It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 202
<< 199  200  201    203  204  205 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Great points. Will have to look at your links, thoughtfully.

It seems that a lot of things in life are BOTH/AND.

. . . though Ravi Zacharias has some interesting things to say about BOTH/AND vs EITHER/OR. LOL.

Basically . . . having been born in Madras, IIRC, he was responding to a Hindu or Pantheist . . . I forget . . . who was treating him as though he was ignorant of Eastern philosophy/religion . . . lecturing him about how Eastern logic was merely different . . . it was BOTH/AND vs EITHER OR.

Ravi shut him up rather quickly by noting that the challenger was asserting that folks should choose BOTH/AND over EITHER/OR in an EITHER/OR action of choosing BOTH/AND. LOL.

It interesting to see how the continents seem to have fit together long ago. IIRC, Stan's EE perspective also accounts for that at least somewhat to significantly.

But I haven't studied it at length, at all.

I just pray that whatever the dynamics are, that they don't result in a 9.7 quake off SF tomorrow . . . nor in the near future. It does seem like such cannot be avoided forever.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I have read part of your Missouri Gravity Low paper . . . that one shows it as shorter than the paper I saw which documented it going from Montana to near the coast of . . . Georgia, I think it was.

It is certainly interesting that it intersects so curiously with the New Madrid fault system.

Hmmmm.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Thanks. Will check out your link . . . And thanks for your kind words.

I love dialogues such as this.

Perhaps we can tweak up some insights we'd not have had alone with our own thoughts.

Blessings,

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
So here we are again, with mag 4's. Why is it bothersome to me? I have NO IDEA! LOL!!

Also, the one off the East Coast of the states is a bit odd.

Strange places are quaking and I truly wish I knew the cause and how to look for precursors in order to save lives. Ahhhh... I regress.

I do FEEL as if another big one is coming. Where? When? IDK... soon?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Yeeep, I kind of figured!
Hubby took today off so we could get caught up on some 'winterizing'!
But we both were completely wiped out since we woke up this morning.

He had a pain in the middle of his chest.
But our new preemie great nephew developed some problems during the night.
He thought that's what it was until...
He got the familiar left pec pain through to his back!
That's one of his 'for sure signs'!

I had the fairly new 'who slipped me a sleeping pill' sleepiness!
A couple of times it's been, 'someone stole my batteries'.
But today I couldn't fight to keep my eyes open even to post...had to lie down!

Later I saw the 6.3 near N. Z. but still felt awful & it was getting worse.
Sure enough...6.1 in Venezuela! Makes more sense, it's a lot closer.
Can't figure out why I hadn't gotten hungry or craved corn though?
Then a little while ago I did start craving it.
But not popcorn this time, room temperature, canned, creamed corn!
What's up with that????? Luckily there was one can here! Doggone that was good!
What's up with that????? Lol! The power of suggestion...
Or is there another one still in the pipeline???
WOQ

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Something has to give... Sun is awakening from it's slumber and CA is swarming.

The Earth is unsettled....

Waiting and hoping for the best but it's not looking good.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Hi!
When I saw how many were listed for Niland, CA it got my attention!
I would remember a name like Niland.
Because of Rose Niland from the Golden Girls. Yes, I'm that old! Lol!!!

Then I saw Geyers/Cobb, & a couple of other spots, but they aren't uncommon.
Then when I zoomed in on Niland & used the 7 & 30 day feature...
(The one new thing I do like about USGS!)
I was surprised how many there were since yesterday!
I didn't know it was in the Salton area either.

Something is definitely moving there,
or is it moving someplace else & the pressure is being transferred to there?
And would we be able to tell the difference?
I don't know anything about plate movement.
Unfortunately, when I was in high school & college they left out a lot of stuff!

I enjoyed learning about how the different types of rocks were formed.
And I got a kick out of the illustration they used to show hillside creep.
It was headstones, on a hillside, in a cemetery! Lol!!!

If they had gone into any detail on earthquakes back then,
my whole course of study may have gone in a different direction!
I sure enjoy learning everything I can about them even now!

Unfortunately, except for our oldest son's father-in-law,
no one else has any interest in eqs around here!
Thank goodness for ATS!!! Lol!

Hubby has been feeling something again since last night.
He called from work this morning & said he was going to take a half day off.
He came home, took some aspirin & went right to bed.

I wasn't here when he came home, but I saw the aspirin bottle sitting on the counter!
And he brought his lunch back home too. Too sick to eat, that's unusual!!!
We did have a family get together yesterday,
so he could have gotten a hold of some gluten somewhere.
Guess time & USGS will tell!!! Lol!

WOQ

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

Yeah, something is going on and has been off and on for a while now. Maybe it's nothing and I am and now we are just being paranoid. lol I don't know.

Olivine, Westcoast, and Mike that have been in this thread do know more though.. I still await for one of them to pop in and tell us their thoughts.

Til then, we watch and you are right, time will tell.

Jenn

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

5km E of Balilihan, Philippines
2013-10-14 19:12:37 UTC-05:0056.8 km
earthquake.usgs.gov...

earthquake-report.com...

Here are some "I felt it reports"..

Cebu City - This was the strongest quake EVER
Bacolod - I am from the UK and I have been living in the Philippines about 4 years. This is the worst earthquake that I have experienced. The whole house shook.
Cabanglasan, Bukidnon - Furniture were swaying,
Bacolod - Feeling nervous up to this minute!
Cagbang, Oton, Iloilo - Me and my family just finished eatimg when i first felt the shaking.
Cagayan de Oro - Lasted around 3 minutes
Ozamiz City - dugay nahuman
maasin city - Veeerry scary. Hopeful that everything will be alright! God keep us safe!
Iloilo City - We felt the earthquake here at past 8 in the morning. It was strong. The whole building was shaking.
Sibulan, Negros Oriental, Philippines - The shake lasted for almost 1 minute
Iligan - nakakahilo yung lindol dito kahit kotse gumalaw din.
Jagobiao, Cebu City - Still experiencing aftershocks...Thank God my family is safe!
Dumaguete - We ran outside as our house was madly shaking
Iligan City - We in Iligan City felt the strong shaking of earthquake at 8:15AM today. Street electric cables strongly swayed and our house shook strong we fear that if the shaking last a bit longer it might cause tremendous damage to structures.
siaton, negros oriental - Im still shaking
lapu-lapu - may konting shake parin
Ozamiz - Light shakings
Palao, iligan city 9200 - Cars wobble, water in the jug moves as I leaned on the chair due to dizziness..
Iligan City - Strongest quake in the past 10 or 20 years so far.
Cebu City - My heart can't speak right now
Bacolod City - waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Dumingag - I woke up because of the earthquake, at exactly 8:19am today.
Talisay City, Negros Occ - everything is shaking. it woke me up. lasted for 30 seconds

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I don't think there's any correlation to the Philippine 7.2, but I just wanted to note that about an hour and a half ago, I developed a sudden-onset sinus headache and very upset stomach. I'm currently attempting to ward this beast of a headache off with a heating pad on my face (my preferred relief method) and am well aware that it's very likely just a passing autumn ill, but I wanted to document it just in case.
edit on 10/14/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
First of all, thoughts and prayers to the people in the phillipines affected by this quake.

Personally, I think something as large, or larger is coming soon, within the next week.

I've been wrong much more often than not lately, especially compared to my track record last year, but I got a real deep gut feeling on this one.

Been hearing and feeling an odd humming, shortly before or after the increasing ear ringing. Ear ringing started yesterday, but still increasing and not affected by tonights eq at all. Kids have been having odd dreams this week, with my daughter having a specific eq dream, in a city that she totally did not recognize. I gently drilled her on faces, monuments, anything, but we have no clue where, the only thing that helped identify anything was that she did hear mostly English, with some Spanish as well. The only problem with that, is that could be any metropolitan area in almost all of north America.

The odd thing that struck me about her dream is that while in this other city, she felt the eq, but that they heard quickly on the news that it had destroyed somewhere else bigger completely.

As always, I hope I'm wrong. But the drained, sudden pressure headaches and body aches, coupled with the damn ear ringing, plus my kids dreams have me on edge.

This one feels bad.

Love and peace to all of you

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

No, I've had the same symptoms since yesterday. Hit me in the afternoon yesterday, then went away after a few hours. Same symptoms again this morning, but gone by noon. It's 11 pm est here, and the headache started coming back around an hour ago. No stomach issues yet.

Also wanted to note that I've had three strong moments of deja vu today, which is super unusual for me. I only get those every couple of months, and never in the same day.

Peace

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Those "I felt it" reports are incredible. I just can't imagine the emotions Involved for those at the epicenter of any major quake.

Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Nyiah...I hope the headache goes soon...poor you...*hugs* And sending much love to the people who had to endure a 7.2...not good at all. .

It's also not good that we're all here again. I've been resisting posting for a day or two, but here we are...I feel like crap. My Alaska headache is back, and building, and I've had the worst nights sleep in a long time...very odd disturbed dreams about having to live in a warehouse (maybe seeing people in shelters? I dunno...) I'm aching in every direction, but particularly my upper arms (particularly the right) and neck. If a headache is Alaska, then right arm would be the US west coast. Also something stuck in my head about a lunar eclipse on the 19th...significant or not, I haven't a clue and am still half asleep, frankly...but I just thought I would mention it. And my stocking up instincts are off the chart, even for this time of year.

Stay safe everyone...

Cait xx

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Sitting at my computer & for the last couple of hours
my right ear drum has been vibrating like crazy.
Feels 'creepy' & it sounds like wind blowing across a microphone!
Reeaally annoying!!!!
It's happened only once or twice before,
but I don't remember what happened quake wise.
It wasn't this strong or long lasting either.

Some slight ringing in only the right ear.
I'm facing directly south, so the popping ear is pointed west.
But it doesn't seem to change when I turn around.
Aaaagh, it so annoying, won't let up!

Some weird cloud formations right now too.
Almost parallel vertical stripes from the eastern horizon halfway across the sky.
The stripes are the same width as the spaces in between.
Nooo, not contrails or chemtrails! Lol!

Kind of like a little kid would draw the rays on a setting sun.
Then they feather out, turn fluffy & are broken up,
so that it looks like crinkled elephant skin. Boy is that a bad description!

The stripes kind of look like the ribs in a Japanese fan that is only partly open.
Close together, slightly closer at the horizon, a little farther apart overhead.
I could count about 20 stripes before our nearest neighbor's 'dusk to dawn' light
ruins the rest of the sky on that side!!! Aaaagh!!!

Trees are blocking the southern & eastern views.
There was enough moonlight tonight to illuminate the clouds & make them stand out.
Wish there was some way to get a picture in the dark!

Aaagh! I want to rip my eardrum out! Lol!
I think I will try an experiment!
See if some elderberry wine can 'deaden' a vibrating eardrum! Lololol!!!
WOQ

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

What part of the country/world are you?

"earth quake" clouds? I know what you are trying to explain - search for pictures on ATS or the internet.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Hi!
North central PA.
I went & looked it up. This is pretty close to it:

www.liniannian.com...

But not nearly as impressive. They were nice, perfectly straight lines & spaces!
Almost too perfect!
So expect a quake in the east???
WOQ
edit on 19-10-2013 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2013 by Couldn'tget the second one to copy!!!wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Hiya WOQ

Those clouds are mid-level clouds called altocumulus clouds. They pop up when there's an unstable layer (convection, in other words) You can get a pattern like stripes, ripples or lines, or you can get a pattern that looks like spots/little blobs. I like to call those Sahel Clouds because they resembled the dry, cracked African ground during dry season. I see both types of these down here in FL all winter long with cold fronts, they can be quite gorgeous in their own right, especially at sunrise or sunset! Depending on the summer weather, we see them then, too (like when a tropical storm or hurricane is near) If those clouds were sure bets to foretell earthquakes, everywhere a cold front is or is near, or anywhere the atmosphere is unstable should be having EQs all the time

edit on 10/19/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Is anyone extremely restless & bored, or agitated this morning? Every single person I know and have spoken to this morning in person & online is either very restless & bored, or very agitated so far today. I myself am beyond bored out of my skull this morning. I feel like I need to get up and do something, anything, but meh, I'm so damn bored. One of my friends is so agitated that it's like walking on eggshells, I'm avoiding her because I don't know what will set her off again (or why)

I thought it was really, really strange that everyone has said how they're bored & restless, or agitated. It's an odd choice of words to keep hearing over & over.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

I'm not bored, but I'm very anxious and agitated. I've had a few fairly major traumas this week ...nothing that won't be fixed, but they're stressing me out to the point where I feel like I'm sliding back in to the nightmare I was in about 18 months ago where I felt I couldn't leave the house. I had someone pull a fast one on me at work...and wasn't very nice about it with NO provocation at all, then my mum told me that she wants to move in with us, and I'm climbing the walls worrying about it as she seems determined to make it happen, and it's gonna take a fight to make her do otherwise...
, and then today, leaky pipes with water dripping through the ceiling...I've had enough!

So yeah...anxious and agitated and feeling like I just want to hibernate and do whatever I please...paint, draw, make curtains, cook, anything that keeps me really really busy. Right now, I'm at work, painting furniture. Maybe it's last night's lunar eclipse at work.

new topics

top topics

<< 199  200  201    203  204  205 >>

join