It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 184
<< 181  182  183    185  186  187 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I thought I'd post this, and look maybe too alarmed, than not, I guess. Last time here, I posted I had a bad headache prior, to some shake'in activity. (I normally......am headache-free).
Right now, and after the big 8 in the Pacific, I mean, just now, I have a -sudden- headache. So lets see if more activity will be underway. I myself will find that verrrry interesting.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
USGS says there was a 6.6 at close to 2:UTC, (Santa Cruz Islands) which would be about an hour before I posted my above headache. (US Central Time). Are these things wind-downs, or harbingers?
I have to go lay dow. I suppose I will learn more tomorrow.

Edit To Ad

Magnitude 5.1 "33 minutes ago" quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Now I'll go nightnight. (Or....maybe not!)

Edit To Ad

ONE! More post for the night. The above website shows yet more and more like, 5.3's, mere minutes ago. They just won't quit.
Well,......maybe they will.
...................(hehe, er,)
edit on 5-2-2013 by Eedjee because: #

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
So I was having a huge argument with the ex smack in the middle of the eq last night. The only reason I mention something personal like that, is because my eq app on my phone went crazy, I looked down and saw the eq, and thought to myself, 'Please dont let anyone be hurt, but good for you Mother Earth, maybe this anger and rage all around me will go away finally'.

Its horrible when anyone looses their life to our planet, my thoughts and prayers go out to all of those affected.

After the argument, I thought I would calm down a bit, as I thought the feeling of rage beneath me. Well, I calmed down just fine, but that feeling of heat and anger in the ground is stronger than it was the last few days.

Peace and prayers to all
edit on 6-2-2013 by lasertaglover because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'm positive the 'quake yesterday evening (my time) influenced my dream last night, but I'll put it up here anyway, just in case.
I dreamed that I'd been fiddling with the computer calendar & clock the following either late evening or early overnight (meaning Wednesday night/Thursday overnight) but was unsure if which time was accurate because it was a new European model & new OS company, and therefore wasn't sure if the time & date settings were for US eastern. While I was trying to figure out how to check the settings, the Firefox on that computer opened up, and showed me a live seismo (probably the one I've been watching IRL in GEE) from "The Islands", with the amplitude hitting in excess of 2mm. The TV auto-started itself, and an anchor from BBC announced a 9.2 in the Solomon Islands. I woke up shaking like a leaf and kept hoping "Not again, not again" (as in Japan's biggie---not another monster earthquake in the Solomons)

I'm also on day 2 of a nasty headache & general feeling of unwellness, but so is the husband & one of the kids, so I think anything physical is definitely going to be skewed by genuine illness if there is anything to sense. My feelings on anything being "off" or "not right" might also be skewed as well.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Also just wanted to say that I think it is wondeful that many of you all felt this or saw it coming.

Data and number crunching is good, models and graphs and all of that, but I think there is an internal way of predicting that is more accurate, that we have yet to define.

The animals always know.

Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Olivine, I figured that you posted about 34 minutes before that magnitude 8.0 quake hit. If it's just synchronicity then that's quite something, all the same.

I'm still trying to figure the "west to east" part. (It's not unreasonable for an American to interpret the "206" as Feb 6th and so I can go with that.) One thing that came to mind was that the west coast of the Americas is east of where this quake happened. So, could we surmise that after this Santa Cruz Islands region quake, there might be a major one somewhere on the west coast of the Americas? (North or South.)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover
The animals always know.

Not really.

Some years ago, when we had our last noticeable earthquake here in continental Portugal (the Azores have many), my cat didn't noticed a thing.

The many cats and dogs that live in the area didn't gave any sign either.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

The "west to east" is odd to me too. Especially because conversationally "east to west", has always flowed more smoothly.

Maybe it refers to activity shifting from the west side of the Pacific plate, to the east side, as you suggest.
My first thoughts on the number "206" was that it was a Julien calander date, but "day 206" was in July 2012, weeks before this dream.

The strange part of this for me, was my need to post it in this thread, since, as you know, I'm not a regular poster. And even when I finished typing it up, I was convinced it was a waste of this threads' space. I found myself a bit stunned to see that big red circle on the USGS map, a few minutes after posting. A strange coincidence for sure...

edit on 2/6/2013 by Olivine because: fixing broken sentence

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Nope, it is true, e verdade mesmo (I know my brasilian portuguese is prob very different than yours, but oh well). Ill find articles later, but strong 7's and up trigger weird animal behavior beforehand.

Maybe it was the size of the eqs in your area that didnt trigger any animal response.

Peace e um abraco
edit on 6-2-2013 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Some excellent synchronicities popping up here folks. Hope everyone is feeling ok.

I've still had this anxious panic attack feeling getting worse the last few days, mentioning to my other half just this morning that I couldn't seem to shake it, and tonight I've been sleeping off a migraine, or trying to for the last few hours...was one of those really fast onset ones, driving back from town, and in the space of half an hour I went from totally fine, to almost unable to stand up. I have a howling headache still, but at least the sick feeling is leaving. Was about 6pm GMT.

Will check in in the morning, and hopefully no more migraine. Sleep well everyone.

Wanted to add...this worries me
edit on 6-2-2013 by caitlinfae because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm getting increasingly anxious over all this activity around the Solomons -I'm directly facing them where we live, granted not too close to the bay, but I'm watching ATS to see if anything new comes in.

Slept like crap least night, so did the kidlet, we are cosleepers, and she's usually fantastic, but last night she kept waking up for no reason, as did I, even checked quake watch at 3am just to check!

Hope everyone is well, I've been laying low due to these new braces, I figured anything I posted in January could be attributed to all the dental work!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Although the household ills are still here, everyone's getting better. I still have a nasty headache, and had an episode of muted hearing a moment ago. Coupled with the headache, it was jarring, and actually made me dizzy for a moment

About the west to east thing, that is strange. I wonder though, could it be a highway or route number? I googled "highway 206", and came back with US Highway 206 in NJ & PA, and Texas State Highway 206. The NJ/PA one runs N/S, and the Texas one runs SW/NE, but just maybe there's a more localized connection like one of these highways than strict cardinal directions like going from the west Pacific to east Pacific...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Poor hubby has been miserable with all these high quakes so close together!

I'm still off balance & dropping things!
REALLY tired, for no reason.
The last 3 nights I've fallen asleep right after supper trying to watch the news.
Slept for a couple of hours, but still slept the regular amount of time when I did go to bed!

Here's something I ran across while I was looking for something else.
It's about ear ringing & other eq symptoms.
A pretty long read, but easy to browse through!

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

SOURCE: Nexus Magazine

WOQ

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

The animals always know.

Not really.

Some years ago, when we had our last noticeable earthquake here in continental Portugal (the Azores have many), my cat didn't noticed a thing.

The many cats and dogs that live in the area didn't gave any sign either.

Para voce, here you go.

National Geographic article stating that eq researches in the US are skeptical, and only did a couple of studies in the 70's.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Times of India article talking about a joint UK/NASA project (note, not USGS) about animals and eqs.
articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

USGS article basically saying Western researchers dont know enough yet about animals and eqs.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Alternative news article that lists some of the history of animal prediction.
rense.com...

So basically, Westerners dont believe that we can learn anything from animal eq prediction, but many countries do, especially Japan and China.

Personally, I think that the arrogance of Western culture (Mans dominion over the earth and animals) is one of the root causes of problems on this planet.

It allows us to frack, and war, and pollute, and kill this planet.

And it prevents us from learning anything we look down upon, especially knowledge from so called lesser creatures like animals.

Peace

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Mood? What mood??!!! Have no clue why, but suddenly I'm in a rage. I'm the slowest tempered person I know apart from my other half....I have a long long long fuse...but right now, I could kill someone. My head is thumping and I feel like I'm going to be sick.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

So basically, Westerners dont believe that we can learn anything from animal eq prediction, but many countries do, especially Japan and China.

Have you ever thought that, as with people, it depends on the animals?

In the same way I don't feel any relation with anything I feel and earthquakes but some of you do, some animals may be sensitive to conditions before an earthquake while other animals may not.

I have never noticed any strange reaction from any animal for all the earthquakes I have felt during my life (some 7, if I'm not mistaken).

Personally, I think that the arrogance of Western culture (Mans dominion over the earth and animals) is one of the root causes of problems on this planet.

And I think it has nothing to do with arrogance, just a question of what can be observed or not.

And it prevents us from learning anything we look down upon, especially knowledge from so called lesser creatures like animals.

I have learned many things from other animals, but none of those are related to earthquakes.

What I noticed once before an earthquake was some unusual clouds (I like meteorology, so I always look at the clouds
) that I had never seen before or after. It was a small earthquake, maybe a 5.

PS: is it arrogance when people think other people act in a specific way because of arrogance?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

You are so right. Not every animal is the same, just as not all people are the same. Some animals are more affected due to many different variables. Do they use sonar? Are they, like bees, susceptible to electro-magnetic changes and frequencies? Do they live in an apartment, off the ground floor? Where are they located as far as altitude. The list of questions could go on and on.
Is the person observing them, really watching for subtle changes?

I have better hearing than most, but my eyesight is crap. I almost never wear shoes, maybe I pick up more vibration than some who always have a buffer between them and the planet. Point being, it's all relative.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Oh, no! Hang in there!
This can't last forever!

I feel my energy building, & I'm getting hungry.
But I'm surprised other than feeling really tired & 'heavy',
that I didn't have more symptoms before now!

Young cat just started trilling & wanting attention really badly.
The most insistant that I've ever seen her!
She wants my hand on her constantly.
She wasn't that needy with all the activity up to now!!!
WOQ

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Absolutely. I believe there are many types of animals, and people, that are blind to different things.

I also have learned many things from animals. I believe in the Native ways more than anything.

So I do agree with that part totally. However, I completely disagree with your points on western arrogance.

The articles I posted show that the usgs did a couple of animal tests in the 70's, and thats it.

I find that arrogant. And I was not talking about all people, specifically Western Scientific minds.

From accupuncture, to chakras, Western cultured science is blind to many concepts, including animals and their sensitivity.

Almost 2,000 years of stories about animals and eqs, and yet no research?

Asian cultures are studying this like crazy.

Pure Western arrogance.

Peace

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Hang in there friend. I am feeling it too. I am fighting it hard, meditating is not helping.

So much anger, circling like emotional sharks. And whats frustrating me more, is their is no direction for this anger, its just raw.

Prayers and positive thoughts to you.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 181  182  183    185  186  187 >>

join