It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 168
<< 165  166  167    169  170  171 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

That's a dreadful event, and incense feels like a very good idea. People have died and many more will be suffering greatly, so this is not the time for me to talk about how I feel. Thank you for the information and let's pray for no aftershocks.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Mike I just sent you a u2u. Have you seen the thread about the sonic boom in Indiana? Indiana!!!! Apparently some of the witnesses were saying they thought it was an earthquake at first. From what I have gathered from the thread it is still an ongoing investigation. It isn't making any sense to me. Indiana. Indiana. What am I missing?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

I just wanted to thank you and Mike for replying so quickly. I do feel like we can figuire this out if we work together. How are you guys feeling today? Anything out of the ordinary?

Again, thank you both so much. It is really nice to know that I am not alone in this

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

You're welcome.
Actually, today, I feel very good, despite being very hormonal. Had a couple of walks with the dog, been on my own all day really, just pottering out and getting ready for another week. I have none of the physical symptoms I had earlier in the week...no pain, apart from a little hip pain, but that's normal, and no panic or anxiety at all. Nothing. I was really bad on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I've no idea what caused it. The only thing I might be able to pinpoint is a hibernation feeling, like I want to stay in the house and not go out, but that's just my personality talking...it's not important here.

So....what about you...how are you feeling now? Anything specific you want to record?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I'm just tired. Just very tired.

I will keep you guys updated on anything specific that I feel. I hope you have a very nice day

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Hi newsoul,

I was glad for your message and glad to reply.

You've really been going through it lately! Just three days ago, on Nov 8, you specifically said:

As far as the location, I don't know. I feel as if it will be in the United States or at least close enough that it will have an effect on us. I keep seeing " i's " Like Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Idaho.....I don't know.

Indiana was the very first one you mentioned. Then today they get this strange event in Indiana -- one of those states where almost nothing ever seems to happen except the Indy 500.

I mean, a huge explosion, houses leveled, a police officer 3 miles away reporting his patrol was shaken by it. This made the national news and apparently we still don't know what the cause was.

At first authorities suspected a gas leak but then they ruled that out. So -- what was it?

Hmmm...

Something's just occured to me. I need to do some digging around among some documents and stuff. I'll be back later.

Mike

edit on 11/11/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I'm very interested to hear what you dig up.

I have been trying not to focus too much energy on all of this today, but that has proven to be very difficult. I just don't know what to make of it.

I've been cooking all day, preparing meals for the week ahead and doing some cleaning around the house before the work week starts.

My anxiety level is over the top, I can't concentrate and I just keep coming back to the same questions. Am I seeing pieces of a puzzle, or am I just getting random events. Are the events I am getting leading to a bigger event, I really think so. But why? What am I supposed to do with all of this?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

I'm still working on the Indiana thing but I have a theory that might explain it. However I want to see if "the authorities" come up with a feasible explanation within the next day or two. I suspect they won't and more likely, they'll come out with something that sounds okay providing a person doesn't look at it too closely.

If they produce a plausible explanation then my theory can probably be shelved. If they don't then I'll post it. (The post with its links and images is mostly written already.)

Now on to something more important right now. Namely, you.

Originally posted by newsoul
[snip] My anxiety level is over the top, I can't concentrate and I just keep coming back to the same questions. Am I seeing pieces of a puzzle, or am I just getting random events. Are the events I am getting leading to a bigger event, I really think so. But why? What am I supposed to do with all of this?

I know what you mean. This is a bit different from run-of-the-mill anxiety about common, daily events and quite a few of us have been through this many times and still find it hard to deal with. But, you learn to adapt and manage it. Everyone finds their own way to do that, but we can help each other with advice and support.

Pieces of a puzzle, or random events? Well, I guess it's both in a way. It's like a puzzle but the order in which we get the pieces can be random. "Normal", linear time can take a back seat in these cases. And besides the time sequence being messed up (from our human perspective), you get some pieces, other people get others.

For example, the past couple of days have been extraordinary, because we had Cait talking about London, you concerned about something coming up and (as first mention) you say "Indiana", then a quake occurs in your state, just 57 miles east of London, KY. And then today (or late last night US time) there is this weird explosion event in Indiana.

Meanwhile, yesterday evening (my time), I'm working with some here on that "Sweet Home, Alabama" thing and then it dawns: maybe it's not the state that matters, but the first part of the name. Half an hour later I'm down to places called Sweet Home in both AR and OR, and soon I've narrowed it down to OR. (Hopefully rightly!) So after drawing a line on a map from a Cascadia in Seattle to a Cascadia in OR, I find it passes right through Gresham, OR -- which is where Laser's dream back in February was set. A place he had to google to find out about -- after his dream! The day (or night) after my dream, which was probably in Seattle -- a place I've never even been to.

Out of all the possibilities, the line goes right through Gresham. I couldn't have faked all that up if I tried. It just worked out as it did, and the odds of it are so crazy low that I expect it means something. Like Indiana does. Like London, KY does. Like Sweet Home (both of them) do.

So, what are you supposed to do with all of this? The same thing we're all trying to do.
We'll keep putting the pieces together and see where they lead. There is no way we can shout warnings from the rooftops and neither should we dare. I wish we could sometimes but we are not ready yet. But eventually we might reach one of those "eureka!" moments.

Then, if we can work out the key to the puzzle -- how it is we get all these seemingly random images, places, concepts, names and times; all these things that clearly are not really random at all -- then we may be able to work together more efficiently and solve these puzzles much faster. That's the goal.

Because then, we may get some consistent results.

And then, maybe it will be time to head up to the rooftops.

Newsoul, I've been working on this for years, but it's only in the past few months that these pieces are really starting to come together as more members get involved. And now we are beginning to get pieces of the puzzle that are directly connecting to others.

I feel that's progress.

Working together, we can get there. And most importantly of all, none of us has to go through this alone.

Mike

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Just been a large aftershock in Guatemala:

M6.2 - 24km WSW of Champerico, Guatemala
Event Time

2012-11-11 22:15:01 UTC
2012-11-11 16:15:01 UTC-06:00 at epicenter
2012-11-11 23:15:01 UTC+01:00 system time

14.206°N 92.125°W depth=29.9km (18.6mi)
Nearby Cities

24km (15mi) WSW of Champerico, Guatemala
39km (24mi) SSE of Suchiate, Mexico
51km (32mi) S of Ciudad Tecun Uman, Guatemala
59km (37mi) SW of Retalhuleu, Guatemala
180km (112mi) WSW of Guatemala City, Guatemala

Source: USGS

That's a fairly shallow quake and such a powerful aftershock doesn't bode well for the people in the region, because a lot of structures already weakened by the big quake four days ago could even collapse.

My heart goes out to these people.

Please keep them in your thoughts, everyone. Thankfully it never gets very cold there so at least they don't have that problem to contend with. But they will be even more fearful of returning to their homes, and more of them will be sleeping in tents or makeshift shelters.

Mike

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Great post Mike...gave me goosebumps. I know this is something really significant, and like you say, we're all being given just bits of the puzzle that seems non-sensical on their own, but provide much more than the whole when put together. We're not there yet, but we will be, I hope.

As much as it was a significant, painful event, the Myanmar quake...and part of me hurts to say this...made me feel like, nope, that's not it. I'm almost embarrassed to voice that opinion as many people died, and I never want anyone to think I'm making light of that kind of grief. It's like I have felt something maybe not bigger, but somehow weirder, more unusual, that we've never seen before and didn't think was possible. I suspect that's why I'm so anxious on occasions.

I've been racking my brains to come up with something clever that might help with regard to location.
Didn't exactly work, so sorries for that....but a tiny inspiration did strike. What about looking at earth chakras? Maybe it's already been mentioned, but it's a curious thing we could perhaps investigate. Many are in very seismically active areas. Maybe there is a correlation to where we feel them in our physical bodies.

Here is a wee linky to get us started...

Earth chakras list and map

Hmmm...have been meaning to say since yesterday...on the line you drew from Cascadia to Sweet Home, it passed through Ireland? Didn't someone mention Ireland and the whole Enya thing the other day?
edit on 11-11-2012 by caitlinfae because: to add stuff.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Hi Cait,

just a quick reply this time. (I know, promises, promises!)
I'd already logged out then checked this thread and thought I'd better log back in and reply before I go to bed.

Yes, I am pretty sure that quake in Myanmar was not it. In fact, I'm still more concerned about the western side of the Americas. Hmm... Just had "Peru" pop into my head so I'll note it here but it might not be immediately relevant.

A lot's been going on. Makes me wonder. So many little pieces coming together in what seems such a bizarre and random way. But if it's random then the odds of "this" connecting with "that" are worse than winning the lotto... but they do connect.

That line... Yes, besides passing right through Gresham OR, (btw, where is Lasertaglvr?), that line on the map between the two Cascadias passes just 3 miles west of Ireland, WA: the place that a member wrote to me about in her message a couple of days back.

Just 3 miles. It may be a tad either way, allowing got my slight errors with drawing lines. But let's say within 2 miles and 4 miles.

So that's another piece of the puzzle and it seems to be pointing out the PNW as a place we need to focus on even more. Not solely, as we have other regions to consider as well -- like Arkansas and up into the NMSZ, and also the Wabash Valley seismic zone and states that it partly covers. Especially ones starting with "i".

Earth chakras. Yes. I've read of them. And ley lines. It's all worth considering. Clues are found by looking, but first we have to realize when a clue is a clue.

We're doing that. And maybe getting closer to the key.

Okay, time to hit the hay. Catch you all tomorrow.

Mike

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Wow. Just WOW! It really is a puzzle.

Thank you for all of the time that you have taken with this thread, and caring enough to respond to all of my crazy questions. You and Caitlinfae are amazing!!

Ireland, WA???? I didn't know it existed, but I find it rather curious. As long as I can remember, I have had a facination with Ireland. I have no idea why, but when I read that in your post it was almost like a lightbulb came on in my mind. "O" yes "O". I feel O's and water???? I feel like a lunatic with all of this cryptic crap running around in my head these days. I really am a normal person, with a normal family and a normal job. I don't run around telling people to take cover and that the sky is falling. Well not usually anyway

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm really enjoying this thread and I would like to thank OP and others for the contributions and in-depth replies. I'll be visiting this thread often

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I think I posted in this thread way long ago, but did not follow it afterwards.

I recently posted another thread, describing a current phase of not sleeping well, active dreaming, body aches (back, head) and the day before yesterday, I was vibrating!

That is something I posted about here before- my husband has this vibration that comes off of his skin sometimes (feels like electricity) that anyone who touches him can feel. Each time it happened, we had an earthquake near us the next day.
This time, it was I who had that vibration-electricity thing, my husband said (I couldn't feel it).

The next day (Nov. 11, yesterday) we had three earthquakes around our home in different directions.

Magnitude ML 2.5
Region FRANCE
Date time 2012-11-11 20:13:43.0 UTC
Location 44.77 N ; 6.71 E
Depth 2 km

Magnitude ML 2.5
Region FRANCE
Date time 2012-11-11 20:09:13.2 UTC
Location 45.88 N ; 6.79 E
Depth 2 km

Magnitude ML 2.7
Region FRANCE
Date time 2012-11-11 11:07:22.4 UTC
Location 45.03 N ; 2.98 E
Depth 2 km

Source

Basically, of these three points, our home is right in the middle. They are not that strong, but we do not have earthquakes often here, and I've never seen three on the same day!

So this reinforces a bit my observation that there might be a correlation between this "vibrating" phenomenon (and possibly the disturbances in sleeping and body aches).

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Hi Bluesma,

yes, you posted back in April. (Just check "posts in thread" in the drop-down list under your avatar.).

Wait a second, browser shaking...

Uh-oh... Mag 6 quake off coast of Alaska. Just a minute, will post details...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Magnitude 6 off coast of Alaska, about 13 minutes ago:

M6.0 - 264km S of Cape Yakataga, Alaska
Event Time

2012-11-12 20:42:16 UTC
2012-11-12 10:42:16 UTC-10:00 at epicenter
2012-11-12 21:42:16 UTC+01:00 system time

57.854°N 142.914°W depth=15.5km (9.6mi)
Nearby Cities

264km (164mi) S of Cape Yakataga, Alaska
499km (310mi) W of Juneau, Alaska
555km (345mi) SW of Whitehorse, Canada
561km (349mi) SE of Anchorage, Alaska
571km (355mi) SE of Knik-Fairview, Alaska

Source: USGS

Quite shallow. I'll check maps to see if this is a subduction zone region.

EDIT 1: Revision of depth (shallower) and magnitude (increased). NOTE: this is the SAME quake as above, NOT another one. It is just a data revision!

M6.2 - 248km S of Cape Yakataga, Alaska
Event Time

2012-11-12 20:42:14 UTC
2012-11-12 10:42:14 UTC-10:00 at epicenter
2012-11-12 21:42:14 UTC+01:00 system time

57.852°N 142.907°W depth=0.4km (0.2mi)
Nearby Cities

248km (154mi) S of Cape Yakataga, Alaska
502km (312mi) W of Juneau, Alaska
544km (338mi) SE of Anchorage, Alaska
549km (341mi) WSW of Whitehorse, Canada
554km (344mi) SE of Knik-Fairview, Alaska

Source: same link as above.

Location refined slightly. That's a pretty normal revision. Mag increased from 6.0 to 6.2. Not a major change and also very typical in early revisions. (It could get revised down again slightly. Or up.) Depth revised from 15.5 km to 0.4 km (9.6 mi to 0.2 mi). Now that's quite a difference and it means this quake was just below the surface. That's quite unusual for bigger quakes like this. EDIT: See my notes in the next post. The depth was revised again after I posted here.

Map for above quake:

Map sourced from USGS Main Quake Map Page.

Summary: Good(ish) news overall. This quake a fair way offshore and so it hopefully won't affect people in the region too much. It's very unlikely to cause any tsunami worth mentioning. It's also not too close to the nearest subduction zone boundary. However, it's still within range (so to speak) and could indicate possible further activity there or in other places along the subduction zone boundary.

Worth keeping an eye on, anyway.

Mike

edit on 12/11/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/11/12 by JustMike because: Added data update and added map. Added summary notes.

edit on 12/11/12 by JustMike because: Added note re depth (re-)revision and ned to refer to next post.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The above quake has now been upgraded to a 6.4:

M6.4 - 248km S of Cape Yakataga, Alaska 2012-11-12 20:42:15 UTC
Event Time

2012-11-12 20:42:15 UTC
2012-11-12 10:42:15 UTC-10:00 at epicenter
2012-11-12 21:42:15 UTC+01:00 system time

57.544°N 142.889°W depth=55.2km (34.3mi)
Nearby Cities

248km (154mi) S of Cape Yakataga, Alaska
502km (312mi) W of Juneau, Alaska
544km (338mi) SE of Anchorage, Alaska
549km (341mi) WSW of Whitehorse, Canada
554km (344mi) SE of Knik-Fairview, Alaska

Source USGS

Things to note:
Magnitude -- this is a quite significant upgrade from the original (machine-posted) magnitude 6.0. A mag 6.4 quake is about 2.5 times bigger than a 6.0, but in terms of energy release, it's almost 4 times stronger.

Location -- they seemed to have this pretty well pegged now. Little change from the previous update.

Depth -- this revised depth of 55.2 km (34.3 mi) looks much more reasonable (and likely) that the previously posted ultra-shallow figure and I suspect the final analysis won't show a huge variation from this. (It could come out +- ten km or so but not much more, I expect.)

In terms of tectonics this is still a reasonably shallow quake. It it by no means really deep. (Quakes can occur at depths of 100s of km.) However, it does tend to suggest a near-plate edge type of event. The mid-plate quakes can be deeper.

As I have to log out soon (early start in the morning for me), I'd be glad if member could keep an eye on the quake maps for any other activity. While technically off the Alaskan coast is not in the PNW region, it's related to it and we should watch out for any more activity down towards the PNW itself.

In any case, it's been a busy few days on that side of the plate so we can only hope that it doesn't get busier.

Mike

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Hey Mike and friends, it was a super busy weekend for me and my kids, so just limited time on here, and I am really sorry that I have not replied sooner.

Anyway, the ideas you guys are presenting are really interesting. The Gresham dream was very shocking and scary for me, which is why I went looking for it on Google. There was no Gresham signs in the dream, and it took quite a bit of double checking until I figured it out. But the pics from the laser tag place that is there (Laser Planet) are for sure what was in my dream, and I verified the mountains in view when I was outside. Street level google helped out a lot too.

I still think that place is doomed, and I am very sorry for saying that. But that dream was so different than any other that I personally have had.

Regarding the current theory you guys are tossing around, the only thing that was stuck in my head this past weekend was raking 21 bags of leaves, and the "I want to do bad things to you" song that is the main theme song for True Blood, but I was watching the series all weekend. However, using the thought process on here, I did find it interesting that my older son called me on Sunday and we reminisced about my army days, when I was stationed at Fort Polk, LA for a little while when he was little. So a couple of things for Lousiana.

So what I have using this process, is my re-posting of my Gresham dream, amidst a flurry of NW activity, my daughters dream of Detroit on the destructive edge of a massive eq with some midwest activity (if your count Kentucky), and me zoning in alot about Lousiana.

However, I felt nothing over the last few days. Not a single ear ring, no pressure, nothing. First time in weeks that I felt totally calm and not worried in the least. That raises the other idea you guys were all talking about, ie. the calm before the storm?

Which brings me to today. A couple of hours ago, right after the kids got home at 3:30 est, my ears started ringing off and on. About an hour ago, the feelings have returned, but not very intense as of this typing.

But they are back. Not enough for me to issue a prediction, but worth noting nonetheless.

And for the record, the Alaska quake did nothing to increase or decrease the effects.

Hmmm...literally just got another ear ring just now.

Enough for now, the kids need help with homework.

Peace and Love to you all

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

LOVE me some True Blood! Now I have the damn song stuck in my head.

Laid on the couch most of the day but had a sudden energy spurt about three hours ago. I have a clear head and no pressure in my ears. Ahhh.....relief. The last 10 days were bad. So bad I went to the doc begging him to find something wrong. Nada.

I think the fuzzy head and dizziness gets me the worst. I can handle the ear ringing and work through it, but I can't work through the dizziness and slow brain.

The need to protect everyone from some underlying danger is still pretty strong. I find myself looking at complete strangers and wanting to tell them to be prepared. For what, I don't know. And I am pretty for sure, going by gut feeling, that it won't be in my neck of the woods.....

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hubby woke me up at 6:05 this morning saying he had really bad left pec pain.
He looked at USGS & didn't see anything, so he was afraid it wasn't eq related.
When I looked there was a 5.8 in Japan at 6:15 EST. I didn't think that was
big enough to bother him that much. And now I see they have it as a 5.0, so nope!

He had a follow up doctor's appointment out of town today.
His BP, pulse, everything were great. Doesn't have to go back there for a year.

When we got home & saw the one in Alaska it made me wonder.
Tonight young cat was trilling & wanting attention, but this time she was crying too.
I don't remember her doing both at the same time before.

Old cat is under the desk again, was last night too. Poor thing, he's been spending
a lot of time there lately. It makes me think something is still in the works!

Hubby says he's feels miserable. I have some slight ear ringing,
nothing else so far!
WOQ

top topics

<< 165  166  167    169  170  171 >>

join