It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 174
<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Something is happening. I can feel it. There is so much water, but I don't know why. All morning I have felt a "wave" that comes over me. It isn't good.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

That sinkhole story has been really bothering me too. It doesn't make sense, and I am worried that it is connected to something much bigger, and I have no idea what.

Took me a bit, but I found these, and when I saw them, it made my anxiety much worse.

www.19actionnews.com...
edit on 29-11-2012 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
There is some crazy amount of synchronicity here...this is mad. Since about 10 today I've been as grumpy as hell, my hands, and now my left ankle are still very painful, and I've been close to panic a few times this afternoon for not much reason...a little busy at work, and too many Christmas parcels. Also yes to Nyiah's itchyness....driving me mad, and again no reason. I'm so careful with what I put on my skin, and it's bothering me constantly.

I was watching the videos yesterday about sinkholes, and like Laser, I feel they are connected to something much bigger. There is the film from the drilling accident in 1980 where the whole lake disappeared down into a salt mine and every time I see it, I feel sick, like it's going to happen again, but on a bigger scale. Location still eludes me though.

On a more postitive creative note, I spoke to JustMike about on online calendar where we could map all our symptoms and other information, and also quake information, so that we can see in one dimension if they relate, of if there is a pattern that we can discern. Either you can pm your information to someone who has access, or post here, and one of us will update the chart regularly. It might be a good idea to restrict how many people have access to the calendar just to avoid it getting too messy, but everyone is welcome to contribute.

Mike suggested that those who have access to the chart post there with their screen name initials so we know who they are, and pointed out that we would all need to be careful that we don't accidentally delete other posts when adding new information. Any other suggestions are welcome of course...we're just at the start of this, and will have to figure out how it will work best.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

That sinkhole is very scary, especially as there is a nuclear power plant not many miles away -- assuming it's the same sinkhole I'm thinking of. (In Louisiana?)

In any case I wouldnt be standing so close to it, like those people in the images are doing. I mean, these things can suddenly get bigger very quickly...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

That is actually a new sinkhole in Ohio. It opened up yesterday.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Yikes, I know this place. I lived just a few miles north of there for most of my life.
Thanks for the link.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Just want to add my support to Cait's idea. She sent me the link, login name and password to the online calendar and it's very secure -- it runs through an https address. I've visited the page and posted there and it works fine and is a snap to use. I'd also like to note that this offsite page does not contain any offensive ads, and the co. that runs it is accredited by the BBB and has its security verified by two leading organizations as well.

The whole idea of the daily calendar log is that it will allow members to both contribute to it and reference it whenever they wish, with the essential info all being on one page. Here, we discuss many matters relating to quakes, earth science and prediction and while that's immensely valuable to all of us, that other place is purely a reference that can then be used (in summary form) within the thread here.

To get access all you need to do it contact Cait via U2U -- or me if Cait's agreeable -- and get the details to log in.

Cait and I agreed not to post the account login details in the thread for the obvious reason that anyone can read this thread -- without even needing to ever log in to ATS. So, rather than risk some unknown person accessing the calendar page and doing who-knows-what to it, we prefer the personal approach.

Mike

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Wowsers! In Ohio?

Seems to be more and more of these sinkholes appearing, so we have to wonder if there's a possible common link....

Are they doing any fracking in that region? Anyone know?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Yep, Ohio is known for fracking. If I recall the officials came to the conclusion that a good sized quake earlier this year was "man made". (Will research further and get back to you.)
ETA - www.scientificamerican.com...

Also, they are protesting fracking in Athens,

www.wfmj.com...

Satellite pic of the area,

edit on 29-11-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Yes, that's true, it was one near Youngstown. I still follow the local news up there since I have so much family in the area.
It's also true that there's massive fracking going on in the whole of that NE-Central Ohio area, its part of the Utica Shale Bed. Just this week lawmakers have decided to put the regulation back in to the local gov hands. Well maybe it's not a done deal yet, but something along those lines is in the works.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Okay.
Thanks for the extra info.

Even if this sinkhole in Ohio is not linked to fracking (and frankly we don't have hard evidence for it yet), there are many instances of earthquakes that are.

Fracking is one of those amazing advances in technology that many people are going to eventually wish had never been thought of. Instead of being amazing from the point of view of getting at energy resources, it will become amazing for an entirely different reason: future generations will be amazed that people were so incredibly stupid in allowing it to go ahead: in allowing this invasive process -- in just a few short years -- to undo balances of forces that mother nature has taken millions of years to establish.

Because that's what fracking does. It unbalances forces. And that's precisely what it's intended to do and that's how it works: it fractures rock under incredibly high pressures, injecting water and chemical mixes into strata that have been dry and untouched for untold millennia, and using those fluids and pressures to reduce their stability -- all with the intention of releasing gases (and oil) that had been trapped there and which helped to keep things in their delicate state of balance.

Imagine if someone offered to frack the ground beneath the foundations of your home.

Any takers? I assure you that everything will be fine... Fracking is safe.

Sure.

But in spite of the obviously destructive and unbalancing nature of this process, those who allow these things are happy to have literally tens of thousands of these fracking wells over huge areas of land, and every one of those wells (new and old) is helping to upset delicate natural balances of forces.

Eventually, things have to give.

The question is how long it will take before they fracture near a major zone that is already on the very limits of natural stability and only needs the proverbial straw on the camel's back to set it in motion, with millennia of pent-up energies being released in mere moments in one huge rush, instead of in many smaller, barely perceptible movements. Or, of simply bringing a future huge quake's occurrence forward by a few decades, or centuries. Or thousands of years...

Those who make these decisions are playing god with the forces of nature, and the worst thing is that the imbalances they are creating must, eventually, be brought back into balance again. We have seen regions which in just the past few years have been shaken by swarms of small quakes -- swarms that they have never known before and which were so clearly tied in to the fracking in the region that in some instances, "officaldom" ordered some wells shut down.

And even with that official acknowledgement, new wells are being started every day. In fact, some in the business world see a major increase in fracking operations as the start of a Golden Age for the US. Viz this article on CNN: U.S. set for fracking bonanza, says historian Ferguson, where it says among other things:

Ferguson, who is also an author and commentator, believes the production of natural gas and oil from shale formations via a process known as "fracking" -- forcing open rocks by injecting fluid into cracks -- will be a game changer.

"This is an absolutely huge phenomenon with massive implications for the U.S. economy, and I think most people are still a little bit slow to appreciate just how big this is," he said in Hong Kong this week.

"Conceivably it does mean a new golden age."

Yes, a Golden Age. There are people who seriously believe that the US can frack its way out of economic gloom.

They're blind, they're blinded by dollar signs.

It's appalling and it's going to get even worse.

edit on 29/11/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I'm happy for you to share the calendar details with posters here who would like to contribute. It's the first time I've used something like this too, so I'm on a learning curve with everyone else. I'm sure the results will be interesting. We can post retrospectively too, so if anyone would like to back date some stuff that we've already experienced, you're very welcome too. I'm thinking specifically about the Japan quake if we can get that far back, just so see how it looks on paper, if you like. Tis just an idea though.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

I'll be glad to help.

So, members can contact either of us and we can give them the details they need to log in, read, and post on the calendar.

It would be good to run the calendar back to prior months and years and make notes. That would be interesting and useful.

So, whoever wants to post on the calendar so we can assemble data for later study in this thread, just let us know.

Mike
edit on 29/11/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

A weather update on my Facebook posted this. It is interesting......

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Ear ringing just started. Right ear only, very, very loud and long lasting. Coming in every few minutes.

Gotta tuck the kids in now, ill try to check in later.

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Ear ringing slowed down last night, and was quiet most of the day, but started up again about an hour ago. That feeling of pressure really kicked up just a few minutes ago too.

Something is coming.

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The old cat tried to make a break for it again tonight.
He faked left, I juked right, my cat like reflexes kept him contained...rawr.
The young cat is extremely clingy.

I, on the other hand, feel pretty good.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hubby said he's feeling it building again.
Something that he says is pretty strong.
He was getting/giving shocks like crazy tonight.
That happened to me before Japan.

Plus the computer was doing really wonky things last night!!!
Not so much today, but a little again tonight!
What's up with that???

I just read where there was a solar flare the other day again,
but it said it wasn't directed toward earth.
I don't know, but it seemed quake related last night.
Maybe the 5.9 in New Guinea will get upgraded a little.
A few too many signs for that size.

Japan had a 6.0 listed the other day that USGS didn't have.
How will we ever figure this stuff out if they can't even
come close to agreeing on the magnitudes!!!

My ears are ringing again, & I'm a little antsy, but nothing else tonight!
WOQ

Take a look at this. Most of the major oil & gas pipelines go through the New Madrid!!!
Some in the area of the sinkholes too!

______beforeitsnews/alternative/2012/08/the-little-known-new-madrid-pipeline-bomb-2455958.html

Any connection besides being really scary???
edit on 1-12-2012 by wasobservingquietly because: Added a link.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Morning all....

I'm a one woman zombie apocalypse this morning....feel very groggy, slept like crap, was antsy but exhausted when I woke at 2am, and slept like a dead thing after that. I decided my only option was to do the ironing in the middle of the night and suddenly I was sleepy again.

The only unusual thing I can recall in the last 24 hours is processing two letters to Japan yesterday. I'm pretty sure I haven't had those before. My ears are ringing like mad, and I'm very antsy. Will put all of this on the calendar a bit later...maybe after some tea and breakfast and more tea..

Take care all.

Cx

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Also been up almost all night. Ear ringing, pressure, everything going off like crazy.

Feels huge. Feels very soon...today?!?

Peace

top topics

<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join