It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 165
<< 162  163  164    166  167  168 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Hello newsoul,

you are very welcome here, I assure you. And if you are crazy then don't worry, join the club!

I am sure many of us can relate to those lesser cases of "precog" that you told us about and have had the same. And several here have had similar, much more "serious" cases of precognition and it is one of the main areas we are pursuing.

As it happens, in the posts I referred Caitlinfae to just above, I mentioned that for about three years in this thread, I stayed away from saying to much about the "esoteric" component in my own predictions because I was worried about "creeping people out". People often fear what they don't understand, so as my first concern was to contribute here and see what results we got, I said little about exactly how I got my results.

And yes, I was also worried about being thought crazy.

But finally I put that worry aside as it doesn't really matter. Being able to sense things so specifically and iterate them is nothing to do with one's mental stability (or lack of it). It's more to do with self-awareness and being able to interpret what we sense. So, the reason I put aside that concern and now quite willingly talk about the esoteric side, is because for one thing, we are accumulating evidence that it exists, and secondly, it is simply the right time.

So, when you say that you feel something bigger is coming, be assured that you are one of several who just in this thread alone have recently felt a surge of sorts in that direction. We do get a fair amount of lower-level sensations coming through quite often, but I've noticed that the posts tend to pick up in both their numbers and levels of intensity of feelings being reported just prior to larger events. And there is more synchronicity attached to them as well, it seems. (Though the latter is harder to quantify.)

The week or so before last year's huge Japan quake is a prime example. That's one of the advantages of having a thread that runs for years. (This one started in May, 2008.)

If you have any conception of location, then by all means let us know. It is not an issue if you're wrong, in fact we would more often expect that to happen. What makes things interesting is when we are right and the odds being so are very small in terms of mere chance.

I'd suggest taking a look at the USGS world quake map here. It's clickable so you can zoom in on regions as you wish. But please have a look at it and see if any location jumps out at you. (That's what happens for me sometimes.) If you get anything from it, then let us know.

And again, welcome!

Mike

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thank you for the reply. It's a relief that you don't think I'm crazy

As far as the location, I don't know. I feel as if it will be in the United States or at least close enough that it will have an effect on us. I keep seeing " i's " Like Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Idaho.....I don't know.

It doesn't work like that for me. I don't ask questions. I just get a feeling and wait and see what happens. What I am "feeling" is monumental. That is the only way I can describe it "monumental". Monument??? I don't know

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Just heard back from my niece that's in the Caymann's.
They didn't feel anything, but they were snorkeling at the time!!!

When hubby came home from work, he definitely had his eq 'face' on!
I asked him if he felt anything & what time, & he was spot on time wise.
He said his symptoms were about a 6 1/2 at the time.
He had the usual, plus had to try really hard to keep from blubbering.
Plus a new one. Hot flashes & sweats!!!

He said at first when it was just an overwhelming sadness,
he was afraid he was feeling some serious post election riots or something!
Then when the other symptoms started showing up he figured quake.
He felt this one more than the Queen Charlotte one, but this one was closer.

His symptoms aren't completely gone though.
I've had the munchies like crazy for a few hours too.
Just saw the 5.6 in New Guinea, but that's usually too small for me,
unless maybe it gets upgraded.
Some ear ringing off & on today, but nothing loud or long lasting.
Cats sleeping, husband sleeping, just me & my dishes that need finished!!!
Oh, oh, popcorn is starting to call me!!!
WOQ

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

Might have been the 6.3 aftershock up in Canada that just went off. Good call!

But...I still really feel and believe something bigger is coming, soonish.

Peace and Love to all

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Thanks for that, JustMike. I know it was directed at newsoul, but I needed to hear it too.
I have had this thing, what ever you want to cal it, for years now. It took a long time for me to put the symptoms together with the cause. I had to record them to see the correlation, and then after I saw the pattern, I had to be brave enough to tell my family and friends.

It only took a few times to get them to see it was real. Creepy, sometimes, amazing other times, always very uncomfortable for me, personally. I've been a member here for I think 4 years, and this is the first time( meaning since Nov 1) I publicly have posted in this forum, though I have privately messaged a couple members over the years.

It takes courage to put this out there, and we need to feel safe. I applaud this place and kattraxx for starting this thread. I hope we learn much from it.

On an aside, I don't think it's over. I have only had my physical symptoms last this long before Haiti and Japan, again when significant loss of life is present. I don't think Sandy, or Guatemala are matching up with my sense.
edit on 7-11-2012 by Cherryontop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae

Originally posted by newsoul

I saw the 7.4 that happened earlier today, that is not it.
I know that I probably sound crazy and that a lot of people won't believe me, but I was compelled to share this with you. Just remember 7.4 is nothing compared to what I am feeling. It will effect us.

Exactly......that's not it. Not even close. There is something much bigger in the works.

Again...Mike...thank you for the post, I will look at the locations in the song again, and keep posting anything I feel/hear/sense/intuit.

Sleep well everyone...talk tomorrow.

Same here. I keep harping on about PNW, and seeing the van island 6.3, leaves me with a pit of nerves in my stomach. I really, Really think we will see more in that area. Although I hope that's not the case. Wait and see when the revised info comes in as to whether it was on the subduction zone or not. Otherwise no physical symptoms, slept terribly, but Co-sleeping with a 2 year old doesn't help.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Yeah, don't think it's over yet.
Our ears are ringing again, mine louder than before.
Feel very wiped out. It's not a tired feeling,
more like someone stole my batteries!!!

On Quake Watch they said CNN is saying 48 reported dead in Guatemala.
That could be the overwhelming sadness hubby was feeling.
He's very empathetic!

Sure hope nothing's still building!!!
WOQ

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

It does take courage, its scary. And the helplessness is overwhelming at times. I never get location, so I often feel it is hopeless. But Mike and many others on here have helped me feel better.

If we could figure this out collectively, then maybe we could help someday.

For now, everything is building rapidly. Feeling like last year.

Peace and love to all

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Dang it. I just have such a strong feeling that I need to be watching the seismos...I have been surfing the net for awhile tonight, looking for inspiration as to where.

Of course, I ended up at here.
I started thinking more about Oklahoma. Some of you might remember i was on a kick with Oklahoma last year right before they had a rash of moderate quakes. I was thinking about it, and remembered I had had some dreams and 'impressions' about it, including a possible date but thanks to my short-term memory issues, couldn't recall the details. However, I recalled Mike suggesting that maybe it was in reference to a future date....so i used the search function to find my own, old posts.

Well...if anyone cares to explore it, Here is the thread where I first started talking about it. The jist of it was this: Watch Oklahoma....Western border...7.4 quake...the numbers (date?) 11 7

So...here we are nearly one year later and I am drawn back to it. I once again find myself saying "Watch Oklahoma".

edit on 19-10-2012 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

Okay.....wow.

First, I want to start by saying that the above linked post from just over a year ago was never meant as a prediction. It was simply me sharing with you all some impressions I was giving while praying. Essentially, Oklahom.....7.4 quake......possible date of 11/7 (no year)

So. here we are. 11/7 and there was a 7.4 quake this morning. NOW.. It was of course not in Oklahoma and I don't see how it could relate to Oklahoma but I am begining to learn a little bit how this all works. I simply recieve impressions, or visions, or names/numbers and share it. I have since come to understand that most of the time it isn't for me to interpret.

I still have a very strong sense that something bigger is looming...and still that we need to be watching Oklahoma.(ETA: not that the big event is in Oklahoma, but something) perhaps this affirmation is just that: affirmation. For me, possibly for others. To keep LISTENING.

ETA quake info:

Magnitude 7.4
Date-Time Wednesday, November 07, 2012 at 16:35:50 UTC
Wednesday, November 07, 2012 at 10:35:50 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 14.083°N, 91.916°W
Depth 41.6 km (25.9 miles)
Region OFFSHORE GUATEMALA
Distances 24 km (14 miles) S of Champerico, Guatemala
56 km (34 miles) SSW of Retalhuleu, Guatemala
61 km (37 miles) SSW of San Sebastian, Guatemala
61 km (37 miles) SSE of Suchiate, Mexico

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 15 km (9.3 miles); depth +/- 9 km (5.6 miles)
Parameters NST=635, Nph=635, Dmin=244.9 km, Rmss=1.17 sec, Gp= 58°,
M-type=(unknown type), Version=7
Source Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usb000dlwm

edit on 8-11-2012 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Morning all...
hope you all slept well. I slept ok, but had very very strange dreams involving work. Nothing about disasters, just very weird stuff....

wasobservingquietly....."like someone stole my batteries"....this is a bang on description of how I feel some days!
Made me smile just to read that. Last Saturday was one of them. I just could not get my lazy backside off the couch, and in almost ten hours of home aloneness, I washed the dishes and has a shower. That's all. Not like me at all. All energy gone.

I'm a lot less sore this morning, but the anxiety is lurking. That never completely goes away. I wish I could pin it down to a location, but perhaps I'm being too rational wanting that, which might ruin the process, and I should allow myself to stay entirely in intuition and report everything i feel. The PNW has been my quiet obsession for years ever since I visited there, and had a quiet personal panic attack the first time I saw Mount Rainer. I also have a feeling about the west coast of South America, but it wouldn't surprise me at all is something massive is brewing somewhere we absolutely don't expect it, which is perhaps why we are all feeling it so much. The surprise element maybe has more shock value, if we're picking up on future feelings of panic and uncertainty. I dunno...maybe somewhere like in the mid Atlantic, or London might be enough to do that. When my other half had that tsunami dream a couple of weeks ago, he was in north London.

Later today, I'm going to work on a way of pinning down location and see if I can work out a system of defining patterns if I can, just to play with. And I will keep a close eye on the mail at work for any unusual destinations, or places mentioned more than once.

edit on 8-11-2012 by caitlinfae because: typos.....sleepy.....

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It is hard to seperate logic and emotion at times.

I feel something, not big...but really huge coming. But I never know where.

However, logically, my mind keeps looking at images like this below and it, my mind, says...right there.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

I remember that terrible Portland dream I had a long time back that I posted in this thread (I'll try to find it later) and looking at that pic above just re-enforces my fear.

My emotions, empathy and eq sense know that something wicked is coming.

My mind is saying there.

Praying that both are wrong.

Peace and Love to all of you good people

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ok, so I found that dream I mentioned above. It was in February of this year and it was horrible. I can close my eyes and see most of it quite clearly right now.

Anyway, with everything going on in that region, thought I would add this to it.

Peace and Love

Originally posted by lasertaglover
Rrrrrrrrr.

Just googled a bunch of stuff to help me validate my own dream. I did a look up of the name of the place I saw, and then did a google street view. 100% of it being the place in my dream. It is Gresham, and that would be Portland nearby. And even though it is in my name, I don't dream about laser tag...I'm just a Dad that likes playing the game with his kids.

2.15.12 6:30 am scs
I am playing laser tag, and I thought I got shoved or tripped. Once on the ground, I can feel it beneath me rolling.  I can feel myself getting nervous. My ears start ringing when I'm on the ground, at the bottom of an orange painted ramp.

I stand up and start screaming at everyone to get out. 

At first, they laugh at me and think I'm crazy. Then it's like I turn into a ghost, as people are walking right through me. 

I feel the ground rumbling, not as strong as before, but almost constant now.

Alarms are going off now, and the players are running out of the arena, through a brightly lit, lobby with lots of video games, and lots of windows.

Outside now, people hurt, blood everywhere. I'm physical again, helping people, giving first aid.

The ground is still rumbling, and the sky to the left, west, is starting to darken. 

The sounds, omg the sounds. It's just horrible to hear the crying, the screaming.

I don't know how much time has passed, but as I am helping tie off a bandage on an old black man, I see myself becoming transparent again. 

Just as I notice me turning into a ghost again, the old man smiles and says, "it's ok, your real job is to survive and help others later."

I'm crying so hard now in the dream.

The sound is getting louder now, and somehow I know exactly what it is. I am screaming insanely now, and I can feel myself becoming solid again.

I'm screaming to get to high ground. Please get to high ground, please.

I am standing in front of this plaza that has this laser tag place, and to my right, I can see a large mountain by itself. In front of me is broken buildings and people, and in the distance a little ways, maybe a mile, I can see large commercial boats sitting on the ground in a larger, empty river. 

I can see a city to the left that has nothing but crumbling buildings and fires. And behind me is that plaza with the laser tag place, and behind that the ground slopes up, hill like.

I look down at this old black man, who has the most beautiful face now, and he says it's time.

Time for what I ask. He says to either help a little now, or to lead in the future.

I look down again and he is gone. 

The rumbling is so loud now, and just then it sounds and feels like a massive eq to the left where the remains of the downtown is.

There is one building that is taller than the rest, even though it is broken in half.

I look down again hoping the man was there, and when I look up I can see a wall of water that is bigger than that last broken building.

I'm screaming again to run, mostly physical again, and people are running now. 

The wall of water is moving so fast, I can see nothing but bodies in the wave and time now slows down, everything moving in slow motion.

I look down and see the old man is back, trying to crawl towards the hill behind us. 

And at that moment, the water hits. 

Everything blurs for a moment, and then I am floating. Next thing I know, I'm hundreds of feet over the ground. 

I see nothing but water to the left, and it goes all the way to the mountain to the right, surrounding it.

While looking around, I start slowly slipping out of the dream. I wake up crying. I know everyone is dead in the dream.

.......that's it.

Look, just saying that i'm not in the mood to get beat up over this dream. I am NOT saying this is going to happen, and I have been praying harder than ever in my life this morning for it to never happen.

I don't want to scare anyone, while at the same time, I am scared to post this. Its just a dream ok.

Peace and Love  

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Well, I really hope you are wrong because that is only a couple hundred miles from my home. Of course, that may help explain why I have had such strong feelings myself, eh? ETA: My sister had a similar dream a day before the horrible quake/tsunami in Indonesia. There are dreams and then there are visions....you know the difference.

A little side-note: The rumbling sounds have been pretty consistent and very loud lately. Coming from a direction in a straight line with that quake. ??

I feel like I need to explain a little more about my previous post, regarding yesterdays date and the 7.4 quake. It was late last night and i didn't spend as much time as I should have.

So first, last year after the whole experience with the Japan quake I really got to thinking more about what it is I was feeling and why. There was absolutely no doubt in my mind that I felt it coming weeks out, and knew the day of and then fifteen minutes before that it was about to strike and there would be thousands of deaths. HOW??? What was it and why??? It was actually a kinda hard time. I think a lot of us still posting here experienced similar feelings and emotions which has caused us to take notice.

So in late october, early November when i began having somewhat similar feelings (but of a lesser degree), I tried to explore it more. Around the same time I was grasping a better understanding of the spiritual world and my (our) relationship with it and God/Holy Spirit. How we are all connected. So when I had this feeling again, I prayed about it....to be shown where. That was when I was 'shown' Oklahoma. That was when I got on the Oklahoma kick.
Now...trying to remember back the sequence here......I then had a dream where I saw the deep red numbers '7.4' scrolling across my earthquake alert notice on my phone. I then prayed again about it later that day, I think...or perhaps the next day and was shown the numbers 11 7 . I began sharing these impressions/dreams/whatever you want to call them, here on ATS. In my attempt to interpret what it meant, I lumped it all together. I have since learned that sometimes I am only meant to present what info i receive WITHOUT trying to interpret.

SO anyways....a couple days after posting these things, (last year) on 11/7/11, there was a 4.7 quake in Oklahoma, followed by a nice little swarm. I think it was the largest quake they had had there in quite sometime. Some members here suggested that maybe the numbers were transposed (7.4 = 4.7) Although I admitted the date and location were exactly what I had seen...i still felt certain in that I had seen a 7.4 quake alert.

I decided to wait until the following year to see if anything else happened. (I hadn't seen a year with the possible date of 11 7.

So last night (while in prayer coincidentally) it dawned on me that it was 11-7 and that there had, in fact, been a 7.4 quake that morning. I have to say it was a feeling of......awe looking at that number in red with the date beside it on the USGS site. Even though God has shown me time and time again affirmation for things this past year....something so black and white (or red in this case
) is just.....somewhat chilling. But it DOES build me up to be bolder and more open to what I am being shown.

For example: I found out the other day that my sons friend was moving in down the street. I don't really know this friend, but that he's a good kid. I had it placed upon my hear that I needed to get involved with his family...to help them somehow, but to make myself available to them. So when I went for a walk the next day and saw a truck out front with stuff in it, I walked up to talk with them (thinking it was his friend moving in)...well, it was the current renter moving out (I had only met her once two days before. A single mom) I explained to her that my son know the boy moving in and that I was going to offer to help them. Turns out that they aren't moving in until this weekend, but SHE was trying to move her whole family out and her own. When I asked her if SHE needs my truck and help she almost started crying and said YES! THEN...come to find out, I know the mom moving in (I had worked with her some years back) and my daugher knows her daughter. I immediately friended her on FB and offered help, which was accepted.

I am sharing these stories in an attempt to show others how God works. IF we listen. He is talking to us ALL the time....when you open yourself to his words of wisdom, it just pours in and the affirmation to it all being real is HUGE.

SO. Yes, something bigger is still coming. I have heard this echoed by so many people now that I don't doubt it will happen. It is just a matter of time (which is coming close) and where (I think somewhat close to my location...on the West coast). But there is nothing to FEAR. Only prepare and be ready for whatever is to come.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Strange, I have just been searching through your posts to find that dream because I recall you had yours one night after I had mine. I found it and copied the link but as you've pasted yours in, I don't really need to post the link to it.

Instead, so members can compare if they wish to, I'll post the link back to the dream I had on the night of Feb 13 to 14 last year. (Actually very early in the morning on Feb 14, my time). It's here.

The main similarities are that both dreams were placed within western-style, modern cities and both were very extreme in terms of the quake and its effects. Not sure of all the details I posted in follow-up later, but I actually seached on Google Earth around Seattle and seemed to locate a place that fitted in well with what I saw in my dream. So, if my identified location is correct, then both dreams seem to relate to the PNW region.

By the way I'm struggling a bit to type today. I keep hitting wrong keys, missing out letters or mixing them up and having to backspace. Been feeling a bit of a mess for a few days now but today is the worst in a long while. This doesn't have to mean anything but it's the pits all the same.

Now I'll have a go at replyng to a few other posts.

Mike

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Tara,

when you say you're getting rumbling sounds coming in a straight line direction with "that quake", am I right in assuming you mean the mag 6.3 and not where the 7.7 occurred further NW off BC?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
[snip]
... it wouldn't surprise me at all is something massive is brewing somewhere we absolutely don't expect it, which is perhaps why we are all feeling it so much. The surprise element maybe has more shock value, if we're picking up on future feelings of panic and uncertainty. I dunno...maybe somewhere like in the mid Atlantic, or London might be enough to do that. When my other half had that tsunami dream a couple of weeks ago, he was in north London.

Later today, I'm going to work on a way of pinning down location and see if I can work out a system of defining patterns if I can, just to play with. And I will keep a close eye on the mail at work for any unusual destinations, or places mentioned more than once.

edit on 8-11-2012 by caitlinfae because: typos.....sleepy.....

Hi Cait,

I edited down your post in the reply to the above as it's what I particularly feel the need to respond to. (Please forgive any oddness in my writing. I am not thinking so great right now on some levels.)

Yes, the unexpected location. That's always a problem and the professionals in the business are aware of this conundrum. Some faults have possibly been quiet for centuries or even longer and if they are in regions where long-term records are lacking then it's hard know how long it is since something happened there. I mean, just consider the PNW. It's only been during the past two decades that researchers have confirmed the region's history of very large quakes at intervals of centuries.

There's the New Madrid Seismic Zone and the nearby Wabash Valley Seismic Zone, with the latter affecting southern Illinois and Indiana. It's all been relatively quiet for 200 years and a big event there would seem unexpected to most people.

So, what about other regions? There are places in the Caribbean that are in much the same situation as Haiti was before its disaster. There are even Asian regions that have not had a huge quake in a long while but have the potential. Taiwan is one that caught my attention a week or so back. They have the potential for a mag 8.5 there, both along the fault N/S through the island and at the subduction zone just by its east coast.

And there is even Portugal, which hasn't had a massive quake since the Lisbon event on Nov 1, 1755.

There may also be other major faults that we simply don't know about because we have no records of any major quakes there.

The mid Atlantic is much less likely in a direct way because the primary activity there is along the ridge -- which helps to push the sections of the plates apart. But we don't know everything that it might do: major activity along the ridge could have knock-on effects elsewhere. (I wrote about this a few years back in reference to a theoretical link between Nth Mid-Atlantic Ridge quakes and ones around the Kamchatka region up to 3 days later and about 180 deg longitude away).

London is thought to be very unlikely in terms of a major seismic event, based on what we know of the region's seismicity over many centuries past. But there are other places named London, including several in the US. (At least 5.)

Pinning down location and looking for patterns: anything you can think of that might help is most welcome. Never mind how way-out it might seem. Just share it with us.

Best regards,

Mike
edit on 8/11/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Hi newsoul,

what you said about places with "i" in the name is something to ponder. It makes me think of the Wabash Valley seismic zone, that includes parts of Illinois and Indiana.

About "monument" and/or "monumental". Well, as a word it's interesting because it derives from the Latin "monumentum", which relates to "monēre" (meaning "to remind"). So, as monuments are often built as memorials, to remind us of something important, a monumental event would be one that is especially memorable. And, obviously, quite massive.

I'm just saying that though it might be a place name, it doesn't have to be.

Hi WOQ,

oh yes.. Sounds like you might have picked up on the 6.3.

Oh, and the popcorn! Or any corn! Yes... I have a strong craving for cornflakes right now and never mind that it's ten o'clock at night, I'm having some... Hopefully the melatonin will help..

~Mike

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Old cat has been under the desk for about an hour.
Young cat was pestering me a little while ago, but not trilling, (yet).

My ears are ringing, not very loud, but they do it a lot anymore!
I'm kind of restless, slowly changing to antsy!

Hubby has his eq face on. Said he feels miserable,
& sick to his stomach! Says symptoms are at least 6.
Old cat just came out, went & ate a few mouthfuls,
& went right back under the desk!!!
Anyone else noticing anything???
WOQ

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Where is your general location??

2nd.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

In PA.
Fukushima just had a 5.5 & two aftershocks.

www.jma.go.jp...

USGS has it as a 5.3.

I don't think that's the one though. Too small,
unless it gets upgraded. My ears are still ringing.
Not quite as antsy though.

Hubby said nothing has lessened for him yet.
WOQ

top topics

<< 162  163  164    166  167  168 >>

join