It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 175
<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Just wanted to post in here, sore, achy legs and ribs are hurting. It's nearly 2am and I'm putting off sleep but am exhausted. I am strangely cranky too, really grumpy, which is odd for me - lucky it's so late and the Mr it's in bed or I know I'd be snapping at him over nothing. Had ear ringing yesterday in the arvo and the hand/wrist pain comes and goes still, hope everyone else is keeping well!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
How is everyone?

I wanted to post that I'm still feeling like crap. I've had a very productive day after a bad start and a rotten night, but I'm as anxious as hell, and can't relax. I really really feel like there is some disaster looming and it's stronger than ever now...it's driving me mad. I know there is no reason in my life to make me feel like this...it's just there. My hand is very sore and for no reason. Bah.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Sorry to hear you're not feeling good. That's rough.
And the same for anyone else who's in the same boat.)

Have to say that I feel fine right now. No pain beyond what I live with every day so can't complain. (Old injuries, mainly.)

Also have to say that when I was reviewing the maps yesterday, "Southern Californina" came in very strong, and for me, that's a rarity. I almost never have any "indicators" for SoCal, so I've got my eye on it for any possible uptick in activity.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

haven't checked in a while. Got that heebie geebie feeling with ears hurting slight nausea, headache, balance feels off. My poor 15 yo granddaughter is convinced something bad is going to happen and we are all going to die. I tried to calm her and told her if something bad happens my husband can keep us fed and we will manage. Maybe its just all the apocolypse stuff on tv.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Hey....

Just checking in, and I hope everyone is feeling better. I'm kinda worn out, but feeling quite good, because I've spent all weekend working on my website and have made great progress...
....but the nagging anxiety is still there, along with sore hands, sore hip, and feeling like I'm going to descend into a panic attack at any moment for no reason that I can pinpoint. Ah well.

For the record, and I've been asking and asking about this.....I don't think we're all gonna die on December 21st. There is no Doom Date looming. We will be celebrating New Year like always. I hate all the destruction hype and totally sympathise with people who are truly upset about it all. Something major will happen, without a doubt, which I think is what we're all picking up on, but it's not the apocalypse. Sadly, I think it will be a big enough event to set us all back on our heels a bit, like something we've just never imagined possible, and definitely didn't see coming. Out of destruction will come real compassion for each other, it's just the process that will be painful.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ur44lois

The TV stations are loving this apocalyse hype. It's great for their ratings if they can put on a few doom-and-gloom movies and specials. And that's all it means to them. They are interested in making their ad revenue and being able to buy their products (new movies etc) for next year.

The rotten side of it is that yes, it does have an effect on some people, and especially on younger and more impressionable minds. So here's a suggestion, if I may be so bold: perhaps suggest to your grandaughter that she check the websites of any of the major networks. She should be able to find some pages where they tell her what shows, series and even movies they're planning to run over the New Year and even beyond the holiday season.

EDIT: for example, she could look at the HBO schedule for December (on the HBOwatch.com site). Or she can source it direct from HBO, but I find their site is slower to load. And then she has to click on "schedule". But it's all there -- right into 2013. END EDIT

As they wouldn't bother with programming and paying for all that if they really thought the world was going to end, then it might set her mind a bit more at ease. If she sees the evidence there on the websites, then that counts for her. Young people are so used to getting info from the internet, so it's a good way for her to check. She can do a little bit of looking and find out that yes: the TV networks like HBO and all the others are planning to be around next year.

edit on 2/12/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Yes, Dec 21st this year will probably be very like the same date in any other year, once we remove the hype and hysteria from it. This all derived from some interpretations of a single calendar, after all. It's nothing more than that and frankly there is no reason for us to worry about some world-encompassing, cataclysmic event.

True, it's remotely possible that a huge and currently uncharted asteroid could come hurtling our way. They've happened before, with seriously largew ones at intervals of about 100 million years or so -- on average. But the odds of one basically coming in out of nowhere within the next few weeks are so slim that it's probably more likely someone would win powerball two weeks in a row. With the same numbers...

It's also possible that a major quake could occur on Dec 21. In fact that's way, wayyyy more likely than an asteroid hit. As we average around two mag 8 or bigger quakes per year -- or around one every six months -- then the chances of one on any given day are about 1 in 180.

In other words, about once every couple of hundred years we could expect a mag 8 quake to happen on Dec 21. And that's the problem with statistics for quakes. We could also go 500 years and not have one, or they could happen on the same date two years in a row.

With mag seven range quakes, we average about one every 23 days if I recall correctly. So the odds of one on a given day in a month are therefore much higher. But again, we can go months without one as well, as happened earlier this year.

The only thing that does concern me is that a govt somewhere in the world might use the date as an opportunity to spring a nasty surprise on another nation. There are likely to be so many hyped up, hysterical reports on that day via FB, Twitter and other social networks, along with various bloggers getting in on the act to score some page views as well, that people just won't know what to believe.

But aside from that slight chance, for the vast majority of the world it ought to be just another day.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Been feeling off all morning, (its currently 1:09pm) and about 11 am I just got hit with the dizzy stick so I pretty much made my 2 year old take a nap so I could have one, woke up feeling a bit seedy to see a 5.8 in Alaska, hmmm. Probably totally coincidental, its probably due to me not sleeping well of late, but thought I'd mention it - here's the link for anyone interested
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

That's weird. Hubby & I both felt so tired too. Wiped out & uncoordinated since early last night.
We could hardly keep our eyes open earlier!
We actually got a full night's sleep last night too.
I stretched out on the couch to wait for him to be done with the computer & I fell asleep!
Now he's sleeping! There was a 5.5 near Guatemala before the one in Alaska too.
That one is probably closer for us. I still don't feel right though.

My ears are ringing again & I had to go eat a can of corn, so maybe another on the way?
WOQ

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

I started feeling yuck about an hour ago after having a pretty good morning...rottie is laying in the floor just doing these little growls like there is something/someone outside, bunny keeps jumping in and out of the cage, tom cat just went and peed on my counter by the sink ( something he has never done) and younger female cat that never goes outside is climbing the curtains over the patio doors ...now how weird is that...ears hurt feel lots of pressure and guess i need to go eat some corn something.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasobservingquietly
reply to post by bkaust

That's weird. Hubby & I both felt so tired too. Wiped out & uncoordinated since early last night.
I stretched out on the couch to wait for him to be done with the computer & I fell asleep!

My ears are ringing again & I had to go eat a can of corn, so maybe another on the way?
WOQ

It feels like a different tired, like you say, you can't keep your eyes open! I'm used to feeling sleepy, and I'm used to physical exhaustion as I had glandular fever which turned into chronic fatigue, but lately is been extreme, even had to all the Mr to come home from work last week because I couldn't stay awake to look after our daughter, at 9:30AM!

I still feel like the earth quakes have been too quiet. Like, I feel foggy, every time I check QW, I feel like I'm not seeing them all or something? it just seems like lately on here there's been a day or two between posts, and I feel like that's pretty rare, well rare since I've been following them in 09' onwards.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Just checking in to report absolute exhaustion over the last two days, despite early nights and sleeping like a baby for a full 8 hours, which I don't normally do. Last night we were both yawning our heads off, even out in the snow when we walked the dog. The dog is behaving like more of an idiot than usual, incidentally, but I put that down to him being only 18 months old and never having seen snow before.

Hand, and now arm still very sore, and nothing seems to shift it.

Hope you all feel a bit better today......

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasobservingquietly
reply to post by bkaust

WOQ

I'm energy-drained as well, for the last 2 days. Wiped out & uncoordinated is very apt, although I'd describe it a little closer to "so much energy suddenly gone that I may as well be an invalid laid up in bed right now". I'm currently IN bed, at 11:30 am. I haven't had the energy to do much beyond fix a quick bowl of cereal for the kids & use the bathroom, and even that's a stretch to gather the energy for. I'm diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, so it could just be that I'm dealing with a particularly bad malaise episode, but I haven't had one this bad since my teenage years. This simply feels different from previous degrees of malaise episodes. Not necessarily worse hitting, just different.

I had such a strange dream last night, one of my usual recurring locations had experienced an earthquake of an unknown degree that I didn't feel, even though I was right there in there dream during it. I had been spending the day toting my camera & tripod around the seaside town, trying to get unique photos. I noticed that after the earthquake, as I was walking along the bay, that it was littered with whirlpools. Not in the sense that they were draining the water away, but that they were violently whirling in turbulent, foaming waters. I kept trying and trying to take photos, because it was so unusual, but I could not get the camera to take the picture. It was drawing a big crowd of people looking in wonder and confusion. It was so odd.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
These feelings have been worse than ever. Feels like I'm going to pop. 3 days.

Peace

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I wonder if it is the weather that is making us all feel so tired and drained. I feel like I am walking around in a fog. Today I had a very strange experience. I was sitting at my desk and it felt like I was tilting. I know that sounds strange, but I literally felt like I was going to fall out of my chair, like I was losing my balance and I had to keep correcting my posture to stay upright. As far as I know I do not have an inner ear infection, so I don't really know what that was all about.

I hope everyone has a restful night.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It could be cycles our bodies go through.
Some days are great,somedays I feel like a tractor ran over me.
And it seems to resonate through out my family in unison.

Food for thought,keep track of your ups and downs to see if there is a cycle or not.
See if it corresponds to an increase in earthquakes or not.

A long time ago,I use to keep track of my biorhythms.
www.bio-chart.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
For some reason the biorhythm site wouldn't work for me kdog, I'll have to hop on the big computer, I remember I used to follow that stuff, but its been years..

I'm a little freaked after this Japan quake guys! I was going to post this image yesterday, but photobucket for my tablet is a PITA so I procrastinated, but the date stamp is on the bottom of the memo, I cropped it because you could see memos behind it with some private info, but I've not changed it besides the crop - forgive my spelling anAOL afternoond lack of punctuation in it, I wrote it upon waking yesterday morning (the 6th)

If that doesn't work let me know, and again, forgive the spelling errors, Swype on this tablet is not my friend! All afternoon today my body has been sore, like I've had the flu.
edit on 7/12/2012 by bkaust because: more spelling errors

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Just for the record - this could be coincidence; but, I think not.

1646CST (2246UT) - 9 hours and 32 minutes before today's 7.3 Japan quake.

I had marked the time 1646 as I had my usual hearing 'sign' except that THIS time (for the first time) the sound went DOWN way low (instead of high pitched.) It was a very strong and marked sound ... I felt it was significant so recorded the time for you. I had the "feeling" of land falling (like a huge sinkhole) but way under the Earth's crust. Edit - direction was North North West

Currently, I have "harmonic tremors" sounds constantly. Edit - Non-directional - it's everywhere.

edit on 7/12/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I need to catch up on the thread but, I really don't think the worst is over. I am miserable right now. Heavy chest, pressure ontop of my head, pressure behind the ears, achy sore ribs, and dizziness. I am clear headed surprisingly.
edit on 7-12-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Hi guys...

Just checking in. I'm definitely going to map the biorhythm things to see if it corresponds with anything. Thanks for the reminder.

Apart from that, not too many symptoms, apart from very painful joints at the bas of both thumbs. And this is with normal rheumatology results. It's making life very difficult, and evening little things like putting on socks and opening jars hurts like you wouldn't believe. I still have constant ear ringing, and occasional dizzy moments. I keep feeling there is two of something...I had two letters to Japan last week, and I have pain in symmetrical joints. Hmmm...

Will be back later....not properly awake yet...

top topics

<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>

join