It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by damntheptb
reply to post by observe50

THE EVENT TOOK PLACE ON COLORADO, IM FINDING A LINK NOW.... very very weird, sorry for caps......

here is the link
800 temp on ground burns boy

Now that is wierd. I wonder if it's magma. Course all they have to do is dig down and they should be able to find out what it is...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I wrote earlier about reading way back when that an area at Yellowstone had to be closed because of 200 degree ground heat. I think this was at Yellowstone Lake and the are had a Sulfur smell and the trees, flowers, shrubs and grass died and animals vacated the area.

I remember people talking about the smell of Sulfur coming from Lake Tahoe and I remember when looking around about the quakes at Mammoth Lakes that a large area at Horseshoe Lake in Mammoth as a dead zone just as I had described like Yellowstone.

What connections if any can we make with Colorado?

What is Earth telling us? I'm beginning to think two words, deep shi&.

I'm still hoping this all just comes to a stop!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Good morning all. First of all, I noticed very strange clouds this morning around 8 a.m., in the NW-- those "blown apart" looking clouds with the feathery pulled out edges... took a few shots, but haven't had time to download them onto the computer.

Observe has listened to Charlotte's ATS interview-- how was it? I plan to listen tonight, when I know I'll have uninterrupted time to do so.

So far this morning, I'm not getting anything unusual-- same feelings as yesterday about Wasatch/New Madrid/Yellowstone, not intense. Same with Japan and Alaska. I did have a little S. America precursor this morning, nothing huge, so probably Peru or Chile A/S or offshore A/S. I do have a pretty constant pain in one spot just under the rib cage on the right side and I don't know what this one means, so I guess I'll have to see if anything new happens and try to make a connection.

This Colorado Springs news story is bizarre and I think I'll try to run down more details when I have the chance. Good find. Very strange. What else could it be besides magma/steam?

I sent damntheptb the USGS list for all the tremors at Yellowstone yesterday, noting the shallow depths of the EQ's.

And according to USGS, our Reno swarm has been very very quiet.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Some information on Colorado.

Dotsero volcano

A small maar and scoria cone complex at Dotsero, near the junction of the Colorado and Eagle Rivers west of the Gore Range, is the only Holocene volcano in Colorado.

On a map, Dotsero is between Glenwood Springs and Eagle off highway 70.

North of Dotsero is Steamboat Springs, CO, known for over 233 hot springs in the area.

Nothing particularly close to Colorado Springs. On the surface.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Great job that's the one how did you locate it?

I originally read the article on a few sites a few days ago, and I figured it has hit the mainstream news, so I did a google search on "colorado, 800 degree, child, burns" and just picked the first one that was a credible news station.

it worries me though... just a week ago a woman fell through a trail in yellowstone, into boiling water and severely burnt her leg.. saw a 2 line article, then no mention of it at all.

here is the article
pregnant woman falls through trail at yellowstone

its kinda scary, if her kids had gone through, things would not be ok

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
171 degrees slightly acidic with a PH similar to Vinegar, hmmmm.

Water warming, land getting hot? I say not good.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Here's one I haven't seen and I was suprised to see location Africa 5.6 Northern Algeria.

I can't figure out all the new location lately and the quakes being larger then expected for first timers.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50

Here's one I haven't seen and I was suprised to see location Africa 5.6 Northern Algeria.

I believe JustMike predicted one in Africa about a week ago. Good call, Mike!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

yeah, there is a lot of weirdness going on, quakes where there were never any, and hot spots popping up in colorado, problems with little quakes at yellowstone, plus some got burned there when they acidently found an unknown hot spot.

using the antipodes map here ANTIPODES MAP

ive checked a few locations with larger quakes, and when i look at the direct opposite place on the planet, ther were some quakes there also.... Im trying to compile some info to better explain this..

I checked the anitpode location for the area around algeria, and off the coast of australia ther was another quake, larger than 5.0, almost exactly the opposite spot

[edit on 6-6-2008 by damntheptb]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by damntheptb

I checked the anitpode location for the area around algeria, and off the coast of australia ther was another quake, larger than 5.0, almost exactly the opposite spot.

Now that is an interesting theory. What is the exact opposite of Reno, NV? I'll have to check out this map.

Edit to add: Looks like our opposite is smack in the middle of the Indian ocean about where the African, Indian and Indo-Australian tectonic plates meet.

[edit on 6/6/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Africa EQ, 5.5, 6/6/8 l:02 pm PDT

I'm wondering if this rare EQ has to do with the unusual right side, below the rib pain that I and damntheptb felt all morning? I'll note this and we'll see if it happens again. If it does, then we have a new precursor for North Africa, or at the very least, Algeria.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
What I think might be happening is our family down there in the deepest of our waters is releasing stress so the Earth doesn't flip.

The lives that are lost is not good and it might get worse (much worse) but it saves the peoples of this planet from extinction.

This is what I feel.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Wasatch/Utah 3.5, 1:09 pm PDT

Right around the same area as the AZ and NM earthquakes.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

That has to be Lava in Colorado that burned that boy unless he got hit by lightning. That would be the only two ways to get the ground that hot short of hot coals from a fire being there.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Early assessments show the problem area is coal dust. Neighbors say the area has appeared blackened as long as they can remember. What has to be determined is if it was dumped here years ago or if there's something happening underground. Crews from the state geological are on the way to figure out an explanation.

This paragraph from the news article in Colorado Springs-- odd, don't you think? Coal dust? And how about this sentence: "What has to be determined is if it was dumped here years ago or if there's something happening underground."

I would say there's something happening underground!

I wonder if there will be any follow up story to this.

Skywatcher: What is that in your avatar?

[edit on 6/6/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I didnt notice earlier, but has anyone seen the depth of the algeria EQ ? 4 km deep, just off coast.... that cant be good.... any volcanoes in the area?

The shallow quakes make me nervous because they tipically are volcanic or geothermal in nature.... yet a lot of them, according to the "experts" are too powerful to be volcanic, yet too shallow for true fault shakes.... even though the reno swarms have not been on an active fault, and if more than 5000 EQ's in over 3 months doenst mean "active" I dont understand?????

still no answers on anything here in reno, and I doubt we will get any, summer is right around the corner, and tourism is needed, so why would they scare people away?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
external image

Another "rainbow" cloud over NW Reno taken today at 2:30 pm.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
What is the dark speck on the lower right corner? Do you know how to enhance that?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Good question, Observe. I'll ask my friend. She took this on her way home from our hiking trip today. I can only enlarge it to a point in my photo program.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I did have a little S. America precursor this morning, nothing huge, so probably Peru or Chile A/S or offshore A/S.

5.2, coast of Central Peru

I had the same little precursor this morning at about 7:00 a.m.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join