It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 198
<< 195  196  197    199  200  201 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
Extreme anxiety, lots of pain in joints and muscles the last couple of days . . .

Oh god, this ^^. I came in here to post the exact same bad anxiety, and joint & muscle pain. I have spent the entire night fidgeting, cracking joints, stretching, and fidgeting, and cracking joints. I've been trying to play a video game to distract myself, but it's not working very well... This incredibly anxious feeling of "something's not right" came on pretty suddenly about 3 hours ago.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

*hug*...this is too weird now. I really thought, almost hoped, it was just be being hopelessly oversensitive, but seems maybe not. It has been quite sudden, I do agree, and it's not that often I'm up in the middle of the night at all...I sleep like a dead thing usually. My skin was so sore yesterday I had to wear an extra layer of clothes just to try and calm it down, and I could barely let hubby touch me at all. I just wish I could get more on location. Sensing something with no idea where it's centered is very frustrating.

I just googled the Blair Witch Project, as the images I was seeing in my head reminded me of that. It was filmed partly in the Seneca Creek State Park in Maryland and the name got me thinking. The word Seneca stood out, and I realise there are a few locations with that name, but came across a wiki page that mentions the hypothesis that the Seneca Guns heard in North Carolina could be the sound of pieces of the continental shelf falling into the Atlantic abyss. Something about this makes my hair stand on end.

I hate feeling like this....let's hope it doesn't last too long.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hellooo???

It's been so quiet on this thread, it was half way down page 2.

I was just curious to know if any of you more sensitive folks were feeling anything? My senses don't seem to be keenly connected to impending earthquakes, but I have been feeling the need to check the quake pages incessently the past hour--like I'm expecting to see something significant. No idea where...

Just curious if anyone else out there was feeling anything.
Enjoy your weekend!

Olivine
edit on 8/24/2013 by Olivine because: my poor typing strikes again

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Maybe the quit before the storm? Enjoy the peace.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I felt an an unusual sense of vague alarm last night, one that amplified when I immediately went to run GEE and found that it appears the server(s) may be down. In hindsight, not even sure where I would have watched, and still am not sure. It bothers me to no end that I still can't bring up a list of seismos to keep an eye on.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Morning all..

I've been watching what's going on here, or not, for a wee while, and trying to be a very vigilant about my own symptoms too, so I don't post about every last pain thinking it's something significant. I have to say, there has been nothing at all that I would post about here, although I did have a couple of days this week when I was very anxious, but I'm pretty sure that's domestic stuff. I have a situation in my life that has the potential to make me very ill with the stress it induces, so I have to be careful what I post and what I don't.

So...nothing to report apart from some anxiousness, although I do find myself drawn to the New Madrid issue if I have some quiet time at work and can watch vids online. There is also quite a lot of stuff out there about upcoming events "planned" for October, and more talk about Fema region 3 which is Washington DC to West Virginia roughly. Not exactly Mew Madrid zone, but the phenomena of rogue quakes is well recognised. These are eq's that occur in places that have no or very little seismic event history, and can be large in magnitude. I've always had a feeling that whatever hits us will be totally unexpected, in a place we would never think to look, and there are two or more simultaneous events, not necessarily both geological. Maybe that's why all struggle to much with pinning down a location.

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday.
I'm working but that's ok.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Oh yeah...and I've had that stupid song stuck in my head again..."from LA to New York"....been there for a couple of days....grrrr! I know I haven't heard it anywhere, cos I don't listen to the radio or watch tv.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
South Carolina , North Carolina and New York have all had earthquakes today.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
It bothers me to no end that I still can't bring up a list of seismos to keep an eye on.

Me too! Even with GEE's diminished capacity over the past months, I'd rather have it available than nothing at all.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
We haven't been having multiple symptoms for quite awhile.
Even the last two 6's gave very little warning.

I had some anxiousness one day this last week.
It only lasted an hour or so.
Didn't log it 'cause I've been so far off lately!

Late this afternoon I was feeling sad for no reason.
Tonight hubby has it!
His is usually more accurate than mine.
It might be someone we know is very sick.
But usually for him it's quake related.

The NY, NC & SC gave me a funny feeling,
but I couldn't put my finger on why!
Then I remembered...a few times in the last couple of weeks...
I've felt the bed shake a little!
Side to side, not like the cat jumped up or anything!

A couple of times it woke me up, but I thought I was dreaming.
But I've felt it when I was awake a few times too!
Bedroom is on the second floor.
I wondered why I never feel it during the day!
Maybe it's more noticeable higher up & when I'm flat out!
Except for the 5.8 that time in VA!!!

Guess time will tell.
WOQ

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It really did get quiet in here awhile! I can't really comment on how i'm feeling (which is crap) but I just found out last week that I am having another baby!
- So pretty sure the constant fatigue and nausea I'm feeling lately is due to that, not upcoming eqs!
- I'll continue to read though, as I reckon there has to be some connection going on!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Wow! Congratulations!
Even although you're feeling crap, it's wonderful, and a much better reason for feeling sick than some earthquake somewhere.

I did notice also that there were little quakes offshore in the UK yesterday, which is very unusual, and also in Paris too, if I remember rightly...half asleep, so will try and find the link. Weird that suddenly we're having quakes in very odd places out of the blue.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Wow! Congratulations!
Even although you're feeling crap, it's wonderful, and a much better reason for feeling sick than some earthquake somewhere.

I did notice also that there were little quakes offshore in the UK yesterday, which is very unusual, and also in Paris too, if I remember rightly...half asleep, so will try and find the link. Weird that suddenly we're having quakes in very odd places out of the blue.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Congratulations bkaust!

Pregnancy can sharpen the senses.
I didn't know about eq symptoms until our kids were grown.
So it will be interesting to see if you become more eq sensitive now!

Our own little Experimental Thread experiment!
After the sickness stage passes of course!

Hope you feel better!!!
WOQ

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
reply to post by bkaust

Wow! Congratulations!

Oh most definitely better than having no real idea for feeling off! thank you!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasobservingquietly
reply to post by bkaust

Congratulations bkaust!

Pregnancy can sharpen the senses.
I didn't know about eq symptoms until our kids were grown.
So it will be interesting to see if you become more eq sensitive now!

Our own little Experimental Thread experiment!
After the sickness stage passes of course!

Hope you feel better!!!
WOQ

Haha, I'm happy to play Guinea pig! I didn't start really looking into this alternative business until after my daughters birth, so you may well be on to something there! & thank you!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Ok, so I had a really strange dream last night - I dreamt that me, the mr & our daughter were holidaying in Japan, on the 94th floor of some hotel (I don't even know if their buildings go that high) ok, just checked, they don't - not even close, so maybe future? I felt like we were in Tokyo, but I can't be sure.

Anyway, We were looking out these big windows and I was pointing out landmarks "that's mt Fuji!" but then I said "oh, wait! No, it's Sakurajima!"* we watched as the entire mountain/volcano basically imploded on itself and the cloud just ate up the sky towards us - then the entire building was moving really dramatically from side to side and we were jumping in the air to try and escape the feeling of being thrown about (I don't know why) and I was just trying to tell them that "Japan is built for this - if this has to happen here, we are the safest here than anywhere in the world for this to happen in" but the building was literally swaying from side to side.

Then I woke up! So not an earthquake specific dream, but I got the feeling that even though the mountain was far away - probably at least 50km from where we were viewing from, that the shaking was absolutely massive for whatever reason.

*Even thought when you look at a map Sakurajima is on the bottom of Japan, long long away from Tokyo, so who knows!

- Probably from a sleep deprived mind, toddler has been sick and i'm running on fumes at the moment, plus add those weirdly vivid pregnancy dreams to the mix!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This is the 2nd day in a row that I have not seen squirrels in my yard. I have several bird feeders that they are ALWAYS trying to rob.

The last time I noticed this happening was around the time of the 5.8 earthquake in Virginia.

I've also noticed that the birds are eerily quiet.

This probably means nothing but wanted it noted just in case.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by iprotectwildlife

There was a 2.3 in Louisa, VA on the 30th.
How far away are you?
Maybe there are still some micro tremors that they are sensing?
Hope it's not something in the works!!!
WOQ

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

I am 215 miles NE of Louisa, VA so it is possible because we did feel the 5.8 earthquake in 2011

Hoping they are not sensing the future

top topics

<< 195  196  197    199  200  201 >>

join