It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thanks for the screen shot, but I can't seem to get it to post after downloading it in email; there's no url and it won't cut and paste.

I wonder if they will delete the New Mexico EQ as well?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

HIT: Magnitude 5.6 quake, Hokkaido, Japan at 17:03 UTC. -- This is about 90 minutes after your prediction post.
Nice work!!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

No, it has no url because it's just an image I saved to my computer. But I've since uploaded that image to a photobucket site so I'll try linking it in here.

Well the above image shows a quake in Wyoming, which shortly after being made public, disappeared from the USGS maps. Because the data is useful I took this screen shot by going back on my browser to this map. The shot is from my own laptop and has not been messed around with in any way.

Edit: If anyone wishes to access the complete image (which looks better) you can go to it via this link.

Mike

Edited again because I mistakenly called Wyoming "Montana" so I had to fix it. Sorry about that..It's been a lonnnng day... Not sure why I was thinking of Montana...

[edit on 4-6-2008 by JustMike]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Yes, Photobucket...
Good work. Proof it was there, at least.

I recall Observe50 mentioning something about Montana, an area in Montana she was told to keep an eye on... I know she'll remember... That memory popped up when I saw the EQ in Montana.

On Japan, it's close enough. I was thinking >6.0, but maybe that is somewhere else in the next 12-24 hours.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kattraxx
I wonder if they will delete the New Mexico EQ as well?

Well, I hope not...It's been up for a while now, at least. And anyway, if they do I've already got screen shots of the USGS map and data pages for this quake (event ID us2008swba)

Edit to add: And yes, I agree that a mag 6 -plus is due within 12 to 24 hours. Not so sure on where though. Japan is possible but I'm thinking more of where the Philippines plate meets the Eurasian plate. That region at least.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by JustMike]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If only they knew how much we watch their pages (the usgs). Too bad we all can't get paid to work at home and watch earthquakes like this.

Tela

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Last night i slept in peace, for the most part, which strikes me as odd seeings as how for the 7 nights beforehand i was visited with haunting events in my eyes. I only fear something big is about to come because of this lack of 'download'. After reflecting again on some of the dreams, I am going to say since i was shown a coastline, Japan and, or south west coast line. . . thats just my gut telling me. And possibly one in our heartland Central states

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hakii
After reflecting again on some of the dreams, I am going to say since i was shown a coastline, Japan and, or south west coast line. . . thats just my gut telling me. And possibly one in our heartland Central states

Hakii, when you say south west coast line, where do you mean? Japan?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I think I see why USGS deleted the Wyoming EQ. It was directly under Flaming Gorge Reservoir.

www.lib.utexas.edu...

Flaming Gorge Dam

Foundation: Steep-sided narrow canyon composed of siliceous sandstone and hard quartzites inter-bedded with softer shales, siltstones, and argillates. About 1.5 miles (2.4 km) east of the dam, a road cut has revealed a fault scarp on the southbound side with about 9 feet (3 m) of slippage.

[edit on 6/4/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Arizona EQ 3.5

This one never popped on the U.S. map in red. I've been checking the maps and all of a sudden, there it is in blue.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
In the States what I am seeing is the quakes moving inland.

Wasn't Montana Katt what I wrote one time was I was told to remember Casper Wyoming????? Why?????

From what I am gathering from around this site is there is something major expected between the 7th and the 10th no later then the middle of the month.

I would think the IRIS map will settle somewhat for a few days so I will keep a check on that and see if anything jumps out at me.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
China is still having some decent sized aftershocks I thought this would have settled down in size by now somewhat.

Still seeing quakes happening in newer locations that are a decent size. How are the animals anything new with them?

Everything in my neck of the woods seems fine.

I think we need to add ocean specimens to the list. If there is underwater/sea activity and these volcanoes are warming the water we are going to see water species moving to different location or dying off.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kattraxx
Arizona EQ 3.5

This one never popped on the U.S. map in red. I've been checking the maps and all of a sudden, there it is in blue.

I remember seeing that quake early this morning (my time) but I can't recall if it was showing red. It should have at first as these quakes are auto-posted and then reviewed later. So if it popped up blue then somehow the auto-post system either didn't work or was over-ridden. I see that the USGS data page was last modified more than two hours after the quake but I don't know if that has any bearing on the matter.

I see there has also been a mag 3.6 in Illinois. That's pretty unusual there, isn't it? Who posted a prediction that the quakes would start moving inland to the central states?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I didn't know this, but MT St Helens actually stopped dome building back in January and they've decided to lower the alert color.

I'm actually surprised to hear this what with all the other volcanic activity around the world and especially the earthquake activity.

Now theres another thing for me to worry about :rolls eyes:

Tela

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
We have to watch the Illinois area for sure well, at least for me because that is near the Arc of St. Louis I was shown in the early fifties which hadn't been built yet but they specifically showed that to me???? why??? The Mississippi River widening several miles seperating the USA????

What a disaster this would be. I still not feeling anything here in PA. I am still hoping against hope that this is all happening to ease something that might have been much worse.

I checked the all quake map for Cal./NV and the list is long and not letting up!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Maybe the EQ in AZ happened just before the "next day" change for USGS and went from "last hour" to "last day".

That was Hakii who predicted America's heartland would see EQs again. I believe that was either yesterday or the day before. Good call, Hakii. I hope your dreams are not as accurate.

Wasatch and New Madrid have the same precursors on Charlotte King's list.

Edit to add: Hakii, I have posted your "heartland" EQ hit on the Results thread.

[edit on 6/5/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This morning... still getting Japan.

Sierrras and Wasatch/New Madrid... still getting those precursors. I wish I got ear tones, that would help separate symptoms/regions...

Anyone have any precursor symptoms to report? Might help me narrow down a region or two.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Morning Kattraxx, my ears have been ringing a solid tone all morning... mainly in my right ear, but at times it is equal in both...

had a short jab below my left ribs about 15 minutes ago, but it is gone now.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

I have had a high pitch ringing in both my ears for a very long time but what I have noticed lately is this is getting louder. I first noticed this at night when everything seemed to quite but I am now noticing that it is very loud and clear during the day with all the noises taking place.

I don't think it means anything but thought I would write it out.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
damntheptb and observe50, I also have the constant tone in my ears, which is usually what I'll get, never a fog horn tone. This is a very high pitched sound today that is perplexing, since it is not on Char's list.

While the precursors are somewhat confusing today, I think they best fit the Wasatch/New Madrid system, which includes Yellowstone. I'm still feeling Japan too.

I think there may be some SF bay area mixed in here too.

Edit to add: Based on the intensity of some precursor symptoms, I will say that if an EQ hits in the next couple days, it will be at least 5.0.

[edit on 6/5/08 by kattraxx]

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join