It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 173
<< 170  171  172    174  175  176 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well, this is really getting interesting now. With some digging I'll bet we could find out some really interesting stuff about ourselves. I'm also gluten-free but more entirely wheat-free, which includes rye, barley, and nearly all oats, unless they are specifically gluten/wheat residue free. Not only that but I can't eat anything with citric acid, either naturally-occurring or as an additive. I can't eat anything with even a trace of soy. I can't eat eggs or anything with traces thereof. I also can't eat peanuts or their trace amounts. Those were all diagnosed forty years ago.

Within the past few years I've also had to add carrots, potatoes, and rice to the list of things I can't eat. This past spring fish was removed. Now I have realized that I can't eat any animal flesh at all. It all makes me feel ill. I can and do still eat organic dairy products, as well as very clean oats, but other than that I drink very high quality coffee. That's the sum total of my diet. Coffee and oatmeal. And guess what? I feel great when I stick to it. Any deviation though and I feel it immediately. I have strong suspicions about why these things are okay for me but I'm still not 100% certain.

I went from having pain in one form or another in every part of my body to total comfort, perfect vision, peaceful sleep, and just general well-being by cutting food out of my life. It took two years to do this but along the way I've discovered more about food than I knew as a life-long foodie and pastry professional, Paris-trained. Food is not what we think it is. It's medicine. You must treat it that way. If you don't know what that food does in your body then don't put it there. It can only heal you if you understand it. Western medicine is wrong about virtually everything they tell us about our bodies and about our nutritional needs.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Hope you're feeling better by now!
Migraines can be very scary!
Our oldest son has gotten them since he was young, from stuff that he's the most allergic to.
He was so allergic to corn, that if he even smelled popcorn cooking, he would get a migraine!
Thankfully, he's not as bad as he used to be. But there still must be something
that he wasn't tested for that bothers him, because he still gets one every once in a while.
Sometimes so bad that he needs a prescription.

I feel so much better staying away from the gluten too.
Quite a few people in our family have tried it without knowing if they even have a problem.
They've felt much better, but couldn't stick to it. The younger ones can't be bothered
to fix their own or make it from scratch. Too pressed for time, plus they want take out food!
It's a lot more expensive if you buy the mixes & premade things than making everything
from scratch! Plus there isn't a big selection around here yet,
(although it is getting a little better). Sometimes though it's weeks until they restock!

I wondered why there are so many more people being diagnosed now?
I just thought it was because they are becoming more aware of it & checking for it.
But I also read that as more foods are genetically modified, there will be more problems.
That the body apparently sees GMO food as an invader.
Don't know how true it is, but I could see the logic behind it!
Maybe that's the reason for the increase in inflammatory diseases!

Hubby is allergic to corn, wheat, soy, peanuts, plus a bunch more in varying degrees.
But the ones I listed are all GMO foods. He's also allergic to eggs & milk.
I wondered if that was because the animals are fed GMO feed???
I am also mildly allergic to eggs, but was able to eat them when we went to Australia.
I noticed that the carton said cage free, organic. So I'm in the process of experimenting
to see if I can eat the same kind here! I haven't been brave enough to try the bad ones
as a control meal yet though!

I only found out I even have allergies a little over a year ago. The way I found out
some of them, was by asking to be tested for the things that gave me really bad heartburn!
Sure enough, all of them, with no other symptoms. Bananas, green peppers & coffee!
The other ones were a complete surprise. But I did notice I get really tired if I
happen to eat one of the worst ones! Another thing that's a learning process!

It's been a little nerve wracking lately with no bigger quakes.
Kind of like waiting for the other shoe to drop!
WOQ

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

Nerve wracking for sure. I've been trying to be a little scientific about the location issue...at least a little.
I found a map of plate boundaries, which I know isn't comprehensive with all faults shown, but it's a start. I wanted just to try to pin down areas as an experiment to find if I can record what I think I'm picking up on, and look for results if any.

The point that immediately caught my eye is where the three plates meet on the mid Atlantic ridge, west of Spain, the North American, Eurasian and African plates. I don't know why it jumped out at me, but it did. Also the most south westerly long pointy bit of the North American plate where it meets the Phillipines plate. I thought initially with the mid Atlantic point I might have been thinking about the Canary Islands volcanoes, which have bothered me for years, and would fit with the wall of water image I keep being shown, but I don't think it's that. I hope not anyway.

Just a wee idea I had...someone else want to give it a go?

Sorry...had to edit cos pics didn't show up and formatting has gone all to poop......sorry.........
edit on 28-11-2012 by caitlinfae because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Officials Confirm: Crude oil is flowing to surface of giant sinkhole — USGS reporting seismic activity

Sinkhole Site

Settling/shifting of material underlying sinkhole created disturbance of water in sinkhole in morning roughly coinciding with USGS report of observance of seismic activity – crude oil emulsion and woody debris from sinkhole bottom observed rising to surface, water from nearby swamp seen flowing into sinkhole.

Surface activity observed for several minutes before water calmed again.

Found this from link over at SQ and then here:
enenews.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Just checking in with you all. Some great posts here and good discussion going on.

I can't add much right now. Will tell you though that my awareness level (you follow me?) is just about going through the roof. I feel we are due for a decent sized quake within a very short time. Okay, we average a mag six every three days but I feel we could have a something up in the mag seven range within maybe only two or three days.

But I cannot pin down a location and that's irksome. I might have mentioned a couple of regions a few days back and they could still be relevant. I'd have to check what I said.

Mike

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Re the above post... I found a post I made back on Nov 19 here where I said:

By the way, folks, keep an eye on the region in and around Belize, in Central America. Nothing I can detail right now but the name came up as I was persuing the world quake map so I thought it best to mention it.

I'm mentioning this again because I might be relevant.

I'd appreciate input from anyone.

Thank you.

~Mike.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

That's pretty much the way it happens with hubby.
I only found this thread a little while before Japan's big one.

That night hubby came into the room looking awful & said he thought he'd better go to the ER.
He was having chest pains & all the regular symptoms we now recognize as eq related!
He looked awful, the worst I've ever seen him! He's had every test,
he doesn't have any heart problems, no high blood pressure, isn't on any meds, nothing.
So I was pretty sure it wasn't health related.
I asked him to sit down and to try & relax for a few minutes.
He no sooner sat down, when it came on TV about the eq in Japan!
Then he realized that must be it. In about a half hour he was much better!

But there's always that nagging thought in the back of our minds....
what if this time it really isn't an eq symptom!!!

Hmmm....I'm O-, but hubby is A+. Four of our kids are A+, one is O+.
Our son that is the O+ is the most like me disposition wise,
even looks more like me than the other kids do! Go figure!
WOQ

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Hey...
was wondering where you were...

Belize huh? Will go and distract myself and see if anything downloads....very interesting that you're still thinking of it. In terms of plotting symptoms and results, I'm wondering if we could have some kind of communal spreadsheet or something where we could all add our feelings and physical symptoms, along with quakes...like a virtual wall planner where we could see everything in one place instead of trying to hunt through a thread. Any bright spark have an idea on how we could do this? Maybe one person could be the secretary and be responsible for updating with information posted here...just thinking out loud.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rbkruspe

Hubby is pretty much back to normal today, but he doesn't feel good.

It's TWO weeks ago today that oldest daughter got 'testy'!
Over Thanksgiving she was polite, but curt & aloof.
Youngest daughter went back home on Sunday & had an 'incident' before she left too!
I'm tired of biting my tongue & being the adult!

Today they both called & talked like nothing happened!!! Aaahhh!!!
Maybe this is the calm before the quake!
My mom used to say that there was a special place in heaven for mothers!!!
And she had perfect kids!!!

WOQ

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Good idea...

Let's discuss it among ourselves and see what we can figure out. I'm hopeless with spread sheets but I'm sure we have people who know how to do them. They could be uploaded in some format, I'm sure.

Not sure why I got Belize, you know. Just sometimes I get places and I've learned that when I do, it's best to say so. If nothing happens in that region, I'm fine with it.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Ok.....I asked about Belize and got this....don't flame me...I love you all....I just weird.....

The River Boat Song.....

I see double up ahead
Where the riverboat swayed beneath the sun
Is where the river runs red
Like a King who stalks the wings and shoots a dove
And frees an eagle instead
It's more or less the same as the things that you said

I see trouble up the road
Like the things you found in love are by the way
And like to cheat on your soul
Like the best and worst of thoughts that lose control
Before you lie on your bed

Anyway for all the things you know tell me why does the river not flow
Anyway for all the things you said tell me why does the river run red
Anyway for all the things you've seen tell me when will the river run green
And anyway for all the things you know tell me why does the river not flow

It's more or less the things you fail to say in your way that's your trouble
Like a King who stalks the wings and shoots the moon and the stars
And his double
I see trouble up ahead
Where the river boat swayed beneath the sun
Is where the river runs red
I see double - that's my trouble

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Will ask my lovely man how to do a spreadsheet....he is the King of Spreadsheets and completely indulgent towards my weirdness, bless him.

I'm totally fine with being wrong too, and the way I look at it, at least we get some good music on the way. I *must* work out how to embed vids..............

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hey everyone, take a look at this:

Ain't that pretty?

I discovered this little wonder just the other day when I was searching for anything that would show quakes or quake energy in 3D, because I've been working on a concept based on a pseudo-spherical perspective of quakes.

This app is called "Earthquake 3D" and you can get it as a free download from the author's website HERE. Note: this link does not start a download automatically! (It's against ATS rules to link to auto-downloads.) Instead, it takes you to a page on the authors' site where you can click on a download tag if you choose to do so. The file is only 1.1 MB. It's a zip file and so it'll open with anything that opens such files. (I use 7-zip but winzip will work fine as well.)

Richard Wolton designs all sorts of amazing applications but this one is really something. You can see in the above image that I've set it up to show the world with the continents simply outlined, and it's displaying quakes with their locations, magnitudes and also with the optional "spheres". The bigger the quake, the bigger the sphere.

It has a whole range of options available, though. You can set it to show the world as if viewed from space (with continents in colour), and also tilt the globe to different angles and spin it forwards or backwards at any speed you wish. When you start it, it has a default size that's smaller than above but you can make it bigger just by dragging the side. The control panel can be placed anywhere. And if you wish, you can run it full screen.

But another great feature is that anytime you like, just click on the "latest quakes now" button and it will update the display by tapping into the USGS feed. (You don't need to have USGS open. It just feeds direct.) You can also filter the results, to show from the smallest USGS displays (mag 2.5, usually), up to mag 10. (I often set it to show mag 5 or so. And it accepts fractions of magnitudes as well.)

I've checked the software and it's "clean".
I also checked via my Task Manager and confirmed that when you close this app, it really does close. It doesn't keep running in the background like some apps do.

Final little note: I have no association with the author of this application. I am simply informing fellow members about it because I think it's something many of you would enjoy using.

Mike

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

If he can help, that would be great.

Embedding videos? If it's from youtube, just find the video you want and it'll have a code in the url. You don't need all of the code, only the part that comes after the watch?v=

For example, here's the last part of that code for a video about tsunamis:
watch?v=chbbiSCczB8&

Copy the part after the "=" sign: chbbiSCczB8&

Now, in your new post, look at the little boxes above the main reply box. (ie above the box you type in.) Click on the one that says "VID: YOUTUBE".

This opens a little drop-down box. Paste that piece of code into it and click "okay".

Now, in your main text box, you'll see
(Except they're square brackets, not the curved ones I've used here.)

When you click on "reply" (to post your post) your video is embedded like this:

And that's all you have to do!

BTW that's an excellent video to explain how tsunamis can be caused by subduction-type quake events. Very short but well worth watching for anyone who doesn't understand the process very well.

edit on 28/11/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Thank you so much for the tutorial...I will practise tomorrow!
And I will also ask if my other half will help. He's not without weird symptoms himself, that have no explanation, like the wrist thing we've all been feeling...he has it too today. He does have rsi on that arm, but it doesn't bother him nearly as much as it used to and he's done nothing to irritate it.

I will come up with some kind of system or colour code thing we might use, and we can talk about it soon maybe.

Cx

PS....the earthquake app rocks! It's amazing to see them pop out like spheres, and maybe that's what we pick up on. Will download it and play with it tomorrow...thank you.

edit on 28-11-2012 by caitlinfae because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

If your man feels as rotten as I do sometimes then I can sympathize.

Tell him not to worry... It gets worse as you get older.
(But you get used to it.)

Yes, that's a great app. I like to just run it full-screen sometimes and watch it and ponder it all. And one of the options is to make the globe transparent, so you can see right through from one side of the world to the other. It's great for seeing where quakes are adjacent or antipodal!

Oh, almost forgot: your post about Belize:

Thank you for that. I'll have a think about it and see if it connects to anything. Or maybe someone else will get led somewhere by it.

Something that bears repeating: the puzzle pieces are not random. They only seem to be!

Anyway almost midnight here and I should hit the hay... See you all tomorrow!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

That is crazy! I have had the same thing happen. I thought I was having a heart attack, come to find out it was an anaphylactic reaction to an orange. I'm allergic to the weirdest stuff. Lettuce...who's allergic to lettuce, I mean it's mostly water! The list is long and just ridiculous, anyhow...I am also O-.

Like I said before, it took me a long time to figure out what this was related to, I kept food diaries, Logs on where i had been, what soaps I'd used etc. When I finally put 2 and 2 together and realized within a day or two of my symptoms starting, there was a large event, I was stunned. My family didn't believe it at first, but they do now.

Well, this is really getting interesting.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Been debating for a few hours whether to post or not.....
But the longer I put if off, the more things I'm noticing.

First was young cat wanting a lot of attention.
Then a little while after we ate, hubby & I were both really hungry again.
Talked to my sister tonight & she said the same thing!

Hubby & I both are feeling antsy, itchy & restless.
Old cat came in the room & was going to go after young cat while she was sleeping, twice.

Hubby is positively 'chatty' tonight & in such a good mood!
But he says he feels miserable....emotions all over the place, tired & achy.
He says it's building & wishes it would hurry up & get it over with!
He called home to make sure it wasn't anything going on there.
We both have ear ringing now too. I feel like I'M getting chest pressure now!
Funny how we both have more of the same symptoms tonight.

Both cats are sticking close to me, but they haven't gone under the desk at all yet.
I'm starting to want popcorn, but trying to push it out of my mind!

I knew this calm couldn't last much longer!!!
WOQ

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasobservingquietly
Hubby & I both are feeling antsy, itchy & restless.

Yes, yes, and yes for me as well. It's 5:40 AM for me, and I've been up and practically climbing the walls for over 2 hours. I'm so, so very antsy & restless--I might as well be leaving tracks on the ceiling & walls. And interestingly, I'm also very itchy. I've done nothing different in my hygiene habits, foods, or cleaning habits, and the weather is normal--I have no reason to be this itchy.
I'm normally very sloth-like for HOURS after waking. This much movement this soon after waking for me for no reason is downright strange. I can't sit still, and yet, I can't find anything to occupy me for very long because I CAN'T SIT STILL. Every time I try to focus on something to do, I need to walk around the house or pace the room, something to keep me moving physically. I keep wondering if this is what an ADHD person feels like, to be honest. I'm essentially wired as hell, and antsy/anxious to boot, with the focus abilities of a fly. OMG, it's driving me crazy.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Very very anxious, still with the headache, (though not as severe as Saturday), tense shoulders and upper back, starting to get foggy, and strangely enough ITCHY, mostly on the top half of my body. Weird.

Meanwhile my eyes keep drifting to the New Madrid area on the quake map. I really in my gut feel like it isn't her time yet, but my mind and eyes are staying focused there.

I have been researching the NM this morning and ran across a new sinkhole in Ohio.
Since I have read elsewhere how sinkholes were noticed before the last pop, this didn't help my state of mind.

Might be time for me to step away from the IPad for a few hours and take a breathe.

top topics

<< 170  171  172    174  175  176 >>

join