have changed again, the new threats that knock on our doors could be one of many. Who knows what our earth has brewing for us in her depths. all over the world things are 'heating' up, Literally and figuratively. My gut feelings, don't bode well.

I don't mean to sound all doom and gloom. But the past couple 'events' over the past couple of nights, have not been ones i would like to recall again nor have be brought into this world.

I enjoyed that link to the volcano's on the ocean floor. Some interesting points were brought up. However i don't understand how 2.5 miles is such a big deal, I didn't realize in ocean exploration 2.5 miles below the surface was anything big to talk about. 10-20 miles then i would be more alarmed, Though i will admit i am pretty il-informed on the subject

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It was quiet...too quiet. lol
Actually, I haven't been feeling anything big for a few days. I feel kinda relaxed right now...could be because I have other things on my plate but I'm not getting anything right now.
I'll keep you all posted.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I am having major upper abdomen pain, all the way across and just below the ribs. It feels like pressure, almost like bloating but is most bothersome today! It started around 100pm EST today, 6-26-08. It is 138amEST now and the pain has begun to move around to my back as well.

Edit: sorry guys I have 3rd shift lag, I meant to say it began on 06-27-08.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Katt did you see my thread about the volcano in Alaska's coast they found going off? It is unprecedented, we have never recorded anything at this depth. I am noticing that a lot of the more recent quakes are much deeper than what was happening too.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join