It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 181
<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasobservingquietly
reply to post by Nyiah

Hi!
Wow, I'd say something is going on!
That's pretty over the top behavior even for a cat!
I can't remember if you said it had it's ears flat back or not?
Do you remember what time it started acting differently?
See what happens in the next 12 hours!

Our cats weren't doing anything today.
We had two of the grandkids overnight & most of today,
so things were a lot different here.
Mostly the cats just stayed out of the way!

Keep an eye out in case all of them start acting different at the same time!!!
The one could be more sensitive than the other ones.
But if they all start acting different, I'd say something was getting closer/stronger!
WOQ

Offhand, I can't remember exactly what hour he started acting super weird, but it was later into Thursday night. He seems to have settled way down overnight last night (Saturday late night/Sunday early morning) But for the time period he was acting like a paranoid basket case, he was really, really clingy & spooked. No, he didn't do anything like flattening his ears or puffing his fur or anything defensive or aggressive.
The other two honestly aren't phased by much. A bomb could go off behind them and they'd act all suave about it
I'm still keeping an eye on him & the older two for now anyway. He's already what I'd call a "squirrely" personality, but that behavior was a little creepy to me, in the sense that he very well could be picking up on something our senses aren't sensitive enough for.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hey....

Hope everyone is ok. I thought I would post to log the symptoms I've had the last couple of days. I've been totally clear for a month exactly, since Christmas day, and despite all the stuff that's been going on around me, I've been fine. No pain, no panic attacks. That was till two nights ago, and for the first time ever I had the start of a panic attack in the dark when I went to bed...thankfully my other half is the best at dealing with them, and it subsided before it started properly, but it was like a massive wave of panic out of nowhere. Then yesterday, I had sore joints in my hands again, for the first time in a month, also a little niggle of pain in my back and right leg, which I usually only get when I'm very stressed. Today, I'm fine physically, but anxious and on edge, a bit blue really.

As usual, I have no clues at all about location.
although I did find myself watching the Shakira vid for Whenever today, and I think it might have been shot or at least staged in Peru, or something that's meant to resemble it. Who knows.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hope it is just the pressure from the storm, afterall we have had snow, freezing rain, and now rain here in SE Michifan in the last 12 hours. But the ear ringing has started up this morning.

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It's bad this morning.
I only check this thread when I come to post, but it's uncanny how we all seem to feel something at the same times. I don't know what we are dialed into but my meter is spiking.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cherryontop
It's bad this morning.
I only check this thread when I come to post, but it's uncanny how we all seem to feel something at the same times. I don't know what we are dialed into but my meter is spiking.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Nothing for ages then everyone shows up. I'm sure Mike will be here in a minute
...I hope he's ok. I have more energy than I know what to do with today and a huge sense of urgency about what I'm doing. I'm spring cleaning, to be honest...a bit early maybe. Or is it? I'm getting ready for something, that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Funny you should mention spring cleaning. I finished mine last week. Cupboards, closets, the garage all done. Maybe there was some CME or something that gave us a burst of cosmic energy? I don't know but my anxiety is full tilt and there's no reason for it. None, everything is smooth as frogs hair here. The chest pressure is heavy, like in the past with the bad ones.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

Hmmm...now that's weird. It's spring cleaning to the nth degree too. The charity shops are going to have a ball with all the stuff I give them. I hope.
The only other odd symptom I've got are allergy like sensations in my eyes and throat, itchy and irritating, and usually I get them only in the middle of summer. Maybe it's just cos I haven't damp dusted for a while, but it's a strange thing to have in January when there's a foot of snow on the ground.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
You guys are creeping me out. I cleaned, and washed and cooked from 6am yesterday till 8pm last night, pretty much non stop and I never ever do that.

Not worried about it cause I am very fit and in shape, eat uber healthy too (except for my love affair with bacon), but my pulse has been racing this morning at times for zero reason.

Ear ringing, powerful pressure, and antsier than a kid in a candy store.

I'm worried about a large eq for sure.

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
M6.0 - 60km SE of Kegen, Kazakhstan

M6.0 - 60km SE of Kegen, Kazakhstan 2013-01-28 16:38:53 UTC
ShakeMap - VII DYFI? - V
Earthquake location 42.604°N, 79.696°E
Google Earth KML

How populated is this place...
edit to answer my own question, I hope they built well.

The population of Kegen, Kazakhstan is 9993 according to the GeoNames geographical database.

edit on 28-1-2013 by Cherryontop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Oh bugger. That makes 3 of us at least. Now I'm worried. I have a feeling that the 6 just posted won't be an issue, and hope to god no one got hurt. It will just pass with little damage and that's it. What on earth are we prepping for then? Suddenly I don't like this.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I don't know. The only thing I can say for me, is that my feeling is related to casualties, not necessarily magnitude.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This is too weird, I tackled some spring cleaning today, too, but don't feel like I've cleaned enough despite there being nothing left to clean, scrub, sort or organize o.O

And I woke very early, around 2am. I had a strong urge to cook tonight's chicken RIGHT then, and I did. The whole time I was prepping it to bake, I kept thinking, "WTF, I can't even see straight, why am I cooking this now again?" I treated myself to a piping hot wing afterward, stowed it in the fridge, and went back to bed for a while. I've been known to get up & bake cookies in the middle of the night because OMGNEEDCOOKIESNOW, and even baked a cake once, but I've never pre-cooked dinner at that hour

The cats, all of whom were acting perfectly normal, even the youngest who was a basket case a few days ago, thoroughly enjoyed their fresh chicken liver. It was at least a big win for them!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Okay guys, some quicke observations:

First of all, it's become pretty obvious that several of us flock here at the same time...even those of us that aren't around much or post very often anymore. That it tends to be whithin hours of each other, with very similar experiences (sometimes random) while not scientific, I think significant!

SO...it seems that 'wierd' is the word for today.
When browsing over FB this morning, I quickly noted that whithin minutes of each other, four of my 'friends' posted about waking up this morning between 2:30 - 3:30 am. I also woke up around this time, although I was able to get back to sleep (restless sleep...strange dreams about eating cakes.
)

Now, I don't really have many people I track on FB, so it's not like that's 3 out of 100s, we are all from the same small area. (sedro woolley in skagit county) I also noted this past few days several others commenting on big clean-outs. Definitely no hint of spring here!

I have also been very dizzy the past few days. I had whooping cough for several months at the begining of last year and then several bouts of vertigo through the summer. It has never totally gone away so I figure it is that just acting up again, because my sinues feel pressured too. But ya know I just think I should mention it. I know like four or five other people (again in my area) that have suffered from extreme vertigo this past year. I am talking about the falling down writhing and vomiting violently kind. I think it is due to the pertussis bacteria running rampant around here...but I have to throw it out there, just in case.

Hope nothing happens....but I have really been on edge for about a week now. Not sure where it's going to come from, but I feel it's coming.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I've been lurking the last couple of days, not surprised to see that others were feeling the same way I was. I struggle with these feelings. And this dull ache in my heart that says something big and terrible is coming. I'm so tired of it. Even most of the time, as I'm going about my day to day life, where I'm not having symptoms or feelings, it still very quietly there, staring at me. I try to stay away from ATS (so I won't obsess) but sometimes when the feelings get stronger I have to come and see what's going on. Honestly, there's always a ton of stuff going on. Correlations are easy to find. Causes? Sigh. So elusive...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I just read this and would love thoughts regarding "NATURAL CATACLYSMS AS A GLOBAL FACTOR OF INFLUENCE ON THE WORLD ECONOMY" ..click and read... www.2011.geocataclysm.org...

Propose a model of emission of slow tectonic waves (stress waves) in the focal region of an imminent earthquake as a result of plastic deformation of crustal layers immediately before the rupture (abrupt displacement).Tectonic waves are a kind of mechanical waves, altering the density of crust layers in the motion process. Alternating changes in the density of the crust layers lead to periodic changes of the mass and, as a consequence, of the gravitational field within the front of the tectonic wave. The monitoring of spatio-temporal changes in the gravitational field can be carried out using special devices consisting of the mutually perpendicular Cavendish balance and gravimeter. EARTHQUAKE PREDICTION USING ULF VARIATIONS OF THE GRAVITATIONAL FIELD O.V. Martynov, S.A. Shopin, S.P. Kurotchenko, R.V. Parshutin, V.A. Shopin, P.V. Anikeev, J.V. Chapkova Tula State University, R&D Department, Russia It is considered concept of the geodynamical processes mechanism, based on the interpretation of our planet as open nonlinear dynamical system, whose quasi-equilibrium state is periodically disturbed by the external influences associated with more global spaces (Sun, Solar System, Galaxy and etc). In consequence of disturbances of quasi-equilibrium state (which we call additional polarization) compensational processes take place acting according to the conservation laws and aiming to return the system state to the equilibrium. Originally additional polarization emerge in the planet inner core which is its center of the mass and center of polarization (according to A. Vlasov). Correspondingly

Cont.

compensational process, being the response to the additional polarization, also begins in the inner core and gradually moves along the direction from the core to the surface (and further) involving additional volumes of the planet structures into the process. On every structural level compensational process results in the additional polarization and, correspondigly, in the secondary compensational processes. Outcome of the process into the lithosphere resulting in the polarization of some of its volume is the reason of future earthquake. On the basis of considered approach processes in the atmosphere are interrelated with the processes in the lithosphere. And this correlaton is the most obvious illustration of the process. Whole processes complex is reflected in the dynamics of the terrestrial gravitational field. Every planet structural level (inner core, outer core, mantle, lithosphere, atmosphere and etc) is associated with the definitive frequency band. During the event preparation ultra low frequency (ULF,

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So,I have been out of the earthquake picture for sometime.
Just didn't think it was going anywhere.
Earthquakes happen all the time,right?

Till tonight I felt like I needed to check it out again.

Reminds me the time when I turned on CNN late one night,which I rarely watch, in march 2011 and saw live pictures of people and houses being swept away during a tsunami.From an earthquake off the shore of Japan.

It's probably nothing,I hope anyways.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Just had a horrible dizzy spell. It actually felt like I was riding waves in the ocean. Also, along with it came a roar in my ears.....

Almost 11pm here. I hope I get to sleep. 5:30 am is going to come faster than I would like.

ETA - posted then went back to catch up since Friday. Hello everyone, it is amazing how the group ebbs and flows together!
edit on 28-1-2013 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It's been a bit since I've had any earthquake dreams, they seemed to have dropped off entirely for a while. Because I woke in the middle of the night with the desire to pre-cook dinner, and power cleaned in the morning, I was pretty zonked from the sleep interruption & such by actual dinner time. As soon as it was done, I shunted the kids the husband's way & went to bed. I woke up a little while ago, from a new earthquake dream that didn't follow my Japan/Kamchatka/AK/PNW dream pattern at all--it was a very different location. In the dream, I was on the couch watching the boob tube, flipping through the channels, and stopped on CNN. After a few minutes, they tossed up all of the breaking news graphics, and announced a 7.1 in France, the epicenter just northeast of Paris. After a few more minutes of repeating the basic event info, they announced they had imagery from the area, and it looked like WW2 all over again with the extent of 'quake damage. After a few more minutes, I couldn't look at the images on TV anymore or listen to the anchor, so I went to the bedroom instead & laid down to calm down. I woke up IRL in pretty much the same position I'd laid down in in my dream, and for a moment, remembered the 7.1 as actual fact. I checked the USGS real quick, surprised to see a 4.4 in Greece, but extremely relieved to see nothing elsewhere in Europe.

Out of curiosity, I opened Google Maps and checked out the area where the epicenter was in my dream. If anyone is familiar with France, this was about half the way between Pars, and Rouen, Magny-en-Vexin looks to be the closest town to where the epicenter would have been. I tried to zoom in as close as possible while trying to keep it roughly the same size as the news' map.

I highly doubt this is in any way a prophetic dream, but probably closely related to my feeling that the eastern Mediterranean or Turkey is overdue for a Big One. I'm not sure if any faults in France are even capable of producing that magnitude anyway. Either way, it was extremely disturbing, especially in that I actually had a pinpointed epicenter, and not a vague area, for a change.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

A big earthquake in France is not very likely, the biggest earthquake for which there is a record was the 1909 Lambesc earthquake, in the south of France.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yap not very likely, more option have area of Portugal and Spain for not dangerous location ..

Dangerous location are area on "line" from Italy to south Adriatic sea to Montenegro-Greece around Black-Aegean Sea to Turkey to Pakistan-Iran area to Nepal to China ..

new topics

top topics

<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join