It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Telafree

Just use the "edit" tag on any pic in photobucket and you have all sorts of options. That's how I cropped some of the ones I posted here in the past few days. And don't worry -- if you edit a pic your original is not affected; you save the edited pic as a new image and only replace the original if you want to.

Okay, end of plug for photobucket

Mike

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

harmonic tremor
Harmonic tremor describes continuous rhythmic earthquakes that can be detected by seimographs.
From the USGS glossary website.

Again, not saying the Reno swarm has anything to do with magma movement, but this definition sounds pretty much exactly the way damntheptb and I have described the vibration we feel. I called it cyclic, but rhythmic captures it too.

USGS and UNR keep saying it's not related to any volcanic activity, but they don't put up waveform information from the Reno earthquake swarm proving it's not.

Edit: On the USGS glossary site is a waveform for harmonic tremors recorded at Mt. St. Helens.

[edit on 6/13/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I haven't been much help between not feeling well and my computer acting weird I haven't gotten much accomplished this day.

You are all doing great work. I know Cal. was supposed to have a earthquake practice in Sept. I believe but I never saw anything about Nevada having one. I am slightly surprised when now Nevada is to have a drill.

I know I have written this before but we have to look at everything. When they say you will see military maybe it isn't for a drill as they are saying but maybe it's to remove Nuclear waste that they stored where they weren't supposed to. If you see activity keep an eye on it.

Also I wonder if this shuttle delay is something other then they are saying it is. We have to watch there movements.

I can never find anything new on Yellowstone.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pynner

I still think we are about to see the birth(s) of new volcano(s)...

Hello and thanks for joining the thread.... I agree with Kattraxx that we are feeling a harmonic tremor. I told her in an email that i researched it when i felt the first "long" tremor, that never made it to a seismic site... didnt want to act like a end of worlder, but ive felt them recently, and being overcome with fear is not something I have had happen more than once, and its a natural instinct trying to warn of "something"...

either one of the many volcanoes throughout the west is re-awkening, or we are going to see something mankind has never witnessed before....

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yesterday Kattraxx and myself had felt a sustained vibration/tremor lasting about 30 seconds or so... nothing listed on any website, and we kept it to ourselves (we both live within a mile of each other, and less than few miles from most epicenters), but after releasing info on harmonic tremors, we feel the need to list this also.....

something big is coming our way, things just dont "feel" right, and that feeling is getting worse and worse everyday for me....

edit-- I have felt 5 of these "sustained" tremors in the last week...

[edit on 13-6-2008 by damntheptb]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Rhyolite dome volcanic field, 1,415 meters elevation, 2.53 to 1.14 million years old. ... A small volcanic field of domes and flows occurs at the south end of Truckee Meadows from approximately 20 kilometers south-southwest of Reno, Nevada, to approximately 12 kilometers south-southeast of Reno, aligned along a northeasterly trend.

Steamboat Hot Springs

The source of energy for the thermal system is most probably the completely crystallized magma chamber from which the rhyolite domes were emplaced.

20 km south of Reno is not far at all.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
7.0 """JUST"""" hit off Northern Japan "I think" I don't have details looking now

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Lawton Hot Springs

Lawton Hot Springs are the ones about a mile from me, down on 4th St., the ones that closed down. This would make Lawton Hot Springs about two miles as the crow flies from Somersett, give or take.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Nothing listed yet that I can find I see the 4.1 Nevada we got work to do.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Got one under the Salt Lake in Utah as well. Details coming up.

Utah 3.3

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Salt Lake I haven't seen that one. Still not seeing anything listed for Japan

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Magnitude 3.3 - UTAH
2008 June 13 23:55:19 UTC
DetailsMapsWhere can I find...?
Earthquake Details
Magnitude 3.3
Date-Time Friday, June 13, 2008 at 23:55:19 UTC
Friday, June 13, 2008 at 05:55:19 PM at epicenter

Location 41.454°N, 112.748°W
Depth 14.2 km (8.8 miles)
Region UTAH
Distances 43 km (27 miles) SW (214°) from Howell, UT
54 km (33 miles) W (259°) from Corinne, UT
55 km (34 miles) WSW (251°) from Bear River City, UT
106 km (66 miles) NW (318°) from Salt Lake City, UT

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 5.9 km (3.7 miles); depth +/- 14 km (8.7 miles)
Parameters NST= 20, Nph= 20, Dmin=50 km, Rmss=1.52 sec, Gp= 94°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=0
Source University of Utah Seismograph Stations

Event ID uu00013906

Posting all before it goes and disappears on us.

Magnitude 6.9 - EASTERN HONSHU, JAPAN
2008 June 13 23:43:46 UTC
Versión en Español

DetailsSummaryMapsScientific & TechnicalAdditional InfoWhere can I find...?
Earthquake Details
Magnitude 6.9
Date-Time Friday, June 13, 2008 at 23:43:46 UTC
Saturday, June 14, 2008 at 08:43:46 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 39.106°N, 140.608°E
Depth 10.3 km (6.4 miles) (poorly constrained)
Region EASTERN HONSHU, JAPAN
Distances 80 km (50 miles) SW of Morioka, Honshu, Japan
85 km (50 miles) SSE of Akita, Honshu, Japan
100 km (60 miles) NNW of Sendai, Honshu, Japan
390 km (240 miles) N of TOKYO, Japan

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 10.3 km (6.4 miles); depth +/- 42.2 km (26.2 miles)
Parameters NST= 63, Nph= 63, Dmin=354.5 km, Rmss=1.19 sec, Gp= 47°,
M-type=moment magnitude (Mw), Version=7
Source USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID us2008tfdp

Well the lava keeps moving east or they are still doing controlled explosions underground to build many bunkers. This could also be a scalar attack on our missile silos from China

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Thanks you are a little faster then me, I just found the Japan info.

Sun. I am going to be away for a few days and I won't have access to a computer, of all times. Things are picking up and right on time 72 hour mark.

I'm still going with the big one 9+ being in Beijing, China.

I'm not hearing anything on news so I don't know about if any Tsunami's have been detected.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Holy cow pooh they already took it down. The 3.3 in Utah.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If you look at the UNR image of the Somersett/Reno earthquake swarm-- the one before the earthquakes were "relocated" by UNR seismologists-- the southeast end/area of the earthquake swarm is right where the old Lawton Hot Springs baths used to be.

In fact, we had an EQ just there yesterday, I believe-- on the other side of the Truckee River from me, where Lawton Hot Springs were/are.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

I got it. Hang on....

external image

Ha! Take that USGS grad student intern. We'll beat you to the next one too.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Its not on the quake maps anymore so they are up to something. I just e-mailed the head scientist and demanded answers.

I don't know what is up but it is very hard for me to get my headaches to go away for the last two days.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Just want to state we need to keep a check on all volcanoes. I know that Mount Pluto is considered extinct for 25,000 years but that volcano in Chile did it's thing after 10,000 years.

I still trying to figure what would cause the ground to be 800 degrees in that one area and I don't think coal dust.

Has anyone seen pick up at Yellowstone in the last couple days.

In the back of my mind I still worry about Nuclear Waste hidden and where would be a safe place to hide Nuclear Waste but in an extinct volcano.

God my cat just pooped, OMG gotta go spray then clean it, BBL

[edit on 13-6-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

We got it though, the Utah 3.3.

Excedrin works for me, for headaches. I had a brutal one last night.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Guess whats near by?

en.wikipedia.org...

With our largest and most advanced minuteman missiles.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join