It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Close your eyes and look to the people, what did they look like. Americans, Chinese, Japanese, Italian...... so on. Look and see if you can pick anything out that might give you even a small idea where that location was, smells, noises and so on.

Relaxation and the third eye might just help you some, I hope you give it a try.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

You're welcome, JustMike, but I still have to post hits on the Results thread.... I was hoping Telafree would volunteer...

I thought it might be easier if I replied to the post where the prediction was made to post the hit... that way when we put them on the Results thread, it's already all in one place. Hope that makes sense.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Couldn't help but notice this particular prediction by S.D. Morton: (Hakii)

Pennsylvania could have unusual quake activity in the next 90 days.

Actually, after reading prediction #1, the rest seemed like not such a big deal.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hakii

Hakii, your dream gave me chills and made my hairs stand up on my arms.

Skywatcher, I also rarely recall a dream. I used to. And I want to remember my dreams, but they're always just out of reach when I wake up. Course, vampire bats diving at my head dreams I can do without.

You know, if anyone is interested, Charlotte suggested to me that I phone the local power company and ask for a seismic map of my property. Apparently, they have them. I'm going to try it, just to see what's under me. Because, I swear, just like damntheptb said, sometimes it feels like sitting on the lid of a pot of boiling water. If I get one, I'll scan it and post it (if my scanner will cooperate.)

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Hits today:

Oregon

Mediterranean

Tonga

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I've had dreams concerning earthquakes, however some I felt may have been due to possibly observing and reading a lot of information on earthquakes in general. Some were in regards to the Gulf of Mexico, Las Vegas, a recently one the whole world felt, and of what's going on in Reno. The last ones have got me wondering lately.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50

damntheptb Universal Studios on fire did you go there last week? King Kong the Cyclone going, going, gone.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by observe50]

Unforunatly, we were saving universal studios for the next weekend trip.....
:-( I guess we shouldnt have waited....

There has been a lot of activity around here, and I still have a feeling of something getting ready to happen... a lot of mixed signals, that I cant put a finger on, but it feels very very UN-RIGHT (not a real word, but accurate)

those pics Kattraxx took, are not very nice looking.... I am with her opinion on cluds here in nevada, they are almost always pretty, but lately there have been a lot of ominous looking clouds..

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
As I see everything needs to be posted. Doesn't matter if right or wrong this is just a way to work together and try to find simularities. What is nice is we are from all different locations working together.
As with everything time will tell.

I agree 100%, right or wrong will come with time, but without original posts, ther is no way to confirm the "precursors" were felt or seen before the quakes...

A lot of people in a lot of areas are involved with this experiment, so we cannot ask for anything more than we are getting, and thanks again for all who are participating.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kattraxx

You're welcome, JustMike, but I still have to post hits on the Results thread.... I was hoping Telafree would volunteer...

what do i need to do?

::shakes head:::

I was zoning out there for a moment.

Tela

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I wonder if Charlotte is going to be on tomorrow'a Mix or Friday's. Did she mention that to you Katt?

Yesterday there were at least 18 quakes listed on the IRIS map and I have never seen that in one day, they only list if it's over a 4. There were some fairly large quakes and some that I usually never see or rarely see. Locations like Easter Island, Mediterranean Sea Greece, Southern Italy, Iceland, Greenland, Mid Atlantic Ridge Nothern-Central-Southern, Mid Indian Ridge. I see this as a unique faze.

I notice if you look at the all earthquake list for Cal. and Nev. it is quite long and it seems they are slowly getting a little larger.

I am still hoping that what is happening even as bad as it is is better then what it might have been. You understand I think Katt what I am saying.

Are there quakes down in the Vegas area?

H is Northwest Penna. and I am SE Penna. complete opposite. I am close to the Delaware, New Jersey border. I heard the prediction for PA for within the next 90 days.

We don't get quakes here often and the only one I ever felt was when my first daughter was a baby 1971 I believe.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Telafree

It's okay...please don't worry about it...I've taken care of it

on the "results" thread I just listed all of the Japan mag 5-plus events (with links) and added links for the mag 4.8 and 4.9 events as well for good measure. Added up to eight quakes altogether in around 3 days, so if people in Japan are nervous I can understand why...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hmmm....This latest Oregon quake (June 02, 2008 at 00:31:56 UTC) is a mag 4.0 and is located at 44.005°N, 130.636°W, over 500 km (300 miles) out in the sea:

www.earthquake.usgs.gov...

Back in my post on 28/5

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I predicted a quake "off the coast from Eugene", and seeing as Eugene (on Google earth) has co-ordinates of 44.02°N and 123.04°W, I guess we could say that this quake is pretty well dead due west from that city. So, I could say a "hit" on location. However, I also said it would be bigger than a 4.5 and this quake is "only" a 4.0.
I've actually been expecting a mag 5-something. So, I got the location but not the magnitude.

Hit or no hit, what concerns me about this particular quake is that it is quite a ways further west than I recall they usually are off Oregon. I'll have to check, but it looks like it could be on the other side of the Juan de Fuca plate. Most quakes in that region of the sea off Oregon are on the east side; this one could be on the west. (It's a very small plate.) If so, then this small quake could be highly significant.

Edit: Okay I did some digging and today's quake was very close to where the Blanco Fracture Zone meets the Juan de Fuca ridge. This is on the "other" (ie western) side of the Juan de Fuca plate, not the subduction zone side which is closer to the coast.

Here's a site that has some maps and info about it:

www.colorado.edu...

[edit on 2-6-2008 by JustMike]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It has just come up on USGS that there's been another quake off the coast of Oregon, at 17:50:25 UTC (8:50:25 a.m. local time there), this one a mag 4.7. And yes as USGS confirms it's pretty well bang due west of Eugene.

Reference:

www.earthquake.usgs.gov...

It is slightly east of the previous one, placing it very close to or on the Blanco Fracture Zone. This is getting closer to the magnitude range I was expecting (over 4.5 anyway), and it's in a place that is not the best to see...and that worries me.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by JustMike]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by damntheptb

I agree about the something getting ready to happen. I've had the same feeling for some days now and it isn't getting any less in intensity. As you said, there is a sense of "un-rightness" right now.

Just the amount of activity and -- as others have pointed out -- the diversity of it...Easter island (unusual), the mid-Indian ridge, quakes off Antarctica (is this evidence of Isotrophic Rebound
??), a quake in Iceland which is bigger than any there in some years, a lot of activity off Japan and down towards Taiwan and the Philippines, the swarms that you and Kat have reported on, even the prediction on another thread of a 9.5 this month off China -- an extraordinary prediction in the true sense of the word and one whose veracity I gravely doubt, but which cannot be discarded out of hand -- all these things together make me feel that something is just not right.

I'm not a hysterical type...Like many here I look and listen and sift, question and challenge, but all the same it cannot be denied that very recently, the amount of seismic activity has been very worrying indeed.

Edit to add: I hope everyone will please accept my apologies if I seem to be hogging the thread, on this page at least...It's partly a problem of time difference. I think that at present I'm the only one from my part of the world on this thread...So by the time you get home from work and can sit down and do something online, I'm about ready to hit the sack...And as you can see there have been things happening and I thought it best to post them...
It sure gets lonely here sometimes...

kind regards,

Mike

[edit on 3-6-2008 by JustMike]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Observer, I frequently do meditations for dream recall, i am a regular OBE'er, not by choice of my own, more like i just get ripped out. Ive always has this happen to me since i was 10 years old. Never told anyone about it, i was ashamed of it actually, and still am at frequent times. Call me crazy if you will, but alot of time i live the exact experience. Till i met my girlfriend, Who is the most fantastic person i have ever met in my life, this was about a year ago we started dating. She allowed me to be me, she was interested in my experiences, for she had her own gift she never told anyone. it became a mutual loving trusting relationship and still is to this day, it gets better and better. The rest from here is a long wonderful story, but thats a whole story in and of itself. The point it, Yes i do, experience very real events. . . Call it what you will, Makes no matter to me haha.

Now on to the actual post, I just got back from camping. I am the most drained person in the world right now, the experience was not at all good. Everything i stood for and against came up. blah, *Sigh* oh well.

Ive been trying to make out the details again however this is all ive gotten so far.

The lady was white, her face i cant make out , Blue clothes, windsuit'ish, ripped, ragged, torn, her hair was a mess, blood on her left cheek, a smudge mark of some sort. the child was clothed in a blanket, yellow, with gold trim. it looked ragged as well, dusty, by no means clean, looked old..

The building was, New, American. Inland, river(Stream, water of some sort, Water fountain?) flowing, i could hear it, not see it. Trees, Maple? 2 cars, 1 blue, one white.

Hakii

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
What I like about his thread is we are being left alone and able to think out loud without be battered to death.

I'm still concerned about that one cloud (sundog color) we need any photos you can get Katt that show up and time/date everything even if you have to just write it down.

I'm not feeling anything here and my cat is okay. The birds are chirping at 2 in the morning and all the missing honey bees are safe right here at my house in my trees and walls.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

The pressure of the headache over my right eye has lessoned. I figure thats because of the oregon quakes that were mentioned. Hopefully we won't get any more or get any in the portland area. I'd be scared then.

I don't have much to say today. Most of my body parts aren't hurting, nothing feels tweaked, though I do have a sense of foreboding that I can't seem to shake.

Tela

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
Edit to add: I hope everyone will please accept my apologies if I seem to be hogging the thread, on this page at least...It's party a problem of time difference. I think that at present I'm the only one from my part of the world on this thread...So by the time you get home from work and can sit down and do something online, I'm about ready to hit the sack...And as you can see there have been things happening and I thought it best to post them...
It sure gets lonely here sometimes...

kind regards,

Mike

Ha ha, dont worry about it Mike, take all the room you want.... I like the fact that we have people from all over the world on this topic... It gives us a global, 24 hr audience..

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Thanks, JustMike, for the heads up on my Mediterranean link-- guess I put the wrong url in-- was on the phone at the time. Can't edit it now, but it was an EQ in the sea. I believe Observe mentioned it above.

Still haven't looked at maps since last night, been gone all day.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Mediterranean EQ

I noticed another micro near Huntsville, AL and one on the Tennessee border as well.

USA EQ map

I haven't been sleeping too well this past week, despite feeling pretty sleepy at times. I think this is from that sense of something impending... Today I had a few SoCal and SoBay (SF) symptoms while out hiking, and of course, the seemingly ever-present Nevada and/or Wasatch ones.

I'm not sure when Charlotte's ATS interview is going to be on. Isn't there some way to find this out???

The past few days, I can feel the vibration picking up again... that's probably not a good thing. The house has been cracking and popping ever since I got back home about an hour ago.

I noticed yesterday that we must have set some kind of record for sirens/emergencies-- all day long, there were sirens every ten minutes. Perhaps people are a bit disoriented or distracted?

I also notice that the dogs seems a bit clingy this afternoon.

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join