It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 177
<< 174  175  176    178  179  180 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

I'd agree with Laser. The difficulty is tying down a time frame as well as the next likely location. Consider what's gone on recently: there was that mag 7.7 off the caost of BC on Oct 28, with a mag 6.4 aftershock the same day, then there was a mag 6.3 on Nov 8, just west of Van Island, then 4 days later on Nov 12, there was a mag 6.4 in the gulf of Alaska.

So, with this above-average activity, it makes me think there could be more to come. There is still that long stretch of the west coast from WA down to Cali that still has seen little action.

In fact, this event rang a bell for me as I recall writing about SoCal recently. So I dug back and in this post on Dec 2, I said:

Also have to say that when I was reviewing the maps yesterday, "Southern Californina" came in very strong, and for me, that's a rarity. I almost never have any "indicators" for SoCal, so I've got my eye on it for any possible uptick in activity.

Obviously "Californina" is a typo.
But it's true: it's very rare that I get any sorts of indicators for SoCal. The region is so active with smaller quakes that it would have to be something very significant to attract my interest.

Today's mag 6.3, off the coast a WSW from SoCal, was highly significant. As I've mentioned in the other post, that particular area has not had an event of this size during the last 39 years and possibly a lot longer than that. It makes me think that my indicators for SoCal were valid.

edit on 14/12/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thanks Laser and Mike. Alas, I was afraid you would say this--I have that "gut" feeling too.

As you have shown with the activity in recent months along the western margin of the US, it looks to me like the Pacific plate is desperately trying to shove NW. But it seems to be "stuck" at the "big bend" in the San Andreas, and at the Mendocino triple junction up north.
One of these locations is bound to move significantly at some point.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Yikes! Cali is rocking around the Christmas tree.

As far as symptoms go for me. I have had a weird thing in my right ear. It is like when you momentarily loose hearing and then it pops back only longer. That is about all physically besides extreme exhaustion which could be from an over active schedule.

The wave of sadness hit me hard last night also. It was strange because I was laughing and playing with my kids and then about a half hour later I was very depressed feeling. Almost like I had no hope and I cried when I put my girls to sleep last night just because I guess.

I do find it weird that we all seem to experience this at around the same time. At first I thought I was letting this thread influence me, so I purposely would stay away until I was ready to report. Once I would come on to post and read through, I started finding too many similarities. Well, now that I know this, what to do with it?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Haven't been able to get in to post for a few days & the computer is still wonky.
It was like I wasn't logged on, but it finally just came back?!

I don't like trying to read in that format, don't know why it bothers me.
Can't load videos again either. Some links won't work either.
Put in an emergency call to youngest son, but it could be a day or two
'til he has a break from work!
I'll be really upset if something develops & I can't get on line!!!

Thinking something is still coming.
Hubby said he almost had a seizure in the dentist's chair yesterday afternoon.
About 14 hours before the 6.3. But he's feeling something again.
Young cat was wanting attention a little while ago.
Oldest daughter & hubby are sharing their crankiness again too!
My ears have been ringing for quite awhile.

What really has me holding my breath is someone in Cali, on the 6.4 thread,
said their dog was still pacing this afternoon!
Not very many after shocks so far, & half of them are 1's.
So I wonder if the dog is still sensing something coming yet too?!
WOQ

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I don't really have much to add..except I have had a rough week or two with dizyness/aches/ears ringing. Not sure if it's just a case of vertigo threatening (suffered that earlier this year) or what, but I'm finding myself drawn here tonight. Feeling....restless, like I need to turn GEE on. Maybe I will.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Had a dizzy spell today while out. I'm used to feeling dizzy from panic attacks, but these ones lately seem like I'm totally swaying/off balance. Had feelings of total sadness the last three or so days, to where I've not wanted to even post, I've just been lurking. I've been healing some large tattoos and wisdom tooth is giving me grief so it could just be all that - if I'm still feeling crap after all that's healed/sorted, I think I'll go get some bloods taken.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

How are you feeling about this one down off Baja Cali Tara? A few people are worried it'll create some stress further up - any gut feelings or your pups acting up?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I was surprised when I looked at USGS today and saw
that there had been so few eqs during the night.

I noticed before, when Chile, New Zealand & Japan
have one on the same day, a bigger one usually follows.
Today Argentina, New Guinea & Japan have all had one.
I hope that doesn't work the same way!

Hubby almost went into a seizure twice today in 2 1/2 hours!
I'm barely strong enough anymore to massage his neck hard enough,
or long enough, to bring him out of it. Especially two that close together!
I wish I could remember if it happened before Japan's!

I hate to think it's something with his health that's developing!
I don't want it to be a big quake though either!
He's not cranky today, but oldest daughter still is.
I have some mild ear ringing, & I feel my energy building.
But what's up with all the sadness so many have been feeling???

Did anyone feel like that before Japan?

############
bkaust
Wow, a tattoo & wisdom tooth at the same time!
What a painful combination!
Hope you're feeling better!

When we were in Australia in Sept, we took a side trip to Tonga,
& our middle son wanted to get a tribal tattoo while we were there.
We were only there for a day & a half so he had to have it done all at one time.
He had his upper arm & chest done on one side.
He was at the tattoo place for 12 hours, over 9 hours for actual tattooing.

He did pretty well considering! The guy told him not to hold his breath.
So he had to do a lot of 'Lamaze type' breathing! Pain & puffing!
We told him, now he knows a little bit what it's like to give birth!!!

He told him to use diaper rash cream on it. He never got any scabbing or peeling!
We were all thinking about getting some little thing the same, some little,
'itsy, bitsy' thing, as a remembrance. After watching the last couple of hours of his...NOT!
Plus he used up all the time! Thank goodness!
WOQ

edit on 15-12-2012 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Ok, this is bothering me so I have to post.

Firstly I hope everyone is ok and not feeling to many awful symptoms. It's difficult to tell what are just physical things going on, and what might be other sensitivities...we all struggle with telling them apart.

Here's what has just occurred to me in the last little while. You all know I've been through a whole raft of tests to try and pin point the pain, and nothing shows at all. Right now, I'm still in agony with my joints, mostly in my hands, but also hips, elbows, and ankles at times. After talking to my mum who has more than 50 years nursing experience, and is herself a sufferer, we think it's most likely osteoarthritis, which is very common in my family. Here's what confuses me...it's so intermittent I can't pin it down to one thing or even several things that trigger it. My diet is fabulous, I don't do anything that might create a problem, so I thought maybe the cold would do it, but I've been as bad in summer as I am now in -8's. Something is triggering it, I just don't know what. I also thought I would try magnetic bracelets, as many people swear by them for pain relief....bear with me here...and if tiny magnets can help with pain for something like this, then perhaps shifts or changes in the magnetic field in and around the earth could cause it. Be kind to me...I'm thinking out loud here and don't want to sound like I'm suggesting it's a "disturbance in the force" thingy...

I was thinking back to when I was this bad, when I was in this much pain, cos I've had it for a few years not knowing what was going on, and it was about two years ago. Yes we did have a particularly cold winter that year, with daytime temps of -17 on occasions, but I still don't think that's such a big deal. It was in the two months leading up to the Japan quake that I was really suffering, and could hardly walk some days at work...so bad that even the senior management team were stopping me at work to ask if I was ok. People here keep mentioning Japan, and it just kinda clicked that there might be a link. Then my ankles were the worst, but now it's my hands, and sometimes further up my arms. They've never been this bad, and my ankles are fine now relatively speaking....go figure. Maybe we're facing another 9 magnitude in a different location.

So there you go...my weird little contribution for today.

edit on 15-12-2012 by caitlinfae because: for clarity

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I had to post this cos it just popped in my head and I wanted to practise the vid thingy Mike said about...hope it works...

Oh look...it works!

Here's another that I didn't do before....

edit on 15-12-2012 by caitlinfae because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasobservingquietly

############
bkaust
Wow, a tattoo & wisdom tooth at the same time!
What a painful combination!
Hope you're feeling better!

When we were in Australia in Sept, we took a side trip to Tonga,
& our middle son wanted to get a tribal tattoo while we were there.
We were only there for a day & a half so he had to have it done all at one time.
He had his upper arm & chest done on one side.
He was at the tattoo place for 12 hours, over 9 hours for actual tattooing.

He did pretty well considering! The guy told him not to hold his breath.
So he had to do a lot of 'Lamaze type' breathing! Pain & puffing!
We told him, now he knows a little bit what it's like to give birth!!!

He told him to use diaper rash cream on it. He never got any scabbing or peeling!
We were all thinking about getting some little thing the same, some little,
'itsy, bitsy' thing, as a remembrance. After watching the last couple of hours of his...NOT!
Plus he used up all the time! Thank goodness!
WOQ

edit on 15-12-2012 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

9 hours! He must have some pain tolerance!!! I think my body would have shut down! I usually start shaking and need to tap or after 4, over the week though I've had about 6 hours, at $150ph it hurts the pocket more than anything! Wisdom tooth is just cutting through, in January I need, 9 fillings, 3 extractions and braces put on, at 27! Haha. Needless to say my daughter will grow up making sure she knows teeth are something to look after!

~~~~~~ back on topic, feeling really nauseous today, bit spacey, no dizzyness just yet!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

I've mainly lurked this past year too...actually going for days at a time without even checking in.

As to the S. cali quake. What bothers me is the nice BIG gap now in the ring of fire. There have been numerous moderate to large quakes in most 'quadrants'....except ours. (Being the Pacific Northwest)

The energy is never actually spent, but simply transferred. I think our numbers up.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Catilinfae, I was reading your post and wanted to ask if you have you been tested for Lupus/SLE? Your symptoms seem more consistent with Lupus than osteoarthritis if you are having bilateral (both sides simultaneous) symptoms, while osteoarthritis is usually unilateral/one sided. Lupus is a systemic autoimmune disease which attacks the connective tissue of blood and lymph vessels, which causes inflammatory responses and tissue damage and results in arthritis, fatigue, enlarged lymph nodes, among other problems, and has flare ups and remissions. It's just one thought that came to my mind when reading your post. I just graduated from an RN program, so I do have a medical background. FYI I used to be pretty active on this thread when I had time but I still monitor it often. I get the same symptoms myself as everyone else on this thread, and it's always tough trying to decide if it's energy related to earth activity or there is a medical or drug explanation for symptoms. Anyway, just though I would chime in about the symptoms you were describing. Hope you are feeling better.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

Hey...

Thank you for your post and as far as I know, the tests were pretty comprehensive, although I didn't ask about this one. My doc made a point about there not being anything attacking my joints from an auto-immune standpoint, but I don't know if it included lupus. Will do my homework on this one.

It's driving me mad, as I can't pinpoint the source and I'm sure I sound crazy to many people, but things like weather, and particularly visual and auditory stimuli affect me to a huge degree. I just don't know. I'm just playing the synchronicity game here, and trying to to get to hung up on it all, but I will investigate your suggestion, so thank you very much for that.

At the moment, my right side is worse than the left, but that seems to happen when it's in an acute phase, if you like, and when the symptoms are less severe, it's a more general pain that will affect joints on both sides, if that makes sense. I just wish I could find the pattern or trigger.

Hope everyone is feeling ok tonight...
Nite nite.

Cx

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thanks Mike for the welcome

I'm already blown away, with how you have covered the recent off shore Baja quakes.
I'm looking forward to getting more involved.

I will go ahead and add I had a noticeable ring in my left ear lasting about 15 sec it was about a 4 on a scale of 10.
Around 2:30 pm PST.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Observationalist because: Added more info

edit on 16-12-2012 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Youngest son was here last night, & removed the 'wonky' from the computer.
He also installed the Firefox eq app!!!! Yay!!! A new toy!!!! ****Thanks, Mike!****

Of course the display saying 'You may have invalid Windows',
disappeared as soon as he got here, & never came back!

He assures me it's not a counterfeit Windows!
But anyway, everything seems to be working again,
& I can finally watch all the video links again!!!

Ooops, shouldn't say it too loud!

Hubby's still starting to go into seizures, but luckily I was around,
& caught it every time! So many lately, it worries me!

We were both getting & giving shocks over the weekend.
Guess it was just some weird static thing.
Lots of ear ringing, really loud a couple of times.
Nothing out of the ordinary, feeling really good.
Getting a lot of work done. Hope it lasts for a long time!!!
WOQ

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Anyone else's pets acting strange tonight? Mine won't leave me alone. Sitting on my feet and then in my lap as soon as I sit down...other one literally in my face, whining. My outdoor cat of 8 yrs suddenly wants to be indoors the past two weeks and now tonight is also following me around.

Making me think something is looming....or they know I'm going to have a heart attack or something!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Maybe it is the low pressure system? My cat and I are experiencing our first western washington winter. Last night he was jumpy but there was occasional thunder and lightning and he doesn't like that sort of thing since we experienced very foul weather in Missouri.

I've been more edgy myself thinking about the low pressure and the king tides that have been occurring. I know that I read a paper that Dr. Vidale cowrote about tides and increased risk of earthquakes in subduction zones.

I think I'm starting to pull up the usgs site too often. sigh

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Anyone else's pets acting strange tonight? Mine won't leave me alone. Sitting on my feet and then in my lap as soon as I sit down...other one literally in my face, whining. My outdoor cat of 8 yrs suddenly wants to be indoors the past two weeks and now tonight is also following me around.

Making me think something is looming....or they know I'm going to have a heart attack or something!

Mine have been acting up since Sunday. HORRIBLE cat fights out of the blue, then all in a bundle of furry love....then back to the fights.....then snuggled as close as they possible can to me.

I know my animals and yes, their behavior this week has twigged with me. Just keeping an eye open....

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I'm feeling very antsy again, and have an almost overwhelming sense of dread going on. I do not know why. It's not because of 12-21 (I think the hype is BS) I'm not prone to worry or anxiety, either. I've got a little holiday stress going on, but no more so than normal for a holiday, it's not overwhelming me.
I can't shake this feeling, I'm literally waiting for the other shoe to drop. I don't know what the first shoe was (lol) but I'm certain that the shoe will fall. At least I feel certain, whether or not is does is another thing.

What about everyone else, how are you all feeling today?

top topics

<< 174  175  176    178  179  180 >>

join