It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 167
<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

That could be it. I have no clue why I'm picking up on stuff in that region though, since I'm in Scotland, except it's maybe to show me what's possible. I really don't know. You would think I would pick up on Iceland or even areas like Turkey first. Istanbul is such a powder keg, and the Icelandic earthquake and volcano potential scares the hell out of me. Even movement in the Great Glen fault in Scotland isn't unknown either.

The only other Alabama I could find in a quick search is in New York so I guess I'm a bit off there...being too rational, and too obvious perhaps.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Yes, it's strange, isn't it? But I pick up on the US as well, and I'm in Prague in the middle of Europe. In fact it freaked me out when they had those quakes in Oklahoma and some of the worst damage was in Prague, OK.

That's something we'll definitely have to look into more. There might be a pattern but I'm not sure. I've got successful predictions logged in this thread for places as diverse as Greece, the Kamchatka region, Bolivia, PNW (USA), Alaska, off Taiwan and various others I can't recall right now. And like many I was affected before the Japan quake and some of the other bad ones as well over the years.

Hard to figure.

I don't think it matters so much where we physically live. It's down to something else.

If we can work that out it would go a long way to getting to the next stage.

Right now I'm pondering something else. Namely, Lynyrd Skynyrd. The ones who did "Sweet Home, Alabama". Lynyrd Skynyrd and that terrible plane crash they had in 1977 just outside Gillsburg, MS. Just a note: they didn't originate in Alabama, though some think they did because of that song. They were from Jacksonville, FL.

Trying to connect it all.

edit on 10/11/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

We definitely need to work on this, if it's to be useful at all. Maybe I will start some kind of diary or map tomorrow. I have a whole long day off to myself so I will make time. We can't be having all these feelings, and processing all this information, if that's what it is, for there to be no point. It would make it more bearable if it could actually be useful even once.

I wish I could remember how I felt before the Japan quake, but at the time, I was living in a little cottage in the middle of nowhere with no tv and no internet for my last six months there. I listened to the radio every day to keep in touch with some of what was happening and when I heard about the Japan quake, I can remember thinking, god, I miss ATS so much.

We possibly have something quite useful here, and it's not something I was looking for, or wanted to experience even, which makes me think it a task we've been given that could be significant.

From your last post, the word Gillsburg stood out...is there anything round there we should be looking at?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Not sure what to make of Gillsburg. I was just thinking out loud. Normally I don't post it all, though!
But this is often how I work if I don't have an "indicator" practically flashing like a neon sign.

But that song you mentioned. Sweet Home, Alabama. Produced by a music group who faced a major disaster of their own.

And, there is a place called Sweet Home in Arkansas. It's in the southern suburbs of Little Rock. And that's within range of the New Madrid Seismic Zone.

There is also a Sweet Home in Oregon. It's about 30 miles NE of Eugene, OR. And we all know about the PNW.

Hmmm...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Aha.....some excellent lateral thinking there...well done!
I can't think about this rationally at all, or ego gets involved and it all goes to hell. Maybe with a day off, and some meditation, and perhaps inspiration if it's appropriate that I get it, will help.

As far as symptom go, I still have none, despite cheese sandwiches, a Chinese takeaway, even chocolate.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Rational thinking is excellent when we need to read quake reports and research, or try to figure out specific quake scenarios based upon historical data. It is almost useless when we're involved in something like this.

Lateral thinking is definitely one way to go about it.
Or free assocation or whatever leads us somewhere useful. Some might think it's not scientific but that would be a very narrow view of science. Some of the best breakthroughs in science have come about in very roundabout ways.

I'm still getting my head around fact that just two days ago you specified "London" and then today, the biggest quake in the entire central US for six months occurs just 57 miles east of a place called London.

"London" is not exactly high on the list of place names the average person would suggest as being near a significant quake. And it was significant:

Chief Meteorologist Chris Bailey of WKYT-TV in Lexington said the earthquake was the strongest in Kentucky since a 5.2 quake that hit Bath County in 1980.

The USGS reported that it was felt in West Virginia, Tennessee, Ohio, North Carolina, Georgia, Indiana and South Carolina. On social media, people in Kentucky reported feeling it as far south as Williamsburg and Corbin and as far west as Lexington and Mount Sterling.

From: Updated: Earthquake centered near Whitesburg felt in Lexington and several states at Kentucky (dot) com.

So, the strongest quake in the entire state in 32 years. And due to the Central US substrata being quite different from those on the west coast, it was felt in seven states outside of Kentucky.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hmmm... Just been looking again at Sweet Home, Oregon on Google Earth and noticed something.

Sweet Home is 12 miles west (ie 90 degrees W) of... Cascadia, Oregon.

The only other place I could find called "Cascadia" is a suburb (?) in Seattle, WA.

But here's something very interesting. If we draw a line from Cascadia, OR to Cascadia (in Seattle), WA, then it passes right through...

... Yes, it goes through the middle of Gresham, Oregon -- that state's fourth-largest city and also the one Laser had in his dream. The one he didn't know about and had to google later to find out about it.

That line actually misses the Google "place name marker" by half a mile. But that line passes right through Gresham.

This gets curioser and curioser. Until I started searching this evening I had no idea there was a place called sweet Home in Oregon, and didn't know about those two places called Cascadia either. I thought "Cascadia" was only used for the name of the subduction zone.

And for a long time, that's been one of our main concerns.

Now this. Laser had that dream about being in Gresham, reposted it yesterday -- and now this.

I'm taking a break. It's getting late here.

Please discuss...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I live in Kentucky Mike.....

2nd

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Hey Mike,it's been awhile.

What is up with this felt map?
It seems like it is fractured.

www.kentucky.com...

I live a about 200 miles west of the quake and I'm hearing reports of people feeling it here.

Now,around here in Kentucky,with have many limestone caverns.I wonder if that has sometthing to do with how the map looks.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Yes, newsoul. I know.
I was hoping you didn't get shaken up too much.

How are you doing? You okay there?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I totally agree with the rationality element of what you do...it's so vital, of course. I usually work on a much more intuitive, creative level, but can do the whole rational thing to the nth degree too when I want to or have to. What I can't do is combine the two. The information I seem to be getting is purely intuitive, so I think I will just have to keep listening and handing what I get over to you all here to work with. I can make no sense of it at all.
But that's ok.

The Sweet Home thing is *very* interesting, by the way. You know how I feel about Cascadia. Scared the hell out of me when I was in Seattle.

It just occurred to me that I could be a little more proactive with requesting information. This has worked very well for me in the past. If I make a request for information that would be genuinely be useful to us, I know it will show up, sooner rather than later. Will keep you posted, probably tomorrow. Maybe it will come in the dreamtime.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Hi Kdog,

great to hear from you, my friend! Don't worry about the way the map looks. It isn't showing ground fractures or anything. It's just that it breaks up the "felt" reports into counties (or parishes in some places maybe) and they're then coded according to how strong the quake was felt.

What it shows is there was pretty wide coverage. EDIT: a ballpark figure would be around 20,000 square miles, by the looks. Some area had no reports but they could be very rugged with few people and maybe even fewer with online access to send in reports. But even so that's a very extensive "felt" area, and shows the huge difference between Central US quakes and ones of similar size out West.

Hoping things stay peaceful for you-all. But I ought to log off now. Been on here about ten hours today already.

I'll drop in tomorrow and be praying for a quiet US quake map. And elsewhere too would be a blessing.

Mike

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I'm doing well, thank you for asking. It is so odd, I had been thinking about posting for over a month and just never did it. On the 7th I posted simply because of the unrelenting feelings I was experiencing. The fact that there was an earthquake here today does not make me feel better. The feelings have not gone away. I am now more convinced than ever that it is going to be very bad.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Your posts have been very timely and for those who want evidence of what we sense, you posts and others like them from various members here are awful hard to ignore.

I was thinking of you earlier today because I knew you'd posted just a few short days ago and it always worries me when members of our little community here might be affected by the ground shaking, especially when you sense something may be coming. I've only ever experienced little quakes myself but they were enough for me.

As you know, sooner or later something bigger will let go somewhere. It's part of the way our planet works as it moves energy around. But I hope you'll be okay there and that you've prepared as best you're able. We've other members in your region (like Kdog) and that's good because you can share what you feel and also talk about the practicalities of being prepared.

A bit of moral support is always good and you will certainly find that here.

I hear what you're saying about something bigger yet to come and I feel many of us still have that same sense. The hardest part is figuring the when and the where. That's our ultimate goal, our pot of gold at the end of this special rainbow, and I feel we can at least get closer to reaching it.

This thread has always been more about the people than the quakes themselves, because it's the lives that matter. And as I said some time back, if we can even help to give just one person a better chance to survive and live on, then whatever time we spend here on this problem -- and away from here as well in our study, our meditation and our thoughts and yes, even our prayers -- whatever we put into it, if we can help to perhaps save even one life, then it's worth everything.

People, I'm signing off now, but like I do every day I'll be thinking of you and wishing you all well. Positive thoughts can never harm, but they can sure help.

Stay safe, all of you.

EDIT: just dropped back in to say that -- well, when I said I'm thinking of you and wishing you all well, I'm sure many of us do the same. I'm just an ordinary guy. No-one special. But it means a lot that you spend time here and we discuss these ideas and also share what we feel.

I didn't put that very well but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Mike

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
7.0 in Myanmar just now.

Still not what I'm feeling coming.

Edit 6.6 now

Peace
edit on 10-11-2012 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2012 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Yeah, we pretty much missed this one.
Young cat was trilling a little & scratching me,
but only for a few seconds.
Hubby slept through it! My ears were ringing pretty good,
but that's about it! Ringing started up again though.

We were wondering if maybe last night we were sensing Peru, Alabama & Kentucky?

Mike must be right about symptoms sometimes tapering off before one.
We felt a lot more last night than today!

Go figure! It is about as far away as one can get though!
WOQ

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Just got home from the movies and came straight to my computer to check USGS. I was feelign this the whoel time we were away.
I read at Yahoo that the prelim reports are no injuries or damages, but I don't think that will end up being accurate.
Prayers for the people in the area.

edit on 10-11-2012 by Cherryontop because: Because I was an insesitive jerk.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Hello quake family. I have been avoiding this thread like crazy. Headaches, ear ringing, cranky, dizzy spells, major fatigue on 10 hours sleep, fogginess, you name it. Doc says go get a massage, there is nothing wrong with you. Arggg...the feelings of danger Will Robinson are so strong I thought I was going to shout it out in the middle of Walmart the other day.

I have a lot of catching up to do since before the Central American quake, but I have felt a little relief tonight and just wanted to pop in here real quick

Oh, and GOM, I was like

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Old cat just came into the room a few minutes ago,
stood there staring at me & crying!!!???
He's never done that before!

Then he went under the desk & stayed there.
What's up with that???
My ears are ringing now, but no worse than usual.
It's almost 3 AM here. I have to go to bed as much as I don't want to!
Was just reading about the explosion in Indiana.

I'm in PA. Now with the cat acting all funny,
I'm getting weirded out!!!
I did have to have popcorn again a few hours ago!
Everyone be safe!!!
WOQ

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Yes, that quake in Myanmar was pretty major for them. The hypocenter was only 9.8 km (6.1 mi) and that is not deep at all, especially when it's a big quake. People there would have been shaken pretty badly and tragically, there have been at least 12 fatalities reported so far.

It's sad to think that they way news gets reported is so often based upon the number of deaths. I understand there are certain practicalities in reporting, but even so, for the people involved and for their families and those who love them, it makes little difference if the event is "newsy" or not. The lost one is still lost.

I'm lighting some incense for the people there. They are mainly Buddhists, so it seems right.

Mike

new topics

top topics

<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join