It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 227
<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

I'm better today thank you, although I had nightmares last night, that woke me up in a sweat. This two week thing.....I'm curious. We all showed up again after a bit of a break around the same time, and have been on and off symptoms ever since. I've started taking supplements that have helped my fibro a good bit, along with a couple of other things I've tried. No headache today, but a nagging "something is brewing" feeling. I did see a report about Yellowstone today that some people are causing a fuss over, thinking it's some kind of subliminal or secret message that they expect it to go up in two weeks or so. Very odd. Cascadia worries me too, always has. Ever since I was in Seattle for a bit, I've felt it was so close to something massive happening...the energy is right at the surface.

Stay safe everyone. Have a plan.

Cait xx

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: caitlinfae

Hi, Caitlinfae!

Reykjanes Ridge
2015-02-13 19:33:10 UTC
14.2 km

Northern Mid-Atlantic Ridge
2015-02-13 18:59:11 UTC
10.0 km

2015-02-13 18:58:06 UTC
10.0 km

2015-02-13 18:48:16 UTC
10.0 km

You're even closer to these than we are near the East Coast,
did they bother you as much as they did hubby & I???

It was a little different than usual though.
I got so weak, so suddenly, before the biggest one,
that I wasn't even thinking quake!

Went down in the basement to get something,
& was wiped out when I came back up!
Tried to open a package & couldn't!
Tried to open up a can by hand & it took me forever!
Felt like I aged 50 years in a few minutes!!!

Hope they didn't affect you too badly!!!
WOQ

Now upgraded to a 7.1.

edit on 13-2-2015 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

Hi

I just got my internet back..massive problems with it the last few days, and it's typical that I was offline when all this happened. Hell yes I felt it, and so did my dog. Was very sore the last few days and yesterday doggy was hiding in the bed and very very quiet and subdued. Will be checking the details, but internet access still isn't good here cos we're out in the sticks. I think I might have posted a while back about a dream I had about the Russian quake, which was very location specific. I hope I posted it anyway...will try and find it.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Hi everyone...

Internet sorted I think....(shhhh!)....so I wanted to post a little thing that had been bugging me the last couple of days. I've been feeling ok, apart from the usual aches and pains and a little bit of palpitation from solar activity, but nothing major. I mentioned before about a dream I remembered, that I thought I had posted about. I hadn't posted it, however, and I realised why yesterday. The dream I had maybe 3 months ago was about a volcano, not an earthquake, and it was very specifically in the location of the 6.8 mag (or thereabouts) on the Russian border that took place within an hour of the 6.9 (or 7.2?) on the mid Atlantic ridge....

2015-02-13 18:59:11 UTC
10.0 km

The Russian quake is not being widely reported at all though, but the location is exactly what was in my dream, where I saw an extinct volcano erupt in a fairly empty wide flat expanse of land, and grow rapidly into a large cone shape volcano. There are also reports all over the web of dormant and extinct volcanoes showing activity all over the world, including one on the west coast of Scotland, which is really weird. One to watch, maybe.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Very interesting! You'll have to share your dreams more often!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: westcoast

Thank you, but actually, I don't remember my dreams all that often, and if I do, it usually means it's a bad one, but I wil make a point of recording anything here just in case.

Otherwise, just the usual aches and pains today.
Hope everyone is well.

Cxx

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Restless, antsy, hungry...
No 'sleeping pill' thing yet.

Major crankiness everywhere though!

Incoming???

WOQ

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I've had major symptoms today, to the point where I'm so sore I can barely walk, really painful back and palpitations from early this morning too, which was kinda scary. I checked online to see if there was any solar activity and am now finding reports of a massive CME that happened in the last 24 hours. I mean massive too, like the biggest I've ever seen..

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
How are you all doing?
Anyone else feeling antsy, grumpy, hungry, really out of sorts for no reason? I've had the worst fibro pain of my life this last week, started last Friday, and isn't leaving. I also just noticed an X2.2 flare this evening, which may produce a CME, hitting earth in 2-3 days. But there's no correlation between solar activity and earthquakes...no, no, no, not at all....*rolls eyes to the heavens*. I just hope the palpitations aren't too bad this time.

See? Told you I was grumpy.
An I has a bit of a headache brewing, that awful kind of sick headache, and we all know what that means.

Stay safe everyone.

Cait xx
edit on 11-3-2015 by caitlinfae because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Hi!
Yep! Off & on for awhile now.
Even times other than the last couple of bigger quakes.

Still restless, antsy, weak, HUNGRY! Ha, ha!
Dragging myself around today & pain in my one knee is back.
I feel like a rag doll!

Been watching all the perking in the mid to high 4's going on.
And in weird, multiple areas!
Just ping-ponging around,
like there are multiple areas of pressure going on!

Then there's that thing with the moon being the closest on the 20th.
Have to wait & see what happens!

Hope you feel better soon!
WOQ

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Weirdness lately. Today my area felt a lot of shaking from NC outer banks up to our area. I recall how lethargic I felt prior to the 2011 quake we had here in VA. I feel like that today. I slept last night just fine so I shouldn't feel this way. I'm kind of in a weird fog, just kinda auto piloting it. Though for the past two days I was feeling an anxiousness and acceleration of time that I'm certain is the time change screwing with me. Longer days seemingly and all. But I stopped feeling anxious and just now feeling really weird. No other major symptoms of anything. It's been strange and I hope it passes soon without any major issue. Hope you all are well.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rbkruspe

My first post on the thread here for a while (Hi, everyone!) but felt motivated to reply because your post resonates.

I'm feeling much the same as you by the sounds of it. Just a general weird feeling, which I've noticed sometimes in the past prior to a significant event.

It's been quite a while since anything really major in terms of property damage and the like. Though it's true our planet can go long stretches between such events I don't have a good feeling right now. Wouldn't overly surprise me if a significant quake comes along within the next 72 hours or so.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Now with the solar storm I definitely can see the next 24-72 hours being possible. People were still reporting shaking and loud booming again yesterday.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Hi JustMike!

I always know that when I feel prompted to check, and see that you are commenting, that something is afoot!

Most definitely something in the air!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rbkruspe

Some links from Alysha Angel's post on Quake Watch.
USGS lists the sonic boom:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

This one, (near the end of the article), mentions a boom in 1969.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Seismic hazard map:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Seismicity map for 1973-2012:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Largest quake in N.C.:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Not long before Chile's 8.8 on 2/27/10,
people here in PA & in Ohio heard all kinds of booming.
People got out of bed thinking someone was pounding on their doors!
It was the first time I ever heard the 'booms' here.
That's an amazing amount of long distance movement or transference!!!

WOQ

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Anyone notice that the earthquake in Illinois today is at the top of the New Madrid fault?

Today's USGS map was pretty busy in a lot of the normal places, but this one in Illinois isn't something you see everyday

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: blujay

The one on Chicago? Yup, I saw that and it made me sit up and take notice. I'm very unsettled tonight....almost 4 in the morning and I can't sleep, which is a rare thing. Can't even relax. Just anxious, tearful, uncomfortable. Meh.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
ugh...I'm quite certain that the sudden onset of aching, fatigue and fogginess is just a MS flare-up, but I've noticed this coinciding with large quakes in the past. I've never kept track though (officially), so I figured I might as well document it here. I know I won't be judged for it.

In the past, it's been associated with a VERY large quake, say an 8+, somewhere on the ring of fire. OR, a moderately sized local quake. The last one was a 6.0 off of Vancouver Island, very near where I am. Before that, a 8 in South America and of course, the monster in Japan.

So, we'll see. If there IS a correlation, I would expect it to be soon, like by tomorrow. (Sat, 4/4/15)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hubby & I are having some symptoms today.

He's having his usual, but not too strong.
I'm having the 'sleeping pill' thing big time!
Really don't need this today, it's the middle of the afternoon,
can't keep my eyes open & I have lots to do yet!
Had a good night's sleep, so thought I'd log it!
WOQ

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well....so far nothing. (which is a good thing)

My symptoms are worse today, even though I got more than usual sleep last night. I forced myself to go to bed early.

I can't help but notice how quiet the off-shore faults have been on the South American coastline.

new topics

top topics

<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join